Old 03-27-2004, 10:41 AM   #16  

Wink

BarbPA: I feel like I am going through this with you. (glad I don't have to actually feel the needle part though)

I have never been pregnant so this will be so FUN!!!! Well, the WHOLE thing might not always be fun for you, but it will be for me!!!

I have my windows and doors open. It is so humid and 60 here. My cat is loving it. He hasn't been able to sit in a window sill for months.

I have to do my taxes today- well, I think I will have another and read a little first!!!!

Did any of you start reading your Dr. Phil book yet? BarbG? 2Cute did you get one too?
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:06 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Good Morning everybody!

I just got a reprieve...son was supposed to have baseball practice this afternoon, it was just cancelled...I'm not sure why, it's only drizzling out there! We still have football registration to get to though...which is why I should not be here, but instead looking for his birth certificate! And a small school picture. And writing out the FOUR checks that they require for uniform, work deposit, registration fee, and the raffle tickets that must be sold. $$$ Cha-ching!

So far, so good food-wise today. I need to go chug some water and take my vitamins. Exercise today will consist of yard work: cleaning out the beds, raking up branches, pruning some bushes...rain be damned! I have time today and I'm going to do it! If we're not in line for 27 hours...So I'd better get moving.

Barb, I'm SO excited that the process has started for you! See above for what you have to look forward to! Just change all those fees to to apply to dance class, recital costumes, etc if it's a girl!! Just kidding, it's all worth it! Good luck!!!!!!!

bye for now, have a great weekend!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 03-27-2004 at 11:09 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #18  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls, I'm sorry I haven't had a lot to say in the past 24 hours or so..I've just been really depressed. I haven't talked or heard from Owen in almost 48 hours (is it scary that I am timing it?)...I had these horrible dreams this afternoon when I took a nap - about him having spent those 48 hours in the bedroom of someone thin, hot and of course with the ability to make him forget about me.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #19  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ingrid - Just a quick reply to let you know that I wasn't talking about you specifically, I was probably thinking more about myself when I said that.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Red face Sorry for the absence

Hi Friends
I've been on spring break, and have been doing some major cleaning this week. But last week I was at a cultural event that lasted Thursday through Monday, where I had to camp near the river. It was a very beautiful event
On the weightloss thing, well I stayed the same and was not able to walk or do any exercise. But I am hoping that with all this cleaning that it will help. As for the eating part, hmm I sure need to work on that.
I hope you all are doing ok?
I'll be checking in again soon, have fun weekend
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:17 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Has anyone hear from Duckie? I've been worried about her since she hasn't posted since they were to find out about their jobs.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:37 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Long time no see! AND I've made 4 typos already in this line so as you can see I won't be here long.

I've been so busy this week. I do have to say that I have read all that everyone has posted and as much as I would like to throw my two cents worth into the ring, I won't. No time, too tired and you just don't need opinionated me this evening.

I'll tell ya, I didn't have that many jobs this week, but I feel as if I was really busy. I sat again on Thursday for my girlfriend's mother. I'm her new best friend and we really get on well. Maybe because I've dealt with my dad and his Alzheimers, I just take my time with her and don't get frustrated. Her incessant repeat questions don't bother me. Of course, I only have to deal with her once a week too, so I suppose that helps.

Did a bunch of "showgirl" jobs yesterday and while I was at the theatre I had time to see that new Tom Hanks movie Lady Killers. You girls were right, don't bother!!! If you think Tom's speach and mannerisms drove you nutts in the trailer, you should try sitting through the whole movie of it. YIKES!!!!

Tonight, honey and I had to each go our separate ways at the theatre as I was assigned to see the sneak preview of The Prince and Me with Julia Stiles as well as Walking Tall with the Rock. Guess which one of us got to see which movie???? The Prince and Me was a typical chick flick love story. Honey said Walking Tall was your typical "shoot 'em up, beat 'em up" guy film. I get to go back tomorrow and do The Prince and Me again as they are having a sneak matinee tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking my mom with me so she can have an afternoon out.

Honey and I spent most of the day photographing, pressing and taking descriptions of some clothes I want to sell on eBay, so I'll be listing some of those tomorrow night when I get home from the theatre. I'm not even making a dent in what I have. Most of this stuff is dresses and suits for the office. Sure don't need that anymore AND it's nothing that will fit again in a million years either.

Food has been just horrible for weeks now. I've been eatting like a fat girl again and it's making me crazy. I wish there was something I could blame it on, but alas, there is nothing. Even PMS doesn't come into consideration seeing as I started eatting long before that, through Mother Nature being here and now for a week since she's gone. Just no willpower, no gumption, no nothing. I'm not even going to make any excuses!

Well, my dears, I think I will head off to bed. I've got to make an early start tomorrow as I want to get up, shower, make breakfast and be out of the house by noon. Seeing as Sundays are lazy days around here, that should be an interesting feat.

I hope to get some extra time this next week to get back here nice and proper like. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Good Sunday Morning ladies.

I am at my daughters home...and having a wonderful time.
I can't stay and chat here since she is waiting for me... but I did want to check in.
We hit a few garage sales Saturday... we did not buy much... but what I did buy I really liked. There just weren't many sales around here.
Back home we have a ton already. Last Saturday my daughter and I went and we must have found 30+++. Yesterday we only found maybe 7-9.

We also went and picked up her Bridesmaid dress ... it is sooo pretty.
We basicly ordered it sight unseen.
They had the dress in a different color and it also has fancy embroidery (I think it is called embroidery) in a different color too. They had no samples our our colors. We stepped out in faith that we would like it and ... we DO.
We still need to have it altered. My daughter is larger on the bottom than the top... so to get the top to fit over her bottom we had to buy the top too big. but she is beautiful in it.

One of the other bridesmaid is bigger on top than the bottom ... what a combination standing on the altar. Life is full of mismatches. LOL
ME... I am BIG Everywhere !!!! My legs are HUMUNGUS !!!

We also went to Kohls...(discount department type store) and I bought some new throw pillows and afgan. I just love them ... now I hope they will fit in with my furniture.

I have really been in a lot of physical pain lately. My legs are getting worse daily. When I asked my doctor about it... she said quote.. "You are too big to lay on the table to x-ray them"
I am sorry... but I know there are ways to work around obese people.
I was first shameful for being so fat... then shocked she would refuse to try... then just plain ANGRY.
I know there are tons of doctors out there... but it is soooo shameful to have to face a new doctor.

Also... remember 3 weeks ago when they did my ultra sound on my heart... well they still have not been able to find the results anywhere. I have called them 3 times... and they did return one phone call and said they were looking for the wrong tests. I had my legs ultra sounded several months ago and they were hunting for those results. Geeze... and we place our lives in their hands. Scarey !!!!

Okay... I have got to go. Time to get dressed and going. We have alot of things we want to do today. Take care.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #24  

Question

Well, I DID IT. I got my taxes done yesterday - I think.

I filled out the forms via the internet. They sure ask a lot more questions than that are on the from they mail. I don't have a response yet so I am sure glad I did my taxes early !!! They said it takes 24 to 48 hours before I will know if my taxes are in the "safe" hands of the IRS.

It is colder here today so I am off to have some and then my head should be clear enough to plan out my day. It is wet, raining - I guess that means no raking today.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 03:19 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

2cute, there should be NO SHAME in going to see a new doctor. It sounds like you should start looking for one--SOON! What a rotten thing to say to a patient. Is it this doctor's office that lost the results?? All the more reason to get a new doc. Can you call the place where the testing was done and check with them? Take control of your health and don't leave it in the hands of incompetent, uncaring people. I had a different word in there, but edited my profanity! Can you tell I'm PO'd? You are worth so much more than that kind of treatment!!

Lucky, since you couldn't rake, it did it for you! About three hours worth yesterday. It must have been in the high 60s...such a nice day, so we raked and bagged leaves, bundled sticks, trimmed some bushes, fed the birds, cleaned up dog poop. Well, my son did THAT. We never did get any rain.

Thin...I KNEW IT! I knew that Tom Hanks movie couldn't be any good! I always figure that they must put the movie's best lines in the trailer...So if that's all they could come up with...P.U.!!! It must be a stinker! That accent is so annoying! And I LOVE Tom Hanks...I don't want to not like a movie of his!!

Terri...How is WW going for you and DH?

Barb...So, did you make it to the gym?

Barbg...Duckie pops in only once in a while anymore...I haven't seen anything from her lately. Come out, come out, Duckie!!!

Joanne...Your camping trip sounds lovely. Too cold around here to go camping yet...

Hi to everyone else...

Have I mentioned lately that I miss my hubby? He just now called...so how do I act on the phone with him? Crabby. I didn't mean to...things just came out that way. My first impulse after we hung up was to stuff myself silly...but I didn't. I came back here instead. You girls saved me! Thanks.

I have to get moving, I'd like to get some more done in the yard, so I'd better get out there soon! And I have to work tonight. Doing a favor for a friend... kind of sorry now that I said I would. I am REALLY sick of that place. The less I see of it the better. <sigh> I told you I was crabby!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 09:20 PM   #26  
Hang In There

It's Sunday night and time to regear for Monday morning. I'm going to the health club tomorrow and just walk with my mom. Tuesday/Thursday I plan to do the Water areobic class and walk again on Friday. Wed I have a doctors appointment.

I'm going to start back slow after being sick. My muscles and joints and fatigue has been so much better this week that I haven't done any exercise, but I know I can't stop exercising. Is this what they call being between a rock and a hard place? Hopefully giving up the trainer and the weights and only walking and doing the water classes will be the right formula for me.

My doctors appointment Wed morning is basically my yearly physical, but I plan to talk to her about several things, my weight being the most important.

I got a new Coldwater Creek catalog last week, and again, it made me want to throw out everything in my closet and start all over. Maybe if I ever get into smaller sizes, I'll get to do that.

Lucky, you inspired me. I dug out my Dr Phill book and read the first few sections last night. Tonight I'll read more. So far it makes sense, but I'm having trouble getting over the sound of his voice as I read.

I've got to check out the LaneBryant catalog too, I got my bill from them, and I overpaid them and have almost 50.00 credit so I have to spend it>!

Have a great week everyone.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:15 AM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Hi guys... just got back to my daughters apartment after the concert.
I was hoping to find some juicey gossip here... but just the usual.

The concert was good. But not as good as the night I saw him on tv.
No tears this time. Maybe last time I saw him it was that time of the month.
Anyway... it was good.

We did not get out until 10pm and we had not eatten dinner so we ate really late. I know that is not good... but we were both starving.
Now I am headed to bed. I am tired.

Terri.. I see you started a new challenge. What happened to the "BOOT CAMP" ?? LOL
Boot Camp sounds more.... "DO IT OR ELSE" ...
whereas challenge sounds like "give it your best shot"
I think I need LOL

Okay... I am off to bed. Monday morning... means new beginning.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:39 AM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Kat: You wouldn't want to talk to me then, because I have that annoying accent. If you are from Mississippi you have an accent.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:01 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I've just finished a good workout this morning with the curl bar and other accessories. Now I have a few minutes before getting ready for work.

Not much exciting happening. It rained most of the weekend. The sun finally came out yesterday around noon. I did get out for a bit spraying Round Up. Somehow we've acquired two types of spreader weeds. Growing rampant. I don't know if its coming from the neighbor's yards, just one of those things, or something that has come from the grass seed. I will have some dead spots in the yard but the landscaper said it had to be stopped. I'll need to hit it again with Weed B Gone this week too. I'm about ready to move to maintenance provided condo.

Kat - Good advice to 2Cute. Doctors tend to forget that we hire them. DH and I are still doing well with WW. We had our 2nd weekend in a row within program so I'm thrilled. Getting him to drink water is a challenge. We go for our first WI next Saturday. I'll be anxious for us both to have success. Its almost biking weather! I go this Friday to see if the aircast can come off. If so, maybe I can be biking in May!

2Cute - Listen to Kat. Bootcamp, schmootcamp, challenge, schmallenge. Semantics! Get your butt in there and make some goals and be accountable. Its all the same thing - just for three months. It doesn't have to be about exercise either. Just a place to focus on making plans and being accountable. First, get your doc and heart situation worked out.

Barb.G - Sounds like a good plan for the week. I've never checked out Coldwater Creek. I don't ever think I will be a size 8 - if I ever was - but I do long for the day when I can order or go in and buy a regular size 18. I love clothes!

Hello to everyone else! Let's make Monday a great day! Its Motivation Monday so let's be motivated! This fat ain't coming off if we don't work at it consistently. If we don't make it a priority! Drop the food! Get off the butt! No whining! Do what you know has to be done to achieve what you want to achieve! In case you hadn't noticed, I never claimed to be anything but blunt, tell ya what you need to hear, kind of person.

I think I can :chug:
I think I can :chug:
I think I can :chug: :chug: :chug:

I KNOW I can
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

I can't stay to chat right now, but I wanted to drop in and say Hello!! I'll try to stop back at lunch time!

Have a great day!!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote