Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #46  

Sorry to hear that you have having trouble with you Sciatic Nerve, but good for you for not giving up!! Things happen and what you have to do is make sure your diet stays on point and when you can get back into exercising you do so. There have been so many times in the past where I have used an injury or work to "prevent" me from reaching my goals. Just be strong and go on!!

You are doing great though Just remember that you can only go as far as you allow yourself!! No one can do it for you. You are doing awesome keep it up!!!
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #47  

... oh and last night I picked up the new issue of Bazaar magazine and Drew Barrymore is featured. HOLY COW, she is my inspiration she looks great and reading the article she seems so real. A part of the article talks about her diet and exercise and she is just so real, I love it (being in hollywood for school and work for 3 years you really see a lot of fake ppl). So, if you get a chance I recommend stopping for 5 mins and reading it in the grocery or drug store.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

I will! I've always loved Drew Barrymore.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #49  

Well today is my off day and I am glad it is because I have been sick all day Hopefully tomorrow morning I am feeling much chipper and can make it to the gym! I hope you all have had a good day.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #50  

So, I was really sick all weekend and had to take 3 days off. I feel awful that I did but I know my body is thanking me. So this afternoon I am going to do my ramp it up video and I'll see how it goes! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #51  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies I found 'Burn It Up' at a garage sale for $1.00 so I had to buy it. I have about 15 workout tapes/dvds; they are mostly Gilad, some Cathe, and asst'd others. I really needed a change, you know how easy it is to get bored of the same routines.

I previewed Burn It Up one evening, after I had already worked out for the day...I fast-forwarded to hurry it along, and would pause it occasionally to listen to what was really going on. I kept noticing the guy on the right picking up a towel and wiping his face, so I thought OK, this might 'look' easy, but that guy is sweating hard!

So today I had off, so I had time to devote to an hour...whoa! My living room was cool, like low 60's but after 5 minutes I was warm and then I was drippy sweating! I like it very much. It seems very sound, that it's constant low - impact cardio, with toning. I could not complete the leg portion, I hope to someday get to that point of finishing!

I will try to alternate Burn It Up with my other tried and true vids. I need to make a new weight loss goal, 150 is okay but I would be better a little lower. I've gotten complacent with both eating and working out, I need to kick myself into caring again!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #52  

Welcome Vermont Mom,

I am on the Ramp it up video which is the video right before Burn it up. In all of the videos she has I sweat a ton!! I think they are great workouts. I can always feel it the next day. I am there with you and still cannot get through the leg portion without stopping. I am going to do Ramp it up later this afternoon. Good luck!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #53  
Biker Chick!

Thanks for the welcome, Abbyew I HAVE to get my car inspected this afternoon but when I get back from that, I hope to work out
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Been trying to take it easy this week-- sleeping in instead of getting up. My Sciatic is still bothering me, but I cleaned downstairs REALLY well yesterday and worked on upstairs today. THe house is cleaner than it has been since... well since i had a housekeeper when I was pregnant with my 8-month-old, haha.
I really do want to get back to ramp it up. Good stuff. YOU GO Vermont Mom! Looks like you started out right where I am and got down to where I want to be!! Way to go. Hope I can get my act together. I'm trying to take it a little easy on myself since I'm still breastfeeding and have 3 little ones. But there comes a time when you just tell yourself "ENOUGH!"
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #55  
Biker Chick!

hey I'm back Had a big upset in our life, my hubster crashed my motorcycle on the 6th....he got a fractured skull and some brain bleeding; he was released after only 24 hours but I had to drive him everywhere and life was kinda crazy for a bit...anyway, he will be OK! So ... my working out got put on hold too for a bit.

But I'm back in the game. In the past week I've been able to work out about 4 times, and today I did the Burn it Up. Boy oh boy, if one was to stick to one's diet, and did that workout like 4 times a week...one would be in fine shape!!

I need to change my goal and ticker. Mostly my goal is to stay flexible and be a bit fitter, because I have a milestone b-day coming in 2 months.

thank you momtomollie!! wow..YOU rule for being able to even think about working out when you have 3 little ones!!

and Abbeyew - I picked up that issue of Bazaar, I saw it in the store...tried to find the article on Drew but there was so many pages of ads before the page of contents...I gave up
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #56  
Biker Chick!

I've done the Burn it Up a few more times...and have worked out 7 days in a row for the past week, yay! (other videos mixed in there)
Old 10-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #57  
Biker Chick!

well I Burned It Up again today but not all of it I couldn't bear to do the floor work; so I did the first part of standing aerobics and used my dumbbells instead of the stretchy bands..then subbed 15 minutes of Gilad abs.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 AM   #58  

Not sure if anyone here is still doing this. Today is week 5 day 3 for me and I do not want to get out of my warm bed to go down and PP! I will but I am dreading it. It will be cold for only about 5 minutes then I will be sweating like crazy;
meoc7197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 150.2/147.8/120

Height: 5.7"

I just found this thread. I only started Slim in 6 yesterday but would love some online encouragement! Is anyone else still doing it?
Daisy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #60  

Daisy I am on week 5 day 3 today. I have 9 more workouts!
meoc7197 is offline   Reply With Quote