Old 07-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again... # 544

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies!

The last day of a three-day weekend and its going to rain all day. We had one good day of the holiday. I can't believe that we didn't make it to the boat once. But that's the way its been this year with the rain and wind.

Yesterday, we spent quite a bit of time at the horses. We're having a terrible time getting Ginger back in good health and staying there. She's had an eye infection that we've been medicating for a month now. One day it looks good and then the next like no improvement. She was lame for a couple of weeks when she was first brought home because she had stomped in the trailer all the way up here. We got out there yesterday and she was in a stall (she's normally on a dry lot). She could barely walk. We about flipped out. Old grizzlefart was there and he pretended innocence; shock even. He checked her over and couldn't find anything. Then Hollie, the barn manager, came out and I mentioned it to her and she fessed up that they had bred another horse in the barn last night and that Ginger was all worked up because she too is season and she wanted what the other mare got. Apparently, she must have stomped and pawed in the stall and hurt herself. That was purely stupid on their part. So now we're back to not being able to ride Ginger. I did get to take Tanyah on a nice trail ride yesterday. I even had her cantor and I didn't fly off. That's always good. She did really well on the trial. I also got Star out and started working with her. I have to get some video or something to teach me what I need to be teaching her as a yearling. I chased her around the arena with a lunge whip (no I didn't hit her) trying to teach her to run in circles. She's too gentle as she was more interested in rubbing on me. But it was fun and it was exercise.

Today, we're headed for the beach. South Beach. Has anyone bought the new cookbook? I was thinking about it but I'm not sure I really need another cookbook. Well, I DO know that I really DON'T need another cookbook.

It sounds like everyone had a good 4th.

Kat - Do you have a gel seat on your bike? You can buy a thick gel cover at Wal-mart or a bike shop. Makes it a tad more comfie. Good job on the 2 hour ride!

2Cute - Hope you get to relax a bit today. But knowing you, you'll still be a whirlwind today! Enjoy your day!

Kat & Barb - I'd love to come back to NYC! Especially without a fractured foot! I'm so envious of you getting to go into the city to see the plays.

Barb - Hang in there - cranky and all. Do you wonder what God was thinking when he gave us hormones?? We'll keep saying prayers for you.

I better get across the street to let the neighbor's dog out to pee. Hello to everyone else!!

Let's make today a healthy, activity filled day!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all. I got up with a headache. I am off today so is DH.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Just popping in to say "Hi." It was raining earlier and I was hoping it would stay that way...so much to do inside, but I'd rather be out there when the sun is shining!

2cute...I told my daughter that we need to use that song at her wedding...whenever that may be...

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember getting older,
When did they?

I'm getting misty just thinking about it...

My coffee's done...I'll be back.

Oh! I just wanted to share...I lost 5 lbs last week!! Okay some of that is TOM weight, but I'll take at least a solid 3 lb loss!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Yes Kat... That is the song.
When we were picking music for the wedding I told Staci about that song and I cried when we listening to it before the wedding. I am a sucker for crying .. so I would play it often. LOL By the time the wedding was here.... and with the million things on your mind during the precermony .... I really didn't even hear it at the wedding when it played. LOL That was good and bad. Good because I did not cry to it then... bad because I missed hearing it played at the wedding even though I walked down the isle to it. The day of the wedding is like ... well .. like you are not even there.
Did any of that make sense??

Now on to today. I had such a BUSY weekend... today I am going make it a totally ME DAY. LOL I am going to the movies and veg out.
I got 85% of the messes cleaned up last night... but my kitchen is still 15% a mess.
I am not even going to clean it today either ... unless it drives me too nuts. LOL
If I am at the movies.. hopefully I can forget it.
Hmmm...Nope... just writing that drove me crazy... so I am off to clean up that last 15% before the movies. Sorry... I just can't relax with that kitchen such a mess still. LOL The rest of my house is pretty clean... I like it clean. I have got to go. I will be back tonight.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #6  

Good noonish ladies!

I've gotten a good start on a healthy week. After I last posted, I did 20 minutes of general conditioning work. I haven't done that in a long time. I made a menu plan for the week, grocery list and even got to the grocery store. DH has been primed to be on SB this week so the trip to the store was productive. We've cleaned the fridge of everything but the stuf we just got. After lunch, we're going to clean the garage which shouldn't take that long. And I'm going to get my bike tires all fixed again.

Wouldn't you know, after this morning's storms and predictions of 90% chance of rain all day...the sun is shining. We've already been out to put meds in Ginger's eye and give her pain meds. I think its too gusty for the boat. We may see how it is this afternoon. I have a nail appt this afternoon and I've been debating on postponing it.

Now I need to do some billwork that I have been procrastinating all weekend. Oops, laundry sounds better.

Later!
Old 07-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #7  

Kat!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #8  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Talking

Good afternoon Everyone. I hope everybody is doing well. I had a pretty good weekend I read the entire weekend. I am hooked a series of Books by Stephen King. I am healed I can eat without getting sick. I think I shall do a little dance... HOORAY. Gotta get back at it. (My grandparents are giving me there old treadmill. It is in great shape. I am going to get in the grove... )
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #9  
Hang In There

This just came in my mailbox and I thought I would share it with everyone. Unfortunately it sound almost familiar.

Answered Prayer -
After starting a new diet I altered my drive to work to avoid passing
my favorite bakery.

I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and there in the
window were a host of goodies.

I felt this was no accident, so I prayed, "Lord, it's up to you. If you
want me to have any of those delicious goodies, create a parking place
for me directly in front of the bakery."

And sure enough, God answered my prayer.

On the eighth time around the block, there it was!

SELF-DISCIPLINE IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY

I'm doing my share to making this a healthy day. I got up at my regular time and went to the club to walk, then because of this being a semi-holiday they did not have my water class, so I went to the deep water class. After that was over, I decided since I didn't have to rush to work, so I stayed for another hour water class.

Then I went to work for a while, and now I'm ready for a nap! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day!!

GREAT JOB KAT!!!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:02 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Hey! Good for you, Barb!! Love those water classes!

Scooter...nice grandparents! Park that treadmill right in front of the TV and go to town! Just don't use it as a 'valet' to hang your clothes on as I did with my stair stepper! BTW...which Stephen King books are you reading? I LOVE him!

Terri...I DO have a gel seat on my bike, but my daughter's bike doesn't, so I let her use mine since she hadn't ridden in a while. OUCH...she can get her own next time! Sorry about your horsey trials and tribulations, but it still sounds like lots of good exercise!

2cute...I'm a sucker for crying too...just about anything can set me off! Just wait til we get together...tears of joy!

Gotta run, I've done NOTHING much all day. I have, however, managed to get a nap in. hee hee Okay, lazy time over.

The hospital just called to see if I wanted to work tonight. Thank God for caller ID.

I am considering it though... extra money....hmmm...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 07-05-2004 at 03:05 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #11  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Smile

I can't wait to get moving on the Treadmill. I am so excited. Kat I just started the fourth book in the Dark Tower series and I am hooked. My goal is to own each of his books. He is an amazing story teller. I am going to read while I am on my tread mill...
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Happy day after the holiday holiday!

I'm supposed to be asleep, but there are only so many interruptions a chick can take before she gives up on solid sleep potential. So, of course I came here to read.

I've been working hard on making sure to keep active at the night job. There is one rotation during the night where I can walk and do quiet exercises in an empty room, and I've been doing just that. I was thinking of packing some light weights with me tonight and doing different exercises, because walking in circles gets a bit old after a while. I can tell I'm getting stronger, though, because some of the moves I was doing a couple of months ago aren't all that tough now unless I add a lot more reps. Anyone have ideas for exercises? The only limitation I've given myself is nothing lying on the floor, because it takes too long to get up if there is a problem anywhere.

The eating plan is going well except that it is hard to eat that much food day in and day out. The woman who went through my history with me asked for a rundown of what I normally eat in a day, and she said she didn't think I had been eating nearly enough. Logging this does make that pretty apparent. If I don't eat, my body just doesn't let me lose weight like I should. I'd better get back to that discipline, and not filling in gaps with junk.

Kat, the bike ride with your daughter sounded like fun, even if you didn't get to your destination!

Terri, sorry for the horse troubles, but they do sound wonderful, and you are definitely keeping busy with them.

BarbPA, I am so glad you keep us up to date with your IVF. You are very much in our prayers.

BarbG, only 8 times around? That was a quick answer to a prayer! Thanks for sharing the funny, I really did laugh hard.

Scooter, good to hear you are doing so well and this quickly! The treadmill should be great. I've wanted one for ages.

2cute, I can just see you sobbing to that song, but I'm glad you didn't during the ceremony itself. I do know what you mean about that "not even there" feeling. Sometimes important and much anticipated things just feel so surreal, like someone else is living them for me. And for me there is always that odd feeling of disappointment afterwards.

Ok, I think I'm tired enough again to try that sleep thing. Wish me luck. I've been seriously sleep deprived of late.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:00 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all. Hope all of you had a great 4th .

I have really eatten too much I have got to get back on program with my eatting.

Son brought his girlfriend by today. It is the first time I have met her. She is real nice

Well tomorrow is a work day I have really enjoyed the last few days off.

Better run my brother said he was coming over.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy *WARNING* (Whine enclosed)

Before I get started, I'd like to say "HI" to everyone and I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty good except for working yesterday. It was absolutely NUTS here yesterday. My supervisor (thank God) thought we would be busy, so she scheduled herself to come in and work with us, but even having her help.... we STILL took over 2000 calls and that was with only 3 people!! I swear, if my phone would have rang after I got home yesterday, I would have definitely shot it.

OMG..... Clay Aiken's "Solitaire" just came on the radio. I LOVE this song. It always makes me cry.

Speaking of solitaire, that leads me to my "whine". Dh starts seconds tonight. I know you guys probably think I am a whiny needy cry baby, but I can't help it. Dh is my very best friend in the whole world and we do everything together. We cook dinner, watch tv, do laundry, household chores, shopping, movies.....just everything together. We are permanently attached at the hip and him being gone at night is making me cry even as I'm typing this. I am so sad and unhappy about this. I work 7-3 and he is working 3-11:30, so when I get home, he'll be gone and when he gets home, I'll already be in the bed cause I have to get up at 6:00. Of course, it is a WONDERFUL thing that he finally got hired and got a big raise... that will definitely help us out, but I have no idea how long he'll be on seconds and I just hate it.

* End of whine *

Ok.... I'm done now. Thanks for listening.

I'm trying my best to be "good" on the diet front. I still don't know how this surgery thing is going to go because I'm still so early in the phase. I know I certainly don't want to eat myself into a coma just because I "can" or have that mentality....."Well, I'll be having surgery soon and my eating will be restricted....SO, I'll just eat what I want till then." I certainly do NOT want to gain any weight.

I'm not sure if I told you guys or not, (and if I did.... please excuse) but the doctor put me on Maxzide for my bp and it has a diuretic (sp?) of 37.5 which is AMAZINGLY keeping my ankles from swelling. I am *majorly* impressed. However, I am getting major muscle cramps. I'm getting them in my sides (rib area), my back (around my shoulder blade), my legs (calf muscles) and I've even had a few in my stomach. It says I should contact my doctor if I have any muscle cramps, but I'm just chalking it up to not drinking enough water, so I'm trying to do so.

Also..... I'm wondering if anyone knows: Will your heart rate automatically be higher if you are overweight? I know it might sound like a stupid question, but I just want to know. My heart rate, even when I'm resting is *always* between 98 - 110 and that just seems pretty fast to me. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate some input.

Mary: Good to see you. I definitely hear what you're saying about getting the food on track. Did you see the race Saturday?

Andria: I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for doing exercises while you're at work. Good for you! I don't know that I have any ideas, other than just walking in place like with the Leslie Sansone WATP. It usually is the only exercise I do because I really enjoy it.

Kat: OMG.... do I know what you mean about caller id! It has saved my butt a MILLION times!

Barbg: The little joke/story that you shared with us was right on the nose wasn't it? Also, good for you on the extra water class!

Terri: Sounds like you've got a good plan for this week. Good luck!

2cute: Good for you for having a "ME" day. Those are few and far between for me....but are oh so nice when we get them.

Kat: Your song even got me misty. They grow up SO quickly. I can't believe Brian will be a junior in high school this year. Congrats on the 5 lbs! Good for you girl!

Ok gals.... internet time on the ol' work front is about over and I still have to go check my email. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll try to sneak in here later on this evening!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Tina my DH did that for almost 2 years one time, a long, long long time ago, and we survived, so as I always say, hang in there, and it will pass.

Andria I keep a paperback copy of Larry North's "Slimdown for Life" in my desk drawer. The back half of it is exercises you can do at work. a lot of them even in your desk chair. You might try to see if you can find a copy on Ebay.

Had the 5th of my 10 weight loss sessions at the Wellness clinic, and complained that I didn't think it was working, so I'm going back in Thursday and they are going to change up a few things.

Well, I need to get to work,
Later...
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote