Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Im struggling today!! I havent cheated but OH HOW IM TEMPTED!!! I find when Im on the phone I want to reach for a snack...I wont do it!! Trying to increase water today to help fight off snack attack...its not real hunger just wanting junky carbs.
Getting ready to do my dvd again...
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Day two - exercise and POP - actually worked up a sweat tonight. Trying to be prepared for my trainer tomorrow night - oh it's been a long month - she's gonna work me hard thankfully!

Gotta say I didn't sleep as soundly last night - too many potty breaks - lol. No complaining - gotta get a quick start getting rid of the water weight.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- I'm trying to drink tea when I start to feel that way.

Ladyknight -- Good changes, though!

Carol -- yay on sweat and trainers!

I had a good workout today, and it really makes me want to stay on plan!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #19  

Smile Hello!

Good morning, and Happy New Year to all of you.

Well here we go again! New year and another go at losing weight. I am so confused that I don't know which way to go to lose the weight. I have tried every plan and they all work, but unfortunatly I don't last with any of them. One thing I know for sure, there is no magic pill or formula to do it for you.

It is good to see the same faces here. I wish you all the best in this coming year. Ta for now, Ruth
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #20  

Ruth - truer words never spoken - I have trouble with consistency too. I also have problems with tight pants - thankfully I have no bigger ones so I can't just move in to them - I certainly have smaller ones though. So good to see your smiling face - please visit regularly - we miss you!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #21  

Ruth- its so great to hear from you!!

heather- I will try some tea today if i get snacky today.

carol- hubby joined me on the workout dvd and we both had a good sweat going.

How is it that I can forget how good it feels to lose that bloated feeling. My rings are lose again and I just feel lighter. LOL Scales are inching down...trying not to think how far I have to go to be back to my lowest in 09. Just trying to think in terms of getting to goal...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #22  

I do feel better for having more control over my eating yesterday!!!

Hi Ruth!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #23  

We can do this one day at a time...one choice at a time.

Today has been another day of fighting the snack urge. Still fighting and still winning!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #24  

Debbie - good job!

DH and I both made it to the gym tonight - why do I forget how good this feels.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #25  

No gym -- But a very good food day and very productive evening. I'm okay with that.

Tomorrow for the first time ever I have people coming to clean my house! I'm very excited.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #26  

Default Super charged!

I would be doing that happy dance if I didn't know that my 2lb. weight loss wasn't just water weight, but hey you have to start somewhere right? Made me feel a little better.

I am doing a low carb diet, not atkins, just cutting out white, wheat, and sugar, and just about everything I love! I don't know how long this will last.

I hope you are all doing well. Ruth
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #27  

Ruth- its makes me smile to see you posting with us again.
Its so hard to break habits...your doing great and water weight is still weight!!

heather- wow I bet you are excited about having your house cleaned by someone else. Throw something in the crockpot so that you can come home to dinner....what a nice treat!!

Carol- way to go on getting to the gym and Ed going is sure a bonus!!

I just had to share something with you...my older daughter is 25 and has been a stick her whole life. She is now 31 weeks pregnant and has gained 17lbs. ( i can gain that much on a week long binge). She is complaining about how hard it is for her to do things and she said NO WONDER you feel so much better when you lose weight. Its true we do feel better with even a few lbs off. Just imagine how great we will feel at GOAL!!!

Hubby exercise with me again last night. Food was great again.
I decided one reason I struggle with snacking is that I run an inhome daycare. I want to snack when the kids snack. I am having hubby pick me up some celery today so I can have a crunchy snack while they have chips or whatever moms send.
Have a GREAT day everyone!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #28  

Ruth - I'm doing the same thing - more real food, not much processed, it's really how my body likes to eat but that sugar and white carbs are like a magnet to my hips. You made me smile too - thank you!

Heather - oh send them here please. Last year my niece received house cleaning for a year from her DH as her holiday gift - she said this year it's a given that it will be a repeat.

Deb - what a great realization from a thin mindset. Doesn't it feel good being back in control.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #29  

Default ezekial bread

Carol, have you tried the ezekial breads? They aren't bad and they have no flour. Kinda pricey, but worth it if you want toast or a sandwich. I limit it also though. I love, love, love bread! And yes, straight to the hips.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #30  

I have had a much better day..no snacky mode at all. I think its because I ate a bit more at breakfast today. Im going to try to do my heavier calories early in the day and go really really light for dinner. My grandmother use to always say that was the problem with people....we ate our heaviest meal and went to bed. I love love love bread also...and chips and sweets.
Closed Thread