Dec.16-
Dec.23-
Dec.30-

Total down- 5.9lbs
Old 09-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #287  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

ISLES = Another steady loss this week, thats great I cant remember ever being that small .. prob before I was a teen lol .. or when I was a young teen ... from about 11/12 I look at my school pics and see the weight on there .. my mother put me on weight watchers when I was 13 ... so chances are I had already gone beyond that lol.

CHEERILOOS = WTG on your 5lb challenge .. oops on the celebration, but think of the positive instead of the negative, even though they werent great choices, you werent doing it mindlessly and were aware of it .. just the brakes were engaged immediately, I think you have done great acknowledging it, accepting it, and moving on .. be proud of yourself Im just still in awe of the weight goals with a 1 in front lol .. it definitely has me thinking .. but I felt great at the one I have chosen for my birthday weight (see side panel not counter lol) .. it was about a size 16, but Im lucky how I carry most of my weight .. spread out ... and with the clothes I already wear most people are surprised when I tell them my actual weight (yes I tell everyone lol .. its not like a pimple you can coverup and hide with cream or make up .. its my size!) I do giggle about the overweight bit .. it still seems such a foreign weight for me to imagine being .. 30 pounds in 14 weeks .. heck .. throw in a couple of weeks like this weeks weigh in and it will be a doddle (easy lol). I have over 30 to lose in 12 weeks (the extra 2 weeks is for Xmas .. but I would like to hit goal for my wedding lol)

WANNASKIPANDLAUGH - Another great loss this week, well done I love the “even look” comment hehehe .. I think that is what I want ... Im always gonna be top heavy (ick), but I wouldnt mind a butt lol... unfortunately as I lose weight its usually there and my face that are the first to go .. grrr lol .. ah well .. as long as it goes right?

ALICIA - Good reason to choose your weight goal. At the moment Im morbidly obese .. so looking forward to removing that first word for now .. then will aim for overweight .. not sure about the ideal one yet lol. Have updated your goal on the sheet You are going great guns Very consistent...

ONLY BELIEVE - I think stick to your goal for now .. and when you hit it challenge yourself to see how much further you can go with the time left to the challenge end. You are going extremely well .. high losses consistently each week .. wow! Great job I have my wedding goal which this one is, but if I dont hit it by then, then I have 2 weeks to get it for Christmas, then I have another one in mind for my birthday in April which will take me down to the weight I was when I met my hunny 12 years ago (and havent been near since lol) .. from then .. I dont know what Im going to do lol .. But whatever you decide to do, keep doing whatever youre doing cos its working great. Are you on a plan of any kind? Counting Calories?

TURTLE - Love to have you join in .. no problem at all, I have added you to our team sheet which I post each Fri/Sat. If you want you can also join in the measurement tally which a few of us are doing so far .. and I hope you took a before shot so you can see how far you have come .. So far Im the only one posting the pics .. but that is ok .. I dont want anyone posting them if it doesnt give them a good feeling to do so. Look forward to seeing you on the board ... you will also see that I babble lots lol

MARA - Another one for the BMI .. its a good reason, but its also good that you arent using it as the be-all and end-all of what the ideal is, as you are right ... so many body shapes .. I dont think I would be happy too thin either, Im bubbly and cuddly and I dont want to lose that image of myself too much

SHYHEATHER - Oh no about your foot! Did you stand on something? Or were the shoes wrong? Ive done that a few times, I dont know what triggered it, but its like Ive pulled a muscle under the foot and it just HURTS .. grrr ... Thanks for the compliment about the pic I still dont like having my pic taken, but I must admit I do like this one Good on your pound loss .. hey .. a loss is a loss Well done

FAIRANDFREE - You are definitely going great guns Some pretty good weigh losses building up there I think its great to have multiple goals ... especially if there is a different reason for each one I think you can do it

SKINNY PEACH - Wahoo .. well done Flew past that 10lb loss mark with flying colours. Hmmm ... maybe you can incorporate how you ate while you were travelling into your home meals? That way you can keep it going

LOSTINSTATICX - Hey dont be down about that .. TOM is a pain in a lot of ways .. and Im sure everyone here knows exactly where you are coming from. Be happy its not higher and look forward to TOM leaving to bug someone else

STARFISH - Keeping nice and steady again ... well done.. How has your week been? Hope you are keeping well

WOW! This is lovely lol .. nice to come in to have a lot to read and its not all me rofl. Hopefully I have caught up with everyone .. and may I say everyone is doing great in this challenge .. losses large or small .. maintaining or adding a little .. hey .. you are all champs cos you are sticking with it and not giving up on yourself you fab peep you!

Today was a hard day for me .. I had to go and see if my daughter has lost her baby or not .. and they still cant tell us so we have to go back again next week .. grrr .. so that was the first upset .. then my hunny said the wrong thing which really set me off .. have discovered another trigger .. ANGER! I dont get angry very often, in fact its only like once a year if that ... but sometimes the wrong thing said at the wrong time or in the wrong way will just trigger a very fiery reaction. Sooo instead of reacting where I would end up having to apologise I got in the car and headed home, stopping at the supermarket on the way home .. all the way there I was thinking "Thats It!! Im getting some chocolate .. I could have a small chocolate bar . in fact I DESERVE a chocolate bar!" Soooo into the market I go .. get the veg ... and even a box of health bars .. but I went down the confectionary aisle for the first time in over a month .. and I did it!! I bought a BLOCK of chocolate .. dark chocolate .. the one with the lowest calories I could find per serve .... so if I look at the positive of this .. I was still keeping aware of what I was doing and while I was about to go off the rails and binge on chocolate I was going to do it in the best way I could lol. I also havent eaten anything today .. too anxious about the scan .. sooo really .. Im surprised I behaved as well as I did lol .. I also got some sugar free sweets to suck on

So Im home now .. I put the chocolate in the fridge deciding that I would clean up the kitchen first .. by the time I had finished cleaning I had calmed down a lot. So that chocolate is still in the fridge I do need to eat something still .. but Im just not interested in food ... its a slump for me and usually it lasts for a month or so .. but Im not going to let it .. will get through today and then start again tomorrow. Im going to challenge myself to keep that chocolate in the fridge until Im a married woman ... so each week will be a victory if its still in there lol.

Ive put dinner on .. roasting some chicken thighs with mixed herbs and onion and some baby red skin potatoes .. no oil ... then will steam some beans and broccoli ... and maybe some cabbage (icky) .. oh and carrots (I must be a bunny .. have them every day lol). So time to get the veg ready.

Hope my rant or babble didnt put anyone off .. and if you would rather I keep this off the board then just let me know I should do a blog or something .. but I know it will be like a diary and Im useless keeping them up lol ..
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #288  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

nightkati love reading your posts!

I'm going to hold you to the keeping the chocolate in the fridge idea! I also bought the healthiest chocolate I could find, little chocolate kisses..i found it hard to control so thank God MP3 girls finished the whole bag in 2 days for me.. no more temptations in the fridge yay.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #289  
Trying again

LOL ... I have been WONDERFUL in regards to that block of chocolate . unfortunately my darling hunny (drives me nuts in more ways than one and one of the main causes for me buying the darn thing) .. had other ideas. As I have barely eaten half my daily calories today he went and got it out of the fridge and opened it .. and gave me HALF THE BLOCK!!! True its 200cal, but still .. good grief. I gave it back to him telling him off for getting it out and opening it ...

Him : So why did you buy it then???
Me : Because you peeved me off (didnt use the word peeved by the way lol)
Him : So arent you going to eat it then?
Me : Not right now no!
Him : When?
Me : When Im married!
Him : It wont last that long
Me : Im not going to eat it
Him : I dont have as much to lose

Bloody man! I told him to replace the block, he said he knows how much he has eaten so he will keep track ... that wasnt exactly the point .. its easier for me to not eat an unopen block/packet of something than an open one .. now I know its open its like this little voice is sayin .. hey .. katt .. come on .. you know you wanna ... grrr .. MEN! (no offence meant for any men reading this lol).

Soooo today I just had dinner .. but even that I didnt do a great job of .. I had the carrots, beans & broccoli .. a few baby potatoes .. and I just picked the meat of the chicken thigh/leg ... I did treat myself to a little gravy on it all though Sooo not even 700 cal for the day BUT .. we had a movie night with James Bond .. so I popped some popcorn and have enjoyed that Still .. a bad day foodwise .. but will see if I can improve that tomorrow
Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #290  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

WEEK 1 - 8/12 391 START
WEEK 2 - 8/19 - 390.4
WEEK 3 - 8/26 - 392
WEEK 4 - 9/02 - 393
WEEK 5 - 9/09 - 388
WEEK 6 - 9/16 - 388 still. bleh! ~_~
WEEK 7 - 9/23 -
WEEK 8 - 9/30 -
WEEK 9 - 10/07 -
WEEK 10 -10/14 -
WEEK 11 -10/21 -
WEEK 12 -10/28 -
WEEK 13 -11/04 -
WEEK 14 -11/11 -
WEEK 15 -11/18 -
WEEK 16 -11/25 - Turkey day, make no promise here!
WEEK 17 -12/02 -
WEEK 18 -12/09 -
WEEK 19 -12/16 - Finals week, I make no promises here either :P
WEEK 20 -12/23
Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh my Katt, sounds like too much temptation!! Chocolate is my biggest weakness, and I could see my fiance doing what yours did. Also, it doesn't sound like you did that bad on food!! You ate a lot better than I do. Veggies? Not for me :P

The only 'veggie' gracing these lips is cauliflower today. Just have a hard time for some reason eating the other stuff. Gag reflex, I guess. Justin is just as picky, no actually, he's worse than I am. I made meatloaf last night, and he slowly made his way through a single slice and most likely won't touch it again. Tonight after class, I'll probably have a second slice (I ended up baking it in a pie pan so I cut it like a pizza, haha...).
Old 09-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
ONLY BELIEVE - I think stick to your goal for now .. and when you hit it challenge yourself to see how much further you can go with the time left to the challenge end. You are going extremely well .. high losses consistently each week .. wow! Great job I have my wedding goal which this one is, but if I dont hit it by then, then I have 2 weeks to get it for Christmas, then I have another one in mind for my birthday in April which will take me down to the weight I was when I met my hunny 12 years ago (and havent been near since lol) .. from then .. I dont know what Im going to do lol .. But whatever you decide to do, keep doing whatever youre doing cos its working great. Are you on a plan of any kind? Counting Calories?
One of the main changes I've done is cut out the junk foods I used to eat (I ate a lot of them.. A LOT) I've counted calories in the past so I still kind of do now but not strictly. I sort of round it up in my head as I go but I mainly opt for healthier choices eating 2 or 3 meals a day with a couple of snack times and I try to not eat after 4 or 5 pm. I also exercise (walk or elliptical mostly) every day that I can.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I forgot to post this yesterday... down 2.4 from last week... woohoo!!!

CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2013

WEEK 1 - 12/8 - 322.5 lb ~~ Difference - 0 START
WEEK 2 - 19/8 – 321.7 ~~ Difference = -.8
WEEK 3 - 26/8 – 320.3 ~~ Difference = -1.4
WEEK 4 - 02/9 – 318.6 ~~ Difference = -1.7 WEEK 5 - 09/9 – 318.3 ~~ Difference = -.3
WEEK 6 - 16/9 – 315.9 ~~ Difference = -2.4 TOTAL LOSS = -6.6
WEEK 7 - 23/9 -
WEEK 8 - 30/9 -
WEEK 9 - 07/10 -
WEEK 10 - 14/10 -
WEEK 11 - 21/10 -
WEEK 12 - 28/10 -
WEEK 13 - 04/11 -
WEEK 14 - 11/11 -
WEEK 15 - 18/11 -
WEEK 16 - 25/11 -
WEEK 17 - 02/12 -
WEEK 18 - 09/12 -

GOAL – 270
Old 09-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi all,
I didn't eat all that great this week, so I'm satisfied with a .4 loss this week. The darn scale has been stuck at 158.0 for 6 days! Maybe I should do something about that to make it go down, hey?

I'm not a frequent poster, but I have been keeping up with this group.

Nightkatt, I live in the Yukon, Northern Canada. My hubby is Canadian, and so am I, we met at Bible College in Cambridge. I was there for 1.5 years, dh for 1 year. We came back to NZ for 1 year on working holiday visas when we had been married for a couple of years. We truly love NZ, and moving there has always been in the back of our minds. I've travelled all over the country and seen almost every nook and cranny.
Wellington is actually my favourite city- love the weather (yes, the wind!), Oriental Parade, Te Papa, the downtown area. I haven't been to the suburbs of Wellington much though. And its a close drive to Kapiti coast.
So I have to ask, where is the farm you grew up on? Closest town?

Start...
Week 1- Sep 02: 160.8 lbs
Week 2- Sep 09: 158.4 lbs (-2.4 lb loss this week, 2.4 lbs total)
Week 3- Sep 16: 158.0 lbs (-.4 lb loss this week, 2.8 lbs total)
Week 4- Sep 23:
Week 5- Sep 30:
Week 6- Oct 07:
Week 7- Oct 14:
Week 8- Oct 21:
Week 9- Oct 28:
Week 10- Nov 04:
Week 11- Nov 11:
Week 12- Nov 18:
Week 13- Nov 25:
Week 14- Dec 02:
Week 15- Dec 09:
Week 16- Dec 16:
Week 17- Dec 23:

My Christmas goal: Lose 20 lbs. and reach 140 lbs!!)
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #295  
Allie

S/C/G: 165/205/135

Height: 5'3

I need help! im new to this site and i dont know what im doing lol...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #296  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Hi all,
Nightkatt, I live in the Yukon, Northern Canada. My hubby is Canadian, and so am I, we met at Bible College in Cambridge. I was there for 1.5 years, dh for 1 year. We came back to NZ for 1 year on working holiday visas when we had been married for a couple of years. We truly love NZ, and moving there has always been in the back of our minds. I've travelled all over the country and seen almost every nook and cranny.
Wellington is actually my favourite city- love the weather (yes, the wind!), Oriental Parade, Te Papa, the downtown area. I haven't been to the suburbs of Wellington much though. And its a close drive to Kapiti coast.
So I have to ask, where is the farm you grew up on? Closest town?
My dad is Canadian, from St George in Ontario (near Brantford/Toronto). I grew up being told that Canada is a BIG New Zealand lol .. so when I had the chance to go there in 2004 I grabbed it with both hands .. and my dad was right .. everything is bigger .. and you guys drive on the wrong side of the road (rofl), but the people are the same and just the feel of the place .. I spent a month there almost meeting my dads family for the first time .. and having my first ever Thanksgiving (OMG PUMPKIN PIE ROCKS!!! Havent had that since I got back here though lol) ... got to see Niagara, spent some time on a reservation, got to see a filming of "The Red Green Show" and won a prop for coming the furthest distance to see a recording of the show lol .. and boy was it weird seeing all that duct tape .. explains dads methods though lol .. had dinner with Wayne G and his dad at his restaurant in Toronto (which was cool .. not that I know anything about ice hockey .. but I did know about him lol) ... I just loved it being there .. was the only time on my trip where I didnt miss home lol (I had spent almost 2 months in Europe/UK before heading to Canada). I would always come back home to NZ though ... I think its the fact our whole country has less than 5 million people spread over a good sized couple of Islands lol .. we have lots of space even in some of our citys (not all .. Auckland is sooo crowded with almost a quarter of our countries population lol) ... so love Wellington .. although we arent as windy as we used to be (saying that while we have gale winds today lol)

I grew up in Levin .. its about 40-60 minutes North of Wellington, between Wellington and Palmerston North. My mum, sister & her family, brother & his family are all still there. The suburb I am in down in Welly doesnt have the best rep when you mention it to locals lol .. but I think its great .. its far enough away from the city to be close to country .. but close enough to the city to get out and enjoy it and not have a long drive to get to work lol. My hunny is a "Nui" boy born and bred so he must like it lol ..

WHEEZY - Hey! Dont be hard on yourself .. maintaining can sometimes be just as hard, if not harder, than losing the weight! You had a great loss last week .. I think you are doing great

HEATHER - you made me laugh about the veg .. I LOVE vegetables .. my hunny is like you though .. as far as he is concerned Potato is a veg and he would be happy with that and steak on his plate ... but he tolerates the veg lol .. he drooled when I told him you had meatloaf (he would eat the WHOLE thing!) .. so chances are that is a hint I will have to make him one some time soon lol. Soooo if you dont eat veg .. what do you eat?? Just meat?? Is that like Aitkens? (not sure how to spell it lol) .. so you have a high protein diet?? How do you get your other vitamins and minerals??

ONLY BELIEVE - I was a junk food girl .. funnily enough I had no prob eating 3-4 burgers at McD or Burger King etc (never had the fries though lol) and yet if I tried to consume that much good food in one sitting now I would gag lol .. as my friend said .. its cos they are empty calories, not to mention I could easily go through a block of chocolate & a packet of chocolate cookies on my own lol .. . Im in awe of you on the elliptical .. I have tried going on that at the gym .. but I just feel so uncoordinated that I wont do it .. so if I go to the gym I spend the time on the treadmill and a bit on the stationary bike. I try not to eat late .. but I have my cut off time more like 7-8pm .. only because if Im out and working etc then by the time I get home and cook dinner its already after 6pm if Im quick

PAM - Another great loss! You are rocking!

CLEVERNAME - I find that if the scale is stuck if I change my calorie intake .. or add in different exercise it can sometimes shock or jolt your metabolism to get working again. I am trying not to incorporate any/much exercise at this point because I want to throw that in when I start sticking .. which might be from next week if I dont hit my 3 pound target lol .. great that its still a loss though

GEORGEOUS BABE - Hey hun .. welcome on in! You have a lot of choice on here ... you can jump into a challenge (this one is great to join any time too!), just look in the different areas from the main forum page .. even start your own link if you are looking for buddies .. or just pm someone that you would like to buddy with via PM perhaps. If you want to join in this challenge .. just decide what you would like to lose by Christmas and copy someone else's weigh in list and alter with your results in .. then each week when you weigh in just update it and repost it so I can add it to our teams results .. another thing you can do if you want is post your main measurements (Bust, Waist, Hips, Upper Legs and Arms) .. to be done monthly .. or post a start pic (front, back & side) to compare with your end of challenge pic.... or if you dont want to post it .. just keep it for you to refer to Most of all .. HAVE FUN .. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF .. SET REALISTIC GOALS ... KEEP POSITIVE .. and keep posting so we know you are going ok ... we dont all have great weeks or days .. and our scales dont always make us feel good .. so maybe choose a few Non-Scale Victories (NSV) to get you through those times

So its been a lovely day today .. even foodwise I am eating a lot more than usual I actually had food for breakfast instead of a bar or shake lol .. and I had a muffin for brunch with a friend (Weight Watchers approved) ... about to have an Oat bar for afternoon .. and then tonight I am making a stir fry with LOTS of veges and a little pork for a change
CHOCOLATE! Okee .. so while I havent touched that bar (yay me lol) . I was given a piece of sugar free dark mint chocolate yesterday (about 30 cal) to try .. hummm .. I thought I would be over the moon about the treat .. BUT ... I have realised I am definitely a milk chocolate girl lol .. it was definitely chocolate .. but boy was it strong (70%), even with the mint ... on the plus side .. it sure isnt something I will binge on lol .. but it was a nice thing to try after almost 5 weeks with no chocolate.... I could still taste it 3 hours later lol .. so good experiment and didnt make me want to run out to buy better chocolate to curb the cravings
While out and about today I went on the hunt of the bits I need to make our wedding invitations .. not that Im making them .. one of my bridesmaids is a lot more creative lol .. and her fiancee works for Weta Studios (Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Tin Tin/Planet of Apes etc), so he is a fantastic artist lol .. I just need to figure out what I want written in them and then they will get them done for me Also bought little noodle boxes to turn into favour boxes for the guests .. and a whole bunch of ribbons and bling and flowers etc to stick on them somehow .. again .. bestie is doing that lol .. I just have to work out what I want to put into them ... I was thinking of finding a bunch of little cats & dogs figures to represent me and my hunny .. although instead of a cat it should be a cow or a rat (Taurus & Zodiac Rat for me .. Hunny is a Pisces & Zodiac Dog).... on one of our wedding cakes it will have a cow and a dog on .. so maybe stick with that if I find something ... otherwise .. I was thinking maybe a few crystals (rose quartz, amethyst etc) .. sigh .. still working on that lol...

Sooo .. good day today ... as I have been missing my calories by so much this week Im not sure if I will lose anything this week (starving the body even though Im not hungry!) but will see what happens on the weekend

How has everyones week been so far?? Any funny stories ?? Worries ?? Challenges ??
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Start- 253.8

Week 01 Aug 26-251.8
Week 02 Sep 02-251.2
Week 03 Sep 09-251.8
Week 04 Sep 16-250.8
Week 05 Sep 23-
Week 06 Sep 30-
Week 07 Oct 07-
Week 08 Oct 14-
Week 09 Oct 21-
Week 10 Oct 28-
Week 11 Nov 04-
Week 12 Nov 11-
Week 13 Nov 18-
Week 14 Nov 25-
Week 15 Dec 02-
Week 16 Dec 09-
Week 17 Dec 16-
Week 18 Dec 23-

Christmas 2013 Goal- 220
Old 09-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #298  
Trying again

MARA - Well done! Another 1 pound gone Brill

Well .. Im trying something new .. going to do a 5 + 1 week .. for a couple of weeks .. then a couple of weeks of 3 + 1 ... meaning .. 5 days low cal .. 1 day full day cal (so 5x1000 cal, 1x 1900 cal) .. then 3 days low + 1 day reg. I think this will be pretty easy cos at the moment I am spending each day trying to think of enough food to hit the 1900 and end up adding a lot of extras I dont really want just to get over the 1000 enough that Im not hundreds of cal off my daily target .. will only have one day to think of adding the extras lol ... Will try it for a month to see if its something that can work for me and how I feel ... According to the info for this eating plan my ideal weight is like 100 pounds less than what I am aiming for lol .. not sure if it will be something I would want to get down to ... but we will see .. its a journey after all ... and you never know where the roads will take you
Old 09-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, will catch up tomorrow...just wanted to post that I was at my aunts funeral today...ate off program and am now having wine and chips...

Just in a funk....wondering if I REALLY want to lose this weight or not.

I do need to be healthier...in less pain...but.................................

Must just be the day's vibe getting to me.

Tomorrow will be better, right?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #300  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Isles: you really do, you might not feel like it right now,i didn't earlier either. I also went to a funeral, an extra bad one, the dropped a truck load of dirt in front of us. It was my first funeral and I didn't know anyone there I was there too support my husband but I was really sad. Today I just said forget it and ate rice like there's no tomorrow, loss of stress here.. next week will be better
Closed Thread