Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldly Chicks navigating November nicely 2.

Silly me, I was playing around with things I shouldn't bother with and managed to close off the November thread.

Sorry ladies. Here's the link to go back to the old thread and catch up with the news. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-nicely-5.html
Old 11-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD THAT WAS TOO FUNNY WHEN I FOUND THE THREAD CLOSED!! I THOUGHT WTF!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO SEE MY LONG POST FROM YESTERDAY IS MISSING.
I WONDER WHERE THAT WENT TO...ANYWAY...I WAS CAUGHT UP UNTIL LAST NIGHT SO I'LL JUST WAVE THIS TIME AROUND TO EVERYONE

ANNIE~ GOD HELP US...WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY SAY TO MAKE IT ALL FEEL BETTER. JUST KEEP REMEMBERING YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND CANNOT HELP IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS GONE THRU THE MILL AND COME OUT DAMAGED. WE ALL HANDLE THE BAD TIMES OF OUR PAST DIFFERENTLY AND MEN REALLY DO STRUGGLE WITH THEIR DEMONS. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT TONY IS A GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE MAN. I WISH WE COULD ALL GIVE YOU A HUG AND MUCH LOVE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-18-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about you and T. I agree with Mel, T is handling his demons in his own way, and it totally sucks, but it's not at all on you. You truly are a beautiful woman inside and out. Love and big hugs to you my sista. Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug in person.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

Wishing Y'all a Wellness-Filled Wednesday ladies -

I had a rough day yesterday. Was running a fever and feeling really sick to my stomach. I feel like I've been navigating through November nauseously (at least lately). On the positive side...I'm feeling better today. My fever has broken, and if I can get through the day with out explosions from either end, I may try and get to the gym...or at least go for a walk...depends on how I'm feeling later.

I'm getting frustrated and feeling fat. But I know that for a variety of reasons, I'm not working this 110%. And if I go back to doing what I was doing (when I was fat) I'll keep getting what I got (more fat). So I've got to kick myself in the arse and just get with it! So please, Annie, Ceejay, Shad, Happy and Laura, give me a swift kick in the arse...and Miss Mel, I know I can count on you for a rolling pin. I'm not off the wagon, but as I said, if I'm being honest, I'm not giving it my all. I know I can and must do better to make progress.

Shad - I, too, was wondering WTF when the thread closed! Hope you're enjoying a cooler day! Thanks for the lesson in temperature conversion! 110? That's awful! And it's not even the height of your summer yet, is it?

Happy - I hope your head/sinuses feel better today. Chicken pot pie in the crock pot sounds so yummy!! Do you have a recipe for that?? That's a wonderful comfort food. When you mentioned your pasta coma as a sleep aid...it got me to thinking that turkey tettrazini must be an outstanding sleep aid...between the tryptophan (sp?) in turkey causing sleep and the pasta... lots of z's. I did get to bed early. It was lovely. And I'm feeling better for it today! I thought people here at work had cut back on their fragrances...but then yesterday after lunch, I went to the ladies rest room and it reeked of the strongest, sickening perfume ever! Yup...I went bulimic right then and there.

Ceejay - Hope you have a good day! And no farting visitors!

Laura - Thanks for the advice. I did relax. And our laminate holds up to our 3 dogs' claws quite well...which is another reason we chose it over hardwood. I'm glad you're feeling better. My DH has had sinus/head/ear congestion for over a month now. Haven't heard much about The Box or Law Abiding Citizen.

Gotta get to work.

Love and big hugs,
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi y'all,

Well a flu shot may ward off the flu but it don't do a dang thing for a cold or sinus issues Left work a bit early yesterday just in time to get slowed down all the way home by the speed zone drops as the little sh*ts got out of school. I call them that deservedly as they are ignorant, purposely jay walk and slow at that all the while glaring at you half with glee because they slowed you down and half daring you to hit them. Passed out for about an hour. DH made supper - chicken pot pie in the crock pot - not bad but much too much black pepper for me. We agreed we'd make it again with some tweeks. I took some Nyquil and went to bed a bit earlier. Woke up today and it's all in my throat and chest. I dread the coughing that will probably begin soon. At least this one is a quick mover - hoping 4 days of misery - max.

Annie - I hope you found it within you to get out of bed today and get on with things. I could not have said it better than Mel did. DH and I talk alot and there are alot of things that I just don't agree with what he says but I appreciate that he tells me them as it gives me some understanding as to how men think. I have long since quit getting him to think my way or judging him for how he sees things. It's just the way they are. So with T and your comment to let you think for yourself in your relationship. It's also true with what Shad said - you both have had alot of demands on your time with work - makes it hard to find time for a relationship if you're beat and just want to relax. You are a good person and anyone who has your heart is a lucky one. Accept that this is how things must be at this moment in the universe and move on. You still have us.

Mel - I too was wondering why we had a new thread posted on the 3FC home page. I honestly sat here with my clogged head for a minute and thought - what day is it? Didn't we roll into November already? Did someone spam our thread? Be careful with the power you have been given Shad

I can't remember what was on the other thread. Oh a while back Michelle - you asked about cleaning stuff. I like the Lavender scented Pine-Sol floor cleaner. It's a very mild smell - tho might be too strong for Mel. Not the intense smell of the original stuff. Was watching a talk show and they had a segment on cleaning. Said to wash the bath/shower down with soapy water and a good scrub brush. Said to avoid using chlorine bleach but did not say why not. Perhaps because it can be deadly when mixed with many chemicals? They also said if you use a mop to wash the floor that you can disinfect it by putting a 1/2 cup of non-chlorine bleach and a squirt of dish detergent into a bucket of very hot water. Let the mop sit for 10-15 minutes, wring out and let dry.

Hope you had a quite toot-free night Ceejay.

Feeling better today Laura and Michelle?

I think I'd better try and get a little work done before I take a nap break later on. Be good chicks...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok Michelle - to help get you back on track again - for the next 7 days each morning I want you to include in your post one thing that you did the prior day to make sure you were working the plan that helps you feel better about yourself. Just one. Every day. You hear missy? That's my lovin' push on your shoulders, 'k?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I totally agree with you about the smug little sh*ts. They glare at you knowing they can jay walk as slow as they want and there's nothing you can do. Sorry to hear your cold has moved to your throat/chest. I hope it does clear out soon. When I get a cold, it usually takes 24 hours or less to get to my chest, stays there for 6 to 8 weeks, and clears out only after a round or two of antibiotics and prednisone. Thanks for the suggestions on cleaners. And thanks for the gentle push. I'll check in tomorrow with at least one positive OP thing.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you ladies, it just hurts, made it out of bed at 11:00 am. Didn't go to work as my eyes are too swollen and am seeing blurry.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Big hugs to you. I know it hurts bad. Wish there was something I or any of us could do to ease the pain. Good that you are taking the day off.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #10  

Morning all,
It's early in the morning. It is overcast and grey and I'm thinking there is rain on the way. Yahooo.

Annie - take today off as a pity party for yourself and then climb back into the big girls blouse tomorrow and carry on. It is hard, but you have to get back to yourself. No sense in endangering your job and livelihood is there? I just know that you have the strength to do this. And somewhere out there, is the right person for you. You have to get dressed and go find him.

Michelle - sorry you are not feeling well and hope it clears up very soon. I like Happy's idea of taking a positive action per day - I might adopt it myself.

Happy - sorry you are not feeling too good either. Hope it all comes good soon. Not turning out to be a really nice November for some of the chicks, is it?

Hope Laura and Patty and Ceejay manage to make it onto the new thread soon. I'm not going to tell you what I did to close the previous thread, because you may also try it to see if you have tha power - which you probably have. I must say, that I didn't think I would even get close to a moderators tools much less be able to use them. I should have experimented on someone else's thread tho. OOOOh Shad that was nasty.

Mel - do not try to put your sticky little fingers where I stuck mine yesterday!!! You and I are both great button pushers. We have this need to see how things work and why. I should not be let loose like that on a site like this. Ruthxxx will be having my guts for garters if I manage to shut it down or whatever!

Anyway - better go get emotionally prepared for my daily walk. Last one before I go to NZ. It will be easy walking at Chris (ex Japan) place, but my sister lives on the side of a real mountain. That should test my lung capacity. See you all later.

Last edited by Shad; 11-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #11  

Just remembered that today is weigh in day. No loss this week, but it is not surprising since I forgot to take the fluid tablet a couple of days, and I haven't been logging food - although I don't think I have been too bad at that side of things. If I don't take the fluid tablets, then I can gain 1/2K in a day or so.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #12  

Annie – Sorry to hear about your breakup. Times are very challenging for both of you and it's obviously very hard for T to feel he's giving 100% to your relationship. Sorry you don't see eye to eye about that. I hope there's still a chance for you two to still work things out. I can't help but think that it would be better for you two to help each other through these challenging times together vs. separately. I won't say alone because you're NOT - remember that!!

Shad – LOL about the painting. In contrast to: I have a gallon paint can sitting in our foyer waiting to be used for touching up some spots I patched in August and sanded in October. Pathetic. (But the paint can has only been sitting there for about a week, LOL.) BTW, I used my internet history drop down to get to the now closed thread to catch up, so I didn't even know about the November 2 thread except by accident when I hit the back button one time too many! Otherwise I suppose I would've discovered it was closed when I tried to paste my Word doc into a reply! Hope you get the rain if you want it!

Michelle – Gosh, I hope you don't have the flu! People were wary of me w/ my cold last week, but I definitely feel like I only had a cold because I didn't have any body aches, chills or nausea/vomiting, the symptoms I strongly associate w/ the flu. Please take it easy and feel better before you hit the gym, okay? Gosh, I hope my congestion and coughing don't linger for a month!

Happy – I definitely hope your cold is a quick mover!! I might also take your suggestion to Michelle and report one OP action from the day before.

Hellos to Ceejay & Mel!

Well, I have to say that I fell off track on my eating yesterday, and basically the past week has not been good. It's not that I've made poor eating choices across the board, but it's definitely been one of those weeks where I won't be looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been on the scale since maybe last Friday, which also may not have been a good thing. The experts say not to weigh in daily, but I feel I shouldn't have avoided the scale all week. I don't expect a loss tomorrow, and even staying the same seems like a rather remote possibility. But I'm not chucking it all. I'll try to make good choices for the rest of the day and see what the scale brings tomorrow morning.

Have a good evening ladies.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #13  
Happy September

SHAD~ I AM ALMOST BREATHLESS FROM LAUGHINGOVER HERE. I WOULD NEVER EVEN THINK OF GOINGWHERE NO MAN OR WOMAN HAS GONE BEFORE AND TRY PUSHING A BUTTON OR TWO I AM SO GLAD IT WAS YOU AND NOT ME (WIPING MY EYES NOW SO I CAN TYPE) OMG...THIS IS TOO FUNNY. AND BEFORE I GET TO THE OTHERS LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MY FOOKING DAY:

I GOT A NOTICE FROM SOCIAL SECURITY. THE GOOD "UNCLE SAM LORD" GIVETH AND NOW WANTS TO TAKETH AWAY. JEN GOT A SIMILAR NOTICE. IT'S COMPLICATED BUT THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT IS THAT THE COMPUTER WAS SUPPOSED TO CATCH SOMETHINGS AND DIDN'T. GOOD THING MELLIE IS ON THE JOB. I FINALLY GOT AN OLD ACQUAINTANCE IN THE AGENCY AND HE IS GOING TO HELP STRAIGHTEN BOTH ACCOUNTS OUT. HE ALSO TOLD ME TO GET MY WHEELCHAIR PAPERS ALL IN A ROW AND HE WILL SEE IF HE CAN GET A TINY FRACTION OF ANY MONEY I LAY OUT BACK TO ME. GOODY GOODY. HE SAID SMALL POTATOES BUT SOME IS BETTER THAN NONE I SAID. ALL THIS RIGAMAROLE WITH 2 BRANCHES OF SOCIAL SECURITY WILL ONLY AMOUNT TO A NET GAIN OF $20 FOR EACH OF US. WTF!! THEY WASTED MORE IN POSTAGE I TOLD HIM!! I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU THE AMOUNT OF PAPERWORK IT IS TAKING THEM TO GET US ON REARRANGED ON 2 PROGRAMS, MEDICARE AND MEDICAID. UNBELIEVABLE. JEN WAS WORN OUT ARGUING WITH THE MAN SHE HAD. I TOLD MY GUY AND DID IT ALL IN ONE DAY IN FACT I HAD LEFT A MESSAGE FOR HIM AND HE TOOK CARE OF JEN BEFORE HE CALLED ME!! MY CASE IS MORE COMPLICATED WITH THE JOB. REMIND ME TO QUIT ONE DAY SOON! HOPEFULLY WE ARE GOOD TO GO NOW. THEY ARE DEDUCTING $35 EVERY MONTH FROM MY CHECK CAUSE THEY SAID THEY OVERPAID ME IN THE PAST. WTF!!! BUT THIS TIME I HAVE TO REPAY IT CAUSE THEY GAVE ME A HALL PASS THE LAST TIME,,,AND IT WASN'T SO LONG AGO. PASS GO AND DO NOT COLLECT YOUR MONEY MEL.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #14  
Happy September

THE PC WAS ACTING FUNNY SO I POSTED THAT LONG ONE...SORRY I WAS LONG WINDED BUT I NEEDED TO GET UNCLE OUT OF MY SYSTEM
NOW FOR THE REST OF YOU:

ANNIE....LOVEYA KIDDO. KEEP THE FAITH NO MATTER WHAT. REMEMBER THE WINTER WARLOCK...YOU JUST PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!! I SING THIS SONG A LOT IN MY HEAD...KEEPS ME TRUCKIN'

CEEJAY!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!????

HAPPY~ I AM SO SORRY THIS NASTY COLD IS GETTING INTO THE CHEST ETC. DANG WHAT A PAIN. HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELINGBETTER SOON. DID THE PEPPER OPEN UP THE SINUSES?!?!? OMG!!! I OFTEN THINK I WILL USE MY LITTLE CROCK POT AND NEVER DO. NOT SURE WHY. MAYBE I SHOULD TRY SOMETHING LIKE DH MADE. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!! YES KIDS TODAY ARE SOOO DISREPECTFUL AND KNOW FULL WELL THE LAW IS ON THEOR SIDE...TOO BAD CAUSE I USED TO CUSS THE BUGGERS OUT!!!

SHAD~ HOW FAST THE TIME FLIES. YOU WILL BE OFF TO NZ....WE CAN CHAT WHEN YOU COME BACK. BY THEN I SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEMS FOR YOU TO SOLVE AND YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME THE BUTTON PUSHING YOU DID! I WILL BE LAUGHING ALL WEEKEND ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE~ HAVE NO FEAR YOUNG LADY...THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A ROLLING PIN HERE WITH YOUR NAME ON I CAN ALWAYS GET THE CATTLE PROD OUT IF YOU GET TOO CARRIED AWAY!!

LAURA~I HEAR YA ON THE WEIGH IN THIS WEEK. GOOD LUCK. THAT WAS GOOD INFO ABOUT THE LAMINATE FLOORS. WILL PASS THAT ON TO A FRIEND OF MINE. SHE MOVED TO FLORIDA AND IS THINKING ABOUT NEW FLOORS AND HAS DOGGIES. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TOO.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies,

Annie - Hugs to you. I know you are hurting right now. I wish there was something we could do... We're here for you...

Oh, so much going on. I've been traveling with work, then coming back to office and trying to play catchup. Meanwhile, I decided i was going to paint my living room/dining/kitchen and 2 bathrooms with wallpaper AND clean out garage. Why it is when I get something in my head i'm just full force. We'll i got the garage cleaned out. I finally picked a color for living/dining room and i put some paint on wall and can't quite decide if i like... SO for now i'm going to put this project on hold. (I was trying to get done before Thanksgiving).

I haven't had a chance to read all post. I will do so shortly...
Hope all is going well with everyone.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 11-18-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread