Old 10-19-2004, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#583

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  

Roll Call for a Challenge to Halloween!

Terri
Thin
CD
Lisa
Skittles
Lucky
Andria
Barbg

Just in case anyone forgets!

Well the evening did not go as planned. I had planned on another night with 50 minutes of exercise. But we went out to care for the girls at the barn and that took far too long. We needed to drag a hay bale in to them. You would think DH would drive the truck. No, we drove the old van. Then, DH didn't have anything to drag the bale with. I had to wait for him to drive to town, buy what should have been tow chains but no, spent $44 on a rope and latches. So what do you think happened? We pulled the bale so far and then latch#1 broke. He tried it again and then latch #2 broke. He couldn't get traction with the van. So I had to wait again while he drove home to get the truck. Took him 45 minutes to drive 4 miles home and back. I was starting to freak out because I was out there in the dark by myself. We still didn't get the bale in. He's buying tow chains tomorrow. If he'd just done as I had asked him to do two weeks ago.

Anyone watch The Biggest Loser? i saw the last half hour. I'm not sure I will be able to watch it. Too darn many commercials and its rather hookey.

Well, I just yelled at DH because he was bugging the crap out of me about why I didn't want to go to bed and hold him. How about its 8:45 and I'm not ready to go to bed yet? How about if you shut up and quit bugging me, I'll be finished here a lot faster? No, he keeps bugging until I yelled at him to stop it and then he went to bed like I'm a big . GEEZ.

Cripes, now I have to go soothe his hurt feelings.

Lucky - What a wuss. Pain, smain. What were you doing eating at the Olive Garden? We're eating S.a.l.a.d.

Lisa - I think you asked about leeks. They are like a giant green onion. Kind of a mild flavor.

Well, now I can't remember anything else from the last thread.

Have a good day tomorrow!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #3  

Hey where is everyone?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default New Thread, Empty Head

See that is what I hate about new threads, I get confused and lose everything that was in my head from the old thread. But I will give it ago, if I mess up, oh well. It's early.

First off, it seems that Lucky and Thin went to the Olive Garden, hhhmmm, isn't that the place with the awesome Black Tie Dessert I went to the Olive Garden last week for lunch with a co-worker, and avoided that dessert by getting the Tiramisu to go. My husband loves that, so I got that had two bites of it at home with him and let him have the rest, since it is his favorite. Thinking of him made me control myself.

Lisa, Where is my snow? I have rain, and mist, but no snow.

Terri, what can I say other than, Men! You love them like crazy, and they drive you crazy. What is a girl to do. Oh I know, Beat 'em.

CD, glad to hear you are back on track. Like others here it is time for me to own up to what I am doing and get with the program. Nothing is going to change if I keep going the way I am. I have to get my act together and realize what I am doing to change it.

Well off to work, can't type with Muffin all over me this morning.

skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:01 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Thumbs up sign me up

Terri
Thin
CD
Lisa
Skittles
Lucky
Andria
Barbg
Kat

Hey all...Here I am. Back in the saddle. Again. Kind of embarrassing saying those words over and over and over again. "This time is IT!" "Starting over!" "Gonna do it this time!" "I really mean it this time!"

*sigh*

But I really DO mean it! Actually, I mean it every single time I start again. I'm going along, doing what needs to be done. Feeling good. Enjoying the process. Loving the exercise. And then...something happens. Not sure what. A busy day, that I have not planned for, can totally derail me. Something that pisses me off will do that too. Again, not planned for. A sudden change in schedule can throw things off. I think what I'm getting at, is that I need to do some menu planning, that will include some built-in (legal) treats to satisfy the urge to indulge when necessary.

I need to plan ahead. Be prepared. Talk the talk, then walk the walk.

And all that stuff.

So I will. I'm throwing myself full force into this next challenge.

I'd better go remind dh that, under no circumstances, should ANY candy come into this house before October 31! That way, all the good stuff will be gone and we'll have to buy the gross leftovers that I won't be tempted to eat.

I'm pretty sure that around Halloween-time I'll be venturing into that dark forest known as PMS! I really need to plan ahead for that journey!

So football is officially over. The boys didn't make the playoffs, but they had a good season, 6 wins, 2 losses. This will free up SO much time for me, yay! You girls may get sick of seeing me around here again! LOOK OUT!

I hear the little darling slamming drawers open and closed, looking for something to wear. And I thought girls were tough.

So, I guess that means I have to run. I'll try to get back later. Have a great day, all~
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:52 AM   #6  
Hang In There

I"m copying Kat's post cause it's exactaly what I'm saying! (I don't know how to do the quote thing, can someone tell me how it works?

Hey all...Here I am. Back in the saddle. Again. Kind of embarrassing saying those words over and over and over again. "This time is IT!" "Starting over!" "Gonna do it this time!" "I really mean it this time!"

*sigh*

But I really DO mean it! Actually, I mean it every single time I start again. I'm going along, doing what needs to be done. Feeling good. Enjoying the process. Loving the exercise. And then...something happens. Not sure what. A busy day, that I have not planned for, can totally derail me. Something that pisses me off will do that too. Again, not planned for. A sudden change in schedule can throw things off. I think what I'm getting at, is that I need to do some menu planning, that will include some built-in (legal) treats to satisfy the urge to indulge when necessary.

I need to plan ahead. Be prepared. Talk the talk, then walk the walk.

And all that stuff.

Changing the subject I got a letter yesterday from my PCP saying that she is dropping off my inusrance plan as of the first of the year. I guess that means I'll have to find a new doctor. I HATE THAT!!! I've used her for several years, and starting over with a new one isn't something I'd chose to do, but I can't afford to see her out of network!

Oh well gripe, gripe, gripe. do you ever get as tired of my griping as I do?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys ... I am back at my daughters today.
We had a wonderful time sightseeing. We also went to Frankenmuth (sp) that Thin is at now. Cool place. I am not much into shopping so didn't hit many stores. Of course we hit the one with Chocolate Cheese and the Winery.
I was disappointed in their "Famous Chicken Dinner". And even MORE disappointed in their Five meat dinner. I was a good girl and did not order their meal full of high carb sides. I order one that came with 5 different German meats and sauerkraut. The serving size of those meats were more like samples than a serving added together.
But overall ... I enjoyed my stay there.

Then we went to Bay City, MI. It was cool. It is full of old mansions from their $$$ days. They also had more types of arcitecture than anywhere else in a small area. Every family tried to outdo their neighbors. LOL We were there Monday... and they had a tour of homes on Sunday. I wish we had known in advance. We could have gone inside a bunch of them. Oh well.
We also had an good Mexican dinner there. ( Have you noticed how I rate my trips by the food. LOL) And when we left there we stopped at this little homemade ice cream spot. We asked for 2 small cones. (DH and I were going to share.) Well they came out with these TRIPLE SCOOPS on homemade waffle cones.
MMmmmmm I have never had such good ice cream. I would definitely come back to Michigan for it again. She said they only sell triple ... they want their customers to get plenty. And it only cost $2.

Well ... I was sneaking in here while everyone was asleep or gone. Now they are all in here so I have to go. Don't know our plans so I don't know when I will be back. So far none of the hotels have computers... only computer access if you have your own computer. Grrr
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:34 AM   #8  
Determined

I too watched Big Losers. Its a bit inspirational because they were working so hard and lost so much - but really I look at that show and wonder how much of it is really a good idea. If you didn't watch it - they worked them to the bone! They weighed anywhere from 175 to 400+... and some of them lost up to 20 pounds in one week! I didn't think the extremity of the work outs were such a good idea, but its still a bit inspiring. They also had two different "plans" one where they eat less, another where they eat "more" (smaller meals, more times a day).

Right now I'm watching the Discovery Channels weightloss shows. They seem a bit more realistic and healthy. But not as descriptive on what they're doing to lose the weight.

I love halloween, but it sucks so much not really having a choice of awesome costumes because of weight and lack of money

Well, I'm gonna work out soon, so I can *hopefully* do it twice today. I don't know how tired I'll be after my night class.

Hope everyone has a good day!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #9  

Thumbs up

Lisa, I can see Terri will be FUN to have breakfast with!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:37 PM   #10  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Hiya Ladies,

Had a crap week and today was the king crap day of them all. Oh well. However...

GO RED SOX!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sorry, I don't usually get into that rah rah team stuff, but my beloved team has now made baseball history as of last night. Whooo ooohhh! Hubby and I are all set to watch the game tonight. Hope everyone has a great and relaxing evening.

TTFN

Oh yeah, put me on the challenge list....
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Default Helllloooo!

Just popping in again (as usual)!'

We made it through all the closings and are now the proud owners of a nifty house in Wake Forest North Carolina! I love it! Its going to cost a fortune to fence in the backyard for my little guy but it will be well worth it! WE still have sooo much junk to put away and we threw out loads and loads of stuff and gave away loads and loads of stuff before we left! Thats scary!

Anyways, I got my Andrew registered for school and he starts on tuesday and he can't wait. He was dying to go play with some kids so I took him to burger king today because they have the indoor playground. We were there for 2 hours and he still cried when we left! By the time we left there was only one other kid there and they were getting to ready to leave too! Poor little guy! They have the year round schools here where they have 9 weeks of school and 3 weeks off. His track starts next week so he will go for the whole 9 weeks to start.

I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I sent a resume before I left Pennsylvania and they called me today. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Well I have some school work to catch up on so I'll try and catch up to you all this weekend.

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #12  

Smile

What a small world - one of my dearest friends moved to Wake Forest too - never heard of the place before this year!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:39 AM   #13  

Default I am still here

I want to join in the challenge too.
I have not been very good with food tonight and yesterday. I am going to "start over" tomorrow. I did not go all out, but I did do more carbs than I really should. The french fries called my name. I have been doing really good though and I am going to get back to doing really good. I have been really busy lately. I have got to get my life and house organized.

I went to a DAR luncheon today and really had a nice time. The speaker was from a local hospital fitness center and spoke on Women's Cardiac Health. She was very interesting and told about "LifeStyles" center. My mom was there also and said if I would go regularly she would pay for a year of membership. They have an indoor pool and professionals that specialize in cardiac and such. They also have an indoor and outdoor walking track and different classes. All classes are included in the monthly cost. The only things not included is one on one counseling with the dietition and the massage therapy. I got home and found I had been given a coupon that instead of $50 a month it is $35 a month for the first year. I am excited. I have another place I am looking at that does not have as much, but my son will be taking karate at the other place and I will have to be there for 2-3 times a week. Anyway I am definately looking at joining a gym. I really like water walking and running and deep water aerobics and such.

I have to keep losing weight. The thing I need most of all is exercise. That is the hardest part for me. I do not know why but I have always hated exercise of any form. I did not like it when I had to do it in school and I have not gained any desire in the meantime. The thing is that I KNOW I need to do this. No matter what I have to exercise. I am extremely sedentary and need to move around more.

THANKS for all your encouragement.

I have been wanting to start walking with my neighbor, but we have more mosquitos here than I have ever seen. They are biting through jeans and swarming constantly. We have never had it so bad, but we also have had more than double our usual rainfall. YUCK.

See you guys later
Tammy
momfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies!

I'm happy to report three days of sticking to my plan and journalling food. Last night's dinner was grilled salmon, small baked potato and salad. DH had grilled BBQ shrimp. Very yummy and low points. Tonight is Greek Meatballs, a recipe I got out of Prevention, and a spinach salad.

And I did get in a 30 minute walk.

I will be so happy when the baseball playoffs are over. These have to be the slowest, longest games in history. It should be one game, seven innings and that's it!

Not much else going on.

I am soooo ready for our road trip next week. We really need a change of scenery.

Michelle - Wow, you move fast. How exciting to be in your new state, new city and new home. Good luck with the job!

Tammy - Good for you for looking into the gym. As much as we hate the exercise, yes we do need it. And generally we feel better for it but it can be hard to be motivated. Keep up your good work!

Terri
Thin
CD
Lisa

Skittles
Lucky
Andria
Barbg

Kat
Chris
Tammy

I'm off to work. Have a great day!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:33 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
I'm here - barely! I made it home late on Tuesday from my MN adventure. Getting home was a treat - my first flight was cancelled, my second was delayed. Then I got stuck in a middle seat with two men. Not very comfortable!

Now I am trying to catch up on work and sleep. I just don't feel like I have time for anything right now. I am leaving again next Wednesday for Williamsburg. I'll be gone 3 nights - visiting a dear old friend from college. I am also hosting a Tupperware party on Sunday. What was I thinking?!

Tonight I will try to get my pictures downloaded from my visit with Lisa and Lucky on Saturday. And, I will post them --- IF they give me their permission.

For now I have to dig into work. I'll pop back later!
Hugs to all!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote