Old 07-08-2004, 11:01 PM   #16  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

BarbPA, I am so excited for you! 5 eggs is such good news! And you are right to not be worrying about weight right now. Besides, you wouldn't believe how easy it is to eat properly when your food intake directly affects someone else.

BarbG, the program you are in right now sounds so wonderful! Let us know how the changes to it worked throughout the evening.

2cute, you just make me laugh And I'll keep all the tail wagging jokes to myself...

angieME, Nice to meet you! You do sound like an absolute dog lover. Gonna hang around and let us get to know you?

I think that's about everyone on this thread. I'm supposed to be making dinner, so have to keep the rest of this short (like that ever works for me. )

I had another WI at Decisions today. I'm down again! Too bad the scale at Curves doesn't read the same as theirs. But still, Curves shows me at... drumroll, please... Ok, almost there... 308.5! Half of a pound left to go and I'll have lost 30 lbs! Wow, this has been a long time coming, but it feels so good getting there.

Dinner isn't going to cook itself, darn it all. Have a good evening!

Andria

P.S. Sneaking back in for a second or two. I forgot to tell you that the pot for this Curves challenge has gone up dramatically. It is $720 now! And yes, I have been getting in plenty of workouts there. I've also been adding in extras on my own. The girls and I went on a nice mile long walk last night, and I've been doing the hula hoop as well. Yes, I still totally stink at it, but it is fun trying!

Going to run again. Got to make sure I don't burn the chicken.

Last edited by qsilver; 07-08-2004 at 11:15 PM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Careful, another rant coming!

Hi all! Just a quickie before I leave again for the day. This new job is becoming MORE of a pain in the butt than an ease on it. I swear! I'm ready to kick my trainer in the arse! The scheduling has been a nightmare. He was a bit disingenuous, or they changed the rules on him at the last minute. Anyway, it took me forever to schedule and then I still had to call him and see if he could do one of his "administrator" magic tricks. Then last night I tried and tried to load all the stores in my laptop and couldn't do it. So at midnight, after 6 or 7 tries, I emailed him and he wrote back this morning, "oops, you're shopper 5202, 5222 was just your training number." Can you say VERY FRUSTRATED? He just cost me hours of time playing around with the dang thing and it was all his fault cuz he didn't tell me he changed my number!

Ok, rant over.

Other than those smallglitches in my life, everything else has been going well. Except of course for the reason we're here: diet and exercise.

The "baby" made it back from Buffalo safely, and everyone else is just working, working, working.

I have 800 pair of sunglasses on my dining room table that Honey is ready to shoot me over, so I guess I should try to find something to do with them before I go to work so he won't feel like I did nothing again today. I'm wanting to photograph them and get them listed on eBay.

Laundry is piling up again. Why is it that everyone has to have clean clothes every day???

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow. Honey's cousin is getting married for the second time. Her first husband committed suicide some years ago. Now she is marrying HIS brother. Hope it all works out for her.

BarbPA: I was thinking about you all day yesterday, I'm so glad that they found more eggs than anticipated. Hopefully DH's little swimmers will do their thing and this will be IT.

Ok, ya'll, I have to run. So just a quick "HI" to the rest of you. No rest for the wicked! Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Thanks again for all your love and support. Unfortunately we just got some bad news.....NONE of the eggs fertilized. For some reason this is just not meant to be.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #19  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

I'm so sorry to hear that Barbara. I was hoping this would be the day for baby making. I will continue to pray and hope you dream comes true. Don't give up! If at first you don't succeed try try again!

Scooter
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

Unhappy

Oh, Barb....{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry.

You know we're always here for you.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Barb: You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

THIN What the are you doing with 800 paiars of Sunglasses, and WHERE did they come from?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Barb - I am so very sorry that the baby making didn't happen this time. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep strong and know that we all love and care about you so much.

Thin - Ditto what Barb.g said. How does one collect 800 pair and where does one store them? LOL That should keep you busy for a long time just to get them on eBay.

We've been out to the boat tonight. Its the first time in two weeks. I left work at 3:00 so I could take the touring bike up to the bike shop and pick up a new seat for the hybrid bike. Then off to med the horse and off to the boat. It was very peaceful and relaxing. We plan on getting more time in on the boat this weekend. If it doesn't rain!

We got our new bedroom furniture yesterday. Its an armoire and a long dresser with mirror. Good grief, it looks monstrous in our bedroom compared to the store and compared to what we used to have. I had wanted an armoire to house the TV and serve as DH's dresser. I was tired of the TV being on top of the dresser and the other equipment stacked on top of the TV - which was a teetering disaster waiting to happen. So I got everything all placed and hooked up in the armoire - when I stood across the room, I thought the armoire was overkill for our 20 inch TV. The dresser can't be placed, or filled, because the guy brought the wrong bracket for attaching the mirror. So I guess we're at the mercy of when the delivery is in our area again. I'll probably be calling to bit** by Tuesday. It is a beautiful oak with kind of galvanised iron/wrought iron type of hardware and design in the mirror. Goes nicely with the woodwork of the house and with the metal bed we bought earlier this year. Now, to get used to the size.

Its time to go walk the dog and then to bed. I plan on getting up early to bike ride.

Have a good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:12 AM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I'm supposed to be doing paperwork but instead, I'm here with you.

BarbPA: I'm soooo sorry, honey! [[[hugs]]]. Keep your chin up. Maybe the next time will be the one. How many times can you physically go through IVF? I have no clues. You're in my thoughts. I know this must be a HUGE disappointment.

Barbg and Terri: I "acquired" the glasses on one of my "jobs". I had to go into these stores and remove their old sunglass rack and replace it with a new one. I had to inventory the glasses and then "remove" them. I couldn't see throwing them away so I decided to bring them home and put them on eBay. The stores got credit for them, so no harm, no foul. They are currently all over my dining room table because we've been working on sorting them. The UPC codes do not necessarily match with glasses that are alike so we've had to "eyeball" them. BIG job!!!

Glad to see the rest of you. Just don't have time tonight to get into further replies. Honey would really like it if one of these nights I actually go to bed "with" him. (get your minds out of the gutter! .....I meant to SLEEP!)

Gotta run. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:50 AM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow I am so sorry ...

Barb... I am soooo sorry to hear the bad news. My heart just broke as I read your post. But don't give up hope. It can still happen. Hang on to that hope. {{{ HUGS }}}

Thin... I remember you telling us about those sunglasses.
You better get them on ebay soon... summer is the MAJOR sunglass season.
I hope your new job smoothes out soon. That really sucked about him failing to give you your new number.

Terri... sounds like you guys are really busy. Do you do any crappie fishing wil out on your boat. ?? I love eating crappie !!! (for those of you none fishing people... it is pronounced CROPPIE)

Andria... $720 That might even make ME stay on program.
I hope you are the BIG WINNER !!!! or loser.
As for the tail wagging.... I offered to show my DH how to wiggle "his" tail.
He passed and told me to stay away.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 AM   #25  

Smile

Barb....{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} from me, too.

We're always here for you, as Kat said.

(remember, I am still available for adoption)

LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #26  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I have absolutely nothing planned for today...wellllll....other than cleaning my son's room before he comes home from camp. I MISS HIM! I'll get a grunted "hi, Mom" when he gets here...but I know he missed me too! When I least suspect it, he'll be hugging me, telling me he loves me! sob...my little boy!

Last night I got a call from DH's folks. (in California, 3000 miles away) my MIL told me that FIL had a fever and was shaking, what should she do? She wanted to take him to the ER. I asked if she had given him Tylenol. She seemed confused as to why I would ask that. FOR THE FEVER! I replied. The fever, it turns out, was 100.5. Woo. Raging. Did he check his blood sugar? No, why? Maybe that's why he's shaking. Does he have any other symptoms? No, but he's shaking, and he won't go to the doctor! Maybe he's shaking because he's cold because of the temp, give him a blanket. Basic fever treatment advice I'm dispensing here...Finally, I said to her, "If he doesn't want to go to the doctor, what are you going to do? He's a big boy, he knows what he needs." She hung up. He needs her to chill out is what he needs.

This morning he calls, (FIL) sounding bright and chipper. I asked if he was feeling okay, he said yes. At this point, she interjects and semi-hysterically tells me that he was shaking and she still wants to take him to the doctor, whom she KNOWS is on duty today. *sigh* She was getting nowhere with me (not quite sure what I could do for her anyway) and imperiously asks, "Is your husband home?" My husband? Sure, he's sound asleep right next to me, after a long night of work...here you go! Poor DH. He mumbled a few things along the lines of "What the heck do you want me to do from where I am???" and put me back on the phone. Thanks hon. I told her to just leave him be, he knows what he needs. She hung up on me.

Good grief.

And how is YOUR morning?

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-10-2004 at 11:26 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 12:55 PM   #27  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

BarbPA, I read your post and my eyes welled up with tears. You got so much closer than the last time. Can you still try again? We're here for you, let us know what kind of support you need. *HUGS*

Ok... kind of feel bad being this happy and excited at the same time someone else in the group is seriously down, but...

I DID IT!!! I am down 30 lbs!!!

I got into Curves this morning for my first real morning WI in weeks, and I was down the thirty as well as another 1.5! I am 6.5 lbs. from hitting 300 now! I am so happy right now, and this feels so good!!!

Ok, there is massive housecleaning to do, and I'm so high, this is a fantastic time to get it done. Catch you all later!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Andria

Kat - Your MIL sounds like a handful! Yes, you need your boy home to go to the beach and read with!

I got up early this morning and worked on the hybrid. Took me 45 minutes and many cuss words but I got the new gel seat put on and changed the front tire. Almost wore me out before riding. I did manage to ride 7 miles in 40 minutes. I had wanted to ride more but I was so frazzled from the seat and tire.

Then DH and I had to go out to give Ginger pain meds and I wanted to ride Tanyah. The barn girls showed up at the same time so I took a trail ride with them. Not a long one. But one of the gals' sister was visiting and she wanted to run the horses. Good lord, I haven't done that since I was young and much smaller. But I let Tanyah go along with the other. I could tell she wanted to flat out run. This time it was...please, Lord, don't let me fall off and let me be able to control her. It was actually fun once I relaxed a little bit.

We've had lunch and I'm letting DH take a nap before I drag his butt over to the boat. I plan on throwing myself off and into the water.

Oh and can I just say....holy crappola, it turned into July today. Its humid and very warm. But I will not complain too much because its not over 100.

Okay, time for my nap.

Have a good afternoon.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

A voice from the past peeks round the door and says:

"Ladies, I've missed you. I've missed your smiles, your support and your friendship."

I've been off program for so long I'm afraid to look at a scale much less go to a WW meeting. I'm trying to convince myself that I need to get back OP and work towards being a healthier me. My goal for this week is to get my head more together, start to cut back on portion size and think good thoughts. Hopefully this will help me get back on track. I know I've been my most successful when I've had you all to encourage (and chide) me along.

Can I stay?

Barb, {{{{HUGS}}} Keep trying.

Hi Terri, Kat, Andria, 2Cute, Thin and everyone else. Hope you're all well. I'll have to play catch-up on everyone's news.

Back later,
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 04:04 PM   #30  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Unhappy

Hooray for Andria!!!!

Hope everybody is having a good Saturday!! I had a pretty bad day at work yesterday. The other secretary in the office has become a really good friend of mine. We gone to play Bingo twice which was a lot of fun. The accountant call me the other day and told me three checks were missing. So I did some investigating and found out my friend had taken them. I was so heartbroken. I have never in my life found anything harder to do than to tell my boss that my friend and their daughter in law had taken the checks. I thought I was going to puke.

My biggest concern now is I do not want to lose this friendship. I really like her she is as ornery as I am. And she doesn't have the greatest DH in the world let me tell you. He's a #@$%! I wish she would leave him but she doesn't want to leave the kids. He treats her like a child. She has to ask permission for everything. I am suprised she doesn't have to ask if she can pee.

I hated what I had to do but that was my job and I need my job. I just hope that she isn't afraid to talk to me anymore you know. I don't know if there was anybody who needed somebody to care its her. I don't really know what to do but pray and hope I don't lose her as a friend.

So needless to say I have been stressed to the max the last couple of days but I haven't gone too badly over the deep end lately foodwise that is. But it has been tempting. Oh I forgot about the Peanut Butter Milkshake yesterday but other than that I have been controlling my portions. Hopefully my dad will go pick up my treadmill today so I can vent my frustrations through it. Well I guess I have whined enough. I am so glad you gals are here because I really needed to get this off my chest. I will talk at yall later!

Scooter
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote