Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ Chat Thread

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Welcome to October everyone ~ we had lovely and warm temps to bring in this new month -- yeah!!! My weekend eating went really well, as did today; so glad for that. It made up for the popcorn fiasco on Friday night. Today we went up town shopping, but we had lunch out first; which was a nice change for us.

Then tonight after dinner, I braved another walk around the neighbourhood and pushed myself to go a bit further again. Someday, I'll get all the way around; but I walked for at least 30 minutes, which felt good in the nice evening temps.

I hope you all have a fabulous OP October ...
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3  
the muse of memory

Devon - well, the faux-meat stuff might be tough if you've never tried it before. You could do healthier tacos though with shredded or ground chicken. When I make quesadillas I sautée some yellow squash and zucchini with some onion and some jarred salsa, and then use that sautee as the quesadilla filling, along with cheese, etc. You could probably bulk up any sort of taco meat filling with veggies like that to lower the calories per serving and make the meat stretch. Or throw in mushrooms or eggplant, something that would take on the taco seasonings and not compete too much with the meat.

Summerblossom - I never realized how much darkness you folks would have in the depths of winter until I saw that Norwegian vampire movie Let the Right One In, so I expect that makes the sun even more of a gift when you have it. Congrats on handling yourself so well while at the party! I usually give myself a bit of extra permission to enjoy food at functions like that, but still you don't want to go nuts.

Jilu - that! would make me insane. How on earth would your co-workers imagine that anyone (OF ANY SIZE) would want to be weighed and measured in front of all their other co-workers. Entirely obnxious, glad you were able to get your objections across to them.

Rosebud - I am glad you are having nice weather and doing well. ARe you still getting veggies? I am getting tomatoes from my awesome purple cherry tomato plant, and also bell peppers. I made a lentil salad this weekend to bring for lunch using them.

Do you plant pansies? They might not winter over in Canada, I don't know precisely how cold hardy they are. I always plant pansies in the fall so that I'll have the color in early spring. Though I tend to wait until we have had a hard frost since I don't want to pull up my summer flowers until they are DEAD (which means I often get my pansies from flats that have been marked down to $2/flat, hahaha).

I had a good (busy) weekend. I volunteered on Saturday, ran errands, went shopping, went to a festival. Sunday I finally got back to doing some painting (a project on which I have now been idle for WEEKS) & met my folks for dinner. Dad is back from Ireland and had a good time with his brothers. He found that the courses were longer than he had imagined them, so they were tougher than he anticipated.

Oooh, I also went shopping this weekend and got new clothes in new sizes (pants: 24 W, sweater, 2x (though a catherine's 2x, which is big) that fit me. And went shoe shopping. I didn't buy anything, ultimately, but I tried on these ankle boots and they zipped up. I mean, they are just ankle boots but I wouldn't've been able to even get my feet into them this time last year, or this time last season. So the fact that they fit me was pretty awesome.

I hope everyone has a great week too!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #4  
Rosebud

MEM ~ the beans are all done and I pulled up the plants, but I am still getting cherry tomatoes; they are slower now though as we haven't had as much sun and it is colder. Tomorrow, I am gonna try bringing them in and putting them in front of a big window to see what happens (the sun has to show up though).

I have seen perennial pansies come back up here. I could try to find some and put them in a barrel or the front garden to see how they do there. I hope to buy a few more perennial flowers for the very front of my garden next year; and some lilac bushes for the back yard to make a hedge above the rocks at the back of the lot too.

Unfortunately, the rest of the raspberries didn't have time to ripen before the cold weather came; but I think they'll even do better next year. It was nice to try a few this year at least.

Great NSV -- getting down to smaller sizes in your clothes and boots!!!

It was overcast and cold today, so I got lots done around here instead: washed all the floors myself, did laundry, changed the bed linens, lots of mending, and of course, the regular cooking and dishes, etc. Very productive day. EAting was good again: yeah!

Hope you all have a wonderful OP Wednesday ...
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #5  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

mnem I love that you have a clothing NSV too!

I have to go back and catch up on the tail end of the last thread but I needed to share a NSV...

My 1x plaid jammie pants that are part of the set I got for x-mas 2 years ago... I can get them all the way up. It's NOT pretty... I'd not dare sit in them... But they got over my arse and over my thighs.

YAY!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I fell hard.. Very very hard.. I thought I was going to start school (second year at my university) and this was going to be my year to change.. But not so much.. I slipped right back into old habits.. It's not as easy as some make it out to be.. To change that is..

I started out great.. eating healthy..exercising .. the whole 9 yards.. But somewhere down the line I gave up again as I'm known to do.. I gain back almost all that I have lost.. 8lb gain..

But i'm here and starting over again.. I live with my parents.. So I'm going to talk to them about taking over making the food.. to make healthy food.. No more eating out every day. (Once a week we have a no cook day so eating out once a week is ok) and no more binge snacking at night.. i'm over it..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #7  
Rosebud

CUTER ~ yeah, on that clothing NSV -- that always feels good!

IMNOTPERFECT ~ Welcome Back! You have some good ideas there; I hope your parents will go along with your plan as it will be good for all of you.

Well, today was completely opposite of yesterday -- full all day long so I took advantage by hanging blankets on the line and spent a good part of the day outside. Think I may even have a bit of a sunburn on my nose; but gotta take advantage of these beautiful fall days. I went for a nice walk around the neighbourhood -- had to push myself a bit as I was bit tired after yesterday, but I made it! That's a NSV for me for sure ...

Have a terrific Thursday everyone ...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Just checkin' in ladies/gents ~ had a good day today ... got that bedroom carpet washed this AM, plus other daily chores, then went for a walk this afternoon when the rain stopped for a wee bit. Eating went really well despite having to deal with some Alzheimer's stress today.

Hope you all have a fantastic OP Friday ...
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #9  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

hi ladies.
I am really bad about posting even tho i lurk every day.. that is one of the many things i am hoping to change about myself. i know lurking is fine, and there are no rigid rules about participating, but i know i will get loads more from this site if i actually get to know some of you and participate lol.
im going to make myself go for a walk in a few minutes, even tho i would much rather lay in bed with a good book.. i hate walking.. i used to love it, but i have become so sedentary it is haardd to walk now... i know it will get easier with time, and i have to just muddle thru, but i dont wanna lol.
i have found that with watching what i eat, exercise and water consumption, i have regressed into a small child.. i dont wanna has entered my head more this last week than ever before lol. i still do it of course, but i throw a mental temper tantrum about it sometimes...
i hope you are all having a lovely day and enjoying the change of season..
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #10  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

twilightwing when I first started my weight loss journey I could barely make it to my son's school which is considerably less than 1/4 mile away. It does get easier with time and effort. Good luck
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #11  
I'm doing it for ME

Mountain Walker- thanks for the support the only thing that keeps me going, is knowing it will get easier... i just want it to be easier NOW lol... but alas, it will take a while. i walked about 20 mins this am, and i have also been doing a march in place for 5 mins 6 times a day..the marching is actually harder for me than the walking.. i guess due to lifting my legs higher etc...hopefully it's burning loads of cals.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #12  
Rosebud

TWILIGHT ~ I hear ya -- hey, I walk with two canes but I made myself go out tonight despite the cold and winds and went two blocks for 40 minutes; my longest yet. The reward was seeing our beautiful lake then pushed myself hard coming back home. Next time, I need to take some mittens. Hang in there ...
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #13  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Hi, girls! I've been MIA...it's been so hard for me to stay on track. I started having feelings of not wanting to do this anymore and quit while I'm ahead. I've finally moved past that and am currently all the way back on point. It kind of makes me feel good to know I was able to do it away from the board. Y'all are my rock when it comes to this losing weight thing, but it's nice to know that I can count on myself as well.

Cuter and mnem -- Way to go on the NSV!!!!! Going down in sizes is alwayssss good! And y'all are rocking it out.

Justwant - Your drive to exercise no matter what is such a great accomplishment! It's amazing you push yourself so much. I need to learn from you, lolol.

Imnotperfect -- At least you're back at it. We really need to learn to not be so hard on ourselves. It makes it even easier to fall back into old ways when we are.

Twilight - Let's face it...majority of us didn't/don't want to give up our goodies. So of course we turn into little children. I fight with this every single day. I love sweets...soooo much! So...knowing that I have to limit and watch that is hard to do...I don't want to do it. I do for my weight loss, my health, and I know it's better for me. But just because I want to do it for the right reasons doesn't mean I'm not grumpy about it, lolol. I can attest to the fact that it does get easier. However many pounds ago I couldn't say no, and even sometimes it's still hard and I fail (almost too often), but I can still say no. If I truly don't want it I won't take it and that's not something I would've done at my highest wait. Any changes and accomplishments should be a goal in itself. Remember that.

I hope y'all have a good weekend! Here's to hoping the scale will be kind to me on Sunday since I didn't lose anything last week.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #14  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi Ladies,
Car welcome back we missed you!
Juswanna; when my knees were bad a few weeks back I went walking on crutches.....as long as you are moving...it counts!!
It was my birthday yesterday and I had been a bit worried about either falling into old habits or being a killjoy and eating nothing but lettuce!
I am so pleased to report that I stayed within the calorie budget for yesterday I had allowed for, managed a walk and a short swim (26 lengths as the pool was really busy!) and had a wonderful day.I spent the morning doing my voluntary work with 10 year olds and the afternoon in a coffeeshop with a book.Hubby was working.
He had very kindly bought me some new clothes to wear as nothing fits anymore (whoop!). When I saw them on the hanger I thought they would never fit......but they all fitted and what's more I FELT GREAT!!! Not something I am used to!!!!!!!
And to put the cherry on the cake I hopped on the scales this morning as my constipation has eased to find I have finally gone past the half way point!!!
Have a lovely day.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #15  
I'm doing it for ME

Justwant2Bhealthy- thanks for the pep talk. It's nice you have a beautiful lake near your home to look at as a kinda reward for walking I live in a beautiful state, but alas, im close to downtown, so i have houses, a school, and sidewalks to look at lol... there is a track (at the school) which i can utilize before school hours, after school hours and on weekends...im planning a walk there when it gets light.

watchoutforthatcar- I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels a lil like a kid sometimes about having to give up what i like, and having to do things i dont like lol. I guess i just have to make sure the 'adult' part of me stays in control lol

I hope the rest of you are doing well... the fates conspired against me yesterday ... i live with my daughter, her bf, and their roomie... anyhow, no one here EVER goes out to eat or does fast food... not for health reasons, but cause they like my daughters home cooking lol...anyhow, yesterday am, the roomie went out for a bit and came back with some mexican tacos for me from a great mexican restaurant in town... i couldnt turn em down for two reasons.... 1, i love them...2. i know they cost about 10 dollars, and i couldnt tell him i didnt want them after he had spent the money... then last night, my daughters bf went to albertsons and got chicken from the deli for dinner so my daughter wouldnt have to cook... wth??? so, i had one drumstick.. i love that chicken... and now i feel so bad about it... it hardly ever happens, and im sure it wont for another 6 months to a year.. but twice in one day??? c'mon lol so i marched in place 5 mins at a time and did it 10 times.. my legs are still jello and sore, but you gotta pay the piper right?

mountain walker- Happy belated birthday.. and congrats on being able to fit into your new clothing..

Last edited by Twilightwing; 10-06-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added
Closed Thread