Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, quick check in...

Didnt lose any this week and had a small gain in my measurments but maybe its muscle. Been really busy at the home front so I havent been able to post

Dean, glad to see you are back dear...make sure you take care of you first...we'll always be here for ya

Got to see a friend of mine today whom I have not seen in a couple of years. The last time I saw him he was about 160lbs and strung out on heroin. He's been in treatment and was home visiting for a couple of days. He's close to probably 290 now...he seems healthier and I hope this treatment works out for him. I've known him since high school and was in a band with DH for a good while when they traveled the country and Canada...he's family.

Got some good thrift store finds today....a pair of sleep pants, a skirt in a XL and a pair of size 18 jeans...never thought I'd see that!!

Anyway I'm off for now. I gotta get to bed early now since school is back in session and I have to pass by 3 schools on my way to work.

Night!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #137  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Can you guys believe its the last week of Aug. already? It went by so fast.

Betsy ~ Yeah its a nice group to belong too.

Ubee ~ Actually I still trying to work up to 5 miles, Its taken a while. The most I've been able to work up to so far was 4 miles each day but I hope to work up to 5 miles soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 3 am again this morning. So I definitely probably take a nap later on today. As with each morning I already have my morning duties done. Right now Im about to fix breakfast, Its 5:30 am right now. My plans for today is to FINALLY get the bathroom cleaned and hopefully I FINALLY get 5 miles in. At 2:30 pm we're gonna go to Walmart to do some food and non food shopping and those are all my plans for today.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-26-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Back with some target brand "donut shop" coffee this morning...

New doc was GREAT, and the reason for the black coffee was so that she could get good readings on blood tests, etc., one of those "fasting" things...

Biggest factor for clots is always air travel, but I had one of the genetic factors that makes me "predisposed" to clotting, too. Of course, they always say you're more at risk if you're heavy, too. You just can't win, LOL.

Everyone have a great week!

Dean
Old 08-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Stormy morning to be followed by a muggy afternnoon. Tomorrow should be nice.
Dean I am sorry you are going through this but I want to thank you for sharing it with us. I sometimes forget all the risks that come with being obese.
Terra I hope you are loading that cart up with lots of veggies!
Sam good to see you! (Yes, I am a worry wart!) Aren't you just tickled pink by those size 18's? I hope to see you on here again today.
Today I am going to make a chart for my daily goals. Water, exercise, vitamins, floss, no sugar, no gluten. I am feeling OCDish so I will not like a ugly black mark on my pretty chart. Hey, whatever it takes to get the fat off.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #140  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Dean— Gee, that was one scary experience you had with those clots. I'm glad you have faith in your doctor and hope it's all resolving now.

Terra— Good job that you're up to 4 miles a day! If I can achieve that some day, I'll be a happy camper.

Ubee— Good luck with your daily charting: sometimes being OC about weight loss goals is very helpful. Terrific that you did five leg lifts! Try to do 8 the next time, 4 on on your side and 4 on your back. If you alternate legs between days, you'll be able to slowly increase the number of lifts.

Sam— Size 18 jeans—way to go girl! One or even two weeks without a loss is no big deal: sometimes your body has to stop on the way down and consolidate the losses so far. I know that happens to me.

Betsy— That was both courageous and smart of you to calculate the calories for what would've been a cheat day, and good for you that you figured out a way to make it a more on-plan meal for you. You are really getting with the program!

shinesgirl— Howdy! I hope that soon you will be posting every day. It really helps to check in, even if things aren't going that well.

Well, Mary set off this morning for her trek back (1100 miles!) to Minnesota. We had such a satisfying Binge. What with the interruptions, we didn't watch as many movies this year, but with just a couple of exceptions, the ones we did watch were top-notch. It's so much easier to screen them than it used to be, since almost all of them we streamed right off Netflix or Amazon. We also watched all of Season Four of "Game of Thrones," which was amazingly excellent. The changes the writers are making from the book version really make the emotional moments hit home. What superb acting that series has! And speaking of excellent series, Mary brought with her the whole DVD set of "The Wire," on loan, which I hope I can talk Bob into watching with me. Mary and I only see each other for five days a year, but we sure do make the most of them. We did our usual exchange of gifts, and she gave me a gorgeous black cloth messenger bag with Godzilla on it—the Japanese characters for "Gojira" in bright red. I love the way the cloth is all frayed around the edges. I'm going to find that bag especially useful for taking books to the farm.

The biggest news from the Binge, though, is that I didn't go off plan even once. Most importantly, I did not have one single cookie the whole time—woo hoo! I had a bit more carbos than usual, because Mary and I have a tradition of making a huge bowl of tabouli to sustain us through our movie-watching, but I partially made up for eating the bulghur wheat by skipping my muesli most of the nights.

Today I slipped easily right back into my modified Atkins regime. I didn't do my monthly weigh-in on the 22nd, because it fell right in the middle of the festivities, but so what? I look forward to seeing where I'll be on September 22nd, and to putting another data point on my downward-sloping graph. Tonight I did three sets of lifts with my left leg, 120 per set. I know that soon I'll be back up to my usual 600 per night.

Last edited by Fiona W; 08-25-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #141  

Good Morning!

Early day at the office-some "carrot cake" coffee... Not bad at all.

A bit sore today, but the doc said that the body has to absorb/route around the clots, and I may have some odd soreness. Oh well. The thinners prevent the clots from moving while the body deals with them.

Everyone have a great day!

Dean
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #142  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh darn, both the kittens and I have infections, plural. They had had ringworm (a fungus) in their cattery, and my breeder syspected it was a human strain, since only the kittens had it. They were "dipped" for it, and it was supposed to be cleared up, but increasingly Nénu's ears have been looking patchy and dirty, so I've been worried. And then just this morning I was scratching at an itch, and I noticed I have the characteristic ring-shaped lesions myself, on my arms and legs both. Arrrgggh! So now the cats need to go back to the vet, plus I need to see my primary-care doc, to get the fungicidal pills. I've had a very bad fungal infection in the past, so I'm not messing around with topical creams on this.

Meanwhile, both kittens still have the upper respiratory infection they've had since arrival. Two antibiotics so far haven't touched it, so we got an expensive panel for viruses and suchlike.

I'm feeling less and less comfortable about stressing the kittens by taking them to the farm with us, which means I'm going to ask Bob if he can go by himself to supervise the painting of my auxiliary studio. He's asleep right now. He isn't going to like this. And no, I don't know if he has any fungal lesions himself. I warned Mary by email, because we did share a towel in the kitchen.

Isn't this all a pain in the you-know-what? =big sigh=
Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #143  

Hi Everyone!
Fi so sorry about the kitties. We once were given kitties with fleas. I feel for you. Hope you are all healthy soon and Bob finds the strength to go to the farm so things can get done.
Dean it is so nice to hear your coffee updates again. How are your doggies doing?
I am doing better with everything since I started my chart and am sticking to plan on everything but portions. That part is getting better. I feel so much less bloated. I feel good and peaceful.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #144  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Mom was the one that was shopping, I just went with her to get out of the house

Fiona ~ Thanks, I know you'll get to 4 miles too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My day started at 7:20 am this morning. At 7:30 am my mom and I left the house to start our day, We went to Home Depot to pick up some site to store items and then we went dillions and then we went to my doctor's appointment and then we came home for the day. I took a nap from noon to 3 pm. We ate dinner around 4 pm and then when my mom went to bed I did my 2 mile walk. Im about to take a shower and head to bed.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #145  

Oh darn, I'd just typed up my message & for some reason it all went "poof".

~sigh~ the temp has been in the 90's for the last 2 wks & it's really starting to get to me - it's too hot to get much done indoors & too hot to go out, lol.

Fiona W - What a shame that you have the ringworm issue to deal with - I hope it all clears up fast!

Terra - Do you listen to music when you go for your walk? Is it always the same route?

Betsey - I am so impressed by you doing that menu switch! *applause*
Since it's the 2nd time, then I hope you find your nursing duties much easier!

vwdeano - You've inspired me (w/ your mention of "donut shop" coffee) to actually have a cup of coffee for the first time in about 6 weeks! I generally give up hot drinks in the Summer, but I sure do miss my coffee!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #146  

Ubee - What a good idea you had to make a chart to track yr pills, water etc.. (Naturally I'm assuming it will involve glitter, lol) I'm stealing your idea, but I'll use a mini flip top note book instead. How much water do you drink each day? I like water & drink a lot of it, but I haven't been keeping track of the amount.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #147  

Hazelnut today...

Doggies are well. We had to switch them to "wet" or canned food, because the little girl stays a bit too slender. She would just graze. Cuda (the boy) is about the right size, because he'll sit down and eat a meal, more or less, but Kitten (the little girl) would just grab a few pieces of dry food and then not touch it for a good while. Now we feed them separately, and she seems to be filling out a bit. We're giving them the good stuff, I think they may eat better than WE do.

They were in hog heaven when I was home for three weeks after the clots. They love having someone at home.

Rode the motorcycle in today. I've been avoiding it because I'm on blood thinners, but I was bundled up in all the safety gear. Too nice not to get the bike out.

Have a great day!

Dean
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #148  

Good Morning!
Green tea instead of coffee for me today.
Dean I am not suprised your dogs eat better then you. As I recall you are quite the doggie daddy. Good for you for getting on your bike and living. I let fear control too much of my life.
Shinesgirl no glitter. I am a plain Jane type. I drink 64ounces a day. I like water I just like eating food more...
Terra did you start that exercise class at school yet?
I am feeling a little groggy today may have to make some coffee. Nothing big planned just a lot of little jobs I've been putting off.
Have peaceful day.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Hi all. Just a quick swing through to catch up on what everyone is doing and let you know I'm still amongst the living. Hope you'll excuse the lack of personal greetings -- just wanted you all to know that in reading everyone's posts it feels like reconnecting with a family member who has been away (it's only been 3 days, but feels like a month!).

Bill came through the surgery just fine, has had almost no pain, and he was up and walking down the hall yesterday for PT. We have our training class that I have to attend today, then he has PT and then they're releasing him. Just in time for me to get him home for supper. I've got the house all set up so there will be fewer trips into town (25 miles one way), but the long days begin now. He'll be here a couple of weeks and then 4 weeks of me driving him around to appointments, PT, etc. The big thing he hates is having to wear the anti-embolism socks for the whole 6 weeks because he's prone to blood clots (nothing like what you're dealing with, Dean).

Don't know when I'll post again, but be well everyone.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #150  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Nope not yet, Im still needing members

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up around 6 am this morning, Wanting to get up at 5 am but when I woke up at 6 am the alarm was turned off but I know that I turned it on before I went to sleep. Anyway today I went to school for a meeting. I took a nap at 3:30 pm today until 6 pm and then I got up and ate dinner and now Im just on here while watching t.v. I'll go to bed at 10 pm tonight so in about 2 hours. I finally got the bathroom cleaned yesterday though so thats good. I took today off from exercising but I'll start back up tomorrow morning when I go for my morning walk.
Closed Thread