Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #151  

Height: 5'7"

I admit I had 3 cupcakes on my bday. I enjoyed each one and now Im glad they are out of the house!!
Hubby and I have increased our exercise to 2 miles plus warm ups and cool downs. I also ran down to the basement yesterday and hit the weight( after cleaning off the dust). I am a bit sore all over today..and it feels good!
Food is good...but the scales are being stubborn and not moving. Going to try and increase my water a bit more today.

We got more snow and IM so SICK of it. I put my snowman collection away and am praying that it puts an end to the snow.LOL
Worked on the house all day long yesterday. Feels good to know its clean. Today I will do the hall and stairs and baseboards. FUN FUN
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

All good on the homefront here - winter boredom didn't get me yesterday! Food and exercise are great!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all -- I think this is the time when Plans that were so strong in the New Year start to wane. Sounds like lots of us doing well, though.

I had a very good day yesterday. Stayed on plan and exercised! Yay!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #154  

Yay, the scale was down a bit this morning, not much, but I will take every little loss.

Good going everyone. No waning here, not yet anyway.

Ruth
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I went out to dinner last night and slightly overdid it, but I ate a little less the day before so it all evened out. No waning here on the eating plan.

The largest of my clothes are getting a bit looser. It is a nice feeling to notice a difference finally.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #156  

No waning for me - I need my clothes to fit - then to get loose!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #157  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Still struggling here. I've got to work on portion control at breakfast. It's to break a fast not eat as much as you can cause you're not tasting any more food for a week!

Grocery list day for me. Need to be sure to only shop the outside aisles. I get myself in trouble in the others.

B.Ax, I was out yesterday evening too. Was in control there and the leftover
steak and baked potato are tonights dinner. Congrats on feeling the change in how your clothes are fitting.

Carol, You've got it right. My clothes need to fit first .... then ... they can get loose from there.

Heather, Deb, Angela, Ruth: Hope you all have a great POP day!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #158  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Did my bare minimums today--journalled and exercised. As long as I make it through to Monday, I'll go ahead and start a goal that has to do with actually cutting calories Given that I've been at 2000 or above every day, I'm thinking I'll start at 1950 with one whole foods meal a day.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #159  

Good morning ladies, it is official, my weight is down ten lbs since the first of Jan. The first ten lbs are usually rather easy for me and then it is a battle to lose more. We shall see how it goes. It is true that the older you get the slower the weight comes off, or in my case that is so.

Angela, cutting calories is a good thing. I do a low carb diet right now, but I am also trying to go easy on the calories. I should journal, but I am too lazy.

j-ann, I love my b'fast too. A lot of people skip that meal, couldn't do it myself. The only time I miss b'fast is when I am sick or going in for blood work.

Carol, good for you on the not waning! The clothes WILL get loose.

BA, it does feel great when the clothes start to loosen up. I still have some from when I weighed 319. LOL! I put a top on and it nearly swallowed me. Yay! I wanted to do some drudge work and didn't want to mess up anything that I wear now. You know what? It was uncomfortable to try to clean the oven with that thing on. LOL!

Heather, How is it going? Have you completed your remodel project?

to all, Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 01-28-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #160  

Ruth - YAY for you! The first 10 is the easiest for me too - since I'm at about 11 gone since the first of the year I'm trying to only worry about the next single pound - just have to stay the course. I agree it's so much harder at this age than it used to be. I hear you about wearing something that is too sloppy - not good - I have a few things like that to work in the yard in - fortunately I got rid of all my clothes from when I was 349 - afraid I would feel like I could grow back in to them.

Angela - I admire your ability to journal everything that goes into your mouth - when I am not eating right there would not be enough time as I'm a grazer.

Judy - I'm a breakfast lover too - now I stick with oatmeal every day, sometimes a piece of fruit. I get in trouble if my breakfast doesn't stay with me through the morning - for some reason eggs or cold cereal don't do the job.

Battle - get in the early morning exercise?

Heather - how are you?

I've decided the fire to exercise isn't going to appear on it's own - today after I swim I have a one on one with my trainer and then my plan is about 30 minutes cardio. If it truly gets into the 40s today the pups and I will head out and dodge the snow drifts and meltoff for a well deserved walk, I'll light that fire myself!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies -- I'm hanging in there.

Ruth -- The kitchen remodel still needs to get started -- I'll be scheduling cabinet delivery today. Bathroom is demo'ed, but we still aren't ready to paint yet.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #162  

Height: 5'7"

Carol- we are suppost to be in the 40s also and I plan to take the little boys on a stroll.OH how I miss being outside!!!

ruth- awesome job on the 10lbs!!! I think the longer we yo-yo diet the harder it gets. Ive been yo-yoing these 15lbs for almost 2 yrs now. Keep up the great job!!

angela- i know for me whole foods are what it takes!!

judy- until 3 yrs ago when I started this journey I never ate breakfast. Now I wouldnt get out of bed without it!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm hanging in on course with eating. I did exercise once this work week, which is not enough but it's once more than I did last week. I may be able to get a walk in this afternoon.

Lots of stress going on at work which I am happy to say I am not eating through. Times like this are important to show me I can control my eating through the challenging phases as well as the smooth phases. But I have to say corporate life "post-recession" (ha) sux.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #164  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

B.A. I was doing great in 2009 and the start of 2010. Then the company dangled a fantastic retirement offer in front of us and dragged it's decisions over who could retire with the offer out to October. I just wanted out. By the end of August I know I was spending more time eating than working. (Definitely NOT a good thing.) On 10/1 they finally told many of us we would be off payroll on 10/10. I know I've put back on everything I've lost but I'm happy, retired and away from the corporate nonsense and I'm slowly regaining control of my eating issues.

I applaud your being able handle corporate stress w/o falling back on food. I know how hard that is. Keep up the good mindset.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #165  

I had an absolutely great day - lots of exercise and a fantastic day of good choices.
Closed Thread