Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Managed to drop 15 pounds this week. Always love how quickly it comes off in the beginning when doing low carb. If I can get another 30 or so off before my surgery, my surgeon will be very pleased. It wasn't a requirement by him, but he did suggest losing 50-60 pounds pre-op.

Even happier that I'm out of those scary 4's!

Last edited by kayleystar; 08-03-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the 300's and i agree it is a good feeling to get out of the 4's.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning on. It's another scorcher here (ok, it's in the 80s, but for the NW having day after day of temps in the 80s is considered an assault on our senses). The whole family will be here for dinner tonight, and the older nephew and his family will be spending the night. So that will be 5 adults, 2 little kids, and 4 dogs. Yep, now I remember why I have this big house.

Fi Yep, I'm a fixer, but I think a part of me would literally die if I gave that up. BUT, do need to fix me, too. Hope by the time you read this the babies are home and getting acclimated. And your day with Grace sounds perfect. Your collage is beautiful -- this one is one of my favorites.

Ubee I think we should write a book together -- "Justifications for Avoiding Housework" -- as I'm sure it would be a best seller. The floors got done.......sort of. I did the Swiffering to get all the mulch and dirt and junk that Toby brings in out from under furniture and at least in a pile. Then I vacuumed upstairs and down. Then I decided that with all these people and 4 dogs that actually scrubbing all these floors was dumb. So I put it off until......Have you noticed that when you pass by some food and say Evil Evil out loud that the aisle miraculously clears? Wonder if that will work at the checkout! Congrats on the salad and I know what you mean about salads becoming a favorite food. I'm trying to broaden my horizons -- as opposed to the broadening of the back end horizon -- and make lots of different kinds of salads like 3 beans, cucumber and onion, etc.

Jane Ubee and I want to be in the know on how your doing pet sitting ended up costing you $450.....aren't you supposed to get paid for that? Or at least get a nice hostess gift when it's for a friend? But, I digress. Happy Dietaversary (that's wrong....). And, again, so glad you're back among the peeps.

Kayley I'm in shock over losing 15 pounds in a week. I've gained that much before (just last week in fact), but it's never come off that fast. Way to go with getting down before the surgery!

Terra Did you get your 5 miles evening walk in? It would have to cool off a lot before I could do 5 miles!

Sam Just take care of you and DH. And know that we're all here for you.

Guess I'd better get it in gear. We're having grilled chicken and ribs for dinner tonight (don't ask....I spoil them), roasted fingerling potatoes (a specific request from the birthday boy), roasted veggies from my garden (a specific request from the cook), Caesar salad, fruit salad in a watermelon bowl (the little boys will love it!), garlic cheese bread (a specific request from my niece), and dessert. There will be snacks before hand, but I'm going to just eat what I'm allowed to eat and leave it at that. Guess I'd better get it in gear. Have a great day.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Betsy your weekend sounds so lovely. I hope you enjoy your time with family. I know what you mean about cleaning...I am not a fan but it has to get done right? I need to work on my place too.

Fi I hope you and the kitties make it home safe today. My cats have definitely been a big help for me and DH through our grieving process. They know when we're upset and have been cuddling real close to us at night...more than usual since my friend died. Animals are wonderful creatures and I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Well I got on the scale and come to my surprise I lost 1 pound. Last week I had a gain of 2 so I lost half of that. Considering my choice of food these past few days I'm pretty happy about then 1 pound. It could have been a lot worse. I will be back on the straight and narrow this week with working out and eating right. I can't let my hard work go to waste because I lost a friend. I know he wouldn't want that for me.

I woke up pretty late today...just about an hour ago. Its been gloomy and raining for days now but considering my mental and emotional state I haven't minded it much. My oldest cat was piled up beside me when I woke and just gave me a look where I thought if she could talk she'd be telling me everything is going to be ok....and it will be...I just have to remember that my friend is no longer hurting or dealing with the daily mental struggles of being an addict. I just wish he would have had more time with us. He was only a month older than me so I was always his little sister. He was gone too soon but at least he doesn't have to struggle anymore.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and thank you all for being so patient and loving towards me. It means more than you'll ever know and is so helpful during such a hard time in my life...I'm so lucky to have friends like you.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #20  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

sam I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about you.

Betsey you are supposed to get paid. However I'm stuck with a particularly dumb dog. He impaled his shoulder on something (I have no idea what) when he took off after a cat. So it had to be stitched up and have a drain inserted. It's going to be a long convo with his owners when they get home, but he's fine and they're traveling with a month old baby so I wasn't going to tell them and add to the stress.

ubee I was going to be completely done a year ago. At this rate by 2055 I may be where I want to be. I'd really like to know where my momentum went!

Did you know you can buy a weight loss spell on Etsy? 25 bucks. Here I've been dieting all this time. Silly me.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Evening!
Jane at this point I am willing to try a spell. Just don't want to pay for it.
Sam I hope you know we feel lucky to have you. There was a very traumatic time in our lives where it felt like we were being kept alive for/by our kitty. Take care of yourself and I am very pleased to see you posting. Hugs.
Betsy what did you make for dessert? How did the self control go? I agree cleaning before that crew visited would have been obsessive.
Kaylee 15 pounds is amazing. Love your attitude about getting as much off before surgery. I would think it would make it easier for the surgeon too. OK not sure if that is true but it makes sense in my little brain.
Terra did you get a walk in today?
Fi how is motherhood?
Silent how are you feeling? I am worried about you!
Angie, Tiffany... how are you?
I need your help. I am going to start a one week POP thread and I would appreciate those of you who feel up to it to join me.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #22  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oscar and Nénu (pronounced "nay-noo") are safely home, and I can think of nothing else but my babies! Yesterday couldn't have been more perfect: when Bob and I first arrived at our breeder's, we were immediately struck dizzy with joy to be surrounded by so many lively, affectionate adult oriental shorthairs. At the door they mobbed us the way dogs do, rubbing against us, jumping onto us, offering us toys to throw for them—and so gorgeous, every one of them....WOW. And then we went upstairs to the nursery (the master bedroom) and immediately fell in love with our dear little kittens, sleeping wrapped in each other's arms, in a cat bed on top of the human bed.

After that, the time went quickly. We had lots to learn about our kittens and all the other cats from Julie, and lots to catch up on since the last time we saw each other. We went out briefly to lunch at a diner, but otherwise spent our time enveloped in the company of many charming orientals. The collage titled "friendship" I'd made as a gift for Julie and Roy was a big hit: they asked lots of questions about how I made it and just couldn't have been more sweet & appreciative.

Then it was time to drive home with Oscar & Nénu! Much to our amazement, they slept through the whole 3 1/2 hour trip, sacked out in the same cat bed we met them in (smelling like home), inside of a small traveling crate, buckled securely in the back seat. We didn't hear one peep out of them, the whole way.

But when they emerged in our nursery, the master bedroom (& bath) of our house, they were full of crazy energy, happily exploring every nook & cranny, finding their water & food bowls, their litter box, their scratching pad, trying everything out as if they'd just checked into a fancy hotel. =laugh= And of course lots of time exploring Bob and me, too, batting at our toes & fingers, snuggling up against our bodies, eagerly participating in games with us....and so on.

We all four slept together in bed last night, despite the fact that Bob and I had provided them with a cushy new cat bed with a warming pad under it. They thoroughly checked out their new cat bed, but when it came time to sack out, they wanted to be with us!

I just took a photo with my iPad: the two are curled up in Bob's lap while he's reading in bed. Nénu's head is on top, Oscar's below. Here's the photo..

Back to kitten-land! =big smile=
Old 08-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon!

Fi they are so precious! I am so happy for the four of you.

Kinda quiet in here...
Old 08-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #24  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Oh no I dont do the 5 miles outside, I would die, I do 5 miles with with Leslie Sansone, I do the 2 miles twice and then I do the 1 mile walk once which totals 5 miles.

Ubee ~ No I didnt I got up very early yesterday morning so by the time mom went to bed I went to bed not long after but I'll be sure to get my walk in tonight and I'll walk outside tomorrow morning as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up later then I normally do, I woke up around 10:30 am but I still got my morning duties done for the day, Now Im just posting on here and on two other forums, Waiting for mom to get home so we can go to Dillions. As always the only plan I have for today besides going to dillions is to get my evening walk in tonight.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-05-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #25  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Hello, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #26  
Turning Into A New Woman

milliej ~ Welcome to the thread and forum if your new to the forum too. Its nice to have you here
Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Betsy - That feast sounds DELICIOUS. I haven't had ribs in forever! Hope you had a wonderful day.

SamIAm - I hope that today finds you well, and you are taking care of yourself. *hugs*

RadioJane - Well, if we would have only known all it takes is a spell! All this time wasted! lol

Ubee - The more weight I can lose before the surgery the better. The more fat that is gone, makes it easier for him to move around in there, lol. Plus, from what the nurses told me, the more you lose before the surgery, the more you'll lose post-op. So I'm busting my behind. I just wish I was pain-free enough that I could add exercise back in. Perhaps in a couple of weeks.

I'm always up for a little challenge, so I'll definitely join you in your POP Challenge.

Fiona - Your new babies....they are just gorgeous! Enjoy your time with them, and keep the pics coming.

Milliej - WELCOME! Tell us a little bit about yourself.

---------------

Insurance companies are so frustrating. I've been having a lot of medical issues this year, however I've gotten hardly any bills at all from various doctors, etc. $25 here and there. However, according to my insurance company, I'm only $100 from meeting my deductible for the year. Well, okay then. I got a statement that shows my financial responsibility being around $1,500 from various testing, however I've yet to see a bill.

Found out that my responsibility for the surgery will be 20%. I need to contact the surgeon's office and see just how much that will be. So worried it's going to be an insane amount. Hubby & I talked though, and no matter the cost, it'll be worth it for my health. I'd rather pay the money now, than to have to have knee surgery/back surgery/diabetes, etc., later.

I was diagnosed with a bulging disk in my neck about 4 months ago. Since then, I've been on a steady regimen of vicodin (6 times a day), and Ibuprofen 6 times a day. The pain has lessened to the point where I'm not taking the Vicodin anymore, and I'm down to Ibuprofen about 3 times a day now! Just have to keep positive that I'll be pain free (hopefully) soon.

Last edited by kayleystar; 08-04-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #28  
Turning Into A New Woman

Kayleystar ~ Im so sorry I havent welcomed you to the thread and forum if your new to the forum also but Welcome, We're glad to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #29  

Good Morning!
Terra did you buy anything at Dillions? Let me guess purple is your favorite color??? I like your new trackers especially the first one since it is moving down!
Kayley that is so great that you have gotten off the vicoden! You are right you are worth the $ and should not wait until you are older to get your weight under control. I am so glad your hubby is in your corner. I'm so happy to see you in my POP challenge. I just need a week of POP days to know I've still got it in me.
Welcome millie! when you are ready please share more. Mind if I ask what plan you are following?
I had a POP day yesterday which was a miracle. My daughters autism was in full force so I am really proud of myself!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #30  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Hello all. Guess I'll tell you a bit about myself. I am 29, from Ohio engaged with two dogs. I have recently stated over in losing weight. Ubee you asked what plan I am following, I am following my own plan of sorts. I go to WW meetings, but I don't do WW points. It just does not work for me, I am not a fan of the WW tracking app and much prefer MFP (my username is milliejd on MFP). with MFP I really focus on calories in vs calories out. Using my BMR I know what I need to eat and burn to lose the # of pounds I want to that week. That just seems to work best for me, I guess you can see I like control. I know what 500 calories "mean" but not really want 5 WW points mean, if that makes sense.

My motivation is a few things. I am getting married next year and we want to have a baby soon after, and I want to be as healthy as possible for that. Also my mother died when I was in college and I want to make sure I am around for my kids.
Closed Thread