Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- Goodness, how fortunate that an honest person found it, but I can just imagine how sick you felt!!

I had a great day yesterday. I prepped a new garden bed and that was a lot of work -- I was out there for several hours, but I'm counting some of that as exercise. And then we walked downtown and back for dinner (1.5 mi each way). And my eating was great -- my one splurge was at dinner. We went out for Thai food and I ordered a very caloric coconut milk soup (tom kha gai) but did split it with hubby.

I think one of my tomato plants is dying. It's a celebrity, and we've had it since May. It's never looked really healthy, but has tons of green toms on it, but no movement toward ripening. And the leaves are VERY wilted, even after a heavy rain. We're going to try to plant it into a bigger container, as I wonder if that's the problem. But I don't hold out a lot of hope.

On the plus side, earlier this year, I'd fount two main stems of a cherry tomato plant ripped off by a big storm. I replanted those and they looked like they were going to die but are now flourishing!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #47  

Smile tomato plant

Heather, your tomato plant probably has the disease that causes wilt. Some of our celebrity plants had that. My DH pulled them up and threw them away. Not sure but it may spread it to other plants. Ruth
Old 07-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - my stomach fell when I read your story - I'm glad the outcome was positive. On the other hand - I do have one bad knee - the other one still folds quite nicely, especially in the new living room chairs. He also told me (knowing me too well) that just because I can cross my legs now DON'T - wow - something I never could do and now he doesn't want me to.

It has been a great week - I even made it through the weekend which has been troublesome the last several. The scale was nice to me this week but just takes me back to where I was a few weeks ago. I am bound and determined to say goodbye to the 60s in July. Planning has been done for the week for not just food but exercise also. Speaking of exercise the summer water instructor was awesome - I was sweating in the water she was pushing so hard. In fact, today I'm a bit sore and that's a first for the water.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Thanks for all the hellos

Are all of you ladies on plans, or doing your own thing?
Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #50  

ruby2sday -- I calorie count, so I guess I'm on my own plan!

Well, turns out my tomato plant did not have a dreaded disease. Just thirsty!! When I went out this morning, one of the stems was about broken off, so I brought it inside and stuck it in a vase. Two hours later it was happy as could be! We successfully replanted the tomato plant in a bigger pot and I gave it a lot less work to do by pruning it a lot. As for this evening it looked a bit better. Not quite as wilty. We'll see what happens. And I have 2 additional stems to re-root. Worked with my cherry tomato plant, so we'll see with this one!

I spent a lot of time out in the yard today, and barely ate during the day. Had my planned dinner, including a beer! Great exercise and eating day for me!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #51  

STOP!!! New week, new thread!! Join us on the next installment!
Closed Thread