Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #361  
made my dad a promise

S/C/G: 302/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Welcome to the POSITIVE thread. Just jump right in and enjoy all the friends, support and motivation you'll get here on 3FC.
Look forward to getting to know you better.

Learn
Thanks, Learn! I've been lurking for a few weeks now, so I'm starting to feel like I know you all a bit, now I just have do some sharing of my own. Baby steps - just like with the weightloss. But the folks on this site, and especially this group are awesomely supportive and kind, I'm so glad to have a found a "home" for this journey.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 380/371.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
That's an awesome POSITIVE MadBlackWoman! Planning ahead is so important when on this journey. Keep up the great Will Power!

By the way welcome to the POSITIVE THREAD. I look forward to getting to know you better.
We like to shorten user names here, is it O.K. if I call you MBW?

Folks here call me Learn for short!
Yep, totally fine to shorten it! I am always abbreviating things myself (to the annoyance of some friends and confusion of others!), so totally fine

Thanks for the cheerful welcome, all.

ilb: I know what you mean about not wanting to turn down time to see friends because of the fear. I feel the same way, particularly because right now we're all about to head into final exam period (where we all turn into hermits), and then we're all going to be scattered across the US working at various internships this summer. After this month, I won't see many of them again until September. My hope is that when I see them in September, I knock their socks off because I look so amazingly different.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #363  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

Wow, the last time I was on here, there were 19 pages worth of posts. Now it's 24! Sorry I have been away! I've been at work, reading, essays, and going to the gym. Anyway, for the personals I promised!

Ags, I am so glad your husband is okay and I am glad the God answered your prayers about him going to church. Praise the Lord! Also, I'm glad you got to talk to your sister for over an hour. Thanks for always making all of us feel welcomed, it is appreciated more than you know!

Misty, I am so happy you met someone! I've not really met anyone just yet. Hoping a really hot and sweet Scotsman (Mr. McRight, anyone?) walks up and sweeps me off my feet! Pft, I wish. Anyway, so glad you met a special person and I hope things keep going well!

Learn, thanks for the encouragement on the essays. Much appreciated as well. Glad to see that you are on target and enjoying the Florida sunshine probably!

Lynne, so glad you are on track with the no snacking and are getting some exercise in while shopping. We can do it, girl! =)

Also, thanks for all the warm wishes and prayers for my paper. I haven't gotten it back yet, but I am terrified. I'll let you know what I get, hopefully a nice grade!

Anyway, so I have been working out steadily for the past month and what, two weeks? I took pictures today and I simply am amazed. I knew I was losing, but I didn't really realize it until I saw today. So, my positive uplifting things about me is that I am actually doing this! I am so excited and pumped. I love seeing the little results. I've been doing really well on the calorie counting, as well. I can't remember the last time I have seen results like these. I'm just so happy. AND five different guys at different times flirted with me the day before yesterday and two more today. MUST BE A FLUKE, LOL. It did/does boost my ego and gives/gave me a little lift. I know, superficial but oh well. Anyway, I have two pics to post but I don't know if this is the right thread to post them in (and I'm really shy about it as no one really has posted pics in the Pic thread). I'd like to see if anyone else could tell a difference but, erm, a bit timid. Ha, ha. Okay, hope everyone is doing wonderfully! And again, we CAN DO THIS! xxx

Bridget

Last edited by reallytrying; 04-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #364  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Happy Beautiful day my loves,

Blanche,
Just me computer illiterate, you should have seen me, you have been laughing sooooo hard. Could not figure it out at all, soooo that post is truly lost in the sauce.
That was some serious drinking at the water hole, when you figure it out why, let me know. Watch out, you may be a pee pot today!!!LOL LOL
Keep on POP'IN sista!!!

Shannon,
My Mali adored looking at the pictures over over over again, thanks for the new one's. They are amazing to me. LILY has a nack with that camera!!! Do I see a potential photograher budding!!!! That is one beautiful little girl you have there. I love looking at her cute sweet face and hey that picture of you, well can I just say, ONE HOT MOMMA!!! You look great darling!!! The butterflies are awesome and these today, even better. I love the pic with all the animals with food in their mouth. Made me think of me!!! LOL LOL
That Kangaroo looks just like me!! hahahaha And the gorilla, me again, taking it slow and savoring every bite!! hahaha

Lynn,
Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!!!

I have had a fantastic day. Chilled at home since I was off, eat healthy, talked on the phone with my sister for over and hour and now talking to all my fav ladies!!! How is that for my positives....OH YEAH!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags
Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #365  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

WOW,

Ohla once again chica's,

I started my post before I left home for my WW meeting.......needless to say I missed some folks. Soooooooo, I'm back with arms stretched wide open to WELCOME the newest to the bunch. We are one big happy family here and Lynn is so right, we don't bite at all. So come back any time, stay awhile and get too know us all, we will be right here for ya!!!!

WELCOME MBW,
When I first read your name, all I could think of was Tyler Perry, hahahaha
Hope you don't mind me shortening your name. I am proud of you already, first for coming here and second for planning ahead. I promise that healthy meal helped out alot. Curving your appetite and sticking to only one drink was definetly the right road to take. My daughter goes out with her friends alot and to bars at happy hour, she has learned just as you are doing, to eat first at home and stick to one or two drinks. WTG!!!!!!

WELCOME Ilbnej,
Thanks for joining our Positive Thread, we love new folks, the more the merrier!!!
Sweetie, don't worry you will learn to manuver around all those tantilizing appetizers, so don't even think about not hanging out with your friends. Pick the best choice of what they have to offer, eat is slow, and sip away at your one drink. AT least you have still had fun with your friends and made the best possible choice of what was available for you. Don't know what program you are following, but make you just set aside enough points, calories, or whaterver to use to allow you to fit it in and still have FUN!!!!

Bridgett,
I have missed your face sweetie and am glad you have stopped in for a few. It is just so rewarding to see that scale going down down baby. You must be on hot chica now, look at you stopping guys in their tracks all to take a look see at the new and more improved, beautiful BRIDGETT!!!!! Get it girl!!!! I would be smiling from ear to ear, shucks, I am smiling ear to ear for ya!!! Please do post your pics here, I know I would love to see and am sure everyone else would too. I am so excited for ya. One day, one day, I will stop traffic again!! LOL LOL Right now it is just a sweet memory for me!! hahahaha Love ya darling!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #366  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hey honey bees!

How's it going? I have missed y'all. I had a terrible allergic reaction to some perfume and am recovering. I had bumps and welts all over my skin... eww! it was horrible.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to do my aquafit classes (didn't know if the chlorine would irritate the reaction) lately, but have still been doing good with my eating.

Work has been so busy that I barely have time to come on here. I did want to pipe in and say that I am so happy to see everyone still pushing forward! Spring is in the Air, and we are all THAT much closer.

Have a goodnight! Hugs to all!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #367  

Okee Dokee Smokies!
I farted around this morning (yes, I fart and I'm proud of it!) and all of a sudden I look at the clock and now I'm short on time.
I will be back later after I drop my son off at school to post my what for's and personals.

Gonna be another awesome day, I can feel it!

Later - Learn
Old 04-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #368  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: When you wholeheartedly adopt a "with all your heart" attitude and go out with the positive principle, you can do incredible things.
Norman Vincent Peale

Positive action: I have been staying on track with all aspects of my Plan. Had a goodnights sleep.

Hello ladies,
Hope you have a stupendous day. Smile and let the world see the positive you.

Lynn
Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #369  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! Hope you're all just about ready to embark on another wonderful day!

Learn, get that young man where he needs to go, then c'mon back and tell us what's doin' for your day! I know it's selfish of me to just post whenever I feel like it, but to always expect you to be here first thing to get us started! You have an important job here, and I hope you realize how much I appreciate your efforts. Too bad you aren't getting paid! You are the best wing-woman Ducky could have ever found!

HoneyBee, sorry to hear about your rash, but glad to see you pop in. You sound good!

Bridget, WOW! You are so excited about the changes you are making! Getting me excited, too! That success really helps keep things on track, huh? Isn't it amazing how we don't have to get anywhere close to goal before we start to feel so much better? A lot of it for me is that when I am taking care of my body the way I should, I don't have that nagging in the back of my mind that my actions are not in line with what I'm trying to achieve. When I stop being at odds with myself and everything is on the same page, not only do I lose weight, but I am less anxious and just feel so much better! I'm so glad you are feeling so good!

MBW, I'm so glad you decided to post. When I first started on this thread I wasn't sure I could keep up with everyone. And sometimes I'm still not too good at it. But I have really gotten to know the ladies here and it's a really good place for support! Great job on fitting your new lifestyle into your lifestyle! If you really want it bad, all of those temptations and potential minefields can be worked around. You proved it!

Ilbnej, to you, too! I love your avatar pic! I hope you find this a safe place to open up and share your journey. I started off here back in May when I started this, and it's definitely my "home" here on 3FC.

Lynnie, WTG on your progress with the night eating! We all have our own certain things we do (DID) that we have to overcome, and you are definitely up for the challenge, huh! I'm glad you liked the butterfly pictures!

Ona, thank you for my own personal cheer post! I see you noticed I'm only 2 lbs away from my second goal now. Thank you!!!

Ducky, awwww, thank you for the nice words about the pictures. That was so cute about Mali looking at them. I love that so much! That trip to the zoo was really special for me. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I am becoming the mom I want to be. Last year I don't think I would have braved the zoo, let alone the next day after the butterflies! Best of all, we got a zoo membership, so this won't be our last trip there. I'll post some more pics for Mali to admire next time we go. And one last thing, that Gorilla was so hilareous! He had that big bowl of food, and he was being so picky about what he was eating. It had pineapple, 2 different kinds of beans, and some lettuce and carrots. He was munching on the pineapple, then he got a handful of the beans and put them on the ground and started picking out the red ones and eating those and leaving the others. He picked up that hunk of lettuce, sniffed it, and put it right back in the bowl. We got such a kick out of him picking out his favorites! Oh, and BTW, thanks for saying Lily and me are pretty!

So to continue the Spring Break saga, yesterday Lily and I went for a beautiful walk at a trail around a big lake. It's 1.2 miles around, and when we left, we said we'd go once and then decide if we felt like going again. The 2 of us with our water bottles, Ipods, and tennis shoes were cruising around that lake, and when we made it around once, we decided to keep going for another lap. Lily jogged most of the 2nd lap, stopping to let me catch up every once in awhile. It made me feel so proud that I am teaching her that it can be FUN to exercise together and live an active lifestyle!

Next we went to the movies and saw Battle Los Angeles. It was more of a war movie than an alien movie, and to my surprise, Lily liked it. I thought it was just so-so, a lot like Independence Day but not half as good. Then when we came home we saw Independence Day on HBO On Demand, so we watched that, too! That is one of my favorite movies, along with Rocky.

Today we are going to lunch with my mom and my sister, and then I think we'll go to the mall. We *might* go on another walk this morning if it's not raining!

I hope you all have an outstanding day!!

Last edited by shannonmb; 04-08-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #370  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Hi ladies! Hope you're all just about ready to embark on another wonderful day!

Learn, get that young man where he needs to go, then c'mon back and tell us what's doin' for your day! I know it's selfish of me to just post whenever I feel like it, but to always expect you to be here first thing to get us started! You have an important job here, and I hope you realize how much I appreciate your efforts. Too bad you aren't getting paid! You are the best wing-woman Ducky could have ever found!

HoneyBee, sorry to hear about your rash, but glad to see you pop in. You sound good!

Bridget, WOW! You are so excited about the changes you are making! Getting me excited, too! That success really helps keep things on track, huh? Isn't it amazing how we don't have to get anywhere close to goal before we start to feel so much better? A lot of it for me is that when I am taking care of my body the way I should, I don't have that nagging in the back of my mind that my actions are not in line with what I'm trying to achieve. When I stop being at odds with myself and everything is on the same page, not only do I lose weight, but I am less anxious and just feel so much better! I'm so glad you are feeling so good!

MBW, I'm so glad you decided to post. When I first started on this thread I wasn't sure I could keep up with everyone. And sometimes I'm still not too good at it. But I have really gotten to know the ladies here and it's a really good place for support! Great job on fitting your new lifestyle into your lifestyle! If you really want it bad, all of those temptations and potential minefields can be worked around. You proved it!

Ilbnej, to you, too! I love your avatar pic! I hope you find this a safe place to open up and share your journey. I started off here back in May when I started this, and it's definitely my "home" here on 3FC.

Lynnie, WTG on your progress with the night eating! We all have our own certain things we do (DID) that we have to overcome, and you are definitely up for the challenge, huh! I'm glad you liked the butterfly pictures!

Ona, thank you for my own personal cheer post! I see you noticed I'm only 2 lbs away from my second goal now. Thank you!!!

Ducky, awwww, thank you for the nice words about the pictures. That was so cute about Mali looking at them. I love that so much! That trip to the zoo was really special for me. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I am becoming the mom I want to be. Last year I don't think I would have braved the zoo, let alone the next day after the butterflies! Best of all, we got a zoo membership, so this won't be our last trip there. I'll post some more pics for Mali to admire next time we go. And one last thing, that Gorilla was so hilareous! He had that big bowl of food, and he was being so picky about what he was eating. It had pineapple, 2 different kinds of beans, and some lettuce and carrots. He was munching on the pineapple, then he got a handful of the beans and put them on the ground and started picking out the red ones and eating those and leaving the others. He picked up that hunk of lettuce, sniffed it, and put it right back in the bowl. We got such a kick out of him picking out his favorites! Oh, and BTW, thanks for saying Lily and me are pretty!

So to continue the Spring Break saga, yesterday Lily and I went for a beautiful walk at a trail around a big lake. It's 1.2 miles around, and when we left, we said we'd go once and then decide if we felt like going again. The 2 of us with our water bottles, Ipods, and tennis shoes were cruising around that lake, and when we made it around once, we decided to keep going for another lap. Lily jogged most of the 2nd lap, stopping to let me catch up every once in awhile. It made me feel so proud that I am teaching her that it can be FUN to exercise together and live an active lifestyle!

Next we went to the movies and saw Battle Los Angeles. It was more of a war movie than an alien movie, and to my surprise, Lily liked it. I thought it was just so-so, a lot like Independence Day but not half as good. Then when we came home we saw Independence Day on HBO On Demand, so we watched that, too! That is one of my favorite movies, along with Rocky.

Today we are going to lunch with my mom and my sister, and then I think we'll go to the mall. We *might* go on another walk this morning if it's not raining!

I hope you all have an outstanding day!!

WTG on the 2 laps!!! I so need to get an ipod.

Lynn
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #371  

I'm back, I'm back!

Lynn- Another good night! AWESOME!!!

Shannon- Again love the pics. Lily has a good eye with the camera and now she's picking up an active lifestyle. Good for you!

Honey- So sorry to hear about the allergic reaction. Did you see your doctor about it? I had the same reaction from anti-depressants and was given a steroid shot for it, which helped and also the nurse recommended Eurcerin Calming Lotion. It's sold pretty much everywhere and helped sooth things while waiting for the shot to kick in. Feel better.

Bridget- Wow! You've been busy! You've done an awesome job staying on plan. Love your new avatar pic!

MBW- So glad you joined our group and hope you'll stick with us. We love a crowd here on the POSITIVE thread.

Ilbnej- You also, glad your here. Don't be nervous, just join in when your ready. By the way, what does Ilbnej stand for?

Ags- I can't believe it! You called me Blanche! Awwww!!!
Your gonna have to have your daughter show you how to copy and paste a document, it really ends the frustration of losing a post.
So glad you had a chillin' day at home yesterday, you deserve it girlfriend.

I had a good POP day yesterday. Got rid of half of the sudden gain I had over night. I picked up a potassium supplement and have started taking that this morning. Suppose to help with my blood pressure and help release water retention.
Today I will finally go visit mom with ice cream in hand to win her over. LOL!!! Then when I get home I think I'll have some steamed veggies for lunch. Gotta craving and gotta satisfy it!

Hope everyone has a great day. Let's be POP together!

Learn
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #372  
Keepin' on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
WTG on the 2 laps!!! I so need to get an ipod.

Lynn
I agree!! I am telling you, the difference is night and day for me. I get going with my songs and I barely notice the burn in my legs, that I'm breathing heavy, anything. Load that thing up with good songs and you'll want to keep going just to keep listenin'! I personally ONLY listen to mine when I'm exercising (or cleaning) because it makes exercising something to look forward to -- I get to hear my tunes! HIGHLY recommended! Oh, but make sure you get a good pair of earphones too, because the buds that come with it don't stay in my ears too well.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #373  
Divine

Yeah I am three days into my no snacking challenge. I do count a snack on my carbs though just incase. But so far so good.

Last edited by lynnie923; 04-08-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 304/304/199

Height: 5'3

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

As I read through this thread, I couldn't help but smile at all the warm and positive energy each and every one of you give off. What a wonderful way to start the morning! After years of allowing the negative thoughts to control my life, it is so refreshing to finally allow the positive thoughts shine through!

My positive for this morning is that when I stepped on the scale for my official starting weigh in, I smiled. Although the number was shocking, I didn't allow it to get the best of me. Instead, I took a deep breath, faced myself in the mirror and smiled. Today is the day I start living. Today is the day I start creating a happier and healthier life for myself.

Wishing you all a day full of love and laughter! <3

-Kayla
Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #375  
Keepin' on...

Oh my gosh, Kayla, please stick around because I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE you!!!! Today is an absolutely PERFECT day to start your happier, healthier life!
Closed Thread