Old 07-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread July 2017

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #2  

I am determined to make July a great month for weight loss.
Who is with me???

This morning I realized I have been testing myself to see if I was allowed to be human and eat what I wanted. Yes I can BUT do I want to eat garbage all the time? Do I want to have the poor health and weight gain that comes from eating garbage? No.

Also for the millionth time I reminded myself I do not have to eat every leftover. It is OK to throw food away. I hate waste and sometimes I make more then we need. If I don't pass it along to the grown kids then it is OK to toss it out. I will try harder to make smaller portions.

How is everyone doing?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #3  

I am feeling the urge to clean and deal with my clutter. This is always a good sign for weight loss. It means I am willing to do things and make changes even if it is difficult. It all goes hand in hand.
Have a peaceful on plan day!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Ubee...sounds like you are stepping into a great frame of mind.
I agree...why do we thinking rewarding ourselves for weight loss with crappy food is a good idea? I don't know how that started but it's quite silly actually. We wouldn't reward ourselves for a raise by throwing the extra money into the fireplace and call that success...we would call that ridiculous.

I ordered another strawberry shortcake figurine this weekend and WHEN I make my next mini goal I'm getting a display case for them. It's corny but it's working

Don't forget if you can post here...you have three minutes to pop on our exercise thread and post there too!!

Here's to the beginning of a super month!!!
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #5  

Sweetcakes funny that you should bring up exercise. I haven't been exercising at all, though I did go for a walk the other day. Today when I was busy talking to myself I heard some great wisdom from 3FC that must have seeped into my brain. Everyday I make my bed, do the dishes, make meals,... I do not stop and think should I do it. I know it needs to be done so I do it. Why do I think of exercise any differently?
Well, not any more. Sweetcakes you will be seeing me in your exercise thread. Starting today. If you don't see me, call me on it.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/195

Height: 5'8"

In the past 2 weeks since I started my summer job, I've felt like I have no free time and I was so tired. I think I've finally adjusted to the shift in sleep patterns and also started doing my "real" work instead of just training. My weight loss slammed to a halt, but my body is getting smaller. Hopefully the weight will start going down again! I know it's great that I'm losing inches, but I need to be under 300 to safely ride my bike and under 275 to use my kayak.

I had two physically intense days in a row. I went on a 4.5 mile hike around a lake yesterday. It was so beautiful - the water was insanely clear and blue, and there was view of snow-capped peaks. It was also at around 3500 feet, so it was a little hard despite being relatively flat, and a lot of it didn't have shade. The sun and heat was very bad for me and I wasn't sure I could finish the hike. A good rest and a dunk in the cold water helped. I got in over 17,000 steps for the day. Today I stomped around a wetland mapping plants for my job. The morning was great, but then the sun came out Parts of the wetland had been mowed to remove unwanted cat tails, and the crunchy dead stalks were left on the ground. It was hard stepping over them, plus I had big clunky boots (my supervisor ordered me the wrong size and wouldn't exchange them for me). My hips and calves were hurting by the end of the day and I was very tired out from the sun! I logged my 12,000 step goal at work with no problem. It should be easier from here since this was the biggest wetland and we finished walking most of it. I'm actually quite proud that I made it through today without keeling over!
OrionNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #7  

Orion, your hike sounds so beautiful. Your job sounds like well, work. You should be very proud of yourself for not keeling over. Losing inches is very rewarding, hopefully it means a big whoosh is headed your way.

Yesterday was busy with the whole family over. By the time I went to bed I felt like a truck had run me over. It was a good day with memories to cherish. This morning I was rewarded with the scale moving back down and my rings loose again.
I did have a NSV moment. The other day I looked down while I was sitting and noticed my legs looked longer. They looked longer because my stomach is shrinking. As an apple shaped woman this is very exciting!

Last edited by Ubee; 07-04-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

My goal for July is to get in the habit of sticking to the meals I log for the next day in MyFitnessPal. I want to be firmly in the habit of planning and eating healthy meals before school starts again in mid-August. The problem I forsee after DD and I start school is that I have a morning class one day a week, so I will have to drop her off and go straight to class, which means I've got to find time to eat breakfast while getting her ready for school. I also want to be in the habit of exercising at least six days a week. I started lifting weights, but I started too heavy, and now one of my arms is really sore, so I will be taking a few days off of lifting while my arms recovers, then starting again with lighter weights. In the meantime, I will continue my interval walking.
I did not eat healthily yesterday because I was at the doctor's most of the day, and had to go the grocery store after while I was really hungry. Ended up buying chips and baked goods, and then eating them all.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #9  

Sencha my goal for July is to exercise at least 10 minutes a day.
Sam I Am, makes egg muffin like things in a muffin pan for the week so she can just pop them in the microwave and go. They are kind of like an omelet.
Grocery shopping while hungry is so expensive. Plus all the temptation. I stopped being such a control freak and now send my husband because my impulse control at grocery stores is nonexistent.
I realized I only have 4 days of eating special occasions left this summer.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #10  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Ladies,
I'm up early to prepare for a swim party. My grandson is here and I am having 2 friends over with their kids. Going to be a fun day. I asked the moms to bring a packed lunch. I just don't want to be tempted with food not on my plan. We are going to have a great time.

Sweetcakes I've been posting my minutes on the exercise threat, just not enough. I need to make it a regular daily 30 minute activity. I am finding it a distraction from thinking about food to get I the pool for thirty minutes mid afternoon. Then I can bridge the time until dinner with some water or coffee. The Intermittent fasting is working well.

Ubee Happy for you to see that scale moving in the right direction. It sure feels good to notice part of your body changing. For me it's my feet. Swelling has gone. I've been wearing flip flops for so long I forget what normal shoes feel like. Thank god it's Florida.

Sencha When my kids were in school we had a rule that the TV would not go on until everyone was dressed, shoes were on and backpack was at the door. You may want to try something like that. A reward of 15 minutes or so of an activity for your daughter when she's 100% ready to go would give you a breakfast time.
Eating on the go (in the car) is just the worst habit I have. Recently I have started following Dr. Judith Beck's program and one of the first things I have changed is to only eat when I am sitting down at the table. (having a meal). No drive thru's and no tasting and snacking whilst I am cooking.

OrionNebula I am just speechless at your activity level. In my wildest dreams I could not accomplish all you are doing. The scale has to reflect it soon.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Sencha my goal for July is to exercise at least 10 minutes a day.
Sam I Am, makes egg muffin like things in a muffin pan for the week so she can just pop them in the microwave and go. They are kind of like an omelet.
Grocery shopping while hungry is so expensive. Plus all the temptation. I stopped being such a control freak and now send my husband because my impulse control at grocery stores is nonexistent.
I realized I only have 4 days of eating special occasions left this summer.
How is everyone else doing?
Ubee, I am the opposite. If I send DH to the store for one thing, he comes home with every junk food they have! Chips, cakes, ice cream. LOL I am so much better if I go myself and leave him home. I'm great at sticking to my list.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #12  

Hi Carol, my husband does buy treats for himself. He likes chips and soda. Those are two things that do not tempt me.
Ann, it must be so nice to have a pool. I admire your new commitment to eat only at the table. Glad IF is working well for you. One of the things I love about fasting and The Beck Diet Solution is that both can be used with any eating plan. Please correct me if I am wrong but you seem more upbeat since discovering Beck.?
I just realized it is Friday and I do not have a plan in place for the weekend. The weekends are my weakness. I am a routine girl. I know that failing to plan is planning to fail...
Old 07-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Today I did as another member suggested and picked up some protein bars to keep in my purse for emergencies. Came in handy because I had to go the grocery today before I had breakfast, and I ate my protein bar before I got to the store and did just fine! Nothing jumped into my cart that wasn't on the list!
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #14  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Ubee, you are right. I am feeling great. Even though I don't want to put a lot of emphasis on the numbers, its hard not to. I also started a Facebook blog (of sorts). It may sound weird but two things I am getting from this website 1) looking at the before and after photos. 2) Being part of this group helps. It seems like for the past year I was I the only person in the room who weighed over 200lbs. At any event the same thing. Also I am a Realtor and it was getting hard for me to show properties (up and down stairs). I wasn't confident with my physical presentation. I clearly see a light at the end of the tunnel - way way down there is a pinhole of light.
I will start to feel better at 250lbs.
I so appreciate your feedback and understanding. You are exactly the kind of person I love to help keep me accountable.

anniemaxx
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #15  

Good job Sencha! I just love all the great ideas I get from everyone on 3FC.
Ann, I know the number is not supposed to be so important... but being under 250 is magic for me. I feel so much better. I am so much more likely to get up and do something right away instead of waiting or asking someone else to do it.
I still look at before and after photos because it helps me visualize what I have trouble seeing in my mirror.
I also can relate to being the biggest person in the room. I just realized that since I feel better about my weight I no longer look around to see if I am!!! WOW! Light bulb moment.
Thank you for the kind things you said. I am not always confident about my comments/responses on 3 FC.
3 Fat Chicks has been a Godsend for me. On here we are all in the same boat. In real life my friends and I all tried to support each other and we all ended up gaining. As a bonus on here I can read and talk about dieting... all day. In real life no body wants to do that.