Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/228/170

Height: 5'7

Default Slim in Six Soldiers

hello ladies, my name is Mel and i have been a member on 3fc for a while now. when i first joined i was very into trying to lose weight. I did manage to lose 16 pounds with the help and support that i recieved from this website and team. But since then i havent really been on the computer alot due to work and schhol so i pretty much have completely fallen off the wagon! when i first began my signature at the bottom i was 223 and went down to 207. Now i am five pounds heavier than my starting weight from before. Anyways, i am starting the slim in six program which ive had for a few years but i felt like the workout was SO BORING!! lol but i have decided that i will stay motivated and on track this time and I WILL LOSE THIS WEIGHT!! If there is anyone that wants to start or give slim in six anothe try....post to this thread. WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER STAY MOTIVATED AND MAKE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.........GOOD LUCK LADIES....WE CAN DO THIS.

Ladybug18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

My name is Crystal, and I just recently started Slim in 6. I'll be starting my second week on January 21. However, I only plan to do 4 weeks of it so that I can be in good enough shape to try Chalean Extreme starting in the middle of Febraury. Like you, I've had Slim in 6 for a while and was able to loss 20 pounds combined with diet. I'm just trying to get myself used to exercising since I haven't since the holidays came.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #3  

Hi suishysquirrel.....i am excited for you starting your second week of SI6! also congrats to losin the weight before . today i am starting my third week of the program and i actually decided not start with start it up but i did start with ramp it up. thanks to the mute button on the TV ( the music on the workouts are boring) and my stereo, ive been able to keep on track. for my updates so far i have lost a total of seven inches from all over my body, and 4 pounds. feel fee to post any results you hve now and will have in th future. i will keep checking on you....goodluck!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  

I started my second week yesterday. I'm on Ramp it Up. So far I have lost 4.5 pounds, 1 inch off my waist, and 1.5 inches of each thigh. I'm pretty excited because I've never measured inches before and I haven't given up on exercising thanks to the inch loss. I do find it a little boring, so I am considering alternating it with 30 Day Shred. I haven't decided yet. I remember when I did Slim in 6 in October and I couldn't sit on the toilet for days because my legs were killing me. I'm not having that problem at all. I'm more used to the squats and I feel more energized than I have in years. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #5  

Hi there, I just got finished my workout (literally). I am burning all over! I cant believe that I was still burning afteri was finished working out. I will admit that at the beginning of thw workout, I couldnt keep up as well and started to get a little discouraged. Then i started thinking that today was only the first day of the advance dvd and not to be s hard on myself. so I pulled myself together and finished the workout. BTW 4.5 pounds......thats great :-). like you, i DIDnt start counting inches until now. im glad i have though because even if i dont lose as much weight as i expect to, losing inhes are just as rewarding. ttyl.............keep going.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #6  

I just tried burn it up today. Only lasted 15 minutes because I got frustrated. Plan on working out at the gym tonight, but I WILL complete the workout tomorrow. I haven't given up on Slim in 6 just yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #7  

goodmorning, i felt the same way when i started the burn it up on monday, i was so HEATED!!! i felt like all the hard work i had did before was for nothing when i could barely keep up. i almost cut the workout off but idecided that i wasnt going to do it because i just did weekes of working out and eating healthy to get to this point! so today is my 5th day into the Burn it up dvd and eventhoughsome of the exercises i still have to switch up and do something to make up for the ones i cant do, i'm not giving up. im literally halfway there to being finished with this program....... just keep going like you said you will be fine. i saw that you were doing the gym too....thats great. i dont have the heart to enter a gym yet but im working on that HAHA. sometimes i do a little turbo jam. i think after i finish the SI6, i will switch it up to turbo jam for a few weeks....who knows?

KEEP GOING SQUISHYSQUIRREL!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #8  

So I weighed in today. Started out at 190 and was 185.5 at the beginning of this week. I am now 182.8, so I lost 2.7 pounds this week. Total of 2 inches in the waist, 2 inches in each thigh, and 1 inch in each arm lost since starting. Yesterday I still wasn't able to complete Burn It Up but was able to last 5 minutes longer (I probably could have done better if I had taken my vitamins yesterday......oops). I have 3 weeks until Valentine's Day, which is when I hope to start Chalean Extreme, so I will continue trying to do Burn It Up for the next 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I have an interview with University of Kentucky's Medical Center, so I'll be unable to do it for three days. Fortunately, I should still be able to do something at the hotel's fitness center.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #9  

That is awesome that u lost weight and slot of inches! Keep up the good work it sounds like your giving it all u have to stick with it. Yesterday I weighed myself and I m down to 220. I was 228 when I started so I'm very happy with my results so far. Valentines day too is a special day for me; it's when me and my boyfriend go on our " mini vacation ". I'm very excited..... My mini goal is to get down to 215 by vacation time. I am pretty sure I will get there just have to stay on track!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #10  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
goodmorning, i felt the same way when i started the burn it up on monday, i was so HEATED!!!
Hey Ladybug, I'm glad to hear you say that! I've been doing SI6 for going on 3 weeks now, and along with using my treadmill and just starting Weight Watchers, I've lost a total of 30 lbs.!

I just completed Start It Up!, and when I tried to tell my friends how it made me feel, the one word that coming back again and again was HOT! I swear it felt like I'd been in a sauna after about the first 10 minutes, and like you said, I kept that feeling of my body heat rising all night into the next day. I also sweated GALLONS! Even after I finished my workout and showered, I would still have sweat rolling off my forehead - so badly that one day I was trying to text a friend and had to keep wiping the sweat from my eyes, lol! Also, like others, I could barely do 5 minutes when I first started, but I did a little more each day and by the second week I could do it all the way to the beginning of "floor work."

Just started Ramp It Up!, and I can get through most of it fine, although I do have to pause to rest and get water in between sets. I'm just getting ready to begin following Debbie down onto the mat - I skipped that portion on level 1, and did other moves instead, but now I think I can do it. I told my friends, for the moves to be so simple, the workout is AMAZING! I'd recommend this workout to anyone!

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!

Last edited by Cute n Chunky; 01-29-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #11  

Hi cute n chunky!!! Welcome to the slim in six soldiers. I'm glad to hear of your success in losing 30 pounds , that's truly amazing..... Extremem congrats on that. It's funny that you say you kept pausing the tapes because instead of me pausing, like you I would substitute one move for a different one haha. I have finished my six week workout as of today but I haven't posted my weight or loss of inches since I haven't weighed or taken my measurements yet... But I will def keep you ladies posted. Eventhough I have I finished I will go back to doing the ramp it up to still help me as I go to complete other workouts. Goodluck and keep up the fantastic job that u r doing.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #12  

Can I revive this thread? Anyone still doing Slim in 6?

I just started this program to get ready for Insanity. I got through Start It Up very easily, but I was surprised the next day at how sore my abs and inner thighs were!! I've got one more day of Start It Up left before I go on to Ramp It Up.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/184/125

Height: 5'3

/Bump

Hey, how'd everybody do? I just started Slim in 6 yesterday and I feel better already. I know that it's a little soon for results but I had so much more energy today! Is there anyone still doing this??
riannalorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #14  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Hey rianna! I just started this program again this week too. I love it. It kicks my butt, but it's such a great workout.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/184/125

Height: 5'3

It really is amazing! I feel so much stronger already. I kept doing the first video for the first few days of the second week... but i am now on my third day of ramp it up and boy is it tough! but i really do feel a million times healthier, stronger, slimmer, you name it! i haven't taken my measurements again so idk about inches quite yet...

but i did weigh myself twice- at the end of the first week i had GAINED 2.6 lbs (but i knew that was due to muscle!) and today i weighed in at 188!!! that's down 6 lbs! i assume i'll gain a bit more muscle but you know what that means.... SIANARA FAT! )))))

and i even took an extra day off because i was feeling a bit under the weather! HA!

i'm feeling great, and im sure you are as well!
riannalorelle is offline   Reply With Quote