Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Afternoon all,

I just got back from Old Navy and I bought 2 new sweaters. They are so soft and pretty. It is getting very cold here so perfect timing.

My sides are a bit sore from the swim last night. lol. I usually swim way further than that but I was going as fast as I could so that is probably why I'm sore.

Heather: Thanks

Kayley: Is the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels? Yep, I am hoping to have the skin removal. I am working on hopefully clever ideas to get it paid for. lol.

Carol:

Rat:
Julia:

Susannah: Insurance considers skin removal "cosmetic" with the exception of a panectomy. Unfortunately or fortunately which ever way you look, at it, I have lost enough weight where a panectomy won't work for me. So I need a lower body lift. That runs around $12,000 without lippo which the Surgeon says I don't need. Arms and thighs are each $6500. Breast lift with implants is about $11,000. So, it is a substantial amount. As I mentioned to Kayley, I am trying to find ways to get it paid for.

Cyn: Blessings to you on all the pre-op stuff.

Ally: I hope we finish the class by the end of this month.

Jacquie: Your smoothy sounds super nutritious.

Pink: Welcome. Glad to have you here.

Well, I have group therapy tonight and I am so looking forward to it. I used to get an anonymous letter in the mail often when I was 510 pounds. It is someone who knows me because even when I moved from CA to Idaho I still got them. They would just be addressed to me with a magazine article inside about weight loss and a handwritten note saying," annie, try this it may work for you". Well, I haven't gotten them since I lost weight but today I got one with a flyer magazine cutout in it about wrinkles and saying, Annie try it it works. It really upsets me that whomever is mailing these to me doesn't have the courage to put their name on the envelope. I think they are mean. I had to mail something today from the UPS store and I asked her to check the zip code of where it is from and it is from Scottsdale Arizona. They used to be postmarked from Southern CA. I hope that I can get over this without internalizing it. Oh well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #32  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone. Well my dvd's arrived yesterday. I worked out to the first one for the full 40 minutes. It wasn't too difficult but I was glad I did it. I sweated as much as I do in the WATP 2 mile video so it was worth it. Supposedly the workouts get more difficult as you go up in numbers Dvd 1, 2, 3, 4. I'm going to be teaching the adult class tonight so I brought an extra snack with me to hold me over til I get home. I'm also planning on doing the WATP video tonight. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #33  

Annie,

Those are a marketing scheme. I got one too when I first got to MD. My Mom in NC and she mentioned it and then I told her I got one.... then we figured it out! Ignore them. It's not anyone of your friends.

It is VERY disconcerting to get a handwritten note saying something about your weight that's anonymous, but trust me on this one. Marketing crap.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #34  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-It's been a long time since I've went for the rubber brick. That brought back memories of warm summer days at Camp Fire camp.

I make my pizzas with whole wheat pita bread baked in a wood fired brick oven by little old ladies in Little Lebanon. I'm pretty sure sitting there watching them, breathing the aromas is a sin it is so decadent.

Still cleaning and arranging for Monday. That is Thanksgiving here. I'm making adobo turkeys and sausage dressing made with chorizo. I've got to go to the Portuguese bakery tomorrow for some day old bread. I tried to do something different every time so that it won't get boring. I suspect that we will have 2 dozen people. I've got to make two turkeys just in case.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone.

Fixing to have a fruit smoothie this morning...I need to get to the produce market to get some more veggies and lettucey things. Hehe... I'm thinking about mango, raspberry, and banana...ahhhh we'll see.

I believe I have my first SHOULDER INJURY! *shows everyone and waits for the oooOOooos* lol It hurts to push on the joint and it is a bit sore, so going to keep an eye on it. Not stopping me though. Just interesting that I now get these little injuries like my hip or my ankle or bruises lol. I get them from being active hahaha. Prof that I do exercise! I just never count all day walking around as activity to put in that exercise thread lol.

This weekend I have a family visit and will see my nephews and niece, all are below the age of 6. So, I went out and got some supplies and made bag treats for them for Halloween for the weekend. I hope they like them. I'm amazed at how cheap toys and things are. You know little trinkets of joy like blowing bubble spooky rings or gummy vampire tongues with teeth. Everything was very inexpensive and nothing cost more than $2.00. So, we spent very little on the treat bags. I'm going to go buy myself a witchy hat and just get some basic decorations. We like to do little surprises for them and even though my boyfriend's family doesn't get it, they like never do anything, the kids LOVE it. I mean even for their birthday I single handily put up cheap decorations and they are like "why?" lol Goodness people...ENJOY life don't hide from it. Last year I got some cheap themed things for the holidays and the kids go nuts. They are like "ohhhhhhh look at that!" and the run around wearing funny hats and things. It isn't that hard to put in a little effort with the kids. I mean their own parents put in effort 24/7 to raise em, they do special things for them especially on their birthdays, I think the rest of the clan can you know blow up a balloon or two! lol *swats them* I remember the younger one last year, on the way up to see everyone, said to his parents that he hopes there are balloons. Knowing how lazy and completely clueless everyone else is, they sort of said there may be balloons, but there may not be. So, imagine the little one's surprise when he walks in and there are balloons lol. He was so excited, it was his birthday and he felt so special, and the thing is I LITERALLY had to tell them and beg my boyfriend to blow them up and hang them as I was doing ALL the cooking with his Mum. That gives you an idea of what is to come for the holidays lol.

I'm going to do my non Taebo workout today, well I wanted to do the TaeBo, but not with a hurt shoulder. That would be bad, so I'll downgrade and focus on the other, which is still a challenge, but eh not as fun!

I hope everyone is well!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Shan: Woo hoo to getting your DVD's and actually doing them. Great job!

Rat: Thanks so much for setting me straight. I couldn't for the life of me figure out who is doing that year after year.

Catherine: Glad it brought back memories for you. lol.

Jacquie: I hope your shoulder gets better very soon.

Well, I am feeling so icky today. Almost fluish but It is also TOM so that may be it. I am tryhing to take it easy so I can go to the lifeguard class tonight and do well. I am just doing little household chores like dusting and stuff. I may vacuum later if I feel like it. I am going to go take a warm bath and try to relax in the water for a while.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #37  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I am feeling more positive today because I went to see the psychiatrist at school (instead my GP who usually does my meds), and she was really really nice, and she thinks she can help me with my OCD and with the weight gain. She FINALLY took me off the horrible medication that made me start gaining weight in the first place. She said it's not uncommon for people to gain even 200 lbs on it!!! She said it doesn't even help that much with obsessions anyway, and there are better meds that don't have that side effect. So keeping my fingers crossed!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

PINK: I have OCD and take Lexapro and Abilify for it. These are supposed to be weight-neutral. What were you on---Risperdal, Paxil or Zyprexa? I know that those can be awful in terms of weight gain.

As for me, I thought I de-lurk because I have decided after many years of analysis and some very careful thought to pursue a type of weight loss surgery called the the vertical sleeve. This has not been an easy decision but I feel that this procedure is right for me. I don't feel that I am giving up--I just came to the realization that after 20 years of failing at every attempt to diet and modify my behavior that the sleeve may be the best answer for me.
It is so hard to bring up WLS in the diet community because it is a bit of a minefield and delicate to discuss. I know I shall soundly be drummed out of my WW group. I hope that the friends I have made will appreciate that it is a personal decision based on my own history.
Pennie

Last edited by CatWuv; 10-07-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #39  
Just keeping on truckin'

CatWuv - Hahaha. I am on Risperdal. I was also on Paxil AS WELL as Risperdal up until a year ago. Nice combination for someone with food isssues. Yeah. Anyway, coming off the Risperdal now. Phew! I have heard good things about Abilify. Not sure if it's available in Canada yet, but I will definitely ask about it!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Height: 5'9"

Cat - you did your homework, you made a decision - ostensibly with a doctor's help. What's to judge? Good luck!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Catwuv -- I hope you don't find anyone in our 300+ group who gives you grief about the surgery! That wouldn't be appropriate! This is a SUPPORT site, and we support all kinds of healthy weight loss, surgery included.

Last edited by Heather; 10-07-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Annie - Shoulder is already feeling better. I like that I can go onto the internets and find out information about injuries that weren't caused by me being too fat and lazy. It was caused by all my activity haha.

Cat - I know that some people get all bent out of shape about WLS and the only thing I ever say, which I believe I did in your thread about binging, is just to be safe and happy and if you need it, you need it. You know yourself, you're doing all the work and research and talking to the experts. So, if someone has a problem with that then that is their problem. Besides I think we all just want to see you happy, safe, positive, and feeling like you can talk about anything with us! I hope you de-lurk more, but if not just know that I'm sending you good vibes!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

cat: you have our support here. Everyone has to do what works for them!

Annie: Don't get the FLU!!!

Jacquie: I would ahve loved to ahve been your niece!! Preparing for them like that. I will have my niece and nephew Saturday for a few hours..dollar store here I come!

As for me: This morning was rough at work! My nausea was so bad!! I am thankful I have understanding co-workers that understand when I have to rest my head!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Day 3 of my 30 Day Shred 'test' is finished. Feeling much stronger, and more confident in the workout. Got in 20 mins of Wii Fit at 6am before class to just get my heart rate up, and 30 mins of Dance Dance Revolution after I got done with the Shred.

Now I'm going to sit down with my nice bowl of soup (160 cals in a HUGE bowl...gotta love it!), and watch The Biggest Loser from last night. I had to skip it, due to needing to get to sleep EARLY, but thankfully we have DVR!

Did my CAAP Testing today. It was over Science & Writing. The Science was mostly Physics. I'm horrible at science as it is, and I had to take a Physics class when I first started college, and barely scraped by with a C. So I don't hold out much hope for my score on that portion. The Writing, I whizzed through...75 questions I finished in 15 mins, and I know I got 100% on that portion. English & writing are my best subjects, even if my posts sometimes appear like word vomit in this forum! lol

Annie - I love Old Navy! I can't find much there that fits me well, so that's definitely something I'm looking forward to as I lose weight. Yep, the 30 Day Shred is the Jillian Micheals one. She's definitely tough, but effective! I'm hoping not to have TOO much skin left when I lose the weight I want, due to my age, but I'm thinking I'll probably want some sort of tummy tuck eventually. But oh man...so costly! I hope you are able to figure out a way to finance everything that you'd like done!

Wow...as for the letters...if like others have said, it's advertising...that's really really crap of some company to do. Most overweight people suffer with body image issues/depression...and that doesn't help.

Shan - So glad they came for you! It's so nice to have a variety of workouts to choose from.

Jacquie - Congrats on the injury! lol. I love it when I get in such an intense workout that I'm feeling it for a few days. Awesome what the body can do when you actually PUSH it. lol. Definitely something that was new to me when I began.

I luuuurve Halloween! It's my most favorite holiday EVER. EVER EVER. I miss having my own apartment, because I'd decorate it all fun-tastically, and make our door awesome, and we always got kids to our door. The boyfriend was never into it, but I loved it. Strange, because I'm not a fan of children for the most part. I think I just love the costumes, and the festivity.

Pink - Good luck with the meds. I'm working on getting new ones for myself; I really want my psychiatrist to get me back on Wellbutrin. It didn't make me gain weight, unlike Lexapro did, and it would help majorly with the depression and bi-polar. I don't know why they are so hesitant to prescribe it, when it's one of the ONLY meds that works for me! Grrr...

Anyhow, I'm glad that they've taken you off that specific medication, and I just hope you find SOMETHING that doesn't have that pesky weight gain as a side effect!

CatWuv - Lexapro is supposed to be weight-neutral?! My body must hate me...haha. I gained 20+ lbs while on it. Plus, the night terrors it gave me.

You are ALWAYS welcome here, m'dear! I can't speak for every member of the 300+ community, but personally, I don't judge ANYONE on their decisions. Whether that be to put the weight loss efforts on hold, get WLS, or anything else. To each their own. If only others were the same way. This is a weight loss community, and it's a shame that some people would choose to shun you, just because of a personal decision. WLS isn't a 'cop-out', or taking the easy way out...at all. You will have to work with you eating and exercise for the rest of your life; I think that a majority of people don't actually do the research on WLS, and know all the facts. And as long as it isn't a rash decision, I say bravo to you for choosing what you think will work the best! (Now that this has turned into a novel, I'll be quiet)
Old 10-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #45  
Just keeping on truckin'

Kayley - I am on Wellbutrin also, and it is the only one they have put me on that I liked. I actually lost about 40 lbs when I first went on it. It gave me some energy back too. I think maybe the reason they are reluctant to prescribe it to you is because it can cause mania (I worked as a pharm tech for a few years). It has that 'stimulant' side effect.
Closed Thread