Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #301  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

My positive for today is i am off from work,and i am going to go fill my house with healthy foods.I have a positive attitude today,i will not beat myself up over all i gained.Rather I will start from today.Also I think we all deserve a cheer
for not giving up.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #302  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post

You are both right ... I thought I'd share with you a recent review of my newly developed chefhood -- LMAO:

C.J.'s cooking is a fusion of both Julia Childs and Paula Dean but updated for the current economic environment and to add more soul. It might be described as sophisticated with a twist of down-home country, but on a budget.

All the ingredients are hand-selected by C.J., and incorporate her unique sensibility based on her many years of eating experience. Sprinkled with love and prepared with a hint of derring-do, her dishes border on perfection. One hates to actually eat them.
Tee Hee!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #303  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
My positive for today is i am off from work,and i am going to go fill my house with healthy foods.I have a positive attitude today,i will not beat myself up over all i gained.Rather I will start from today.Also I think we all deserve a cheer
for not giving up.
You are exuding positiveness! Your a keeper!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #304  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning babies,

I will be back a little later for personals, I am running (well ot actually running) out the door to my grandsons basketball game. Our Costco is playing against the Norfolk, Costco. A long time standing rivalary. Will let you know the outcome. EVERYONE HAVE AN OUTSTANDING MEMORIAL DAY AND ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK FOR THE PERSONALS SO MUCH POSITIVENESS GOING ON, SOOOO WAY POOUD OF ALL OF YOU!!!!!

AGS
Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #305  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Welcome Catwuv and Sara!

Catwuv, your name reminds me of that Comcast commercial where the saber tooth thingy (idk if it's a beaver, woodchuck or what) tells the caveman, "I wuv you!" Are you familiar with it?

Happy belated birthday to Maria!

Learn, nice b&w avatar. So glad you were brave enough to finally post a pic. It's always good to put a face w/the comments. WTG!

Sometimes there's so much to read I can't keep up, but congrats to everyone else on your positiveness.

My positive comes from Friday 5/22 and yesterday 5/24. Both days got me back on track with my mile long walks around the track that my niece and I do.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #306  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Darlin's I Am Back,

The Game Was A Hoot, Our Team Lost Miserably. We Lost My Over 40 Points...lol Lol It Was A Lot Of Fun!!

LEARN, HOT DANG ON DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

SARA, YOU GO GIRL, POUNDS DOWN, HOT DIGGITY DANG DANG!!!!!

Tracy, Now that's What I'm Talking About, You Have Got It Going On Now Babe!!!!

Cj, You Tell The Best Stories, You Should Have Been A Writer, Your Description Of Things Is Just Perfect And Sooo Vivid. You Are Witty With Your Words And They Crack Me Up. Go Head Ms. Chef!

Nona, Happy To Know You Are Back On The Track, Litterally. Walk That Walk Baby.

Well All of my Family Members Just Walked In Here, I Guess We Are Bbq-ing Again.

Back Later Gators,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-26-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #307  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Jacque & CJ, I knew there was something I loved about you two,. I'm a MAC user too! Always have been, always will be. I just replaced my 9 year old MAC with a shiny new one 3 months ago.
Isn't it great that they last that long? Unfortunately, my ex bought my kids the other kind even though they wanted MACs but for my son's graduation prez, my mom and I are getting him a macbook. I might want an iMac so if I do, I will give my youngest my 3 yr old macbook. I need a new external monitor (mine is like 10 yrs old) and since I don't really use the laptop as a laptop, I might make his 16th birthday a very happy one by giving him my perfectly fine laptop and get myself an awesome desktop computer. My daughter, well she's 21 so she can fend for herself as far as a new computer is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Good morning ladies,
It's a beautiful day in the neighbor and Church service this morning was grand. My daughter and her son Marc, both made it this morning and it surely made me smile.

Okay Jac, I do not have a Mac, so what am I, chopped liver? LOL LOL!!! Hey lookie there, a positive for me, I still think I am cool even if I am the other kind. LOL LOL Now tell me about the Mac's and why they are so special, and then maybe I will want to switch too.
There are so many reasons to switch. Check out apple.com and you will see why it is a better computer. I will admit that there are some apps that you can't use on a MAC, but who cares, don't use those apps then. It does depend on what kind of work you do, HOWEVER, you can make a mac like a windoze machine if you really need/want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWuv View Post
Hello All,
Today I am going to get all dressed up in my new blouse with the sparkly sequined collar, put on make-up and go to a BBQ party. I am going to relax and not stress over my weight. In fact, I would like to give all hateful thoughts about myself for good.

Thanks to everyone for having this cool thread.
Pennie
The BBQ sounds like a fun time!!!! Don't stress, have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
Today was a good, if long, day.
Good job on having a great day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonabee View Post
My positive comes from Friday 5/22 and yesterday 5/24. Both days got me back on track with my mile long walks around the track that my niece and I do.
That is so GREAT!!! Keep it up!!!

Quote:
Darlin's I Am Back,

The Game Was A Hoot, Our Team Lost Miserably. We Lost My Over 40 Points...lol Lol It Was A Lot Of Fun!!
Glad you had a blast even if you did lose!!!

My positive for the day is that even though I got off track yesterday, I got right back on track today!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Wow - too many personals to catch up on! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. Welcome to our newest posters!

My positives include spending the weekend with my family - we went to a ballgame, watched a parade with friends, had a cookout, got some projects done...it was really a great weekend!

Have a good evening, my friends!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Cool

Quote:
Hey Cj, how is that man of yours? Have you set a date yet?? I am sooo happy for you, I cannot wait!
Hi Ags -- thanks for asking -- he is doing great and is a wonderful guy. We don't live in the same state, so I'm going to head up to NY at the end of June and spend the summer with him there. I have lots to get ready before I go. We haven't set a wedding date yet, but probably next year some time.

I’m glad you had fun at the basketball game! 40 points. 'nuff said.

Shia -- I must tell you I never heard of Paula Dean until I joined this thread! And today, while I was flipping through channels, I saw her on the TV!

Tracy -- way to go girl. I know you have it in you. You are a sweetheart, and you’re right, you should never beat yourself up over weight. You should love your body, it has done many wonderful things for you. It does not realize you're living in the 21st Century with plenty of food, it thinks you're back in caveman times and it's trying to protect you from starvation. We just have to fool our bodies into understanding that there is plenty of food, we're not starving, and then it will start to release the weight.

I like your idea about stocking up on good foods. I think that is EXACTLY the right thing to do. Keeps temptation at bay. I do so much more grocery shopping now than I used to.
Thank you also for the cheer! And here's one back-atcha!

Learn -- glad you “tee-heed” at my post on Julia Childs/Paula Dean. I’m just happy the stuff I've made is edible so far.

Jacque -- so glad you jumped right back on the track. Good for you girl.

Nona -- congrats on your walks with your niece.

My positive.
Well, this morning on the “just for today” thread here at 3FC I wrote “Just for today, I will walk a mile on the treadmill.” You see, while I really like most exercise, I don’t really like to walk. It bothers my back and makes me sweat and just generally it’s hard for me to do. Plus, I walk at 3 mph on the treadmill when I’m going good, and then I look around and see that what I think is good is really the “slowpoke” amongst the bunch of walkers.

So for my cardio I usually walk a little, then do the recumbent bike at a high setting. But I do think walking is strengthening my back (I was in a car accident) and I think it makes me work harder than sitting on the bike. It does involve all of your body, and that's good.

The gym closed early today, at 3:30. I really didn’t want to go. I probably wouldn’t have if I hadn’t written that “just for today” thing in the other thread. I would probably have gone swimming, which is fun for me and not bad for cardio, but I think the walking is better.

But I got off my butt, went to the gym, and walked a mile. It wasn’t spectacular, it wasn't a long way, but it was something I didn’t want to do and I did it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #310  
Woman On A Mission

CJZee

Good for you...doing something that you know you should and really didn't want to do!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #311  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey Main,

You had a really good for the soul weekend, with all the important things in life that mean so much. Glad you had such a great one.

CJ,

You did great on everything you did. Do what's best for your back and be careful, don't want you hurting yourself. Let me know what you are cooking next?

Jac, you know I am in marketing and word of mouth is always best, so I want your reasons for loving it sooo much. Come on, help a sista out. I really do not do any of my work on the computer, it is more for my pleasure. I do all of my work at work.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and holiday and to all of the MIA"s, hee is a great BIG SHOUT OUT to all of you.

Hugs and Love,
Ags
Old 05-26-2009, 03:29 AM   #312  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chicas!

sounds like every one had a great day off!

my positive is I too had the day off woohoo a 3 day weekend WAS GREAT!

and my other positive was I went and hit up some of those memorial day clearances as the mall and got some cute outfits for my florida trip! and It was great because before i started my diet I was a tight 26 probably should have been wearing a 28 and today all my clothes were 24's and they fit nicely even a tad loosely! but the 22s were still to snug I wish they would make 23's because that is probably what I'd be in! I was so glad!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 05-26-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #313  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Jac, you know I am in marketing and word of mouth is always best, so I want your reasons for loving it sooo much. Come on, help a sista out. I really do not do any of my work on the computer, it is more for my pleasure. I do all of my work at work.
Oh my, well I could type FOREVER on why to get one, but the main reason is, IT JUST WORKS!! No viruses!!! It user interface is not only nice to look at but it is so easy to use.

iPhoto is so neat to use for pictures. The dock is where you keep apps you use most often, and with a click of the mouse, they will open immediately. Moving through open apps is easy with Expose. Organizing apps that are open is great with Spaces. I could go on and on....but I have to get to boot camp. Check out this link:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/whymac/

or this one:

http://www.apple.com/mac/

If that doesn't help...stop by an apple store and check one out...YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE AND SWITCH!!!

My positive for the day....even though for whatever reason my neck is KILLING me and I didn't sleep great last night...I am still going to BC.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 AM   #314  

Good Tuesday Morning Girls,
Well it was a wonderful 3 day weekend had by most. And it sounds like we all did great and stayed OP.

nonabee- Glad your back on track and getting those walks in. Keep it up girl!

Ags- 40 POINTS !!! On the positive side, you enjoyed the game and your day with family.

jacque- Do you think if we put guardrails up, we would stop swaying off track with our eating and exercise. Glad yours only lasted a day.

Mainah- What a fabulous weekend you had.

CJ- You walked that mile, that's what matters, not the speed you did it in.

Maria- New clothes, smaller sizes. WOOT WOOT!!!

O.K. now my positives...
1) I somewhat relaxed yesterday and didn't have an agenda. I did walk in the pool for about 30 minutes. The rain actually held off for me to do so. I'm not so much concerned with the rain as I am with the lightning. I do live in the lightning capital of the world.

2) I stayed OP all weekend. I was talking to my DH the other day about how much I was craving a hamburger and he said, if I wanted one than have one, just make it yourself. So I did just that. I got 97% lean ground beef and OMG it was awesome. I sprinkles a little shredded swiss on top, add 1 slice of turkey bacon and had it on a whole wheat bun. On the side was my mom's marinated cucumber's. Plus to take away some of the guilt I saved up some calories so I could have the burger.

Well that's all folks. My son goes back to school today, so I will be going through awesome son withdrawal, but alas there is only 7 days of school left, I must be patient.
Have a great day all and I will check back in this afternoon.

Later - Learn
Old 05-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #315  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans
jacque- Do you think if we put guardrails up, we would stop swaying off track with our eating and exercise. Glad yours only lasted a day.
That made me laugh out loud!!! I too am glad it only lasted a day. I guess in my head if I know ahead of time that there is a CHANCE that I will go off track, then I prepare myself and don't beat myself up about it....and make a VERY conscious effort to get back.
Closed Thread