Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #301  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Funerals are not a good time on our journeys ladies ... when my nephew lost his battle with leukaemia aged 11 years 5 months I really did question me focusing on myself and my weight ... if anything it should have been the thing to make me focus more .. but it had the opposite effect ... and instead comfort eating became a tool to get me through each day being strong for everyone and bottling things up. That happened just before I first signed up here ... and while I had good intentions to gung-ho into losing all this weight that I had let build up over the previous 4-5 years after giving up smoking ... I fell completely off when the world finally stopped leaning on me and I had the chance to stop and feel for real without worrying I would upset someone else.
There are always going to be times in our lives when we question the focus on ourselves when so many other things are happening. But then I think the only thing you have to think about is are you being "selfish" focusing on yourself now ... or in reality .. are you being really selfish by NOT focusing on yourself so in the long run you may not be able to be there for those you want to be? Believe me .. its hard for me to do things for myself .. hard to buy things for myself .. I feel bad spending money on healthy food or supplements for myself when I could be buying something for my grandkids .. or my daughters cupboards ...
Take this time to FEEL .. to develop those feelings and let them go ... dont doubt yourself .. you are on a good path .. but you need to do it for the reasons that are best for YOU .. not other. If you are happy with your lot .. then stay as you are .. but if you have questioned it ... then dont abandon the path .. maybe a little side track is needed at this point to get through what you are feeling .. to try to work out what would be best for you .. and what you feel you can do without feeling like you are missing something.
Hugs and so sorry for the loss you are feeling ... I too have a possible challenge coming up .. if my daughter loses her baby then I have to be strong and supportive for her .. which is usually when my triggers hit.

So huggies galore for you
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #302  

Height: 5'9"

I am finding it difficult this week to eat ALL my weight watchers points. I hope it doesn't make me hit a plateu! I don't feel hungry, which I guess could be a good thing. Hubby says it must mean my stomach is shrinking! I get 31 points, And I've only been using around 20-25 the past 3 days! Is anybody else on weight watchers?

Also, In 6 days [Thursday] I will be having surgery. Baby making factory is shutting down!! LOL. Not sure how that's going to affect my weight. We'll see!!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

NightKatt & cheeriloos, thanks for the support. After some thinking today I do believe all of my "slips" are because of my fibro. Yesterday after sitting in church and the lunch after I was in such pain I wanted to scream.... Then I hit the wine and chips.

My fibro pain has been a lot worse in the last few years. The only time the pain is tolerable is when I sit or lay down...so add to that consoling myself with food....no surprise my weight it high.

So, when I have my yearly physical in a couple months I just may have to break down and see if my doctor has any ideas. I have avoided any type of drugs because of their side effects. Thought I could just be big & tough and live with the pain. Maybe my body has other ideas.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #304  
Trying again

Isles - sorry to hear about the pain you are in .. I find myself fortunate that my only issues are mental and emotional rather than physical ... other than back and ankle pain from the numerous car accidents and damage from when I used to break in horses. My hunny was diagnosed with childhood arthritis and had his hips replaced when he was 20/21 .. then one redone when he was 30 .. now his knees may need to be done and he just keeps me in awe every day knowing how much pain he must be in regardless of the medication he has to take (10 pills a day!). He cannot get down on the ground easily, cant ride a bike anymore, cant walk far .. so exercise for him is extremely limited, so its all about how he eats . .. unfortunately for him being with me he has put on about 15kg since we met which isnt good for his body... so now we are doing this together, and the fact that he cant exercise it probably the excuse I am using for not doing it because I dont have that extra push lol. But there are also certain times of the year for me where I literally shut down .. and Im fighting that at the moment as this month is one of those times. I think if there is some sort of medication you can take to help you get over the humps then maybe it is a good thing to consider. Or if you can maybe see an alternative therapist to see if maybe there is a herbal mix you could take to naturally help .. Im definitely more the alternative therapy girl than mainstream medicine ... but I do appreciate the help that mainstream does for people (my hunny esp).... Just take each day, each emotion, each feeling as it comes .. work through it and keep believing in yourself .. you are doing great .. even maintaining for a while could be a good thing .. play with the same few pounds if you need to ... but dont give up on yourself..
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #305  
Trying again

Hello ladies (and gents if there are any reading this )

How is your weekend going? I forgot to post this weeks results for the team sorry .. so here it is at last ... we are all doing great .. even if you arent losing .. or you are maintaining .. you are still on the path .. that is SUCCESS!! Missing a lot of results this week unfortunately .. but hopefully next week everyone will jump in .. or I might do another little "woohoo" pm in case they lost where we are

Ive changed my plan for the next month ... Im including fasting .. the 1900 or so calories each day is just impossible for me to hit while keeping good calories instead of wasted ones ... soooo Im changing to a new system for a month to see if that makes a difference ... sooo its fasting for 12-16 hours then when it comes to food .. 5 days of 1000 cal, then 1 of 1980 cal .. do that 2 weeks then week 3 its 3 days 1000cal, 1 day 1980 cal and repeated for 2 weeks. I dont know how much difference it will make .. but it will be something to jolt my system a little .. and quite frankly it is probably more suited to my eating style as I do find it really hard to have even 3 meals a day so will see ...

Had a very relaxing day today .. hunny fell over yesterday at work so cant walk well today so the plan to go hunting for his wedding clothes went out the door lol .. instead we caught up on reading and a couple of fave programs and just spent the day together, which is really nice cos the weather is miserable outside today. I made some home-made burritos for dinner (he had 3 beef ones and I had 1 chicken one) ... then for my snack I had a bowl of yummy popcorn (which I am slowly becoming addicted to lol).

Not sure what we are doing tomorrow .. much the same I assume, although I will probably spend the day cleaning up and getting the washing finished ..

What is everyone else doing this weekend?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Weight Loss Challenge.pdf (37.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Nightkatt; 09-21-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #306  
Trying again

WOW ... everyone must be busy this weekend! Just checking in but no-one around.

Got up early to watch the America's Cup ... but its been postponed again .. so my hunny and I have just been catching up on wedding plans and relaxing.

This fasting and low cal eating is working great for me so far. Im trying to fast 12-16 hours .. then sticking to the low calories for eating .. and Im drinking soooo much water lol ..
Todays food is actually quite a lot really considering how low the calories are ...
Early dinner - 180g chicken breast (raw weight), 100g Broccoli, Beans & Sweet Potato, 200g Carrots .. the veg were all steamed and the chicken dry fried with just a sprinkle of Paprika ... I couldnt finish my chicken lol .. so the dogs were happy
Dinner is going to be a protein shake .. and somewhere before 8 I am having a yummy oaty bar and a small bag of popcorn Im starting to wonder when I get to my 6th day and Im supposed to eat the full 1980 calories how the heck Im going to do that ... but it will be a new challenge (considering on average for the first month of this challenge my daily intake was 1450cal .. even tho my target was 1900 lol) ... will see if the first 4 days on this new program will make a difference to the scales tomorrow

So what is everyone else doing?? Are you counting calories like me? Are you following a plan of some kind? Or do you adapt things that work for you through trial and error?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Alicia- Are you doing WW online or going to meetings? You could ask them if eating fewer points will affect things for you.

Isles- Sorry to hear of how much pain you're in. Definitely talk to your doctor though, ask about side effects, and write down your options so that you can better research different drugs and side effects before deciding on anything. It can't hurt to ask!

Nightkatt- Its interesting to see what you're doing- let us know how this new plan works out for you. Thank you for doing the spreadsheet for this group. You missed my Sept 16 weigh in though. I lost 2.4 lbs for the Sept 9 weigh-in, and then 0.4 lb loss for Sept 16; so a total of 2.8 lbs lost so far.

As for my plan- I'm not really doing anything. 'Trying to be good' has been my plan so far, and its not working out too well for me, lol. I'm trying to figure out whether I want to follow a specific diet/plan or just calorie count. I'm very interested in Ideal Protein, and have dabbled in the 17 day diet as well. I am seriously lacking in self control, which is why I really haven't started my weight loss yet. But at the same time, I am tired of carrying an extra 35-40 lbs, and I really don't want to get pregnant again (if that happens!) at my current weight.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #308  
Trying again

TARGET - 53 pounds

WEEK 1 - 12/8 - 317.3 lb Difference - 0 START
WEEK 2 - 19/8 - 312.4 lb Difference = -4.9 Total loss = 4.9
WEEK 3 - 26/8 - 304.0 lb Difference =-8.4 Total loss = 13.3
WEEK 4 - 02/9 - 301.2 lb Difference = -2.8 Total loss = 16.1
WEEK 5 - 09/9 - 299.8 lb Difference = -1.4 Total loss = 17.5 Remaining = 35.5 (TOM all week)
WEEK 6 - 16/9 - 296.5 lb Difference = -3.3 Total loss = 20.8!!
WEEK 7 - 23/9 - 292.3 lb Difference = -4.2 Total loss = 25!! HALFWAY to target!!
WEEK 8 - 30/9 -
WEEK 9 - 07/10 -
WEEK 10 - 14/10 -
WEEK 11 - 21/10 -
WEEK 12 - 28/10 -
WEEK 13 - 04/11 -
WEEK 14 - 11/11 -
WEEK 15 - 18/11 -
WEEK 16 - 25/11 -
WEEK 17 - 02/12 -
WEEK 18 - 09/12 -

Really happy with that result ... after a shaky start to the week and I have only been on this new plan since Friday (so 3 whole days) ... wow .. good result
Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats NightKatt...great weight loss. I weighed tonight and am up a pound so will see if I can lose that while I sleep and weigh Mon morning.

Thanks for the encouragement...Night and Clever..appreciate it.

NightKatt I have read on the "way" you are going to eat and it said this is a good way to keep your body losing.

Thanks for keeping the thread 'going' this weekend...I was busy with family that stayed to visit after my aunts funeral.

So, baby steps...I am going to concentrate on getting in my water this week. I have slacked some days on this and I know I need to make it a permanent habit.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #310  
Graceful Loser

I definitely want to lose some weight before Christmas. I posted my intro on the depression board, so I won't go into another spiel here. Just wanted to say hi! I have always weighed in on Sundays, but I could start weighing in on Monday. Shouldn't be too hard of a switch.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #311  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Ready.Set.GO! Aug 19-239.0
Week 01 Aug 26- 237.4
Week 02 Sep 02-235.4
Week 03 Sep 09- 234.4
Week 04 Sep 16-229.0
Week 05 Sep 23-225.8
Week 06 Sep 30-
Week 07 Oct 07-
Week 08 Oct 14-
Week 09 Oct 21-
Week 10 Oct 28-
Week 11 Nov 04-
Week 12 Nov 11-
Week 13 Nov 18-
Week 14 Nov 25-
Week 15 Dec 02-
Week 16 Dec 09-
Week 17 Dec 16-
Week 18 Dec 23-
Christmas Goal :199 a Winter ONEderland !
Merry Christmas!!

August 1st. 250lb
September 1st. 235.2
OCTOBER 1ST

Last edited by cheeriloos; 09-23-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #312  
~Tori~

These are last time
Measurement

Neck:13.5 in
Around arms and back:51"
Arm:16"(biggest part)
L arm 16"
Forearm 12 Left
12 right
Wrist 6.5
Wrist 6.5
Chestunder pits):42"
Bust:45"
Under bust:37
Waist:38(smallest part)
Hips(widest part):48.5"
Around butt and saddle bags:52"
R calf:18"
R ankle 10.5"
L calf 17.5"
L ankle 10.5
Thigh 29.5
Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #313  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoco350 View Post
I definitely want to lose some weight before Christmas. I posted my intro on the depression board, so I won't go into another spiel here. Just wanted to say hi! I have always weighed in on Sundays, but I could start weighing in on Monday. Shouldn't be too hard of a switch.
Hey there hun .. welcome on board You are welcome to stick to your Sunday weigh in .. I do Monday .. so do a few others .. other do Tuesday .. Wed .. Fri . Sat lol .. whatever is the day that works for you is fine Just post it on here and I will add it to the chart which I post each Fri/Sat .. so if its not on one week it will show on the next one anyway

You will find I babble the most lol .. but I do love to read everyone else's thoughts and feelings and we all love to offer support and encouragement as we all face the same journey weightwise .. regardless of how much or little we are aiming to lose

So .. let us know what your Xmas goal is .. could be big or small .. something that you would be happy to achieve ... if you want post a piccy of yourself as a before .. or not .. so far Im the only one that has .. but that is a personal choice by me because Im tired of hiding me. Also if you want as another part of the challenge we have a measurements chart .. if you want to add on to that it would be great too .. I only post that one once a month really .. so that will be due to get done next week I think .. will have to check the dates .. but its just bust, waist, hips, upper leg, upper arm.

Let us know what sort of plan you are giving a go .. is this the first time you have decided to go on this journey? Do you have those naughty cravings you will be battling that maybe we can offer some ideas to help you get through the harder moments. And of course if you ever want to rant ... on the board or pm me .. we will offer what encouragement we can for that too

Hugs and welcome again
Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #314  
~Tori~

Nightkat, what will be the theme. Or style of your wedding ?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #315  
Trying again

ISLES - Thanks .. Im quite happy with this weeks results .. it was a bit of a shocker really Glad you have made it through the weekend .. its always a hard time And good to find something to focus on with baby steps, it makes the journey a little easier some times to get over the hurdles that pop up

CHEERILOOS - Have I got my measure week wrong?? I thought it was next week lol .. but hey .. happy to update .. ummm .. is there an update .. or are you doing that next week lol .. well done on your 2.8lb this week .. you are really rockin it

So day 4 of my new plan .. and so far so good .. went a little over on calories today (by 30) but Im not too worried as the last 3 days I have been under by at least 50 each day so Im still going to be below the weeks limit .. and frankly I am darned if I can figure out how Im gonna eat so much on my maintain day lol ..
Had a great day today too .. and for me a Monday is rarely that lol .... but started on such a positive with my weigh in .. it just kept getting better
1 - over 4 pound weigh loss
2 - my fave jeans which are only about 3 months old are fortunately adjustable waist .. I havent had to undo them to get them on or off for a couple of weeks .. so today took it in 2 button-holes on each side .. and I STILL don't have to undo them .. so will adjust them again tomorrow .. determined to get as much wear out of them as I can lol ..
3 - have grabbed a chance to buy into a small part of a business which I will be working in full time from next month .. Im in charge of the giftware and my partner does the creation of her skincare range which is doing really great already. Her range is all natural, no chemical and hand made, she has been in the makeup/tv/movie industry for over 25 years and has been developing this range for the actors she has worked with (stage/screen) as they kept complaining about reacting to the make up they had to wear .. and its just starting to grow as she opened her first store at the beginning of the year... and Im in her second store .. so excited. Because its all natural, her range is all about feeling good, about her product and yourself .. so I am going to be having feel good gifts .. starting with candles, scents and drawer/wardrobe scents .. then I will probably bring in those cute tiles that have positive affirmations on them .. things that make you smile and feel good .. so Im so excited

Right .. better get to bed ... have to go in tomorrow to help with the accounts (I love doing them .. sick woman lol) Have a great night/day all .. look forward to reading up some more And hopefully we will have less missed weigh ins this week ..
Closed Thread