Okee ... well that weigh in wasn't a happy experience .. especially after going to the gym 5 times this week!! Soooo Im figuring its those extra calories I was supposed to be eating to accommodate it ... next week Im still going to the gym 5 times .. but this time I am going to eat my lower calories and cut the carbs again ... regardless of what my PT says .. carbs and I really don't mix and today I am feeling bloated and blocked
... so its a restart for me tomorrow and will see how my weigh in goes next week .. still determined to get at least half of my goal in this challenge so Im not changing it.
- I gotta admit I do feel a lot better when I start my day with the 30 minute walk .. regardless of how my day goes I feel like I have achieved something lol .. and now I am thinking ahead to next year and joining in a longer walk than I did this year (and even thinking of adding jogging!!!
! And yes I do have my treadmill, which I don't use as often as I should now that I am going to the gym lol .. and yes the challenge is still going .. I have until August 18 to reach 225 pounds to win the darn thing ... and after this week Im getting really worried! But like I said .. trial and error and this week food was the error ... actually listening to the PT in regards to my food was the error lol .. I know what my body can do well at now and what it can't .. and upping the protein and carbs is definitely something it doesn't handle well.
- Great loss for you this week hun .. I can see the whooshing is working again
Yeah .. I don't think the upping the calories is working for me lol ... so Im going to go back to doing it my way. My hunny pointed out that its not so much weight loss that my PT is working on .. but fitness .. but Im working on weight loss .. backed up by fitness lol .. so will listen to my body and cut back on the calories/carbs and keep my workout levels the same until my body tells me differently... obviously I still have enough on my body that I didn't really need to give it more to keep going
- Take it from someone who really wasn't a fan of exercise and the thought of doing so much seems extreme .. and yet what do you know Im doing it and loving it ... admittedly I had a couple of mornings this week thinking of skipping my morning one in favour of going to Starbucks which WAS my morning habit .. but I put on my gym gear before I left the house so really gave myself no choice but to get dropped off there instead lol. And if you have some good music you like or something to look at when you are there (tv with music videos is what we have .. although if there is no music video they have the song play with LOTS of inspirational quotes which keeps you on track too!). You can do it .. I believe in you
These last few weeks have been fantastic for you .. keep up the great work with whatever you are doing
.. one of my favourite quotes that pops up at the gym is "Never mind how fast you go, you are still going faster that those sitting on the couch". And I think that is the one I keep thinking of when it comes to the work out zone ... Im tired of being the one on the couch .. I want to be the one lapping them now
- Please note my blow out this week lol .. so get your cute tush back here ... remember .. its not always about losing the weight .. its about winning the mind games you play with yourself more .. and hiding away is giving a lil too much control to those negative ones. You are fighting it .. so you ARE winning the battle and we love seeing you here too so get on board again bud, you are doing fine
- Fantastic way of upping your walking and who cares what the runners think .. like I said .. you are going faster than those that chose to stay on the couch
I did have an NSV last week which I am proud of ... I JOGGED!!! Yup .. on the treadmill with my PT .. she didn't ask me to but it was part of our workout .. she wanted to see how far I could go in 2 minutes .. so I got on and put it up to my usual 5.8kph (3.5mph) ... then halfway through I started upping it to finally hit 7kph (4.4mph) which caused me to JOG!! .. only for about 20 seconds .. but I jogged .. reaching 210meters in 2 minutes. Carried on with the other exercises for that set then back onto the treadmill and she wanted me to see if I could match it or beat it ... I BEAT IT!! 220 meters this time and I jogged for almost a minute (about 50 seconds) ... back to the other exercises then back to the treadmill for the last set .. I BEAT IT AGAIN!! 230 meters and jogged for over a minute!! My legs definitely felt it and I was a little more puffed, but I was still able to talk and able to do the burps and step ups etc which were part of the rest of the set .. my PT was very proud of me cos she didn't expect me to jog as she knows I don't like the thought of doing that .. but apparently I had good form so she thought I had done it in the past lol .. nope .. that was a first other than the end of the Colour Run in March where I was determined to run/jog across the finish line ... and I did .. it was about 200meters ... but at the end of that my legs felt like they were screaming at me and I just wanted to collapse .. this time I didn't
and I did it 3 times in less than 30 minutes! My PT thinks I am competitive with myself .. and yep .. I am .. like to beat past results if I can lol.
So yip ... crap weigh in .. but I did 2 things I never thought I would .. I went to the gym 5 times this week (once a day 4 days and then 2 times on Friday) .. and I jogged! And flew past my 90 minutes of working out goal hitting 250 minutes instead!! Going every day next week (except weekends) ... have a longer session on Tuesday and Thursday - maybe a sauna too lol .. got a Vibra train on Monday to go with my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill (we have that same limit for time on it so I can do longer on Tues and Thurs cos Im not there in "rush hour"). I talked to my hunny last night telling him that I would like to keep having a PT session at least once a fortnight if we can swing the extra payments for that .. and he is ok about it so that has made me happy .. also we went looking at the Fit bits and it looks like Im going to get the watch one I think .. it does everything the one does from the looks of it .. but will see .. still have to save up a little more for that
So off to work today .. I had to take one of my dogs to the vets yesterday so had to leave early cos she has a bad cold, and apparently there may be more, but at the moment we are going to try just the meds for her for the month and if it shows no sign of clearing it may mean she has to get knocked out so they can have a better look, but they are loathe to do that to dogs her age (she is only 12 but chihuahuas don't have long lifespans apparently and she was sickly as a puppy which affected her breathing/lung development which can affect it too). So worried about her, but she is my baby and so we snuggle a lot. I was going to bake to take to work today .. but just wanted to cuddle with my baby so did that instead
Have a great day all!