Old 03-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default 300+ and Ready to Try again #507

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #2  
Hang In There

well, after all the discussion of the numbering of the threads, I figured that I didn't have an excuse to keep posting on the old thread. I will have to practice on getting the colors right.

I'm still not feeling well and skipped the health club today, I think I'm going into the bedroom and trying my balance ball tape. Oxycise is great and I recommend it to everyone. I do have great sucess with loosing inches when I do it consistently, but like with everything else in my life, it's like a roller coaster high one week, low the next. I had done almosttwo week when I got sick, and haven't tried it since. I will get back to it soon. Beside the loss of inches, It just makes me feel better all over.

A close family friend died yesterday. He has been sick quite a while and has been going downhill fairly rapidly since he fell and broke his shoulder New Years Eve. He was like a mentor to my DH and he was very close to him. Keep all of us in your prayers.

Well, I've rattled on quite a while for someone having nothing to say.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning everyone! I finally crawled in bed at 4:15 this morning. Geez, hate when honey is out of town! I really did crash when my head hit the pillow though so that's a good thing.

Barbg: Thanks for starting the new thread. You're right, we needed it. Don't forget to leave the "STOP" message on the old thread just in case somebody goes to the wrong one and doesn't see the new one. * Hey, BTW, do you guys have a website or something for your business? My friend said someone she's related to (sorry, can't remember who now: brother, maybe) is into old Mustangs and I was talking about you. If so, could you PM it to me? Thanks.

2cute: Hope you got some of your taxes done and that you can rest easier. You've got a real load on your plate this Spring and it would be only natural for you to feel a bit overwhelmed. Try to relax and do talk to your doctor about the mood swings. There is help for that. {{{hugs}}}

Barb: Hope you have a great day at work. You sure have made a quick recovery from your surgery. I'm so happy for you. Is DH doing better? I sure hope so. An infection is nothing to sneeze at and when it's "you know where" that would be even more concerning.

Terri: How cool that you and DH are doing so well. I bet that is really a jump to your program that you are now both following it. That's a real kick about the Stovetop, isn't it. 1/2 cup sure isn't very much! Sorry, no Deadwood here. No HBO. I did see the print ad for it and thought it would be something I might like. I'm so sick of the same old dramas all the time. As much as I like law and order, just how many versions of it do we need? And CSI. I like it fine, but did we need 2? I really crave something DIFFERENT and a western might just be the thing. I'll be waiting to hear if you can get into it.

Lucky: Have a great day at work!

Well, girls, I'm going to head out of here. I've got one report to do from yesterday and then I think I'll go out and do a couple of "bank jobs" I have to clean up before the end of the week. No sense procrastinating any longer.

You all have a GREAT day! Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #4  

barb sorry to hear about the loss. you and yours are definately in prayers. hope everyone is having a great tuesday.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:41 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi again!

I knew I missed someone.

Syn: Hope you are feeling much better by now. * How's your love life!

Barbg: Also forgot to mention how sorry I am for your loss. It's always hard to see friends deteriorate and pass. My thoughts and prayers are with you. [[[hugs]]]

Audrey: Sure is nice to see you. Come and talk about your life. We'd love to get to know you better.

Well, honey just called and I'm soooooo jealous. He's in Nashville, as I told you, visiting a customer with a few other people from his company. Well last night, the client took them out on the town for dinner and then they all went off on their own. Well, they stopped in the Wild Horse Saloon and walked into a concert by Montgomery Gentry!!! OMG! And my honey doesn't care for country music, I DO!!! He said it was really cool because there were camera crews there because they were taping a show for the troops. He was the DD (designated driver) and they went to a blues club after that. Now, this is my honey who is not at all into late nights, or bar scenes. Wish I was there!

Well, heading out.....again. You all take care and have a GREAT day!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:52 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
This is going to be quick, but I wanted to say Hello! I'm proud to say I have been keeping my journal the past couple days and have been eating healthy! Now to get back to that exercise thing!!

Barb.g - I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for starting the new thread.

Thin - Thanks for asking, DH is doing ok --- he is still rather swollen and uncomfortable. {{{grimacing while typing these words}}} Fortunately he's not in much pain - just uncomfortable. It doesn't appear to be an infection, rather fluid retention. He goes back to the Doc on Friday. I have bounced back well from my surgery. I still feel a little tired and headachy, not sure if the they are related. How much fun would that be --- to be in Nashville and walk into a concert like that!!

Ok, I warned you it would be quick....I have to get on the road and deal with my commute home. (When do we get a road rage smiley?)

Have a great night!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Sitting here watching American Idol, relaxing. Those kids are really good tonight - well at least so far!

Day four totally OP! Tonight DH made a grilled hamburger steak (6 oz) and roasted asparagus. Delicious!

Today was kind of a bad body day. I felt like I was dragging around a 10 pound ball on my leg. *whine momemt* I am so sick of this air cast thing. *whine over*. I just felt tired all day. I guess because I didn't sleep well last night because DH was snoring so loudly last night. The dog and I moved to the living room. I slept in the recliner and he slept under my feet.

Barb.g - I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. You'll be in my prayers. {{{hugs}}

Barb - I agree - where is the road rage smiley?! Hope your drive home was uneventful. Poor DH! Take good care of him - spoil him rotten. Good job about getting back to the journalling! It does make a difference.

Thin - Great post! What were you doing up until 4:15 am????? You night owl ladies amaze me. Montgomery Gentry? Oooh, lala! Lucky DH! You'll have to harass him about being a party hound on the road.

Audrey - I agree with Thin - we'd love to know more about you!

Wonder if I should rescue DH? He got down on the floor and the dog is mauling him. On second thought, he knows better.

Hello to everyone else! We need more posters. Have a great Tuesday evening!!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:23 PM   #8  

Well, tomorrow I am starting the Dr.Phil program for the eating part, I am going to also work out BFL style. I went ahead and purchased both of his books today. I do think I need structure to my eating, so here goes. I should be shrinking any minute

BabySteps
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:26 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls -

Barbg: *HUG*..I'm sorry for your loss I never know what to say in situations like this. I bet it's harder wondering what dh is going through, huh? I hate hospitals because I've spent so many hours in them, waiting for loved ones to pass on..namely my grandfather. I just couldn't hack nursing because of it..I can't deal with grief..and I especially cannot deal with watching elderly people suffer..I mean obviously I don't like to see anyone suffer, but it seems to tug more on my heart strings when the geriatric population is involved.

I just looked at the "men's corner" forum..it hasn't been updated since March 14 ...how sad to be a man on a diet at the 3fc website!!! (Makes you wonder about their lifestyle, if they're on a chick's weight loss web site )

Today was sooo good...seriously...whenever I go through emotional turmoil I lose my appetite..believe it or not I had to force myself to eat breakfast and lunch

Thin...thanks SO much for your insight...Owen and I have an agreement...just what you said..what's good for the goose is good for the gander! He wants me to go out and meet guys too...except I sorta forgot how to do that *scratches head*..I'm not into the bar scene...I have been feeling better about it lately though. Thin, you heretic how can you like country music?? Ok I'm kidding. But seriously..can't stand it for some reason. I LOVE the old school stuff though...i'm talking Johnny Cash, the Oakridge Boys. I also like Bluegrass which some people may confuse for country..well I Guess it is..but it's much more accoustic and authentic..one of my favorite bands is a cute bluegrass group called Nickel Creek.

So now I have more time to focus on my spirituality..for some reason it seems to get compromised at times when I'm in a serious relationship.

Barb: Where do you work that you are always using a laptop to write to us?

Terri: You're seriously addicted to that show, aren't you? ...I love it too..but I've never been much of a tv person..and I always seem to forget to watch it Tuesdays and Wednesdays...

Babysteps:
Be sure to tell us how dr phil's program works!! I'm always wiling to try new things on this journey...Is it low carb?

Well girls it's bed time...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

MissMeliss... I have one word for you.... YEEEE HAW !!!!
I don't know if that is even a word... but I have to put my shout in for Garth Brook and Faith Hill to name only two. LOL
On American Idol tonight I thought that one girl IMPROVED Willie Nelsons song. LOL
I am just joking with you... but I am a "partial" country music girl. LOL
I don't like all of them... but I love some too. Especially Garth.

Thin... I don't know my country that well. I had to go to google.com and find out who Montgomery Gentry was. LOL There are always 2 guys pictured... is the one in black Montgomery and the other Gentry ?? I know I have heard him sing before and he was good... but I only remember seeing the guy in black.

Terri... I was not as impressed with tonights Amer Idol. I thought everyone did okay... but only a couple of "really good". I still think that John Peter guy is out of his league completely. I never understand what people see in him. My favorites 'tonight' were the last two. But I think several have great voices. I guess I was ready for something peppy. LOL

Babysteps.. I bought DrPhils book and have not opened it yet. Maybe we can read it together... and share what we like and dislike.

Audrey... I have to ask .... why don't you post more ?? You are a very caring person and always offer support... but you don't tell us much about YOU. ???

Barb.g ... I am so sorry for your loss. Even when they have been ill ...it is hard to accept.

BarbPA... as usual... congrats on keeping up with your weight loss program.
You are such an inspiration here... along with several others.

Okay ladies... have a great day !!!!
My Monday motivation was to not repeat Monday night meal Tuesday ...... and I succeeded.
My Tuesday Tip.... don't have it in the house. Had I had it in the house today... I would have eaten it. Don't bring it into the house and you can't eat it. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Not much time this morning. I did some exercise this morning and made lunch so that I can have day 5 OP! Helping DH get a grip on what foods are best, what foods are better to limit, and real portion sizes has been an eye-opener for me. We have been measuring everything and calculating points and discussing what to eat BEFORE we eat it. I know that people, including myself, don't like to weigh and measure food; don't like to count points or calories; don't like to write it down; don't like to eat veggies or fruit; don't like to drink water, etc. Its either do those things we don't like and lose weight like we want or else just stay fat. That is my conclusion. If we aren't willing to put in the effort to get a grip about food and if we aren't willing to separate the emotions from food, then we will not be successful in the long term.

So maybe my Wednesday "weigh-in" isn't a number on a scale. But a measure for all of us to think about - how much do we really want this success? Think about what you're willing to do.

2Cute - Good job for not repeating Monday!! Now do it again today!! You know you can.

Meliss - I wouldn't say that I'm seriously addicted; just that there are few shows that we sit down to enjoy and I actually remembered that it was on last night. Once I get my air cast off; I plan on being up and away from the TV. I too love some of that old country music. Grew up on it as mom put on a stack of albums every Saturday and Sunday morning at 7 am. Too hard to sleep through!!

Have a great day everyone!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:46 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

RISE AND SHINE !!!!!
I was her a half hour ago and did not leave a message. Then got my email telling me someone posted and I immediately regreted not posting. LOL Soooooo... here I am.

Terri... these wise words are worth repeating....
Quote:
get a grip on what foods are best, what foods are better to limit, and real portion sizes has been an eye-opener for me. We have been measuring everything and calculating points and discussing what to eat BEFORE we eat it. I know that people, including myself, don't like to weigh and measure food; don't like to count points or calories; don't like to write it down; don't like to eat veggies or fruit; don't like to drink water, etc. Its either do those things we don't like and lose weight like we want or else just stay fat. That is my conclusion. If we aren't willing to put in the effort to get a grip about food and if we aren't willing to separate the emotions from food, then we will not be successful in the long term.

So maybe my Wednesday "weigh-in" isn't a number on a scale. But a measure for all of us to think about - how much do we really want this success? Think about what you're willing to do.
Weigh in Wednesday can mean weigh and measure your food... just for today even.
Just to open our eyes to just what a real portion size is. Thanks.

Also... WAY in Wednesday. The WAY to lose weight is by DOING ... not wishing.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #13  
Hang In There

I also have Dr Phil's book that I haven't opened. Something about him sorta turns me off, so couldn't bring myself to read his book. Let me know if I should get over it and read it.

Just taking it easy today, I decided to take this whole week off from the health club and try to get over this cold/cough whatever it is I have. So this time in the morning is new to me.

Anyone know anything about propogating roses? My son trimmed (? more like chopped) his and brought me several of the parts he cut off and said I could have them to try to grow some for me, but I don't have a clue what to do except just stick in the ground, and I doubt that is the proper way to go about it.

Has anyone check out the new 3FC photo albums? Another thread I post in had the link, and lo & behold one of the "featured" pictures was of one of my shop cats Smokie !! She's a cutie. I have many more pictures of the shop cats than I do the home cats, cause we use the camera at work so much it's always ready, and at home I don't even know where one is. If I'm planning on doing something that I want to take pictures of, I bring one home from work.

Mis Meliss: You asked what I do, and I don't remember if I ever answered you. If I did sorry for the repeat. We (DH ole Alvin and I ) own a business that sells restyling parts for Mustang automobiles. We have just open a new facility, a manufacturing plant to make the fiberglass parts ourselves, and it has been a nightmare from the beginning, but maybe it's beginning to level out. We are now producing parts and things are looking up.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Cool

Hey, hey, hey...whattya say?

Not getting on a scale even IF it's Wednesday!!! (too depressing)

But I did take a walk today.

So there.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #15  

Well, day one on Dr. Phil, so far so good. I purchased both of the books, I wanted to get the structure on what to eat, how much so I purchased his food guide so I could start the eating part today. It will take me a while to get through the other one, I will get started though. I understand about him rubbing you the wrong way I told my daughter yesterday I thought I would need to make book covers so I don't have to look at him LOL I guess his picture makes me feel criticized, isn't that funny! I can watch the show, cheer the others on, but now that I have the book, I dont want to look at his picture. Crazy I know.

It is kinda low carbish, for breakfast I am allowed one egg and a small amount of high fiber cereal+ low fat milk. Lunch and dinner if protein and veggies, we also get 2 dairy and 2 fruit a day. I don't like to drink milk so for my fruit I picked frozen strawberries, added my milk put in a blender and had a nice smoothie I really liked it.

I should have did the treadmill today but I didn't, oh well tomorrow I will get to the club.

Have a great day everyone!!
BabySteps
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote