Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#584

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Moved this from the last thread since I posted after we closed it!

Hey everyone

Today was my WI, and it was good! Lost another 1.5 lbs. YESYESYES!!!

There is a lot of other stuff going on in my life, some good, some bad. Found out someone I care about is dying, and I feel so lost and unsure of what to do. She has about a week to 10 days left. This has been very sudden. I want to send a card, offer to cook a bunch for them, something. I honestly don't know what to do or how to say it and how to make the offer. Help, anyone? I'm not her best friend or anything, but she definitely touched my life. I just feel strongly about doing something. I know she is going to be worried about her husband. He has been sick for a long time. Maybe cooking a bunch of things for the freezer would be a good idea and not too imposing on the last of their time together? I really don't know what the right thing is in this situation.

Take care, all

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:55 PM   #3  

Default Tough Question

Gee Andria, this is a tough one. It's hard to find the right balance between giving them their privacy, while letting them both know how much you care. Cooking something for the husband is a great idea, he probably will need something to eat, I know that folks under stress don't think of eating until they are ravenous. Plus, bringing a dish by their house gives you the perfect opportunity to inquire about visiting the wife; if she is not able to have visitors mention to the husband how much you are concerned, and he can relay that message to her. God bless you all during this difficult time - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:27 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Hi Guys.
I am HOME.... my home.
We had a GREAT TRIP !!! We left a day earlier than planned. My daughter has a very BUSY life already in Michigan ... plus my husband was getting restless. LOL He is like a caged lion sometimes. LOL

We went to Mich. via... OK, MO, Illinois, Indiana and then Mich. So we decided to go home via Ohio, Kent, Tenn, Arkansas, Okla We love to go to states we have never been to before.
We found a State Park Lodge to stay at in Kentucky. We accidentally found this place.. and it was great. Dh even got to golf some too.
We liked it there so much we stayed almost 24 hours.... so that changed our plans again. Plus... we were ready to go HOME .... soooo we changed plans again. LOL

We could cut several hours off our trip if we headed west instead of south and stayed on the major highways. So instead of going through Tenn and Arkansas we headed for Louisville.
From there we drove across the lower end of Indiana. That state is just BEAUTIFUL this time of year. We drove up the middle going to Mich and across the bottom coming home. It was ALL GORGEOUS !!!! Then back to St. Louis and the same route home from there. It was soooo overcast in St Loius you could not even see the Arch from the highway. Heck.. you couldn't see anything. I am glad I got to see it driving up.

In fact... our weather pretty much was gloomy the whole trip. I don't think they even have a sun in Michigan. LOL

I am GLAD TO BE HOME !!! Vacations are nice but being home is ... well... HOME. .

Just a few replies.... Not even going to try to catch up with everyone.

I see the mystery of the dessert is still looming. LOL But when I saw Lucky would serve it to me again when I come visit her ... I have to tell. LOL
Shhhhh.... listen close ... we don't want Thin to hear I told. LOL It was a wonderful PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE !!! Cheesecake is one of my favorites. It is about the only dessert I will cheat for .

Terri... belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!
And yes... put me in for that Halloween challenge too. You did not give a total loss for the last challenge.

BarbPA, Lucky and Lisa... I LOVED the photos. What a lovely group of young ladies. You all looked like you were enjoying yourself. There is NO WAY I could do all that walking.... plus I am not big on shopping.... but I would love to see that mall someday. Do they still have the rollercoaster ??? I would like to ride that... I think. LOL

I see we had at least one newcomer. WELCOME Jackie/imwitchy !!! Hope you post often and let us get to know you.

Mary.... How cool.... your hubby is from Bay City.
That is a cool place. How long has it been since your hubby lived there? Was he young or old ??? That ice cream place was called something like "Mama Louan Homemade Ice Cream." I don't remember the Mexican Restaurant name. It was a itsy bitsy place by an antique store that sold lots of imports too.

Lisa... I was a girl scout leader for 5 years. Really enjoyed it.

Debra... I LOVE "Desperate Housewives". LOL I would think it would be hard for newcomers to catch up on it unless they have someone explaining the last several shows.

Lucky...
Quote:
What if the hoeky poeky IS what it's all about.
You crack me up.

Thin... how is your back ???? Did you get check for a bladder or kidney infection. ??
You haven't posted since your trip to Frankenmuth. How was your trip ????
Which hotel did you stay at ?? Did you buy a lot ??

Andria.... that is a tough one. I think your ideas sounded good. Wish I could be of more help.

Okay... now for the confession.
I did very good on my food while on vacation ......
until ....
24 hours ago.

I was grinning all week because I could even "feel" myself getting skinnier.
Then... last night.... there were the dreaded "FREE" cookies at the hotel.

I HATE that word "FREE". It is like I want my moneys worth of free cookies to make up for the price of the room.
I ate 3 ... then went back to the desk for something trivial and got 4 more. (Of course to share with my husband... but he never saw them)
From there I just lost my common sense. I won't give detail descriptions in case it might start someone lusting the same. Let's just say... I only ate my meals... but my meals were not low calorie nor low carb.

I am sure I will have gained back any weight I lost.
BUT ... It is after midnight and I am BACK to program as of NOW.

Those *&#!^* free cookies COST ME PLENTY !!!!!
They cost me the pride I had from the entire week prior.
They cost me the weight I had lost.
They cost me my own self respect I was gaining.
They cost me the respect my husband was gaining of my COMMITMENT to do it right this time.
They cost me my joy and enthusiasm of weighing in the morning .... Now I dread it.

Soooo here is my Tuesday Tip on Saturday..... LOL
Stay away from those FREE foods. They cost you more than you can imagine.

Okay... enough confession of the past. ON WITH THE FUTURE !!!!

Back to program... back to honesty... back to COMMITMENT !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-23-2004 at 01:48 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 03:00 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

What the heck am I doing up so late? I should be sleeping, since I'm not working. Dh and son went camping with the scouts this weekend at Valley Forge, PA. I'm all alone here. Well, except for the dog.

I just finished watching the most moving thing I've seen on TV in a long time. Called "Nine Innings From Ground Zero," it's on HBO. About the role that baseball played in the recovery of NYC after the devastation on Sept 11. I DARE anyone to call the Yankees the "Evil Empire" after watching this! I found myself crying and clapping and cheering all at the same time. 2001 was the year that the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the World Series. As a lifelong Yankees fan, I can honestly say that I admire any team that can beat such a professional organization. Even the Red Sox!!! I'm thrilled for them and will be rooting for them in the Series!

I had high hopes for getting a LOT of stuff done tomorrow, without any distractions from the boys. So, I'd better get to bed, huh?

Happy Saturday!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #6  

Good morning!

I think the sun may shine! It hasn't shone here since last Sunday. DH is off taking a bus load of kids to a band concert. On the selfish side, I hope he doesn't come home until at least 6 pm. No sports on the TV then. But then again, I know how hard those long days are on him. Okay, I'll feel for him later.

I'm off to the horsebarn. The girls need sunshine and fresh air. Plus Grizzlefart pulled in two big hay bales yesterday before more rain so they can eat themselves silly. And roll in the mud. Then I'm off to Sam's club. Maybe even Fashion Bug because I have a 40% off coupon. But I can't spend all my money before MN shopping.

Then its a house cleaning day. And I want to make pumpkin cookies which I saw over on foodfit.com. I love pumpkin stuff. EVEN PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE.

2Cute - Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Now get back on track.

Kat - I watched that too on TV last night. Very awesome show. Sleepytime!

Lucky - I loved that about the hokey pokey.

Let's make today an activity filled, food OP day. All of us.

Old 10-23-2004, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default I've Missed you guys!

Hello Ladies

Sorry I have been gone so long, but my friend at work lost her baby so I have been working hard to keep things up at work. But I believe she will be back Monday.

So I have not been on program, I have been stressed and I have hubby all weekend. This will help me to get some things organized around here I think.

Going to do replys quick before I forget.

Debra, Ohhh, I love Desperate Housewives. I can't believe some of the advertisers are pulling out of it. What all of a sudden they have a conscience? Morals? Come on, there is worse stuff on television. There is worse stuff on video games. I think the show is awesome. The writing is great.

Kat, I get where you are coming from that is how I am feeling right now. And I am having difficulty getting my butt to the gym as well.

Terri, ummmm can you post the recipe for the Greek Meatballs, that sounds so good. I wish they would have voted off Liza she annoys me. It will be funny if her or Rory is one of them that comes back to win it. I myself am rooting for Chris or Twilla. Well and I like too.

CD, I have seen your pictures. You are beautiful, inside and out. I can see your light shining through in those pictures and that is all that matters. Have you told your boyfriend you gained weight? He should love you no matter what. If he doesn't than, well better you find out now, because if he can't deal with this issue, how will he deal with other major issues in life? I say go have a good time, be who you are and you will be beautiful.

Lucky, I wanna be a Sex Spy How do I sign up for that? I am sure that would be a great "under cover" job. God, I kill me.

Oh for smile problems, I didn't memorize them, I just opened the smile window and copied and printed them out. Now I just have to look at my sheet, it is so much easier.

On a good note I went bowling last night for the first time since my surgery. Ugh, I am sore, and I bowled a 111 and a 120. I beat my husband, the guy who took bowling lessons as a kid. I Rock!

The pics of you ladies are wonderful. All of you are beautiful. But you already know that don't ya.

Well I am off, I hear the beast waking up.

Oh and I think that we should all get up and do the Hokey Pokey every morning. Cause if that is what it is all about, that is the best way to start the day. And you can't be in a bad mood when you do the Hokey Pokey. And the really important thing here is the shaking it all about. And I am a firm believer that if you got it, shake it all about.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #8  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Good Morning Ladies

Hiya everyone,

Happy Saturday! I just read all the posts. Welcome home Cute! Glad you had such a nice time on your trip. Welcome back Skit! We missed you. Kat, it was very sweet of you to acknowledge my beloved Red Sox in your post and to say you would root for them to win in the Series. I agree with you, any team that can beat the Yankees, especially the Red Sox, deserve anyone's respect.

So, DH and I are psyched to watch Game 1 tonight. We need to get Jenniah in bed by 7:30 pm, though. I wonder why they picked 7:30 instead of the usual 8 pm start time? Maybe 'cause of all the late nights last week in the play-offs.

At any rate, it was the week from this week. I am glad it's over and am looking forward to Halloween next Sunday and trick-or-treating with my kids. Shayne still isn't sure what he wants to go as. We got Jenniah some purple fairy/butterfly wings and matching antennae.

Food has been pretty good this week overall. Exercise was so-so. I didn't make it to Curves today but will be back on track on Monday.

Gotta run for now, I'll post more later.

TTFN

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #9  
Hang In There

I've been keeping up with reading everything, but not posting much. I had a pretty good week this week. Made good choices, and controlled my portions. Hopefully is will do some good.

It's been so long since I really took time to post I don't remember what I've already said. If I'm repeating myself, I'm sorry. I got a letter from my Primary care doc this week saying that she was no longer going to be on my inusrance. So that means I'll have to find a new doc. I can't decide if that is a good thing, or a bad thing. One the one side, she's been my doc for about 10 years and I'm very comfortable with her, and she knows me and I know what to expect from her. On the other side, maybe a new perspective would be a good thing, maybe a new doc could come up with a treatment plan that would both help me loose some of this weight, plus feel better. Who knows. I'm not going to make any decision now, she will still be on plan until the first of the year, and our company insurance renews in Feb, so we might not even have the same plan. Anything it's something that is on my mind.

I'm supposed to be working, but, as you can see, not very hard... But I'd better get back to it.
Have a great Saturday everyone.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:36 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Default whoa, where IS everybody?

Busy, busy, busy I'm sure. I had a semi busy day. Just doing stuff that I've been meaning to do, but never seem to get the chance. I finally bought my mums today, for instance! Well, I have a few that were planted years ago...they come back bigger and better each year! Home Depot was getting rid of their stock, so I got 6 six inch potted mums for $1.00 each! I also bought two Autumn Joy sedum plants and one Montauk daisy....also priced to move at a dollar apiece! My kind of sale. I stopped at a local farm market for a few veggies and bought a HUGE dark maroon mum for 2.99. Do you think that I bought any pumpkins? I forgot. I don't know how. Maybe it was the CHRISTMAS TREES in the window at Home Depot that addled my brain. I'll stick everything in the ground tomorrow...got home too late to start planting.

Well, the Series is on. I have it on in the other room, but it's too soon to sit down and watch. Besides, it's no fun all alone!

One good thing about the boys being gone? My vegetarian dinner would NEVER fly with my hungry carnivores! I bought a small turnip, boiled and mashed it with a little butter, salt and pepper. I roasted 1/3 a head of cauliflower with a little olive oil and some Emeril's Essence. I was going to cut up some veggies to have with hummus, but I'm FULL! Go figure.
I had eaten some almonds while I was chopping up the veggies, so there's my protein. I'm done!

I think that I'm going to give my Pilates tape a whirl tonight.

HOLY !! Boston just scored in the bottom of the 1st inning! It's 3-0!!!! Ortiz hit a home run with two men on!! Okay, I'm sorry. I'm all caught up in this baseball business! Good thing I followed the Yankees games so closely, now I feel like I know all the Red Sox! Except now I'm cheering for them. Geez! Another runner just scored!

I have to go watch this game. Forget what I said about not watching the game alone! This is TOO exciting!

See you later!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-23-2004 at 08:38 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:46 PM   #11  

Hi ladies,

It was a great day here. The sun shone, a nice breeze through the windows, and not too cool. The girls were glad to be outside. They won't be glad that I remembered to buy them wormer! I enjoyed shopping at Fashion Bug. I did buy more than one thing but that won't stop me from shopping at MOA. It was too good of a sale and I like FB stuff.

I enjoyed putzing around cleaning the house too. I cleaned ceiling fans. Vacuumed. Was P.O.'d to find that somehow DH and mom broke the carpet shampooer that last time it was used. I was all set to get the carpets shampoo'd today. Now I have to buy a new one.

DH got home around 3:30 and immediately turned on college football.

I made the pumpkin cookies that I've been wanting. They need more spice. Like maybe the vanilla I forgot. I'd also replace the raisins with pecans. And figure out how to make them more cakelike. A different recipe might be easier.

Andria - I'm very sorry about your friend. I am horrible in those situations and don't have much advice other than from what I've heard others say. They treasured people most who just did stuff for them more than those who asked what to do. Your idea of the food is a good one. I'll put them in my prayers.

Skit - I posted the Greek meatballs recipe.

2Cute - The grand total was 17.2 pounds. For the group, its a total (give or take a few gained back) of more than 70 pounds since August.

Kat - I'm rooting for Boston too. I should be rooting for the home state team but since we saw more of the Boston games, I too feel like I know them. 7-5 now. It ain't over yet!

Okay, I have to go walk the dog. He hasn't been in a couple of nights and he really wants to go. Oh, and put on the clean sheets.

Have a good night!
Old 10-24-2004, 12:19 AM   #12  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Yeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww!!!!

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey...goodbye!"

Yessirreeeeeeeee it's after midnight and my boys just took game #1! And to top it all off, it was the highest scoring first game in World Series history!

Love my Sox!!

Hope everyone has had a great evening. I'll check in tomorrow after I sleep in.

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, ladies! It's late..... again, but I really owe you guys a post. I've been reading right along, but just haven't had the time to really sit here and write.

Frankenmuth was very nice. Tuesday it was really cold. I wore my fleece jacket and was fine while outside, but every time I went into a shop I died from being so hot. I really hate that kind of weather. You just don't know how to dress. Wednesday it was better. I just wore one of my plaid cotton blazers and I was fine, inside or out.

Honey and I rented the "honeymoon suite" at the hotel. We like the jacuzzi rooms. It was very nice with a refrigerator and a couch.

On Tuesday we left home about 10:30 AM. Got up to the area by lunch time. We really enjoy one of the 'famous' little diners up there called Tony's. It's pretty well known far and wide for it's HUGE portions. Honey didn't really want to stop there because we always eat way too much, but I convinced him that we could split our order and that was a great idea. There was still almost too much splitting it. We ordered their breakfast with eggs, hash browns and bacon. They give you about a dozen scrambled eggs and there had to be a pound of bacon on the plate.

Once we left there, we went to the outlet mall across the street. My favorite Boyd's Bears store is there. I bought 3 pieces and was a happy camper.

Then we took off for Frankenmuth which is about 20 minutes from the outlet mall. Got into town about 2:00. We checked into the hotel, but didn't go up to the room. Instead we went to this little "touristy" shopping plaza called River Place. It is new since the last time we were up there so it was cool to walk through all the little shops. They had one really neat one there with all kinds of serving trays and bowls, coasters and plates. They had all different kinds of neat designs on them. What we found out was they are made out of aluminum recycled cans. They look like tin or whatever. Anyway, they had a big window set up in the back of the store and you could watch them make the stuff. The woman said they get the material in big rolls. It was neat to know that Michigan's re-cycling actually goes to make something cool.

We decided after our BIG lunch that we weren't really hungry, but wanted to go up to our room so we decided to look for a Subway shop and pick up subs for a late dinner in the room. That way we could get undressed, relax and not have to go back out again. That turned out to be a really great idea as once we had relaxed in the jacuzzi for awhile, we sat on the couch and ate and watched NYPD Blue.

Wednesday we got up and had a late lunch at the Bavarian Inn. They are famous for their chicken dinners, however, I wasn't that impressed this time. We stopped in at Bronner's. It is the world's largest Christmas store. It's always fun to walk around there and look at all the cool stuff. They sell everything from ornaments to the big animated and mall decorations. It's really something to see.

My back was still lousy the entire time. I did find some old Tylenol 3's around here so I took them round the clock and pretty much kept the pain at bay for the most part.

Thursday I called the Dr. and got in to see her. It was NOT a kidney infection, unfortuneately. Unfortuneately because that would have been an easy fix, anti-biotics and I'd be good to go. Oh well. She really had no clue what the trouble is. She put me on some new (to me, anyway) anti-inflamatory pills and so far they are working like a charm. I'd still love to know what caused it, but hey, I'll settle for feeling better, I guess.

I guess it's going to take me awhile to do replies since I haven't been here since thread #582 so here goes:

Lucky: "Thin, you had better sit down. I actually feel sad that I can't exercise !!!!" OMG! Where did THAT come from. I'm still unsteady from THAT revelation! * The pictures Barb posted of you guys were GREAT! You looked like you really had a nice time. * Yes watching people wrap gifts was soooo exciting! And no, I didn't get any pointers as I'm a pretty decent gift wrapper myself. Of course, nowadays with all the cute bags, you don't even HAVE to know how to wrap a package.

Andria: Congrats on the 1.5 pounds down! * I'm sorry about your friend. I agree with whoever said to just do what you feel. If you want to take food, take it. They're going to need to eat, whoever is staying with her. Don't ask what, just do. Most of the time people don't know what to ask for when general help is offered. Nor do they want to burden somebody asking for something that they think maybe the offerer isn't willing to do. Just take a card and a dish. It will be the opening that you need to show you care.

Barbg: That little button at the right end of the tool bar that appears when you have the reply window open, I think that's the button for doing the quote thing. The one that looks like the little text bubbles they use in cartoon comic strips. * I like what you said about getting a new Dr. I think it IS good to shake things up sometimes. Gives you a new perspective.

Terri: I caught the Big Loser re-run tonight because there was nothing else on. I really felt bad after watching it. That Blue Team worked really hard too. I mean come on, that one guy is over 400 pounds and he kept up on the workouts just like everyone else did. I think they're all BIG WINNERS and that's just after the first week. Can you imagine losing 22 pounds in one week? Is this healthy???? Come on, sarg tell me it isn't so!!! * Are the pumpkin cookies the same ones from the recipe thread? My girlfriend just made some today too. I'm going hunting for healthy treats.

Skittles: I'm not the one that went to the Olive Garden, sorry. Haven't been there in years. * As for getting confused with going back to do replies from an old thread, try opening a second window and then just use the two buttons that will appear at the bottom to toggle back and forth on them. One should have your reply window in it, and set the other one up to have the thread you're referring to in it. BTW, the easy way to get a second window open is to hold the CTRL key down and press N. Works like a charm!

Katrina: If that "dark forest" of PMS is going to hit you before Halloween, make sure there hasn't been any chocolate brought into the house. YIKES. You can do it, you can make it, we'll all help you! * You definitely got the mum bargain! Geez. I hope you get them all in the ground. I bought three a couple of weeks ago and then won one at that card party I took my mom to and I think they're all dead now. Never did get them planted.

2cute: Glad you got home safely. That ice cream place sounds like the old Brown's Brothers Creamerys we used to have around here. People would drive for miles to get their ice cream and even a single dip was HUGE. Sounds like you did some great sight-seeing on the way home. I'm glad you had a nice trip. * I can't believe you told our little secret. You didn't read Lucky's post right. She said: "Still waiting on WHAT the desert was you served 2Cute. I need to know so I don’t make it for 2Cute in case she stops by!!!" Now you did it! You'll never get pumpkin cheesecake again!!!

CD: Oh, honey, go spend the holiday with your boyfriend's family. Have fun, enjoy yourself. They want to know YOU, not your body. Go, have a good time.

Chris: Did you make it to Curves Friday and Saturday??? Good girl! * I hope your little one doesn't decide to be something really complicated for Halloween so you don't have to run all over creation to find a costume.

Michelle: Glad your move went smoothly for you. How did the job interview go? Hope all is shaping up real well for you.

Tammy: The "Lifestyles Center" sounds like an awsome idea. It's especially wonderful if someone else is willing to pay for it. Let us know how it goes.

BarbPA: My but you are the traveller. Glad you all had a chance to meet up. The pictures are GREAT!

Lisa: I'm glad you, Barb and Lucky had such a nice time together. Can't wait to meet you guys here in the Spring.

Mary: Glad to see you peeking in. Has your plan come any closer to being followed? How are you doing?

Debra: I LOVE Desperate Housewives!!!! Actually, Honey and #1 Son do too. It is hilarious! I loved when Terri Hatcher burned her friend's (ok, rival's) house down and then the plumber walked up behind her and asked "what's going on?" Too funny!

therubyslippers: Thanks for stopping by with your thoughts. We always love it when folks stop by. Some of them even decide to stay. Hint, hint.

Well, my dears, I have been at this for almost an hour and a half. But I feel so much better because I think I'm caught up.

You guys that are having troubles with the smilies: Are you using the regular reply window or the Quick Reply window? Suzanne said that some people have trouble when they use the Quick Reply function. Just curious.

Anyway, I'm turning into a pumpkin. That's Cinderella speak for "it's getting late, time for bed." See you all later.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:28 AM   #14  

I am going to post this I found in another site. It says it all !!!!
As you know.... I am a firm believer in ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING !!!
This guy says it in more detail.
----------------------------------------
Chuck Swindoll said:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.
It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skills. It will make or break a company...a church....a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ....
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you....we are in charge of our attitudes.

So it is with our eating and exercising. It is our attitude....To make changes for the better in our lives, we need to look at it as look what I can do for me, instead of looking at it in a negative
Old 10-24-2004, 01:32 AM   #15  

EEKKK !!!!! I just read Thin's reply to me !!! I have got to go find Lucky's post.
I am hyperventilating here !!! LOL