Old 07-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

Ubee, congratulations on having just one piece of cake! I had a victory last night. My husband decided he wanted to order wings and fries, and I was already having a bad day, which usually leads to me binging, but I did NOT have him order anything for me, and it wasn't even that difficult to stay in the same room while he was eating. I don't know what's going on with me this time around on the dieting trip, but it's been so much easier for me so far. (Still hard, just not as hard as before.) I hope I can keep up my momentum.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good for you Sencha!
I think the times it is easiest is when we are in the right frame of mind and also when our lives are running fairly smoothly. Either way I try to push a little harder when it is going good. It seems to build momentum.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Good for you sen...it becomes easier when we say "I don't want to" instead of "I cant"
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #34  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Ladies sounds like lots of personal success over the weekend. Congrats to everyone. Interesting that I have been craving a piece of that cake you referred to Ubee lol I have had to shift my focus to a cupcake I am going to eat on my son's 30th birthday on the 30th August, With a caveat of having lost 33lbs. total
Sweetcakes. Sounds like we are on a similar path. My husband and I have been married 30 years and recently become empty nesters. It's almost like building a new relationship, you have to find out what you are still passionate about. Ubee is right though the grandkids appear then its all about them.
SenchaIt's hard when there are other people to feed. You can do it if you stick to your plan.
Off to Ohio on Friday. The whole airplane seat issue is making me a little nervous.
Anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #35  

Annie-what was the hardest adjustment about being an empty nester would you say?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:43 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Been a pretty hectic week past week extra hours at work girls on school holidays and sticking to my program /ww workouts and food has been a bit of a challenge

-anyway meeting weigh in #5 sees me celebrating small victory of 5%of meeting start weight gone - though didn't stay for the meeting so will have to celebrate next week !!!! Was 5kg from start weight too or 11 pounds ...
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

It looks like everyone had a pretty successful weekend.

Anniemaxx Thanks for the warm welcome back. I need to be here and just need to take things one day at a time. I have worked too hard to let myself gain all of this weight back. I want to look like the girl in my avatar again.

Ubee I'm here! I'm really trying. I have missed this group and all of my old friends. I hope some of the old crew comes back, but I am eager to be here making new friends. Thanks for giving me the push to start posting again. I really want to post every day. Great job on the one piece of cake!!!!

Sweetcakes I don't have any children but I can imagine how different life can be with having them around all the time to gone out on their own. Like the others say take the time to enjoy it and spend time with your sweetie more.

Karencat Hey girl! Happy to see a familiar face! You sound like you've had a busy schedule!

There's a lot of new people here, so I don't know if you all know my story and what has been going on with me. I'll keep it brief but just wanted to introduce myself.
I started with my weight loss journey in 2014. All of the sudden one day the light clicked on and told me to do it. By a little over a year I had lost 100 pounds. Total I lost 135 pounds and went from weighing 340 lb to 205. I made it to 199 lb for one day! This is the one time in my life that I felt good about what I was doing. I also have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) so that has always been hard with my weight loss. My husband and I want to try for a baby and that has been my goal to lose the weight.
Fast forward to last year. I started traveling to my FIL's lake house and doing work. I didn't eat the best and I let myself eat what I wanted because I was working hard outside for 6+ hours a day out there. I slowly started to gain, but thought I could control it. Then, Aug 2016 the mother of my 2 youngest nieces passed away. She was 27. After that I just kind of stopped caring about myself or what I ate, or what I did. I was more worried about my nieces and my brother in his custody battle with taking his girls from their step father. It has been an uphill battle and I have just stressed myself to the max. We have now recently found out that their step father has been sexually abusing them. This has blown up into an even more fiasco and it's not over yet. I have just had to tell myself that I can be supportive, but I can't let things run my life like this. I still need to take care of myself before I can take care of anyone else.

I visit a psychologist every 6 months or as needed. I suffer from bipolar disorder. I saw my therapist for the first time since everything went on last week and she made me feel better about taking back my life. She told me that this can't stress me out or I am going to be taking so many steps back that I may not be able to bounce back. I want to stop that here and now. My DH is also on board about getting healthy with me for once. We are going to do it together and push through.

My weekend was not that great. I didn't bother to weigh myself because I didn't want to deal with that right now. I didn't eat the greatest but I definitely have eaten worse. My mother has been out of town this past week and I have taken care of my 85 year old grandmother for a few days when my cousin who has been visiting from Dallas was here. She suffers from congestive heart failure and has been slowly getting worse and worse in health. That's been rough for me too among everything else going on. I then find out in a bad way that my grandfather on my dad's side is in hospice care in UT and is not going to make it much longer. This has been troubling me since Saturday night. I have slept, I just have been having a hard time with this. I haven't gotten to speak with him in over 10 years because of my aunt whom he is in her care. I've tried reaching out on several occasions never to hear a word. If it hadn't been for a cousin, whom I barely even know telling me I wouldn't even know he's dying. She made it sound like he wasn't going to make it through the night and it wasn't until I got better understanding from another aunt that I really knew what was going on. This has not been helping me with my weight loss. But I am going to chin up. Everyone dies, it's part of life. I can't let things like this bother me to a point where I can take care of myself.

I'm trying to start out fresh this week. I hat oatmeal with chia, flax, and peanut butter for breakfast. For lunch I will either have a salad or some left over soup (both are in the fridge at work). I also have some berries and cheese for a snack. I will do this, I just have to get my head in the right space.

Thank you guys for being here and letting me vent. I needed this.

PS: I did have a good time at the beach on Saturday.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #38  

I had a great weekend.
Thanks to a some much needed guidance I got my head on straight before starting to self sabotage myself. I made a better plan. Friday night I took a smaller portion and didn't touch the filler carbs. I took my desert home and gave it to an elderly friend recovering from surgery and needing to up his food intake.
Since I was in charge of Saturdays meal only clean foods were served except for the cake. I realized I had been planning that binge for a while. Since my plan does allow a few sweets I had a small slice of cake. The rest I sliced in smaller pieces and froze for my special needs daughter. If I designate food for her and only her I do not touch it. I will order a smaller cake the next birthday so I know it is not the last opportunity for me to enjoy it.
I am so happy that I stuck to my plan. I have worked hard to get where I am today. I am committed to getting this extra weight off.

As an FYI I wrote this post Friday morning to help motivate me to do well. Kind of like visualizing my future.
I now get to add that I am down 2 pounds this week! Go me!

Sweetcakes what worries you the most about having an empty nest?

Karencat good job working your plan.

Sam you are going through a lot and you have a right to grieve all those losses. The important thing is for us to grieve in a healthy way. You will find your way. Soon you will be 100% back on track with your plan. So glad to see you posting and a having a good time at the beach.

Ann do they post on line how wide their seats are? The important thing to remember is that you are a work in progress and this is the last time you will have to stress about plane seats.

Have a peaceful on plan day everyone!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

At 10:10 AM, my grandfather has passed away. This is so hard being at work and not wanting to just burst out into tears. Thanks for being here. I'm going to need it.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #40  

Oh Sam, I'm so sorry for your loss
Old 07-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #41  

So sorry Sam.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

SamIAm86, I am so sorry to hear about your loss
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/195

Height: 5'8"

Sencha and Ubee - congrats on resisting food!

SamIAm - I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand completely - my grandfather died in hospice several years ago. I was there at the end, along with several family members. It was hard for everyone, but especially for my mom (his only daughter) and my sister (his first and favorite granddaughter). It took years for my sister to come to terms with it. Visiting a medium helped her a lot.

I had a very pleasant weekend. I went camping at one of the most beautiful campsites I've ever been to. Our site was right on a lake with a fantastic view of Mt. Hood (Oregon's tallest peak). I lounged in my hanmock, read a good book, swam in the lake, star gazed (I could see the milky way), and didn't eat bad at all. It was an amazing refresher, both physically and mentally. I went to work this morning feeling absolutely amazing.

However, I've been neglecting my food diary, which is why my scale is barely moving even though I'm putting in 12,000+ steps most days. I got back into the habit today!
OrionNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #44  

Orion your weekend sounds like a dream...

Today I am tired and my food choices show it.
I have to set boundaries and make my health a priority. That includes my mental health.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #45  

Just hanging out here in chat with the tumble weeds...
It is so hard having such a long journey ahead of us. I was feeling too good about my loss, until I unexpectedly caught a side ways glimpse of myself in a mirror. I thought how can I have lost this much weight and still be this fat? It hopefully was a good thing because I need a kick in the butt to get going again.
How is everyone else doing?