Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #421  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: Regret looks backward. Worry looks forward. Faith looks up.

Positive action: Well today is a babysitting day. Measurements yesterday weren't as great as the weight loss. But I am ok with that. I am hungry so I will catch yall later.

Lynn
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning all!
I sure do miss you over the weekends - I sincerely thought about coming online last night in the middle of the night just so I could get my "fix"
I had an okay time at the reunion - of course being the spouse at one of these things is never really fun - people I don't know talking about other people I don't know, you get the picture. At least it was at a campsite, so dd and I played in the park the whole time! It was a very nice campground at a lake with a little beach and 2 playgrounds - lots of woods. DD dragged me up this really steep hill - it was hard, but I made it - had to hang on to tree branches to pull myself up! So, I got a lot of activity in. And, I managed to stay on plan! My only deviation was when my dd shoved a cheesie in my mouth - I had to swallow it or hurt her feelings. It was only one, so I counted the carbs into my daily allowance and kept on plan! I was so stoked about staying true when I got home!

I was super excited to see everyone's losses posted over the weekend. A huge and to everyone!

Ags: I hope you get your email sorted out soon. .Maybe you'll need to get everyone from your address book written down and open a new email account. Have a great day - are you back to work yet? Or did you even take time off for your leg?

Lynnie: OMG! Fantastic job! Soon you will be nothing but skin and !

Learn: Way to go getting back in the pool and keeping busy when you couldn't! I truly admire your dedication to being POP!

Mrs Tee: I am so glad you decided to stick around here with us! COngrats on your loss also! We are going to kick the losing weight thing! Aren't dreams wonderful? I too have had that disappointed in myself feeling after eating thru a dream - but the relief is fantastic when you realize it was just a dream- and then you wish you could go back into it and enjoyit fully since you know you aren't actually cheating... Good for you for keeping the cake in moderation! I'm kind of like a recovering alcoholic - one is too manyand 1000 is not enough! If I can't have lots, I have a hard time having any - sometimes it's better for me to skip it altogether!

Gotta cut it short - the boss just came in - a quick hello to everyone - keep it positive!

Last edited by Laura G; 06-13-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #423  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Evening ladies,

I am here, but really tired.....It was a good day.....been poppin' right along. Had company from out of town yesterday and that was loads of fun.

Congrats to all the loser's this week..............keep on losing babies.

I will come back tomorrow and catch up on all the personals, but right now my bed is calling my name!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-13-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #424  

Morning all!
I suvived a long weekend here with no damage to the POP mind set- happy about that!
Everything else is going POPingly well, but a challenge next weekend, going away with the netball team for a tournament- lots of unplanned eating! But I'll do the best I can, make the best choices I can and be content.

So glad that everyone here seems to be POPing along - we'll all be over to the 290 thread before we know it!

GO WEASELS GO - eat that salad!!!! move that body!!!

MRS T
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #425  
Divine

positive thought: Self-confidence and a belief in yourself is a must. To instil confidence in others, you first must have confidence in yourself."

Positive action: Well I am off to babysit today. Yesterday was good babysitting day because Kayla who is 11 painted my toenails and fingernails a pink color. Rj was sick so he wasn't as bubbly as he usually is. He hates having his nose wiped though and throws fits on you. Friday is pay day. YAY!!!

Lynn
Old 06-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #426  

T-riffic Tuesday All!
Today is going to be a T-riffic Day, I can just feel it. YES!!!

Lynn- Enjoy the kiddies. Hopefully RJ is feeling better.

MrsTee- I know your gonna make all the right choices next weekend. You haven't come this far just to throw it all away.

Ags- Glad your back at work and your feeling better. Keep on POPPIN' POOPSY!

Laura- WOW!!! Sounds like you had a good time climbing that hill. What a great work-out that was.

POP yesterday and plan to be POP today. For me there is no other way!

My drs office asked me to come in yesterday for my EKG due to the dr having to go out of town thursday (actual appt. day). I'm hoping for the results today. They also did a breathing test and ugh! The results were not good on that. Did it twice and both times said I had the lung capacity of a 69 yr old. I'm sure the dr will discuss that also. I just try to remain POSITIVE that losing this weight will only make things better.

O.K. Weaselettes, gotta head to Walmart to get my son a new video game. That is his reward for making Honor Roll all year at school.

Have a wonderful tuesday all!

Learn
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #427  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Everybody!!

Learn,your lungs and everything thing else is gonna get so much better,I just know it will.the Devil is a liar!! great job on the lb Have a good day.

Laura,made it up that hill made good food choices excellent!! I'm like you..i know i can't have something just once and be done so i don't even start with it Have a great day!

Ms.T,you'll do great on your trip you have knowledge now, know how to make good choices and have a willingness to lose weight!! have a great evening/day

Lost,fantastic job on the 4 lbs you're doing great!!! have a wonderful time camping Have a great day

Wow Lynnie,7 lbs is awesome you go girl no problem about the inches..they're gonna move soon too it takes our bodies a while to catch up/settle into our weight loss i think. Have a wonderful day

Ags,hope you're having a great day and that you'll have a good nights rest.You work too hard. when can you retire

My positive.. I'm gonna continue to fight to get this weight off and then fight to keep it off.

Had a rude awakening yesterday..

Saw a lady on the track this Morning that i hadn't seen since last summer.She had gain so much weight(about 60 lbs)At first i thought she was pregnant,she looked so old, i was shame to look at her really I told her that it won't take long for her to lose it(only cause she said something about it first) and other words of encouragement but seeing her scared me silly.(i started to jog faster)She told me that she thought that was me but that i was half the size she remembered.

I know the same thing can happen to me.I don't want to gain my weight back. I must never forget how easy it is to gain this weight back and always remember how i got where i am today,use the tools i have ,keep adjusting/ living my new lifestyle and always stay aware about/of what i put in my mouth. I'm gonna fight the rest of my life to keep every lb off.I like me now.

Last edited by OnaMi; 06-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

So, in the spirit of bearing my soul, I must confess:

Last night, I binged. Full scale, no holds barred binged. I feel crappy about it. I've derailed my diet, yet again, and I am starting to feel like a failure. The diet works - there are hundreds of people on the thread that prove it, but it only works if you work it. I'm beginning to doubt myself and my abilities. It seems when other people are around I have no problem staying on track, but get me alone and I binge - I go so far off plan that there's not even a glimmer of where I used to be. Why do I do this to myself?

I acknowledge my stumble. I am getting back up today, dusting myself off, and continuing OP. I was so proud of what I had accomplished this weekend - I wonder if it was all psychological - I just may succedd, so to prevent failing near the end, I may as well give up and fail now to avoid the bigger disappointment later...? Does this make sense to anyone? I'm sure others have struggled with this - someone please help me - I need all the encouragement and motivationa nd support I can get, and I know you ladies are my rocks.

Someone please hear my plea for help!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post

Aw, Laura please don't beat yourself up anymore about going off plan. Remember it's only one day out of all those days you've stayed on plan. You can do this.
Every once in a while on this journey we forget to ask for directions and get lost. So here I am giving you directions...

Look straight ahead and make a right at Your Worth It Street. Now just keep it between the lines.

Relax and let it slide!

Learn
Old 06-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #430  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
So, in the spirit of bearing my soul, I must confess:

Last night, I binged. Full scale, no holds barred binged. I feel crappy about it. I've derailed my diet, yet again, and I am starting to feel like a failure. The diet works - there are hundreds of people on the thread that prove it, but it only works if you work it. I'm beginning to doubt myself and my abilities. It seems when other people are around I have no problem staying on track, but get me alone and I binge - I go so far off plan that there's not even a glimmer of where I used to be. Why do I do this to myself?

I acknowledge my stumble. I am getting back up today, dusting myself off, and continuing OP. I was so proud of what I had accomplished this weekend - I wonder if it was all psychological - I just may succedd, so to prevent failing near the end, I may as well give up and fail now to avoid the bigger disappointment later...? Does this make sense to anyone? I'm sure others have struggled with this - someone please help me - I need all the encouragement and motivationa nd support I can get, and I know you ladies are my rocks.

HUGS Laura!

I think that many of us can relate to how you are feeling. I know that for me personally I've experienced that feeling. The absolutely fantastic thing about that is that you recognized and acknowledged it almost immediately! That is something for sure to be proud of.

For me, I try to alleviate the problem as much as possible. Meaning that, I know that when I get really overbooked and strapped for time, I eat fast food - a lot! So I try to be mindful of that and use that as a measuring tool that I need to make some changes.

Perhaps you have some other adaptive techniques that are of interest to you when you're by yourself.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #431  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Everybody!!

My positive.. I'm gonna continue to fight to get this weight off and then fight to keep it off.

Had a rude awakening yesterday..

Saw a lady on the track this Morning that i hadn't seen since last summer.She had gain so much weight(about 60 lbs)At first i thought she was pregnant,she looked so old, i was shame to look at her really I told her that it won't take long for her to lose it(only cause she said something about it first) and other words of encouragement but seeing her scared me silly.(i started to jog faster)She told me that she thought that was me but that i was half the size she remembered.

I know the same thing can happen to me.I don't want to gain my weight back. I must never forget how easy it is to gain this weight back and always remember how i got where i am today,use the tools i have ,keep adjusting/ living my new lifestyle and always stay aware about/of what i put in my mouth. I'm gonna fight the rest of my life to keep every lb off.I like me now.
Ona, it's sad that the lady at the gym has gained quite a bit of weight. After working so hard, it is very disappointing and disheartening when the struggle continues. You have done so well, and you have made it a lifestyle change for you, as opposed to just a diet.

You've got this Ona!

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 06-14-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #432  

Aggh Laura Laura Laura - remember here - We ALL know that feeling, know everything you are going through now lovey.
The only thing to do is put it behind you, yes, maybe have a think about WHY it happened, but I think sometimes for us biggies, it comes down to a coping mechanism that has been in place all our lives.
Food is a type of drug for us, I know for me it gives me a weird manical pleasure to binge out, and all the while, somewhere inside me, I'll have made a deal with the devil, "I'll start tomorrow. There's no point starting today, it's evening; it's sunday; it's lunar eclipse" WHATEVER justification I can grasp onto.
The great thing is you are here, still pushing yourself to be OP. And, as so many people here have said, it's about the long haul for us - our weight issues can't be fixed by a eat-only-carrots and newspaper for a week type diet!!!!!

Imagine us all in your kitchen saying NOOOOO LAURA NOOOOO nest time you are tempted.
THAT IS IF WE"D ALL FIT IN YOUR KITCHEN - WE ARE QUITE A BIG CROWD!!!!!

And yes Ona, you've come a long way - Know that you are a great inspiration to us, and we all must remember how easy if would be to slip back into old habits and bingo before you know it, 6 or 60 lbs are back. Weight loss is a bit like pregnancy - the REAL work begins once the weight is lost....

BIG SMILES ALL - BE POPingly WELL !!!

PS Thanks Learn and Ona for the vote of confidence - and you are right - I will make good choices!!!

MTS T
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #433  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm just gonna keep it simple for now. My positive is I washed most of the dishes today and I cleaned the bathroom yesterday. That's all I have in my for now, hopefully tomorrow is a better day. What is that Japanese saying: the sun sets on the worst day and the best day.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #434  

Great Wednesday Morning She Weasels!
This is the second morning that the temps outside are already at 80 degrees.
OMG! It is feeling hot, hot, hot! To think is gets even worse come August down here.

Lost- Hey baby, how's it going? I am sending you one fantastic day with a whole bunch of other fantastic days attached.

MrsTee- Now imagine all of us in one kitchen... yea kinda a tight squeeze! Now imagine all of us in one kitchen several months later and someone asks, "Who's missing, the group seems smaller?" That's when I say, "We're all here, just thinner!" Yea Baby!

Honey- That's a big part of this journey. Know what your triggers are and learning to work around or with them, to alleviate the problem.

Laura- Worried about you darling. Hope your evening was a good one and you haven't beaten yourself up too much. Love ya girlfriend!

Ona- I know that getting this weight off will be a major improvement for me all the way around.
It must have been hard seeing the lady on the track, but how sweet of you to give her that little vote of confidence that it won't take her long to lose it. That came from the voice of experience.

O.K. POP day for me. Now an update on my EKG...
I called the drs office to see if the dr had gone over my EKG and her nurse asked if I happen to have the last EKG I had done. I said no, but it should be in my records from my previous dr. Apparently my EKG came back questionable and she wants to compare my recent one with the old one. I have to admit it kinda shook me up a little. The nurse is going to submit another request for my records and hopefully I will hear something soon.
Meanwhile I will remain POSITIVE that whatever she finds we will fix.

That's it for Learn this morning, gonna go start some laundry. Hope there's plenty of POPPIN' going on for my fellow Weaselettes.

Learn

P.S. Ags a.k.a. colormeskinny47! Where are you?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #435  
Divine

positive thought: I believe everything happens for a reason,people change so you can learn to let go and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

positive action: I am so busy until 1 or 2 that I didn't get my exercise in yesterday. So I may have to do nightly walks instead of morning walks because I am so tired in the morning. But at least I am busy!!!
Closed Thread