Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #91  

Height: 5'7"

Great OP weekend, been awhile since I had a OP weekend. Scales are moving down and Im loving it!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Sassy Thanks. I WI today and will confirm total WL tonight.

Dgramie Congrats.

I had a great weekend. I had a pedicure at a spa and although I appreciated it, I had a gift card, I prefer my usual cheap pedi place. But now I have lovely teal toes. I had a fun brunch with my group of ladies, we meet once a month. I had amazing Greek Lima beans and will try to make them at home. Sunday we had a retirement party to attend. It was a lovely tea and well put together.

I am off to the pool later today for deep water aquafitness. I WI tonight and have no idea what to have for dinner. I do have cabbage to use up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #93  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm back! On plan that is. I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a week and I'm down to 327. So while that's only about 3 pounds down from where I was before the trouble started, it feels like 30 after that huge water jump. My body is still wonky, but I feel better.

Missed the pool today but I look forward to getting back in there tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #94  
the muse of memory

dgramie - oh, the RoundUp is a shame. I would miss my bulbs, but wow. You have lilies already? I might have some too, I guess, they are in the back yard and this time of year I don't go out there much. I have just one hosta and have never divided it but I know I need to do it. Can you do that in early spring? I have some perennial grasses that desperately need division this year, too. I am going to tackle that as well.

Hee. Thank you, sassyangies! That extra stayed around for a WHOLE WEEK, then slide away + another one over the past couple of days. Wow, it snowed where you are? That's very far south. I know they get it in the mountains there, but I'm not wildly familiar with AZ. Though I have been to Flagstaff! briefly on a trip out west. As for TOM, 1. could you be pregnant? (Had to ask!) 2. if not, well, hormones are nuts with weightloss, so it could be delaying it.

Hmm. As for finances, I don't know if you have an Aldi near you? That chain of stores has REALLY good deals on produce. I get a bag of Romaine hearts there for 1.99, and sometimes they have fancy lettuces for .99. And baby portobello.

Jane - I hope you enjoyed your weekend off and are feeling good about where you are! Heh, that's awesome, though. I know you were losing faster than 3 lbs in a week, but I would be ecstatic with a number like that. I had my own battle with water weight last week but finally saw it come off and a new lower number this morning. I know how you feel.

PluckyPear - Congrats on 40 lbs down! That's so awesome on your forty pounds down. I like getting reassurance and approval from my doctor, too! I love your teal toes. I REALLY need to paint my toenails. I meant to do it Saturday night but got caught up in this interactive writing thing a friend and I were doing.

Okay: here's to a good week!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #95  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Gee, I thought I had posted in here recently; our internet was down for a few days -- first the server for two days, then my pc was in wireless for a day or so (I accidentily pressed a function key for that ) but we finally got all the kinks ironed out now.

Yesteryday was long day for me; it was my first CHEMO TREATMENT DAY -- it took 5.5 hours for the chemo to be put in, then the ride home on top of that from the nearest city. We purposely made extra dinner on Sunday, so we could just heat up leftovers when we got home.

I only had a few mild symptoms: a tinney taste to my food at lunch; and a bit of dizzyness/wobbly legs in the am, but that didin't last more than a few minutes, and it went away. Today, had just a bit of nausea and hot flashes when exerting myself, that lasted only a few mintes each time as well. So, that was GREAT!!!!

We are taking one day at a time, and praying that this continues for the entire journey. Spent the day doing light stuff like cooking: made a homemade soup for lunch from leftovers, a banana tea loaf, and tomato patties for dinner tonight. Not too hard on me and I enjoy it really; as I like to keep busy and help out whenever I can.

Will catch up reading later on, but just wanted to come in and say "HELLO" to everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-26-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #96  

Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone however not quite at 40. Thought I was but according to official WI not quite. But down none the less.

Expecting a big snowstorm here tonight so not sure about the pool tomorrow. I am going to deep water aqua fitness three times per week.

I plan to be OP all week.

Justwant Glad to hear you are feeling only minimal effects of chemotherapy. Thinking of you.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #97  

Height: 5'7"

just- my sister had chemo and never had any real side effects of it besides exhaustion and losing her hair. The radiation was another story. She finished her last treatment last week and is still miserable from it. Good news is its over and she can now recover. Praying you dont get sick from the treatments!

Tom is here but scales are still being nice. Just up a lb today and that is amazing since I normally jump 4-6 when he is here.
Eating has been close to perfect!!

Cant wait to be outside with my kids. I think they have cabin fever and I know I do! Hoping we all get along better today. Its hard having kids inside all winter long. Lots of winter I take them outside to play but its just been to wet this year and I have a 3 month old who doesnt need to be out. READY for spring!!

Hoping I can keep things together this weekend
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #98  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

It's official. I'm a bum... I keep forgetting to check in regularly and post.

Rosebud... Clearly I have some back reading to do! *gentle hugs* Glad it was only minimal side effects thus far!

And since I have SO much back reading to so I shall post and then go back and read:

I am officially down 62 lbs since July 26th.

10 lbs and a whole lot of inches from July - December.
15 on my Protein Modified Fast pre-op diet of 3 weeks.
37 since my VSG surgery January 8th. (rounding it off to 35 though so it works out to 5lbs a week)

AND........

I officially made it lower then I have EVER been while on 3fc! I passed that crappy 282 I could never get below for the last 8 years.

Shell
Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #99  

Good Morning!

I am so tired. Got up with DH this morning at 2:30, he works in snow removal. I went back to bed but had a hard time getting back to sleep. I am going to the pool this afternoon even though the weather is rough. I am hoping the kids stayed home so the bus home will not be packed.

I ate weekly points last night but still OP.

I will make chana masala later tonight.

I have to roust my cat from my lap to get my second cup of coffee.

Have a good day.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #100  
Starting over sucks.

Rosebud, so glad to hear that your symptoms were milder than you expected!

Cuter That's amazing progress! Congrats!

After the few setbacks that I've had this month I needed a little encouragement so I've been looking at old photos. I'm struggling a little with accepting how deep in denial I was about my health. I guess I've always been lucky my esteem was as high as it was. I really didn't think I looked that bad. Oh well, onward and downward! I've lost a quarter of my old self, and almost a whole person!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Radiojane; 02-27-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #101  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies.. I'm back. We had so much fun! If we would have waited one more week or even a few days we would have missed the snow all together. It was the perfect weekend though because it was 39 degrees or so and sunny, but we got to play in the snow build a snowman and sled. My son and husband loved it so much. It was the first time for both of them playing in the snow.
I actually did not use my fitness pal while I was gone and I watched what I was eating most of the time. I did allow myself some treats like a beer while we were out and some meals I couldn't get veggies in. I have to say I'm up 4 pounds, but I started so that could be attributed to that. I hope it comes off fast.
Hope you ladies are having a good week so far.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #102  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Thanks Radiojane!

FYI... I didn't think I looked bad at my heaviest either but darned if I am not way happier with how I look now.

The problem is... I am at the size where I normally would have stopped losing because I like me soooo much at this size. Good news is... I can't choose to stop and maintain here as easily.

You've done amazing so far and I really look forward to following your progress as you inspire me. You've worked so very hard and continue to do so!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #103  
Starting over sucks.

Thank you
Old 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #104  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies! Been on the outs from here the past few days. Find it hard to keep up sometimes! I finally get my treadmill-- it's being delivered on Saturday! Yay!!! I'm pretty unhappy with my weightloss. I've been OP minus a few days of going over. But even when I go over it's only by a couple hundred calories. I fussed about it to my boyfriend, and he said, "I don't think our problem is what we eat as much as we are so sedentary." Which is so true. Office job, then go home, cook, maybe clean a little and that's it! I have newly diagnosed hypothyroidism from last summer, and I just don't lose as easily and quickly as I used to. In the past, I could drop 40 pounds in 3 months. You would think that would be all the encouragement I needed to keep going, but that seemed to always be my stopping point- 40 pounds! We only eat out 1-2 times a week now, when in the past, it was 5 to 6! Glad that's different for us, AND we enjoy it more.

I ordered an exercise ball, and my 5 year old pestered me last night until I finally sat on the dang thing. Honestly, I was deathly afraid of the thing, but I've heard and read it's great for strengthening the back and the core... I don't plan to be doing any funny moves on it just yet. I was delighted to not pop the thing!

I told my kiddo I would be starting slowly, while she sat on her pink ball with blue stars from Walmart, as I explained that mommy is nervous and doesn't want to fly into a wall and break a bone! She laughed and was fine with it. I balanced, bounced a little and squirmed on it some to get a feel for it. Not bad so far!

Jane! Yes, girl. A whole person you've lost! My best friend weighed what you've lost (the skinny little thing!) for years and years. She had to get meds to GAIN-- to only know what that's like on the other end of the weight issues spectrum! I understand what you mean about facing how severe your health had become. My sister in law and I were talking abou this last night. My brother (her husband) had a fall in October, which led doctors to discover a huge mass on one of his kidneys. He had to have a kidney removed, along with a 12 pound tumor that was thankfully, cancer-free. Had he not fallen on the tennis courts, it would never have been discovered. The doctors pressed him to get healthy (he began around 350lbs as well in October), so that the loss of kidney could still keep him alive for his family. He's done fantastic- -75 pounds (including the 12 pound tumor) since Halloween. She and I have tried to keep up with him, to no avail. But we've realized how far we have come, changing our intake and many eating habits. Baby steps and wake-up calls!

Cuter, my boyfriend had the VSG in 2011. He's lost 105 pounds and is happy as a lark. He had many complications (due to a prior weight loss surgery, coupled with this one), but thankfully we're past that this year. I see yours is going so very well for you. Good luck on your journey with it and learning to understand what your sleeve expects from you! He is very happy he had his done, as I know you must be as well.

Rosebud, fantastic that you were able to manage the symptoms of your treatment so well. I'm happy to hear that! I hope that your future treatments go this well, too!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #105  
the muse of memory

Rosebud - so glad to here from you. Seriously, do not worry about reading and responding to us! Just let us know how your treatments are going. I'm so glad that your first day was okay, and hope your symptoms remain mild. Cooking ahead of time was smart. I hope that you are focusing on taking care of yourself and enjoying ordinary things.

You are so amazing and we are pulling for you!

pluckypear - sorry your official WI was not where you were at home, but it will come! Do you enjoy the deep aqua fitness? Are these classes? Or something else?

I would probably have trouble getting back to sleep at 2:30 a.m. if I got up, too. Also: chanal masala sounds really good. Maybe I will make some this weekend.

dgramie - glad that your sister is finished with treatment and can focus on recovering. Keep on going! Close to perfect is amazing. I imagine the cabin fever would be much worse in a day care setting than ordinary life, too. I hope you get some dry bright days, soon! I think we are in for an endless round of rain/drizzle/snow melt over the next several days.

Cuter W Curves - not a bum! You have been very very busy. Adjusting to life after surgery! But wow, what results. You must be so very happy. You are doing brilliantly! I hope you will post some progress pics soon!

Jane - I have some of those thoughts. Right now? Just at this moment? I look the way I always looked in my head. Clearly I did not look like this, but I never really saw myself and avoided facing things. You wouldn't be human if you didn't struggle a bit with that, and I think some of that emotional struggle is important in that it helps us... face ourselves today and hopefully tomorrow, if that makes sense.
Closed Thread