Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

Jane- that's fantastic! You're such an inspiration. Whenever I hear of others losing that amount of weight, it gives me self belief that I can do it!

dgramie- I really hope you're feeling better!

I had a nice surprise this morning- I'm trying not to weigh myself every day, but it's just so tempting. I got on the scale, expecting it to go up (it's my TOM) and I was down a pound! Definitely helped brighten my day and keep my resolve (normally all I want to do on my TOM is eat junk food!)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #47  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Thanks everyone!

My rewards are sort of dull. I bought myself a pair of pjs and ordered a strapless bra. I'm skeptical about a strapless h cup, but there are some cute tops out there, and I have great shoulders to show off now, so I thought it was worth a try.

This last 30 has made a huge difference size wise. I can even where my bf's sweats now!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #48  

im better and hoping my stomach is up to real food today. Yesterday I still didnt really want to eat. Scales have not moved though...I hate scales!!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #49  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Yay, JANE ~ So happy for you that you met that major milestone of 100 lbs -- that was a biggy for me too!!! Your rewards sounded fine to me ...

MEM ~ thanks for the encouragement and the tips; I appreciate them very much. I think you are right; better to have a little extra just in case I need it as a buffer. One never knows how the chemo will affect us, tho' we are praying for minimal side effects.

BEVERLYJOY ~ thanks for the well wishes; glad that you are hanging in there!

dGramie ~ nice to hear that you are getting over that stomach bug.

to EVERYONE ELSE ~ nice to see so many here and you all are really an inspiration continuing on despite so many life stressors!

We've had lots of ***** fall lately, but had beautiful all day today and milder temps. It is so beautiful here -- I am so grateful to GOD and my family (sister & BIL & parents) that we have been able to stay here for my recupe from surgery and the chemo treatments. What a blessings they have been for us!

Hope you all have a Super Serene Sunday tomorrow ...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #50  

just- my sister has cancer and is going thru treatments. Chemo was alot less hard for her than the radiation she is going thru now.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm still going strong! There's a lot of snow on the ground but I'm still keeping up with my walking schedule now that it's warm and sunny. I figure trudging through snow has got to be an even better work-out than pavement.

I had a frustrating time getting dress for work this morning though. I'm at this awkward period in my weight loss where NOTHING fits correctly. My older, bigger clothes are too big and all of my clothes in smaller sizes are still a bit too snug. I don't want to go shopping for new clothes that might only fit for a month, especially when I have piles of smaller sizes that I just barely can't squeeze into yet. Anyone else relate to this?

It's a nice problem to have though. I still can't really see any weight difference when I look in the mirror, so it's nice to see my clothes getting looser.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 354/304/200

Height: 5'4"

Maple, I'm having that issue. I've lost 50lbs and my pants are all loose and my shirts are looking slightly bagish. I went and bought 2 pairs of snug pants and found 4 shirts on clearance for $3, $5, $7, and $9. I hated to buy anything but at least they are on clearance. I know that I'm losing so the snug pants will get looser. My mom doesn't mind though, her response to my losing weight was save her my clothes and send them to her. I've only noticed the change in my face. I went to the mirror a couple days ago and realized I have a chin! it was no longer just round, it has shape now. My husband has commented on my tummy fat going away but I don't notice it so much.

Last edited by SolitaryTear; 02-11-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #53  
Starting over sucks.

I'm having issues with clothes too. I have a dress, a pair of tights and one pair of jeans that fit me perfectly. Everything else is either way too baggy or in the case of a lot of my shirts, way too short. I'm finally getting to the point where my belly is shrinking and making a difference in my pants. I hit 80 pounds lost before my old pants were a little loose in the waist.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #54  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies..I hope everyone is having a great day. Yes guys I'm having the same issue with my clothes. My work clothes mostly because I have to wear nice black pants and a tailored button up shirt. WEll, they just decided to make us tuck them in which is a nightmare when your heavy and your wearing a shorter tailored shirt. I had to go out and buy just one pair of pants and walmarts cheap tshirts to last me until I go a size down.

This past weekend was a rough one. Not food or weight loss wise, but work was hard. I'm so happy that I'm reaching that point where it is getting a little bit easier to say no to cravings when I am under stress. I just get a glass of water or low calorie hot chocolate.

I hope everyone is doing great. I'll be back on hopefully later to read up on everyone.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #55  
Starting over sucks.

Awesome job coping without food Sassy
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #56  
the muse of memory

Congrats FerrisW. I know the temptation of the scale, and tend to weigh every day. I don't advise it, but the unexpected surprise is always pleasant.

Jane - PLEASE let me know if the strapless H-cup works for you. I will be very interested. I hope it does.

Rosebud - I'm really glad that you have family there for you too. That makes things so much nicer. I imagine it would've been a really tough winter either trying to commute or - well, yes. I hope that the snow isn't too bad and that the milder temperatures hang around. It actually hit 60 degrees here today, but was rather colder when I let the library after volunteering this evening.

dgramie - I hope you are feeling better and hope you see the scales moving soon!

MapleLeaf - good for you keeping up the workout schedule. I know very much the feeling about the clothes, I know that I also wore my old clothes for longer than I likely should have. Definitely hold out until your smaller clothes fit you! I have spent so much money on clothes that are already getting to be too big. I will need a whole new summer wardrobe, and have taken advantage of sales and clearance sales lately. In fact, I got a (slightly snug) dress at the department store for $10 this weekend, and ordered another for $16 with free shipping.

But basically all my jeans are too big, except for a few recent clearance purchases. And yes: awkward. Also, I think that you will really see the difference once you are able to wear your smaller clothes. Shapeless, too-large clothes don't really hide anything!

SolitaryTear - congrats on your weight loss! Those clearance deals sound amazing. I hope you enjoy them.

sassyangies hah. I HATE tucking in clothes, it looks awful on me. Sorry you had such a stressful work weekend, hope your week is much improved.

I had a busy weekend and volunteered today, so was out quite late. Came home and had dinner. Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday (Carnival, Mardi Gras), which has always been Faaschnacht day in my house (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Basically: it's our tradition to get donuts, which are the closest approximation of faaschnachts.

I usually buy a dozen (or two) and take them into work and eat, uh, too many. Well, I'm trying to keep traditions that I like, but didn't want donuts. So instead I made Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Muffins:

1 box of No Pudge brownie mix
1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
Fresh grated nutmeg to taste
Almond milk until it is a cake-batter-like consistency

All mixed together. I sprayed my muffin tin with Pam and filled it so I got 12 muffins. Baked them for about 30 minutes. I think this will satisfy.

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #57  
Starting over sucks.

Oh man does a chocolate pumpkin muffin sound amazing!! mnem I will definitely let you know!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #58  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I guess it is time to come out of lurk mode and dive back into things. It has been awhile! I think the last time I was here was back in Augustish? That was right before I took a business trip to Florida and dislocated one of my kneecaps and had to stop dancing. Previous to that while I was a regular poster here I had lost a whole bunch of weight (110 pounds) which I then proceeded to gain a whole bunch of back. I am working on inching my way back that point (well, first back to the 100 pounds lost mark) and then beyond.

I just got laid off from a job (last day is March 15) I have been at for eleven years (we got bought and I didn’t want to move to Florida) and want to spend my time of unemployment really focusing on me and getting as fit and healthy as possible in time for my 40th birthday in July. I figure if I have tons of time I might as well become a gym rat and take tons of Zumba classes.

I count calories, avoid sugar (it does bad things to me), dance and lift weights. If you are on Fitocracy, I track there and please feel free to friend me (same name). I will try and be a regular here again, as it was definitely a big part of my initial success.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #59  
the muse of memory

Nancy - I remember you! You were doing belly dancing and considering going to a whole belly dancing weekend. So sorry about your knee, that really painful, I imagine, and quite tough to recover from something like that. Welcome back. I'm glad to see you and know you can get back on track!

All - I made pancakes for dinner for Shrove Tuesday last night. With Bisquick "HeartSmart" mix, almond milk and egg whites. I had a few blueberries but not enough to make blueberry pancakes, but I also had some blackberries so I made black-and-blue berry pancakes and had them with soy sausage. And sugar-free syrup. They were good! Though not quite as filling as my dinner usually is, though I also skipped my evening snack so maybe that was it.

Woke up in the middle of the night hungry, which I HATE. I can deal with hunger any other time. I was good and managed to get back to sleep, but will probably not make pancakes for dinner SUPER regularly. Still, it was pretty fun and the berries DEFINITELY improved the pancakes.

I need to buy some new sugar free syrup, though. I find that ... the artificial sweeteners tend to go off and I'm not sure how long that was in the fridge. It was fine, but not as good as I remembered.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by mnemosyne; 02-13-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #60  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. hope you all are doing great. Man it has been a busy couple of days. I like to make Valentines day cards with pics of my son in them for his god parents and my parents. They love getting them and I love making them so it's a win win. I started a new scrapbook and a new smash book to do while I'm losing my weight. I'm not a big writer so I thought a smash book would be better so I could post what inspires me with pictures or magazine cut outs or just whatever I wanted to put in there. Super excited about it.
My weight is not going down. I'm stuck between 287 and 286 so tha's a bummer, but I know it will eventually come down. Plus TOm is on the way so that could be it I guess. Who knows. I know I'm doing everything I can so that's all that matters.

I hope everyone is well, and I'll check in tomorrow. Hopefully I'm down a couple since tomorrow is the last day of my challenge.
Closed Thread