Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #31  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I put my introduction in the other thread but I just thought I'd jump right in!

I just joined so I'm sorry if I dont put my posts in the right threads--be patient with me!

Everyone has a lot of good things to say! I enjoy just reading. I'm glad to find a community like this. You all are awesome!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #32  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Violet - Welcome to 3FC and the 300+ thread! Definitely jump right in.

What is that thing in the picture with you? Is it a hairdryer? Is it a strange bird? Is it a robot from Mystery Science Theater 3000? I just can't tell
Old 03-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Jill - WAY TO GO!!! I'm so glad that you got a new job!!!!!

Garnetfairy - I have TERRIBLE sleeping habits! I should DEFINATELY be in bed by now, as I have to be up in about 6 hours, but do I go? Of course not!

VioletSwerve - to the forum AND to 3FC! Can't wait to get to know you a little more!

I'm so tired, so why am I not in bed? I make NO sense. I have class bright and early at 8:30am, and here it is already 12:30...well, nearly. I really need to start my Psych paper. The semester's half over, and I haven't done ANYTHING, but read about Gacy...10 pages just seems so DAUNTING. I'm off to make a syllabus for me to follow, and then I'm going to BED. Night, chicks!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #34  
Amy

Oh, its this 5 ft tall sculpture of a praying mantis we have in my town. It is really cool! I has a grasshopper with it, too. They are chrome metal sculptures made out of like old motorcycle and car parts. They sit in front of a mexican restaurant w/"sombreros" made out of hubcaps now. We took these pictures with a camera phone the first day we drove by and saw it. They are super cool. I have a full size picture of it but I'm not sure about the rules on posting pictures in posts here...
Old 03-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #35  
Amy

Kayley--reading about Gacy? Like John Wayne Gacy? *shivers* eek! I used to LOVE reading about serial killers in high school but I cant IMAGINE doing it now, even for school! I dont know what was wrong w/me back then It was probably just that I was 15, that's reason enough to be weird!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:41 AM   #36  
Amber

S/C/G: 293/277/140

Just saying hi. I've been upset all day about something going on here that I can't really get into. I HATE feeling trapped and unable to talk to anyone. oksy I'm going to try to go to bed. Hopefully I will be in a better mood tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #37  

Just popped in to say helllo...
WELCOME Violet!!

Jill ---YEAH!!!!!! congrats on the job!!!!!!!!! That is SOOO awesome --and a GREAT increase in pay .... WOW---yeah for you!!!!!

The saga of the luggage continues.... I do plan to follow up with Southwest about the whole thing. They are going to repair it... pardon me if I'm skeptical.... but it was a better option than them keeping mine and replacing it with the bag od "their choice" or a 50 dollar travel voucher. Shoot...the bag cost more than 50 and we told them that we weren't inclined to want to travel with them any time soon. So there.

I'm off to NYC tomorrow, but will have my laptop with me so will try to check in. This time it's for work, but I love NYC so I've planned for a little fun time too. This is a busy travel time... have three more work related trips over the next few weeks.

All you students have my greatest respect -- hang in there with those classes!

Happy days, all. Stay strong!

Melanie
Old 03-09-2006, 03:28 AM   #38  

Just wanted to say hi and have a good day!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:27 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Well I gave in a bit and had a small bowl of ice cream , but I am back OP and feel more positive today. Don't you just hate those 'hormonal' days?
Amber I hope things improve for you, if you need a moan I'm here. (or pm me)

Amy/Violet love your avatar, I was going to ask what it was too, how come its there, outside a restaurant? is there a link to the artist or industry?
Jilly, so pleased you got the job, I hope it makes you happy, though the extra cash will help on its own! But I also hope the people you work with are nice and you all get along great.
Nancy, I hope you are busy AT WORK and being good.
Crockett, well done on your exams/assignments, any news about your proposed Mothman?
Kaley, not long now before you can have a rest, I looked up dreadfalls on EBay, I thought the were dungaree/combat type trousers!!! Showing my age, sigh.
Ammi, I hope that you are ok, keep it up, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, I KNOW you can do it.
If I forgot anyone please accept my apologies, blame TOM, its almost like having a form of dementia, I ask my husband the same question 4-5 times in as few minutes!!!!
I hope you are all well and happy,
xxxsharon
Old 03-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #40  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Doing pretty well, but nothing really interesting to report. I’m glad it’s Friday tomorrow. I DO love the weekends, but mainly just because I get time to catch up on the little things that pile up during the week.

Had a lovely day with the kids today. I had a new girl arrive and she is a real sweetie. She fits in perfectly with the rest of the class and has already made lots of friends. This truly is a good bunch of kids. I am not sure why I thought at the beginning of the year that I wouldn’t like this grade level. Mind you, I knew that I would love the kids, I just don’t like the basic academic level. Still, we had a ball today. They LOVE having me read to them and I love reading, which suits us all fine. I read a great book then they had to draw a picture and write some speech for that. They were SO on task it was wonderful. We also played a terrific math game in small groups, which turned out to be a fantastic experience for all. I know that I sound a little mushy, but it is just fantastic to have such a productive, fun and ‘fresh’ day with them. I have 21 sweet little 7 year olds in the class. Actually that is also a difference with this time around of having grade 2. All of my kids are already 7, whereas the last time I had grade 2 they were turning 7 during that year, so some of them were just 6 when we started. We changed the age for starting school a few years ago, so they are closer to your grade 2 age now I think. That explains why they seem stronger than previous grade 2 classes I’ve had.

Well… I’ll stop blabbing about my day and my class. Just wanted to share that I had a wonderful day… but am still looking forward to the weekend. Sad huh?

Nancy – The above all came from the lovely compliments you gave me in your post. It made me really sit and think about my job and how much I really do enjoy working with kids. Sometimes I let the paperwork and politics blur my vision of the great things about my job. Thank you for bringing the positives to the front for me. I always treat my classes as ‘my babies’, which is probably one of the reasons I have never felt the urge to have children of my own. I get all my nurturing out of the way with other people’s kids. Still, I will stick to my favourite quote: “A child doesn’t care how much you know until a child knows how much you care.” I truly believe this.
Thanks again!
Oh… and I can certainly relate to spending too much time on here or looking for nutrition information. I kinda swap between that and school stuff, and housework seems to be pushed further and further into the background. I truly do need to make a huge effort to get stuck into some cleaning this weekend. No excuses really, but I’m sure I’ll be able to think of some before then.

Kayley – The time difference between here and there (depending on daylight savings, which we don’t have) is that we are generally 13 to 15 hours ahead of you I think. Currently we are 13 hours ahead of ET time, so it says on one of the sites I looked at.
I’m really sorry that you weren’t feeling up to staying for your course, but I’m proud of you for sticking with it. I hope it was worth it! When is your spring break? I think you’ll have earned it!

MsCrockett – Your paper topic sounds like a great idea, but I don’t envy you having to write it at all. It sounds as though you are a MUCH better student than I ever was. I keep thinking I would love to learn something new, but I really don’t know how I will go studying and sticking to timetables for handing in assignments and the rest of it. Probably sounds bad that a teacher is bad at being a student… I can dish it out, but I can’t take it.
Congratulations on the terrific results of the last two tests!!!

Jill – I really hope that you find the time… and the courage… to have the talk with Jeff. It must be playing on your mind so much. But I also know how difficult this will be for you. And there is absolutely nothing any of us can do to help is there? I wish there was.
Oh…. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled that you got the job offer. More money AND hopefully better colleagues… you can’t go wrong. I assume that you accepted the offer on the spot. I am looking forward to hearing more about the position.

Sharon – Thank you for your lovely comments. I am really proud of myself for deciding to do this. It was really scary to consider ‘maintenance’ when I am not at my original goal, but I am certainly more at ease now, so it can’t hurt. If I want to, I will do another spurt of trying to lose weight in a few months time. I will see how comfortable I get with my body as it is.
I hope you’re recovering well from the operation. And enjoy that icecream! I was so thrilled when my dietitian friend said I could have icecream as one of my snacks. WOW! It is low-fat, but SO delicious, especially after not having any for so long. I always wish I could make it last for ages, but I tend to wolf it down as I love it so much. That could be something I could work on I think… slowly savouring icecream. Yeah right!

Lilion – As I blabbed on earlier, I teach grade 2 this year. My favourite grades of all are grades 4 and 5. They are still ‘kids’ but you can do so much with them. And I am not surprised at all that your son is having ‘girl’ problems. Hormones are hitting earlier and earlier now. In the past couple of years I have found some of my 9 year olds paying WAY too much attention to what the opposite sex is saying or doing. It can actually be quite amusing at times, as it is really cute to see… as long as it doesn’t affect their schooling or go too far. I hope your son settles down soon.
I think it’s a great idea that you kill two birds with one stone with the operations. I hope that the second one is approved and all goes smoothly.
I’m glad that you can see your elliptical time paying off. I have watched you progress through your minutes on it and you are doing SO well. I may have to look at getting one, but they all seem so expensive over here.

Julee – Sorry to hear that your sciatica is giving you such a hard time. I can’t imagine the pain it must cause, but to make you take the day off work it can’t be much fun at all. I’m glad you got such a wonderful sleep. It sounds just what the doctor would have ordered. I hope you are feeling up to eating something again soon as that will probably make you feel even better. Take care of yourself.

Garnetfairy – How on earth do you manage to keep that much water in????? Sorry, that sounds like a personal question, but I would need a PLUG to not spend all my time in the bathroom. I would love to be able to drink that much, as I’m sure it would be good for me.
I’m glad that the bed is working out so well. Lots of good nights’ sleep from here on in hopefully.

Amy – Welcome!!! You will absolutely love it in here. I haven’t been here that long, but I feel like a member of the family. This group is so welcoming and warm and helpful and supportive and encouraging… and simply wonderful! I look forward to reading many more posts from you.

Amber – I am so sorry that you are not having a good time of things at the moment. I wish there were some way I could help you. I know that you don’t want to talk about it now, but you know that we care, so when you feel you are ready, we will help you in any way we can. I hope you had a good night, and hopefully ‘sweet dreams’.

Melanie – I would LOVE to travel as you do with my work. Mind you, I’m not sure I would want to take 21 seven year olds with me, so that could make the traveling a little difficult. Have a great time in NYC and fingers crossed for the safe traveling of your luggage as well.

Well, I’m about to head off to bed to read. I think I have everything ready for work tomorrow. Lunch, drink, snack… that’s about it I think. I didn’t have to bring any work home, so none to take back with me.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Please try to find something to smile about and something about yourself to be extremely proud of. I’m going to take my own advice, and have a wonderful Friday.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 03-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #41  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

STOP!
Don't post here anymore.
Come join us at 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#852!
Closed Thread