Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

DC - big congrats on your milestone. That was a big one for me!

Sharon - please a pic of the new do.

Annie - hugs my friend.

Rat - glad I can accommodate with your favorite number - so what happens when I have a birthday? Say hi to Bikerchic if you happen to see her - I don't know Guitarmama too well yet.

Ags - so glad you had a special trip.

Angie - how was today?

hugs to all,
Carol
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

I am here reading...

Dr appt: Well the "sores" are looking good and going away. Again no guarantee they will stay gone or come back. She thinks I could be perimeno at 36???? I started my period in 4th grade..soo she said maybe. She is running blood work on me. She is also going to switch me to a synthetic thyroid medication. (crossing my fingers) She also put my on an anti-depressant. I wil start then this weekend and see how they make me feel.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #48  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

Just rushing through as it is 3 AM and I have to get up in 2 hours LOL. But wanted to say hi and welcome to the newbies!

My nutritionist was pleased with me yesterday... still making progress. Also have some exercise to go post -- I am going to have to get busy to make my goal but I can do it. I've been riding my bike quite a bit instead of getting into the pool... but yesterday went to the "big pool" and enjoyed a good workout.

Hugs to all
Sue
Old 06-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #49  

Hiya my Peeps!

DC area had some horrendous rain last night. Had to take a odd way around the roads to get home cuz of flooding. The house was just fine. Looked like power went out and reset the plasma tv surge thingie and the window AC.

GGG, Guitarmama is some old chick.. it's GuitarBabe! hehehe. My fingers constantly hurt from playing. I'm learning so much.

Oh yeah Catherine, get them humongous feet and make em work with Himself! The description of the bakery sounds dangerous!

Cyn, I'm glad your doc is checking out a lot of things. It can take an antidepressant several weeks to stabilize. Remember to give it time if you don't see a difference immediately. Hugs to you!

Off to work!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Cyn: I hope that you feel better. Just to reitterate, it can take a while for depression meds to "kick" in. Hang in there.

Sue: Glad you are doing well.

Rat: Stay dry hon.

Letstryagain: Praying for your big day today! Hugs to ya.

Had our last class at church last night for that series. I am sad. It was such a wonderful learning experience and I loved it. I did okay at my first counseling session too. I like the therapist a bunch and she is so patient and caring. I have opted to go every couple of weeks instead of weekly for now.

Well, thats about it for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #51  

Today is the day for Battle (thanks for the reminder, Annie)! Good luck babe. Knock em dead.

Annie, I'm sort of enjoying therapy. It hasn't been all negative stuff and I've gotten to share some fun things as well. I know you'll find another great class to take. You are a lot like me and love learning!

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #52  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I fixed my sewing machine today, so am in a much less cranky mood.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #53  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi ladies,

Glad everyone is doing well.

Rat, I was in DC area Tues. and it rained as they say, cats and dogs, never understood that, but it also rained just about the whole ride back to Hampton, Va.

This evening I had my weigh in, WOW, had released 3 pounds in the last two weeks and this one, well, I re-gained those 3 plus 1 more. This seems to be my life's story for now, but I will not give up and will not quit, as frustrating as it is, I cannot afford to quit, the alternative would be deadly. I know what I did wrong and will not do it again this week. For those of you that pray, please keep me in your prayers. On a good note, I ate well today and stayed within my points, tomorrow is a new day with a new begining.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I am buying me a bike, a custome made to fit my tish, even thinking about a three wheeler since I am so worried about falling. LOL

Hugs and prayers for you all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-11-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for thinking of me today and wishing me well for my interview.

The meeting started late because the hiring manager was running behind schedule. Because of that she told me that we only had 45 minutes instead of an hour for the interview. However, we ended up meeting for 1.5 hours. It went extremely well. I met 3 of the 4 members of the team. The hiring manager was definitely loving me and I think the team liked me. The hiring manager and one other team member had some chunk going on....not that I would ever be happy for anyone else's weight problems, but it made me hopeful that they wouldn't judge me.

The hiring manager said I was their #2 choice going into the interviews, but now I'm in the #1 spot. However, I lack certain experience that she feels may be a barrier with her bosses when having to justify her choice in bringing me on. In addition, her last #1 choice was not loved as much by the team so the person wasn't hired. So it is by no means in the bag.

She said the hiring process could take a while and I should check in with her in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

Hubby had a stress test yesterday , we got the call this morning that he has blockage. We meet with the dr in the morning. They mentioned a heart cath and stint..just pray that works!!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Debi -

My thoughts are with you and your husband. I hope all goes well.

Angie
Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #57  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Letstry,
It sounds like all went well and things are in your favor, I will send up at prayer to the big guy.

Debbi,
Let's find that silver lining, now we know what the problem is and now they can fix it. Will continue to pray for you and yours. Everything will be fine, it just feel it.

Catherine,
You fixed it yourself, go head with your bad self.

Annie,
What kind of class were you taking?

Sue,
Seems as though you are doing great. Like that bike ugh, I made up my mind today, I am buying a bike, with a seat made big enough just for me.

Hi there Carol and Cyn, good to see ya both, have a great evening.

Aggie
Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #58  

Ags,

Good deal on buying a bike! Just a little info: Larger and highly padded seats make it harder to pedal. All your energy is going into the seat. A recumbant bike would be cool! A 3 wheeler is great exercise too (just a little hard going up hills). I rode a regular bike with a woman's seat even at my highest weight (350). I had to get another stem (what holds the handlebars) so I ride sitting up more cuz of my tummy. Have you checked out "beach cruisers"? They are 1-3 speed bikes where you are upright and have decent rounded tires. There are lots of choices and your local bike shop will let you try them all!

I know us cyclists here are cheering you on no matter what you pick!!

Hugs,
Ratkity aka BikerChick

Last edited by Ratkitten; 06-12-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Good morning,

Yay! It's Friday! I can't wait to catch up on my sleep. Between TOM and being too busy this week, my sleep hasn't been good. I predict that tonight I will sleep well....and who knows, maybe some time soon my weight will decrease. I've been doing well staying OP. A girl can dream.

Sharon: I'm with Carol. Post pics of your new hairdo!

Cyn: It sounds like you are on a new track with your health. I hope you have positive results soon.

Sue: You are doing great.

Rat: Stay dry! I miss those powerful rain and thunderstorms.

Annie: I'm glad you like your therapist. You have taken the first step. Good for you.

dgramie: Sorry about your husband. Keep us updated about how it goes with the cath and stent.

Aggie: I have a bike that I am going to put back into service. I haven't ridden it in a few years, and am ready to take the step now. Good job staying OP. You can do it. I've been playing with the same 5 lbs for a few weeks.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #60  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies & Gents!

Its been good crazy around here! All 3 kids baseball teams have made it to play offs. So we have been juggling games. And only have one more week of this! Signed them up for swim lessons and there are 10 days left of school. I am taking every quiet moment I have and cherishing it as there will not be many for the next 8 weeks. DS#1 had annual inspection for army cadets and got his strips for private. Got approved for 2 weeks basic camp this summer. DS#2 wants me to buy walkie talkies so that he can get a larger boundary in the community to play in. DD is sad that 5 yrs 11 months she is not old enough to go play with no adults around. We live in an apartment bldg so its not like she can just go play in the backyard. We are looking at moving. If we cant buy we will go and rent a house. We need more space for the kids to be kids.

Yahoo for bikes, guitars, personal growth (not girth lol)new hairdos, fixed sewing machines,

Prayers for healing, new jobs and all unspoken requests.
Closed Thread