Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Okay...day 1 of 30 done for my 30 Day Shred test. Definitely feeling it. Hoping after 10 days or so consecutively, I might try Level 2...but we'll see!

Annie - First off, SO good to see you here again! Was wondering how you had been! Well, that's only 11 pounds away...you can definitely do that. You've come so far already! Are you going to be able to get any kind of skin removal procedure down the road, do you think? And WOW. That is just awesome about your test! You are simply spectacular.

Andrea - 2 lbs is still great! Congrats!

Shan - Hope your new dvds come soon. I'm so impatient when waiting for things to come in the mail. Hehe
Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - well done -I knew you could do it!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #18  

ANNIE, U ROCK!!

TOM arrived about 2am this morning. bleh.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #19  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Annie ! You rock! You are my hero! Job well done I am so proud of you!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Hippiemama - Congrats on the better food choices and WOO HOO for the weight loss and seeing your midsection shrink! Congrats! (2 lbs is NOTHING to sneeze at!)

Jacquie - I have to say that lettuce shake sounds awful. What else do you put into it? Sounds like great choices at the buffet. I just don't trust myself so I steer clear!

Cyn - I know you'll be so glad to have the gallbladder surgery done. YOu will be so amazed at how much better you feel. Also, I know that what you're going through with your son and his girlfriend is frustrating, but maybe it's for the best - if he can stay active in his baby's life, you'll get to be grandma, but he won't have all the stresses to do with the girl and her family. I can hope anyway, righT?

Heather B - it seems like you are doing really great lately with your workouts! Congrats! Also congratulations on your loss! Don't feel bad about stepping on the scale - sometimes it must be done *laugh*

Kayley - I've heard alot of folks talking about the 30 day shred. I keep thinknig maybe I should look into it, but I am sooo uncoordinated. Do you think its okay for someone who is just not that in shape?

Annie - you've made such amazing progress! Have you already looked into the surgery for having the skin removed? Just to be nosey - is that something your insurance is covering? If not, if I can continue the nosey - how much will it cost? The saggy skin is a big worry for me, and I'm already worried and I've still got 160 lbs to go! Anyway - CONGRATS on the lifeguard test! WOo HOO! That's awesome!

Shan - maybe you can just pack a snack and still have dinner at home? Is it easy for you to do dinner at school? Congrats on the 50 lbs!

Catherine - sounds like having the car is changing your life in LOTS of ways! Cool! I have never attempted to make pizza at home - do you have a good crust recipe?

To all the other gals (and lurking guys?): have a great Tuesday!

As for me, I'm switching up my gym routine today. I woke up with a headache so I elected to take some ibuprofen and sleep another hour. But I'm going to go to the gym over lunch today instead. Now if I could just get my computer to recognize my ipod so I could update my music!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

ANNIE: YEAH!!!!! I am sooo proud of you girl!!!!!!

SUSANNA: I just keep thinking it is something other then my gallbladder..but that is just how I am. I hope that is all it is and that I am better when the gallbladder is out. As for my son..he is doing better..I am doing better as long as I don't really think about it. I guess I just don't get it..she has someone who loves her and will do anything for her..and she wants to screw it up! As long as my son can be part of the baby's life..which he will fight for it if he has too..I hope things will be fine.

AS FOR ME:
today going to get my pre-op blood work done. I have so much to do at work before being off for my surgery..so I have been going in early all week.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

slow going this week didn't get alot of sleep last night and boys decided to wake up at 5am. Coffee is my friend today lol. I didn't workout yesterday I was nauseated all day. So going to get in today. Also got to get girls going on schooling for today and clean my kitchen up. That's about it from here today.

susannahc- Glad to hear your husband is doing better.

Annie - Can't wait to hear how it goes in 30days. You Rock!

HippieMamar- 2lbs is great
Old 10-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - WOO! Congrats on your fab swim swim. Haha I don't even know if I can still swim...I assume it is like riding a bike, which I don't know how to do...huh. I guess I don't know what it is like then lol.

Kaleystar - You can do it. You exercise a heck of a lot more than I do lol. Eh today I'm debating about trying my Taebo thing again. It is something I cannot do everyday, but I have this other one that I kind of like. Perhaps I should look into the 30 day shred.

Andrea -
Woohoo on the loss. Every pound counts!

Susannah - I have loads of sagging skin, but it is getting better. All of us do, I personally believe that anyone who is losing more than 60 pounds are gonna experience sagging skin in some shape or form. With us being 300+ it is going to be more about the stomach, thighs, breasts, and upper arms. Pretty much that = lower body lift (Belt Lipectomy) and the costs can range from $10,000 - $20,000 and it really depends on many factors. The actual surgery, from what I've read, cost X amount depending on how much skin and such need to be removed, then you have to add X amount of fees including anesthesiologist and so on. The difference between a lower body lift, from my understanding, than say a tummy tuck is that you're doing a surgery that is more in depth *they aren't just focusing on the tummy* and it needs to be done in a certain environment such as an actual hospital. That is just from what I've researched personally. I think the cost can go drastically up if you were to need that surgery as a life saving surgery, but chances are your insurance would cover it at that point. If you're not close to your ideal weight and getting the surgery versus someone who is closer to their ideal weight, I would think the cost would go up because of the complications that come up from being at a higher weight range. I'm one of those people who has spent some time obsessing over the issue, but now I'm much more calm about it and it is just a fact of life. The thing is I can't say what I'm gonna look like when I'm 200 pounds. Sometimes I get upset about it, but not nearly as much as I did when I started my weight loss journey.

Ratkitty - Bah, I hate da TOM...mine is stalking me...

Woke up this morning a bit groggy. I was really tired from yesterday. Did a lot of walking and was on my feet constantly for a few hours. Today I'm debating going out as I really want to workout.

I'm not hungry this morning...bah. I'm not a breakfast person lol.

Cold here, but I do like the cold. I get to wear sweaters then!

As for my green smoothie, I basically just take a handful of dark leafy greens (usually spinach) and combine that with fruit and banana. The fruit covers up the taste, though sometimes it is a bit bitter if I use a stronger flavoring of lettuce like Kale. Basically it tastes like a fruit smoothie to me, but I might be used to the flavor.

My favorite so far is spinach/banana/raspberry/blueberry YUMMERS!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-06-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #24  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I am not quite 300, but at my highest weight, got up to about 285, which I guess is close enough I've rededicated myself to losing weight this week because I am tired of feeling bad about myself. It's hard being so overweight and I struggle a lot.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFlamingo View Post
Hi everyone! I am not quite 300, but at my highest weight, got up to about 285, which I guess is close enough I've rededicated myself to losing weight this week because I am tired of feeling bad about myself. It's hard being so overweight and I struggle a lot.
Well hi there! Love the nickname! You are totally welcome here and
Old 10-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #26  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Thank you! It's good to be around people who understand. It can be sooo isolating being this weight. I feel alone a lot.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFlamingo View Post
Thank you! It's good to be around people who understand. It can be sooo isolating being this weight. I feel alone a lot.
We totally get you and know how you feel. I feel that way too sometimes, but the people here let me whine and moan and jump up and down when I need to celebrate.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Jacquie: Ohhh if you add other fruits, then it's probably not so bad.. I was picturing literally a lettuce smoothie. *bleh*! And thanks for the good input on the lipectomy. I'm also perverse enough to think that if i keep moisturizing like a saint, eating every antioxidant I can get in my system, not to mention vitamin E, and working my core muscles and arms and chest - that MAYBE, just maybe, it won't be as horrendous as some of those lifetime movies/programs would have you believe. I'd like to go to Egypt to visit this place I keep hearing about "De Nial". *nyuck*

Pinkflamingo: Welcome! You're definitely among friends and allies! What kinds of things are you doing to lose the weight (I'm always looking for good ideas!)

Cyn: oooh.. Don't go thinking about all the other stuff.. YOu'll drive yourself mad! Baby steps! *laugh* As for your son, just because he's willing to do whatever for her, doesn't make it a match made in heaven. Just becuase you love someone, doesn't mean they'll love you back. Many a singer has hit the Billboard charts with songs about it! Anyway, what it does make him is a good guy and he'll likely be a good father. Her family clearly has other plans for her, and he deserves someone who loves him and with whom he can build a family - including in-laws that support him. I hope I'm not being harsh, but I was engagd to a guy whose family hated me (they were muslim, he was not, and neither was I, but somehow it was a total character flaw in ME. Their son was perfect). I am so relieved today not to have married him - my husband's parents are almost as great as my own, and I'm so very lucky in that regard.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Susannah - I had to laugh - there is not a crumb at the Corner Cafe that is healthy.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon, ladies! Day 2 of my 30 Day Shred test is finished. It was definitely harder today, as I was sore from yesterday's workout. I'm thinking some Yoga later would definitely help stretch me out, and prepare me for tomorrow's workout.

Tomorrow, instead of my regular class, we'll be doing our CAAP testing, which is basically just an exit test before I get my degree. Math, Science, Reading, all that stuff. I'm graduating in May, so I need to get it done this semester. Luckily, it doesn't count for a grade or anything like that. It's pretty much for statistical purposes, since we take an exam when we enter college, and then they compare that to our scores of our exit exam. Still nervous, as Math is NOT my subject at all. In fact, I still have to take my Math classes before I graduate! I put them off until the end...ugh.

Susannah - I definitely think you could do the 30 Day Shred. It's a VERY tough workout, I will warn you. Start with Level 1 for sure. I'm not even moving on to Level 2 yet...not for a while. Anyhow, the very first day I did it, I only got halfway through the workout, but after that I was able to get through the whole thing. It doesn't take a whole lot of coordination, just a lot of work. Heh. But I definitely recommend it!

Cyn - At least your surgery will be soon. Not too long to wait now!

Jacquie - Yeah...I'm kind of addicted to working out. A good thing, I suppose. I didn't used to be like that, but I just love it now. Heh. I don't feel right if I go a day without at least 30-60 mins of cardio.

PinkFlamingo - HELLO & WELCOME!! Can't wait to get to know you a bit better. This forum is great. Such support, and you're right...it's just nice to be around people that 'get it'.
Closed Thread