Old 03-25-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #508

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #2  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

This is a repeat of my last post on the other thread. It was closed while I was writing it so I'm repeating it here. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks Kat.

He's actually called about 10 times since July but I haven't actually hooked up with him. He's stopped by my office twice for workish related reasons but we haven't seen each other in person in several months and haven't been together since July. I know logically that he's a loser and that I deserve better. 8 months is a long time to go without though and I do have residual feelings for him that flare up from time to time. I told my best friend that it's been so long that next time he wanted to hook up I'd say no but of course I didn't. I mean I put him off for yesterday but he's very persistant and I'm sure that he won't quit calling any time soon. I just wonder if I'll ever have a normal relationship. Most of my past relationship (well all my past relationships) had major problems too. I want a normal life, with a normal man. Is that so much to ask? lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I may sound depressed about the above but I'm actually really just pondering what's going on in my life and since I'm making myself physically healthier I want to be emotionally and spiritually better too.

Talk to you soon,

Ingrid
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:53 PM   #3  

Ingrid : Listen to KAT!!!

But then she is married and has Thong Boy all to herself.

I on the otherhand understand your position totally being "temporarily single" myself. I can't help but throw out - they (men) use us for "stuff" so I don't see why we can't use them for the same.

Except that we tend to let our emotions get envolved!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #4  

Lucky... your signature was so fitting for that last post you wrote.
Especially the last line.

Sorry... I could not resist.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #5  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies -

Today was a good day because I did a reset for Bonne Belle, so I was pretty busy all day I'm sweating!!! Since my cat is a snob, she has to have TWO litter boxes..one in the basement, and one upstairs. Trust me, she didn't give me a choices, for some reason she was leaving presents in BOTH locations and NOT in the location of the actual litter box on the GROUND FLOOR. *sigh* ...so anyways I have to lug around the heavy container of litter up and down two flights of stairs, and then of course of of the boxes SPILLED so i had to vacuum that up..and then i picked up the box (it's a lift n sift)....well it sifted the litter ALL OUT AGAIN.
I seriously got my daily work out :/..that litter is heavy.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:32 PM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh, i just read Ingrid's post and I felt the need to say something. Ahem. Ok, let's not be all super idealistic...we know that, for the MOST PART, men would prefer to have a girlfriend that is perhaps smaller than some larger women out there (like myself). But the truth is, men do not want super thin girls either...it's really nothing that we should take personally...I mean admit to yourselves...do you find yourself lusting after really large men? Or do you find that you fall in love with their personalities, and then take the good with the bad? Being overweight is a physical ailment that we are all trying to overcome.

I think it's lousy to be embaressed, being around someone. You love someone, you love them for who they are inside and out..face it we're all perfectly flawed

Ingrid, I never "saw" a man (as you are calling it, lol) until I was 22...and that wasn't because of my weight, it was because I was being picky about who I would date. It's sad and shallow and I am ashamed to admit it, but it's how I was. I like the challenge of hunting down men that are seemingly "out of my league." And really, it's true. But now, super fit men make me uncomfortable, and I find a little bit of a pot belly to be most endearing. Although right now we're on a break right now while he is overseas, my current bf is totally supportive of me, the only concern for him is my health and he did what he could to help me and be supportive (although technically he's a bit overweight too...about 6'2", 210 lbs).

Anyways..my two cents
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

It's Friday! It's Friday!

Yack, work has been tough all week. Mentally tough. And no relief in sight. By the time I make the commute home, I've been exhausted. Today at work, we are having a department meeting. On the employee climate survey, our department employees rated us way down on teamwork and trust of others. Isn't that lovely? So, the SVP is making (having) them work in teams and we are going to define teamwork, why we fail and what to do. They aren't happy. Apparently its okay to whine and complain but not be part of the solution. Fortunately, being a direct report of the SVP all I have to do is faciliate. All those years of hard work and sacrifice are paying off - I get to sit back and delegate. I really embrace that concept.

Food has been great all week. I cannot believe that we have made every day within our point range and still have flex points. We'll burn a few of those this weekend. Weekend meals are usually our number one downfall; portion sizes being number two. So, our challenge will be to plan our food out at the beginning of the day because Saturday night is "steak" night. Now, to figure out how to make it work.

Neither one of us has done much exercise this week. Not sure why but its been a tiring, gloomy week. Feels like nothing accomplished. DH will have a trip tomorrow so he will be gone in the morning. Maybe I can get some work done while he's gone and feel more productive.

2Cute - Did you get the other two pics? Its just about a month or less away!!

I need to go pay a couple of bills online then off to work.

Oh, does anyone eat a good high fiber cereal that is reasonable in points and good? And not like a horse eating grain? I need a cereal for a breakfast alternative.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 03-26-2004 at 07:42 AM.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hi Terri - Just this morning I had Optium Cereal. It has 10g of Fiber and is 3 points for 1 cup. I really like it. I found it at Costco - which is a wholesale place like Sam's or BJ's - not sure what you have in your area. I haven't looked for it at other places yet because I still have 1/2 a box left.

I'll be back with more of a post.........

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:04 AM   #9  

Good morning ... good morning.
I have been up all night .
Partially doing my taxes ... and partially playing computer game "Spider".
I really need to delete that darn thing.

Terri... yes I got your photos... they are GREAT !!! They copied sort of dark but hopefully my daughter will know how to lighten them.
I am counting the days. LOL 34, 33, 32, ......

Fun Friday... well if I can get my taxes collected and to our accountant I am going to OKC and visit my daughter. Sunday night we are going to a concert by Joshua Bell. He is a violinst that is WONDERFUL. He played on David Letterman one night and I cried. It was sooo beautiful. !!!! If any of you ever go to Branson Missouri be sure and see Sojhi Tabucci (wrong spelling). He has a wonderful show. He is a violinst too ... but he can make you laugh and cry by playing it. HONEST. LOL

I also need to get my house straighten. We are suppose to have company this weekend and almost EVERY weekend between now and the wedding. I am going to cancel this weekend if I can get to see my daughter and Joshua Bell. LOL

Sorry ... no replys again. Just too worn out from staying up all night.
Gotta go catch some zzzzzzzzzz's.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:33 PM   #10  

Hi ladies; just stopped by the library to get in a quick post. I have spent a few minutes backtracking through the threads.

The weather here is sooooo nice today, warm and sunny!

I am presently working on getting back on track, I am doing better with my food but could use improvement. I haven't been getting in my water like I should either. Have any of you tried the "Fruit-2-O" water? It has no calories and is artifically sweetened; no carbs. I think it tastes like weak Kool-Aid. I really like it.

I plan to weigh in at my doc's in a couple of weeks. I hope to have at least a 5 pound weight loss

I am planning to take a long supper break tonight with a co-worker so I plan to have a snack before we go out to eat so I won't overdo it. I also plan to get a large water instead of my usual iced tea.

Well, I've got to run; have a hair appt in about 30 min. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See ya.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #11  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Melissa,

Thanks for your comments to my post. I agree that life isn't perfect and I'm very realistic that as lame as it is, most men won't be attracted to me at my weight. I just find it strange that the man in question would be involved with me for 10 years if he doesn't like fat women. Men are strange though and when it comes to sex behind closed doors I guess he (and many others) don't care. I want a man that will be proud of me for whom I am and my weight, fat or thin, isn't matter. I know they are out there, I just can't find one.

On the dieting front things with me are still going great. I can't wait until I'm under 300, which should be in the next 9 weeks if I continue to lose atleast 2 lbs per week, although I've been losing more than that most week. I haven't been under 305 since two weeks after my son was born in 5/02. I actually haven't weighed under 300 in atleast 5-7 years. I can't imagine actually being in the 200's again! I have 2 pairs of size 26 jeans that I'm dying to try on (again) but swore I wouldn't until I was 315. (I've been trying them on all the time the last few months but told myself I wouldn't again until 315 so I haven't tried them on in about 2 weeks). Hopefully after Monday's weigh in I'l be able to try them on again and I'll be able to wear them! I have thin legs but am big through the middle so my poor legs are swimming in my size 28. They almost look like clown pants. They are so big in the waist too that I have to roll them over about 3-4 times but I don't want to buy any more until I can fit into the next size down. It's nice to feel a huge difference in my clothes though.

Hope you're all having a great day and I'll talk to you soon!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:55 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!
Yay!!! It's Friday night! Now if my DH would just come home from work!
All is ok here --- I am a wee bit exhausted -- more mentally that physically these days. Yesterday I had 2 Dr. appts. One of them being a lovely visit to the dentist for a crown. The procedure wasn't horrible, but things just don't feel right with the tooth - it's almost like on one side it's not going close enough to the gum. Of course it's on the inside where my tongue keeps touching it - driving me crazy!! I am going to call on Monday to see if they can check it out.

Well, I officially started fertility drugs last night --- I gave myself my first injection. I will be doing daily injections for the next several weeks to get ready for the procedure and then will continue them until we figure out if things worked or not. My hubby seems to be looking forward to giving me shots! MEN!! He missed out last night cause he was at a work dinner - first thing he wanted to do when he got home was poke a needle in me - told him he was too late. I guess I'll be his living voodoo doll for a while!

I decided on an acupuncturist today. I found someone who specializes in infertility treatments. My first appt. is Monday morning at 7:30. He wants to treat me 3 times a week while I am going through all this. I'll see how I feel after I meet him because this is going to cost me an arm and a leg! But research has shown it increases pregnancy rates so I'm game!!

My doc has recommended a high protein/low carb diet during all of this - no biggie, that's pretty much what I do anyway. I did find out that I am not allowed to exercise once I start a certain phase of meds on April 9th. I'm really going to have to watch my food - I want to do everything to help my chances but I am not going to let myself gain back the weight I have worked so hard to lose.

I am sure going to miss the trip I had planned to OK next month!!! I was hoping to meet some fabulous gals! I will be there in spirit!!!!! If all goes well I will being having my actual procedure that weekend!!! Hopefully you can all send me good vibes while you are living it up!

Ingrid - I am so sorry about the situation you are in. One comment you made jumped off the page at me...
Quote:
I know logically that he's a loser and that I deserve better
Yes you do, my friend! You deserve a man that is going to treat you like a queen! You are doing such a great job with your weight loss! Congrats!

Lucky & 2Cute -

Melissa - Sounds like quite a kitty litter adventure!

Terri - I am so proud of the great job you and your hubby are doing together!! Way to go!!!

2Cute - Up all night! I hope you got some sleep today!!

Connie - Hey Gal! So good to see you popping in!!! Still making your computer visits to the library I see. Glad to hear you are getting back on track! Keep it up!

It was such a warm, beautiful day here! After I wrapped up work I went out and trimmed some bushes and clean out a flower bed! I feel a bit accomplished today!!

Well, I need to go figure out something for dinner...I hope you all have a wonderful night!!!

to all!
Barb
Old 03-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #13  

Hello all ... I did not get much sleep. An hour then a phone call... then a half hour and a phone call ... then 15 minutes and a phone call.... get the picture ...
I layed down about 8:45am and just gave up at 11:30 am. I should have unplugged the darn phone. LOL

I did not make it OKC today. But I am heading out about 6am Saturday morning.
It is a 2.5 hour drive and we want to hit a bunch of garage sales. Actually I just enjoy being with my darling daughter.

Connie.. good to see you again. come back more often

Barb... we may all have to come to you when you this baby/babies.
He/she is going to have a bunch of honorary aunts.

Ingrid... I wrote you long post this morning but then deleted it. I have many mixed emotions about your relationship. I DEFINITELY KNOW you deserve more than that guy is giving you... but I also think you get some reward for yourself in your situation.
It sounds like to me that you are getting something for yourself... not just him using you. BUT... if you don't let go of what you are hanging on to... you can't grab something new and BETTER.

Thin... where are you my friend.??? We miss you.
Kat... I will miss you in April. along with BarbPA.

SUSIE !!! It's okay to post.

Okay gals... I have to go finish up my laundry. Hubby needs clean underwear and socks for while I am gone. LOL
Old 03-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hmmmm.........Hello out there????????

Where are all my friends?????

I am off to the gym......
(better hurry before I change my mind)

Catch ya later!

Barb
Old 03-27-2004, 10:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Its me and the dog this morning. DH got assigned to a trip so he's gone - but will be back in the early afternoon. Not gone nearly long enough! I am more productive when he's not here. I've been up tackling all kinds of chores and still have a long list. I have to make the most of Saturday's because with work being what it is, it isn't likely that I will be getting much done during the week. It looks like our company may be up for sale YET AGAIN. Maybe the third time will be a charm. The folks across the pond, as we call the parent office in Europe through gritted teeth, hasn't been able to make this happen two other times. If this goes, work will be even more **** the next several months.

Its rainy here today and that is when I want to lay around and feel bummed. And eat stupid stuff. But I am going to fight that with activity. I'm going to try Wendy's spinach salad for lunch.

I've already got our menu planned for next week. Now to make out the grocery list and get to the store.

Ingrid - I have to agree with the other gals. In order to find someone who truly cares for you; you have to truly care for yourself. And that means freeing yourself from relationships that are good. If you are asking yourself whether or not this is a good thing for you to have this person in your life; if you feel that you're being used; if you're wondering if it is right - then you have your answer already. Sex is a good thing but it isn't if you don't feel good about yourself afterwards. And if you think that its okay to "use" each other for sex - then its not about feeling good. I'm not trying to butt into your life - but you did put this to the group - just hate to see someone allow a man to make them feel less then fantastic.

Barb - I'm so thrilled for you that the baby stuff is progressing. The shots don't sound fun but will be worth it. We'll miss you in April but we're all so happy for you.

Okay, I must be moving off to do something else. Have a great day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote