Old 06-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Katt... that definitely looks like a water weight gain and I am betting it will be long gone by next week!

Easily Amused... Thanks! How was your weekend?

Mandy... Awesome loss! I hope your kitty is recovering well.

Wannaskip... Hurry back to us ASAP.

Ubee... How are you doing?

I will admit that I am feeling a bit lost because my scale broke last week. For some reason, it's making me feel out of control, even though my eating habits have not changed. Mind tricks!! A new scale has been shipped, so just need to hang in there. Since Friday is a holiday here in the US, I'll have to do my WI on Wednesday or Thursday this week (haven't decided which day).

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #272  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 225.6 (-1.2) TOM
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 220.6 (-5)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 217 (-3.6)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 216.4 (-.6) TOM
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 214.6 (-1.8)
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 214 (-.6) Officially 15 lbs away from onderland!
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 213 (-1)
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 212.2 (-.8) TOM. Have you ever just had a huge woosh and TOM took it from right under your feet? Yeah that happened to me. GRRRR.
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 207.2 (-5)

Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Way to go!! Congrats on the great loss.
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #274  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

STEPHANIE - Great about the new scale .. Im at a loss without my darn tape measure!! I dont use it often but it sure would have helped last week and darned if I can find it lol .. but I do understand that out of control feeling ... its almost like knowing that little machine is in the next room (or that I have to walk past it) keeps you from going too far off the rails

WATCH - WAHOOOO .. that is a SCORE!!! lol ... Im sure that definitely makes up for last week .. and Im crossing fingers I have the same reaction

Snuck on the scale this morning before I had breakfast and happily back under 240 .. just .. but its under .. so Im thinking positively for Friday ..

Yesterday I went to the gym .. as I didn't start work til a little later I got to spend more time at the gym too So I did 45 minutes on the treadmill .. the last few weeks I have been picking the weightloss program level 4 when Im doing 30 min and level 3 when Im doing 45 ... but yesterday I did Level 5!! And it was definitely a more brisk pace for longer .. a few times I had the thought of lowering the speed or finishing a little earlier .. but I kept at it and managed to get to the end ... THEN .. I tried a full circuit and this time not just the weight lifting ones but the cardio ones in between each of them .. so there were 15 machines and each one was 1 minute .. I was definitely feeling it by the 15th one lol .. after that it was a 30 min sauna! That was definitely the reward I was worried because of the extra work I did yesterday that I would be a bit sore today .. but nope .. feeling all good So that is definitely an improvement from when I first signed up with the gym Could barely walk the next day lol. Im only exercising one of my arms though because my right one still isn't right .. back to the doctors today to see if there is something else I need to do .. possibly physio ...

So I have the day off today .. I was going to bake for tomorrow .. but Im baking on Thursday this week instead to take to work on Friday .. just as something different lol .. instead I have the docs at about 10am .. then after that Im heading for the gym to try to beat what I did yesterday lol .. I am a little competitive for sure lol. I also need to find out when my 6 week check in at the gym is ... I haven't really gone down a lot since I started there .. but Im hoping that my fat percentage has gone down at least a little bit (was 49% when I signed back up with them) ... or maybe my measurements are down a little .. if so then I will be very happy with that .. mind you .. depends on how much lol.

My little Chihuahua Gizmo is doing a little better today .. she even had her cereal (she has the same as me in the morning ... well she did before she got sick) so thats a good thing She is curled up next to me on the couch at the moment while we watch a lil TV before I head out ... but she will be happy I will be home early to cuddle up ..

Soup for dinner tonight ... was going to have it last night but ended up get Pita Pit instead lol .. so hunny and I are having soup .. the weather is a little yucky today so a nice bowl of hot soup will be great

Will catch up again later and let you know if I managed to do ok at the gym or not lol.
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #275  
Trying again

EASILY - That is great about your measurements ... Im gonna have to hunt for the ones I did last August and then find my darn tape measure to see if there is any changes other than the weight .. dont get me wrong .. happy about the weight loss .. but Im the only one that sees the scales .. so really its the measurements that count right? And YAY about being into new numbers too Im hoping for the same this week

So went to the docs this morning ... he isn't happy with the fact I am still not really resting the arm lol . BUT .. I now have a gorgeous looking brace to wear (please note there is a lot of sarcasm in that statement) .. he would prefer it on 24 hours for the next week .. but I have just had to take it off cos my hand was getting numb. As long as I wear it at work and gym and just rest my arm at home it will be all good Got to find a Physio too so that is something else to fit in

After the docs I went to the gym .. my ankle was a little sore today so only did 35 minutes .. but it was level 5 Then it was 20 minutes of circuit training .. followed by a much needed 20 minute sauna Leg is a little sore but feeling great

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home because the boneless chicken breasts were only $8 (NZ) per kg! (thats about $7US per 2.2 pounds) .. trust me that is a great price over here ... more often than not its twice that price! There were limits on how much you could get .. so I went to another market on the way home so I could get a little more lol .. now have a freezer nicely filled with my yummy chicken

Home again now ... chilling with my fur-babies ... soup for dinner tonight with a nice little bit of bread ... and maybe a little custard and fruit for dessert

Hugs all
Old 07-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #276  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Easily - YAY for breaking that cycle! Keep it up!

Katt - you must have shared your sore ankle with me, because I had to tone down my walk on the treadmill today, too, because it was bothering me! (I have a partially torn ligament that is very temperamental). Awesome find on the chicken boobies! I love it when I can find them for $2 per pound over here, or marked down because they are within 2 days of the 'sell by' date. Best time to stock the freezer! I found some organic chicken boobies at the store a couple days ago and got 2 flats of them (5 pieces each) for less than 12 dollars. So, I know the feeling!

Also, I wanted to share with you guys (because I forgot to post it here... I just posted it in my other thread)... my results from measurement thingies...

In the last 3 weeks, I've lost 4.25 inches over 5 different areas, as well as dropped 1.3 points on my body fat % (according to the machine I use)... So, good news! Tomorrow's "official" weigh in will tell me how much I lost for June.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #277  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Sheepish Sue here... Looking at all the pictures you all have posted.. Well you all are lovely and wonderful and GORGEOUS (and in love in alot of them) ladies ... Ahhhhh Someday I will post a picture if I can only get into the techi world LOL I will take the time to catch up to you all.. but I read your posts and am grateful that I am a part of you wonderful people... So Thankful!

SW 4/28 225.8
Lbs to lose: 29 lbs
GW - 196.8 oh wow

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 222.2 (-3.6 ) Total loss= 3.6 good start!
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: DNW (Bad Sue!)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 229.0 (+6.8) total loss = +3.2 boo..GONE next week!
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 224.2 (-4.8) total loss = 1.6 so far .. sigh
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 220.4 (-3.8) total loss = -5.4 total Yay! did a fat fast last weekend
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 218.4 (-2.0) total loss = -7.4 cool beans!
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 218.8 (+.4) total loss = -7.0 Should be 12 by now!
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 220.2 (+1.4) total loss -5.6 (note I did get up to 225)
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 220.6 (+.4) total loss -5.2 I am finally going down and Boy do I need to move the right way!
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Old 07-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
That loud huffing and puffing you hear is me running alongside the wagon. I did not fall off, I jumped off. But like a shopping binge on the credit card I now have to work it off.
Sue good loss after a scary reminder of how fast it can go back on.
Mandy good job shrinking!
Katt so true about we all have to find out what works for us.
Easily congrats on the great year and all the progress you've made!
Watchout you are so close to saying goodbye to the 200's!
Stephanie good job staying focused. Scales are evil.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:15 AM   #279  
Trying again

Hi everyone .. how are we all doing today .... this week even

Had such a lovely afternoon with the fur-babies ... and I didn't end up having the custard and fruit for dessert .. was nicely filled up with my Chicken Soup with a little bit of Parmesan/Paprika Bread to sop it up with lol ... Nice and filling .. so I just had a cup of milo for supper Early night too!! Was asleep before midnight for a change .. woke up just after 6am!! Haven't slept through the night for a little while so it was lovely.

No gym day today ... wanted to rest my leg as it was a little stiff .. but will be back there tomorrow I did have to pop into the gym just after lunch time though .. which I didn't have until after the gym lol ... but it was my 4 week check up ... I knew the weight loss wouldn't be great .. but I was hoping for other results to be good:
Waist & Chest .. down 1cm
Arms .. down 0.5cm
Legs, Hips & Butt .. still the same

BUT .. my highlight which made my day ... my fat content has gone from 49.9% fat ... to ... 47.9%!!!! YAY So that has shown me that while the scales aren't showing what I am doing at least that is showing some change is going on .. so a good 4 week result

MANDY - Isn't it funny how excited we get over a bargain lol .. especially over boobies lol ... but considering its a main part of my diet its a great saving I can put towards other things (like my gym lol). Hope your foot is better today? Is it an old injury or a new one?? I had a funny accident (ok it wasn't funny at the moment it happened cos it hurt like blazes!) where I tore the ligament in my right ankle (which is the sore one at the moment) ... the funny part .. I was already on my way to an appointment at the hospital to get my left foot x-rayed because the bones hadn't set properly from the break I had ... so when the ambulance met the bus I was on (rush hour of course so I felt terrible for holding all those working people up from getting to work on time and they were so lovely and understanding) I asked them to contact radiology to let them know I would be late for my appointment .. when they asked why I had an appointment they didn't half laugh their tush off ... and I did end up getting it x-rayed at the same time .. and yep .. it was set wrong .. they wanted to rebreak it and I said no way lol

SUE - No need to be sheepish hun ... you are ahead of where you started in this challenge so that is something to focus on and be proud of

UBEE - You so make me smile and laugh lol .. that is one of the best descriptions of a slight detour on the journey that I have seen lol. Time to cut up that CC and yep .. work it off

Baking day tomorrow and Im still working out what I am going to cook .. I have a bunch of apples and some kiwifruit .. so I might make a Apple/Kiwi Crumble for hunny for dessert tomorrow ... and maybe a Spiced Apple slice to take to work for the customers ... plus the cupcakes .. or the brownie lol .. yeah .. not really decided yet lol.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #280  

Katt hearing you talk about your health issues reminded me of something that has been nagging me. I am one stiff old corpse! I need to find some stretching exercises that are not too boring.
Anyone have some inexpensive suggestions?
Also just wanted to share...My husband who had a triple bypass 4 years ago started following the Grain Brain diet with our whole family in Jan. and for the first time has TERRIFIC blood test results. So while I may not be dropping the weight as quick as I would like (or at all!) we are getting much healthier.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #281  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ubee - YAY for good blood results! As for stretching... Have you looked into some home beginners-yoga DVDs? Maybe Youtube will have some good videos as well.

Katt - Fat loss is the best! That means if your weight isn't changing, that you're gaining muscle, which will in turn boost your metabolism. My ankle injury is an old one... Oh man, must have been 6 or 7 years ago that I had what was initially believed to just be a bad sprain... and after several years of it not seeming to heal and causing me much pain by the ends of my shifts (I worked retail), I went to the doctor 3 different times. On the third visit I was like "okay y'all, this is my third visit in less than 2 years for the same problem... the prescription pain killers are nice, but I think something else is going on" and they finally referred me to a podiatrist who sent me to get an MRI and found one of the ligaments in my ankle is partially torn from the bone. It will require surgical repair or a lot of grin and bear it for the rest of my life, since the part that's torn away is refusing to reattach itself. Though, to be fair, I haven't done the "six full weeks of NO WEIGHT on your ankle!" thing that he wanted me to do (I asked if he was going to pay my bills while I missed 6 weeks of work)... So, I have the moon boot, and a hefty brace I can wear when things escalate, but most of the time it doesn't bother me.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #282  
Trying again

Hi all .. Im at home .. nope .. not at the gym as planned .. very gutted When I got home my nose was a little runny ... dont you hate it when you blow your nose but nothing comes out .. and then within 5 minutes its like a dripping tap .. but again blowing makes no difference!! Thats what it was like most of last night .. so I rubbed on some Vicks and had an early night thinking it would sod off as I slept .. but nope .. woke up with a sore throat and nose totally blocked up with a head pounding .. GRRRRR .. I HATE being sick in any way .. especially as I dont tend to take anything that isn't natural so it takes a little longer to get over things .. but Im staying home today .. drinking lots of lemon and honey with a little panadol and rubbing on the Vicks (gawd I stink!!!) .. and Im MISSING THE GYM!!! Roflmao .. NEVER thought I would ever say something like that hehehe .. but will be trying to get there in the morning before work .. will just have to see if I need to take my inhaler or not (hate having that too!) .. anyway .. onward and upward

I have a bunch of apples to do something with today .. so Im going to stew some to go with my cereal tomorrow .. and then Im thinking of making an apple cake with a nutty crumble topping .. and maybe an apple crumble as a treat for hunny. Will decide when I get back into my kitchen (just waiting for the chill to finally leave it cos when I went out this morning there was a thin layer of ice on a cup of water on the bench!!)

UBEE - I find our library has a good range of exercise dvds that I can use if I want to get something out (can have for 3 weeks) .. or if you look on You Tube there are some "videos" on there .. I also have a few of my own dvdd .. Walk Away the Pounds .. Disco with Richard Simmons .. and another couple of easy pilates ones .. At the gym I tend to warm up on the treadmill .. but with my PT I do things like simple jabs (Stand up straight, slight bend in the knees and do 10 quick jabs with alternating arms - 10 for each arm), then its something like a washing machine (where you have your knees soft still but your hands on your hips and you twist back and forth for a count of 10 each way), then another one is legs apart, slightly bent at knees, standing straight though, then one hand comes down in front of you while your other one arcs over your head. To warm up its done quickly .. to cool down its done slowly. For the arms/shoulders you can put one hand on a wall, leave it firmly placed while you turn your body away until you feel a pull and hold for the count of 5, same with the other arm and repeat. Then for the legs side lunges work well to stretch out the muscles. Feet firmly placed apart facing forwards then hands on one knee as you lean to one side .. then do it the other way. Before standing up have fingers touch the floor and do a slow stretch up to the sky .. hopefully some of the description makes sense??? lol
And WAHOO on your hubbys results hun .. that must be an incredible weight off your mind?? And you are right .. the scale is not the only thing to measure your journey .. other things are just as important .. the weight is only one aspect of our health .. and while it may impact other areas its not the thing that will suddenly make you healthy and give you a longer life .. its another aid of course

MANDY - Oh ouch!! That doesn't sound good at all .. I remember one of the times I broke one of my ankles they had said I would have to stay off it for at least 2-3 weeks .. right .. try telling that to my 18 month old daughter who LOVED to get into everything lol. Sometimes I dont think they know who they are talking to when the give us things like that ... the doc said similar about not using my arm for a couple of weeks .. impossible in retail lol .. so will just have to put up with it a bit longer

EASILY - Yay on the lowering ticker .. Im hoping to do the same this week .. will have to be super careful today cos I would hate to ruin the work I managed to do at the start of the week just cos Im sick lol ... like the image of my butt growing due to my hips dropping lol .. very funny

Right .. time to get the kitchen heated up with the smell of something good .. will let you know what I ended up doing later .. hopefully lots of customers tomorrow so I dont bring anything home lol
Old 07-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #283  
Sue finding inner song

Nightkatt... ohhhh colds and/or viruses are the worst (In cold weather for you too!)... have you tried zinc? or I take super charged Ecinacea... (Esberotox) works wonders... I know.. can you ever think you would say (even 6 months ago when you rented your treadmill) that you missed working out! It is amazing what our bodies tell our brains what they want and make it seem like a treat! me too! I am glad you furry baby is feeling and doing better.. How is your arm?

Ubee.. oh just thinking here.. have you ever tried Tai Chi? Its slow motion.. but easy on the joints and a very Mindful type of workout (good for the core!) Tho I bet Zumba would make you laugh all day long!

Easily.. I know that you are down finally again! Hooray!!!!!!!

Watchout.. Look at you.. less than 8 lbs to ONDERLAND .. less than 8 lbs.. shoot.. you can do that before the end of this month!

Oh Fera... I am so so sorry about that tendon... So It will never never attach fully? Yikes...Maybe you could get a rental wheel chair for a short time to see if the "no weight on it" is working... I am so sorry it took so long for A Doctor to find the problem... Yikes... You deserve to be whole!

May July be the month that we all lose alot of lbs! With EASE!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #284  
Sue finding inner song

WOOT WOOT Easily! and another for good measure! Lord now I have 5 lbs to lose to try and catch you! OOOO you are the carrot in front of me.... just showing me where I can go!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 07-03-2014 at 08:01 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #285  

Hi Everyone!
Easily may you never see 214 or higher on your scale again! Good job! Thanks for the google idea about including special health issues. So many are for people who are already fit.
Sue thanks for the Tai Chi. I think they may even offer it in my town!
Katt you funny girl! I was all focused on your description of the stretches when I read about putting my fingertips on the floor. I went back and looked for the part where I was to kneel or sit on the floor. That is the only way these fingertips get near the floor! I love disco and Richard. I actually have his dvd's sitting in my Amazon cart for months. Hoping you are feeling better.
Mandy yoga sounds so challenging to me which means I should do it. Everytime I shy away from something it ends up being the right path.
We have no plans for the weekend so I hope it will be relaxing.
Take care!