Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Daily Chat #3

Hello,

Please join us here as we discuss our weight loss efforts, as well as our daily lives. We share support, friendship, and accountability. All newbies welcome!

So, pull up a chair, make yourself comfortable, and jump right in!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Linda - thanks for the info on Swiss chard. The recipe you shared sounds really good. Hope you had a good visit with your mom.

Pam - yowza, you are a busy gal! When is the baby due?

Hello to Coralee, Carol, Tammy, Doris, Trish, and all others.

Weigh-in showed a .6 of a pound loss. After losing 4 pounds in the past two weeks, I sort of expected a lesser loss this week. That makes 18.6 pounds gone now. YAY!

I've got 3 granddaughters here until tomorrow evening, and they will keep me on my toes, lol.

Have a good weekend.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning:

It looks like it's going to be lovely outside today.

Got an unexpected message from a relative who says they're in our neck of the woods. I'm thinking they are in Vegas that is 8 hours away. But my cousin fell and possibly broke something so I didn't get to talk to her yet.

So we will probably be seeing them later if in fact they are up here.

Jane: Have fun with your grand daughters!

No loss this week But I'm not giving up. Since I dropped 7#s my first week I'm hoping my body is just trying to adjust. I was reading an article about how the body will hang on to fat by any means and that's why diet pills don't work forever. So I guess we should be happy with even small changes.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #4  

Hopefully everyone is out having a good time!

My cousin called and she did a lot of damage when she fell so I feel really bad for her. She shattered bones in one of her wrists. It must be terrible to be so far away from home when something happens. And the weather is supposed to be bad this week and she will have to cross a mountain pass to get to my house on her way back home.

It just goes to show how fast things can happen!

I had a good long walk yesterday and the scale moved. It's all about the exercise for me. Today some yard clean-up and house-cleaning (I would rather work outside )

Enjoy your day!

Doris
Old 04-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

its a rainy day here. I missed church today, kidney stone on the move. We had dinner out with friends last night and our grand daughter spent the night after.
No field work for a few days with the rain. but we need the rain badly. so its ok.
our new grand baby will be here the beginning of Sept.
I love swiss chard, i will be planting some this year.
ok, time to go out and do the afternoon chores and I think we will go to town for a few farm supplies and groceries.
have a great evening everyone.
Pam
Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #6  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Jane Congratulations on the weight loss!
Pam Hope things are better with the kidney stone!!

Ok stayed away from the scale for 2 weeks, weighed in and no gain and no loss, which is a good thing, will have to evaluate porion sizes. but all in all am not to unhappy.

Have a blessed day.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jane, I'm sure you had a great weekend with your granddaughters doing girl things. Congratulations on the scale victories!

Doris, that's just awful about your poor cousin! I hope her trip back home isn't too cumbersome for her. I'm glad the scale is finally moving for you, too!

Pam, I hope the kidney stone isn't causing you too much discomfort, and that you had a good day today. It's raining here, too, and looks like the next few days will be wet.

CCajun, I bet the next time you weigh, the scale will have some good news!

I went off shopping with my son, DIL and grandkids today and left Jake home to watch all the sci-fi shows he wanted on TV and nap without me nagging him all day, so we all had a nice day. Now I'm going to top off the day with a relaxing bubble bath, then curl up on the sofa with a mug of tea and watch The Amazing Race before bed.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-25-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Doris - sorry about your cousin, and I hope her wrist mends nicely. I'm with you on taking small losses. Seems the older we get, the harder it is to have sizable ones!

Pam - it's rainy here, too, blech! As you say, that's a good time to stock up on supplies, though.

Tammy - as Linda said, I bet you'll see a better loss next time you weigh in. Maybe you should go back to weighing each week? I have been wondering if you're alright with all the tornado activity down your way.

Linda - ah, what a nice day you had!

Hello to anyone reading this.

I went over calories yesterday, but have my food plan in place for today. It's gloomy and raining, so I'm going to focus on getting some much-needed things done in the house.

Have a good day, ladies.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies. Sunny here, my friend called at 6:30 this morning and couldn't walk, so I didn't go, but my daughter and I will be taking my grand daughter and walking when they finish their breakfast. I also have some extra eggs I want to donate to the food bank.

I ate way too much this weekend, glad I don't get on the scales again till Friday, really watching my food intake now~

Tammy hang in there, sometimes it takes a while to see a loss.

Jane I have problems when I don't plan, so I need to get better at that. I need to get some in the house stuff done too, hubby informed me that as soon as it dries up I will be in the tractor for long days.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Doris, hubby broke his wrist in 05 and had to have pins in, not a fun time for him, then last Nov, smashed his thumb, and then broke his leg 2 months ago. his problem is he needs to slow down, although the wrist was from a horse throwing him.

have a great MOnday everyone.
Pam
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

Pam:Sorry to hear about your kidney stone being on the move. Rain is a mixed blessing isn't it? We don't get very much around here so I usually enjoy rainy weather. Sounds like your hubby heals fast; at least he's active!

Jane: My jealous brain must have ignored the good news about your weight loss Congrats!

Cajun: At least you didn't gain! I'm going to start counting my calories so I can make better choices. I think I cut down a lot, but I may be wrong.

Cottage: I'm jealous thinking about your bubble bath; after cutting down tree branches and hauling old grass clippings to the dump I could have used one too.

Hello everyone else--have a wonderful day!

Doris
Old 04-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just thought I'd pop in to say "hi!" Not much is going on here, it's been a dreary, gloomy, rainy day, and it sure did feel good to change into my soft, warm nightie and snuggle up on the couch when I got home.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #12  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Jane Our weather was not too bad, more wind than anything else, reminded me of tropical storm weather, but not much by way of rain. Thank you for the concern.

Have a blessed evening. Tammy
Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA. Just being quiet. Glad to see us getting a lot of Newbies since I was here last. to all of you newbies.

Jane Congrats on the weightloss. I know you enjoyed the girls this weekend.

Tammy Your weather sounds like ours. My DD calls when he sees bad weather around us on the weather channel to see if we're okay. But it is usually bad around us mostly Charlotte, NC gets all the rain and of course it looks like we are getting it with them, but we don't.

Pam I am so sorry about the kidney stone. Our Pastor's wife has them and they can't be desolved so she suffers terrible with them from time to time. I hope you are feeling better.

Doris That must be terrible for your cousin to have such a terrible fall. Hope she is feeling better and heals quickly.

Linda and everyone else

Well, I changed my woe a bit Saturday and so that will be my WI day. I ended up eating a lot of salt last week, I know where some of it came from but not sure where I got all of it from. I don't eat a lot of salt because I know I can't handle it. I was really swelled and I had drank my water, but I've never had such a hard time getting it off. I still consider myself doing IE, but I decided that I needed to work at portion control so I'm using my WW materials to kind of keep up with how much I am eating only to keep from overeating. I don't know if that is called dieting instead of IE, but it's what I need to do right now and it is working. Most of the fluid has come off.

Well, I thought we were going to go see our new grandson, Jaxxon, who was born on the 18th, but DH doesn't want to go on Mother's Day weekend. I had my mind set on going that weekend not realizing it was Mother's Day weekend. We will have to decide when we are going... which will be later in the month. Hopefully I can get a little more weight off before we go.

Well it is late so I better close I'm getting tired and just might be able to go to bed and sleep.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #14  

Good morning, I am waiting for my grand daughter to wake up and then I will take her to the sitter and head out in the tractor. I want to hang some clothes out on the line before heading out. Yesterday was spent running for parts and picking up beef from the butcher.

I don't know how you can wait to see that new grandson, Trish.

Gotta head out! talk to you later.
Pam
Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #15  

Morning All:

It's crazy windy here--I just heard a big tree branch hit the roof. A snow storm is blowing in--at least we had 3 lovely days in between.

Have a good day everyone.

Doris
Closed Thread