View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #50
30and300
So tired

S/C/G: 309/294/less

Height: 5'2"

This thread seems kinda dead.... =/

When i first joined this forum, I was only aware of the RNY and lapband because that's what my hospital does. Jillybean encouraged me to check out the DS due to the way I described my eating patterns and my concerns about the RNY's side-effects.

So I've researched. And researched. And more and more. I feel like I have enough information to decide on the DS at this point. I really like what I have read about it, and it seems like it is perfect for me.

I found a doctor who has done many successful lap DS's in Georgia - near my sister. My big concern with recovery is having someone to help me drive home and help out, so I've been looking at states where I have close family.

My doctor here in Iowa wants me to do the RNY because she isn't familiar with the DS. (!!!!) I'm not going to settle for the RNY just because she's not up to date on all the options, though. So I'm starting the process of getting my insurance (Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield) to approve the DS out of state. It looks like a rough fight with them though, so we'll see how it goes..
30and300 is offline   Reply With Quote