Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #76  
the muse of memory

pluckypear - thank you! I am not super-artistic, but sometimes make beaded necklaces. It is funny to me b/c my mom can always look at the clasp stuff and tell that it was handmade. I don't have THAT many findings so it never looks super professional. And my total came over the course of a few YEARS, so I think slow and steady wins the race.

Maybe you can get some of the WW support (about when to lower points, et cetera) from the WW forum on here? If you've been doing it thus far, we can be your group support. And I think on some level you will be able to tell when you are plateauing and need to lower points? If you don't lose anything for 3-4 weeks, it might be time.

dgramie - CONGRATS. That is so exciting, you are doing brilliantly! I would also hold off on a dress, as you'll get better deals on spring-like dresses closer to the date. Right now the spring dresses are all full price and only winter stuff is on clearance.

Glad you are feeling better, too!

sassyangies - hope you survived the rest of the weekend! I don't get the PMS emotional things but I do get more of the physical symptoms now than I ever really did before - the cramping and a bit of discomfort. I'm glad that's all it is.

KerriLeah - that sounds like a GREAT deal. I LOVE my treadmill, and I have a really cheap one without cushioning, fan, et cetera. But if I get up first thing and walk 30-40 minutes in the morning, I find that I feel great all day. I hope that you are able to get it out of lawaway soon and start enjoying it!

Jane - I really hope you are feeling better. I hate feeling poorly. It is very frustrating.

MapleLeaf - oh, the exercise resolution was my resolution for this year, and I've kept to it pretty well. I'm feeling much more fit and it is rewarding.

Rosebud - I even got my mom to fix the bodice of the dress, so now I won't flash people. I think I left the jacket I wear with it at their house, though. Now, do you use a cell phone? I sometimes think that a smart phone is the best deal for a small digital camera you can find. About the same price with more features, though I do have both I usually use my iPhone for pictures.

I had a reasonable weekend, though missed a planned nice dinner Saturday due to snow. Alas. Am really busy at work these days! I did pick up a new robe at Lane Bryant that was on clearance for $10.

Here's to a great week, y'all!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #77  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You guys are amazing! And you're all doing well!

I'm on a scale break for awhile. I had another five pound jump, so I'm hovering around ten pounds heavier than I was a week ago. It's got to be hormonal, most likely from the flood of estrogen released in my last woosh, but it was making me insane. So I'm going to "reset" by staying away from the scale, staying within my calories but upping my carbs for a few days and sticking with light exercise. Then I'll get back on the horse. I'm a firm believer in taking a break now and then. I don't have weekly cheat days, so I'll take a couple days every few months.

I still feel smaller, I noticed that my bra band is pretty loose even on the tightest setting, so the 40 I ordered should fit just fine. My waist in my jeans is even starting to give a little. So I'll get there. I just need to quit focusing on the number for a while.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #78  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Jane that's probably a good idea. You can do this. I know it must be frustrating, but just keep up with your tracking your calories and you'll ride this through with a nice swoosh!! I hope your doing ok!

yesterday I had a good day. I did overeat, but it wasn't too bad because it was just on pretzels and almonds. So hopefully I don't see anything negative from it. Not sure why I did it. I was redoing my Sons room and finally getting rid of the toys in my living room and finding a way for them to fit in his room and watching tv the whole night and I just wanted to eat. Not sure why. So other than that just having a normal day. My husband has been off yesterday and today and sometimes thats hard because the skinny minny always wants to go out to eat.

Have a great rest of the day ladies!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #79  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

mnemosyne, yes! I cannot wait either. We went ahead and put it on layaway because the price was fantastic and probably wouldn't be that price by the time our tax returns make it here! A new robe-- I miss the old days when I'd go out to the garage early in the morning all robed up, coffee and cigarettes in hand to discuss life with my BFF! But I quit smoking two years ago. Like dieting, I'm glad I changed that part of my lifestyle, but Dam* do I miss it!

Jane, just so you know, you're my inspiration right now! I'm really proud of your accomplishment, and you've passed me right on by lol! Give yourself a few days and lighten up, surely. Then go strong again when you've recouperated. I bet it will make a huge difference. A 40 bra-- don't know when I've seen that last.. maybe high school, or right before I had my 17 year old daughter!! Congratulations. Keep on trucking.

Just, I agree. Weighing too often can make our brains crazy. Actually, I forgot and skipped my weigh in this morning. Oh well, will do it tomorrow. I usually end up doing it every Tues or Weds. If I forget, I skip it til next week. I don't ever weigh on Mondays because I think that I probably have too much sodium intake over the weekends when I am not tight on keeping that in check when I'm off from work. By Tues or Weds, my weight is more stabilized and non-disappointing.

Angelia, I don't know what sleeping in is! I might get to sleep in until 9am every 4-6 months. Otherwise, dogs or small people wake me up at the crack of dawn 7 days a week. If the kiddo doesn't wake us up at 7, then the dogs start howling from their kennels downstairs because they're hyper, hungry and have to pee!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #80  

Height: 5'7"

Not much going on here...just stopped in to say HELLO!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #81  
the muse of memory

Jane - I think that break is pretty wise and brave of you. I agree that the leap probably is hormonal, and you are really, really - I don't know, I just think it is impressive to recognize that you need a scale break and need to shift things a bit to keep you going.

sassyangies - I have those evenings sometime. that's why I'm lucky I live by myself, as I just don't have much to snack on at home! But you're right, it was probably pretty minor and you just have to keep on going.

KerriLeah - hah, I quit smoking, well, before I bought my house, which was a while ago. I used to be nostalgic for it occasionally, but I've found that those feelings fade with time so hopefully they will to you, too! Though sometimes I write short stories with characters who smoke and then I am like: !!

Hee, HELLO dgramie! Are you seeing your spring bulbs coming up? My daffodils have been for ages, and I see I have tulips fairly well along too. It is really cold here today, though it is supposed to warm up later this week.

I'm doing well, a bit of a disappointing scale bounce that I think is hormonal. TOM is due next week and my gain seems to happen the week before? FINGERS CROSSED. I'm just going to keep on going. I've missed my evening workouts this week b/c I am working really, really late, but I will get back into them as soon as possible. Still doing the treadmill in the mornings, have increased my speed and really enjoy it!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #82  
Starting over sucks.

Mnemosyme I'm not brave, I'm just so neurotic that I'd probably go crazy and swear off dieting all together if I got mad enough at the number!

I hosted a dinner party for friends last night and one lousy chocolate brownie gave me a splitting headache. I think that makes the lifestyle change official. My body will not let me eat sugary food anymore!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Hooray! After over a week of staying at the same weight, I woke up this morning and was down 3 lbs. I love when that happens. I'm officially into the 340s now!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #84  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I am 17 lbs lighter than I was about 2 months ago. I am in the 270's. I don't think I have ever been so excited. 3 lbs away from my next mini goal. I feel so awesome right now I don't even know how to describe it. I just hope this feeling will last forever and ever and ever!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #85  
the muse of memory

Jane - I disagree. Taking stock of where you are and CHANGING when necessary to support yourself? That IS brave.

And I don't want to make you think that brownies are okay, but I wonder if the headache was also hormonal? I get migraines related to my cycle and had a monstrous one yesterday. The worst I've had since I was a teenager. It finally abated when I went home and ate something (I was nauseated and didn't feel like eating). Mine aren't really bad, usually, so that was different! But seriously, even the headache sounds like hormones.

MapleLeaf - I love those wooshes! Congrats! wow, you are doing spectacularly and must be so proud of yourself.

And ditto to Silverfire - that is so amazing. The feeling probably will NOT last forever and ever, but maybe you can find some way to memorialize it so you can really remember it when you get discouraged. Brilliant!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #86  

Height: 5'7"

Nmem- hubby used alot of roundup this past summer around benches and wishing well. I think he killed out my bulbs. I do see suprise lillies and my reg lillies are peaking up. My blue bells are up a few inches already. I really need to split my hosteas this year . I will need to do things early as the wedding is in mid may.

Great day yesterday, cant wait to have more weight off.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #87  

Hi ladies...
Silverfire congrats on the loss. It does feel great doesn't it. Hold on to that feeling to help you if you ever feel discouraged. Your doing great!!

Mapleleaf.. .What a great swoosh. I absolutely go bonkers when that happens to me. I just have to keep telling myself not to give up because you'll get the pay off in the end. Your doing great.

Radiojane.. hey theres nothing wrong with that right. I would love it if my body had a bad reaction to a sweet. I wouldn't want to eat them so much..haha.. Your doing great. Hope your dinner party went well.

Mnem, your doing great working out in the morning. That's awesome. Don't worry the scale will move. I'm having some issues right now too. Not sure what the deal is. Last week I swore it was TOM, but it has yet to appear so not too sure. Keep on track your doing great!!

The last few days here in AZ were interesting to say the least. It snowed and that was awesome. I was upset that my son was in preschool and missed it. I was tempted to drive where it had snowed allot, but were going to Flag on Monday so we'll have plenty of it then. I'm so thankful for this last storm though. I thought for sure all the snow would be melted by the time we got there.

Not sure what's going on with TOM. Valentines day I know I was dealing with PMS and it has yet to come. And I think it's screwing with my weight too. Up a pound, down a pound. Such a pain in the butt. I was hoping to loose at least 10 this month, not sure if thats going to happen. It doesn't help that we haven't had enough money to keep buying more produce so I've just been having smaller portions of what my husband is having which is the opposite of what I'm eating. So I'm not going to let that happen again. It's not worth it. After a week of not eating all the good food I've been used to eating it's making me feel tired and sluggish.

Anywhoo... hope all you ladies are having a great day. I'm off to work later today.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #88  
Starting over sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemosyne View Post
Jane - I disagree. Taking stock of where you are and CHANGING when necessary to support yourself? That IS brave.

And I don't want to make you think that brownies are okay, but I wonder if the headache was also hormonal? I get migraines related to my cycle and had a monstrous one yesterday. The worst I've had since I was a teenager. It finally abated when I went home and ate something (I was nauseated and didn't feel like eating). Mine aren't really bad, usually, so that was different! But seriously, even the headache sounds like hormones.

It might be. My body is seriously out of whack right now and I have a cold on top of it. I've also got the side pain that I used to get when I was younger when I ovulated. Still no actual period, but the boob tenderness is here today so I think maybe I've just had one long drawn out pms go around. I had a coke last night and no headache.

I'm going back on plan Monday. I've actually made a list of things I want to eat before I do. If I get some baked mac and cheese and a subway sandwich, I can do another few months of good behavior.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Mnem Thanks for the encouraging words. I am steadily going down in weight bit by bit. I made my decision to quit WW but will use the points plan on my own using this site for support. I will WI at home weekly and keep plugging along. I have 3 more WW meetings to attend and will make the most of them. If I find I need group support I will join a TOPS group in the spring when travel is less onerous.

I hope everyone has a great weekend planned. I am meeting girlfriends for brunch and then a pedicure while poor DH goes to work shoveling snow.

I think I am now down 40 pounds (confirm at WI on Monday) and feel so much better. I know aquafitness helps so much. My Dr. Lowered my blood pressure meds at my last visit.

And I don't think Kaplods posted on this forum much but I really miss her presence here.

Have a great day.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #90  

Pluckybear, That is awesome that you have reached 40 pounds! Good for you!

Hey ladies today I am tired and not wanting to do much. I invited a playmate over today for my son so he doesn't have to sit around like I want to today. Work was hard yesterday, but I was so busy I couldn't even think about eating junk food. Working in a grocery store can be hard sometimes because of all the food that people are buying. Good thing I'm not on the checkstand that much or I'de go crazy..
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Closed Thread