Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Brenda - WOWZA is all I can say! What a fantastic release for you. Keep up the great work.

Anne - thanks for the support - I'm good (so far) - I also expect slow(er) releases once I kick back up the exercise more formally. Can you share the pickle recipe? Do you grow your own dill - nothing like it.

Heather - I hadn't checked the link - uncooked sounds great - any problem sticking to one serving? That is a rpoblem to me at times.

Debi - I love cukes and onions too! I normally have a bowl full in the fridge during the summer - love em on sandwiches.

Annie - how was the interview. I love canning - I kinda view it as a lost art and feel honored to have been taught by my great aunt - I won't go so far as to can fish we catch though. Last year we canned 144 quarts of salsa - everything came from the garden. It is a wonderful feeling and something I am working with my special nieces to pass on to them. They both feel like its something we need to do regularly.

Debbie - glad to share my mojo anytime - I think we all feed off of each other - sounds like we're all getting back on a roll.

Catherine - WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO to getting back to the pool. You'll be getting exercise walking to class too - don't wear yourself out! I am so excited to get back to formal water classes - I've done OK (just OK) with water exercising on my own in the personal pool.

This weekend is DHs birthday - we always do an adult party for it - this year it coincides with the annual air show which feature the Air Force Thunderbirds - he seems to have in his mind that they are here just for him and is amazed that I was able to secure them - just kidding although that is what he is telling people. We live in their flight path and normally they buzz our house - I'm getting excited already.

That's about it for me - hugs to all,
Carol

PS - Penny - water?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- I always have to watch serving sizes! I suppose it could be a problem. As with other things, I take my serving and walk away. BTW, I'm keeping mine in the freezer!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi guys,

I got my results back from my blood tests from Friday. I feel a tiny bit relieved, and a tiny bit like impending doom. My fasting blood glucose was 108 (last time it was 119). 120 to 125 is considered diabetic. Less than 100 is normal. 108 is borderline (in my mind prediabetic, but my Dr isn't freaked out at this point). My A1c was 5.8. Below 6.0 is considered "normal". I would have liked to have been much lower than 6.0 A 5.8 means my average glucose level for the last three months is 120 mg/dl. She said to keep working on my weight, and see her again in 4 to 6 months. So, that is what I will do. I hope that I can lose 20 to 30 more pounds by then. Or more. Yes, I would take more. My point is, I am glad to not be full fledged diabetic, and my Dr isn't ready to call me prediabetic (she said she would have my do the sugar test if she was worried). But, I wish I was more "normal".

TOM is here so I think this had made things a little more sensitive to the issue. The good news is, no weight gain with this TOM. Maybe I will lose when it leaves me. I hope. In my mind I am setting time bound goals (how sweet would it be to say goodbye to the 300s in 2008?), but I fear I am setting myself up for disappointment.

I guess that's all.

Take care and be well all.
Angie
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #34  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

debbie54, what is your etsy shop name? I want to see what you make!
Brenda, Huge congrats on your great first week loss at TOPS!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Angie - glass half full - I'm so happy with your test results. Normal results were the first big NSV for me and I'm still ecstatic with them. Look how far you've come - no - its not like you would have hoped but slow and steady wins the race remember. I'm not good with time oriented goals but my goal is to kick it in high gear and see how far I can get by the new year - I have a number in mind but more importantly how many OP days and how much exercise are the big goals that I will set.

Any thoughts on a 300+ biggest loser weigh in like we had last time? I thought it was fun and a great way to keep track.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol

Battle - I'm looking for a whoosh - have you seen it?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angie -- That's great about the improvement in your bloodwork!! Hopefully, if you keep losing weight, it will just get better! That's a great NSV!!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #37  

G'morning all!

Just a couple of personals as I wake up this morning.

Catherine, yay for fresh starts and new classes!! I always feel I'm missing something when September comes around, even though I've been out of school since 1992.

Realist, your numbers aren't creeping up, they are going DOWN. I think your lab work news is FABBO. Keep up the great work! Hugs to you, lady.

I'm back wearing my cpap mask. It's not helping with my dizziness. The dizziness is just slight and annoying, not life stopping. I know wearing that stupid thing will stop irreversible pulmonary hypertension, among other nasty side effects of not breathing while sleeping. My doc said that my losing weight will help, but will probably not stop the apnea because I've had it all of my life. Bleh! Nothing like looking like a Borg clone while sleeping.. hehe.

Hugs to all!
Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

realist_ I am so proud of you and your blood work. Just think the difference a few more lbs will make!! Your AC1 was great!! My hubbys cant get his below 6.4...even though his glucose runs low often..but that just means that at other times its still to high..he takes meds daily for it. In fact 2 kinds of pills twice a day. I am so proud of you!!!!

carol_ hope you have a great day at work.I agree about the 300+ weigh in thingie..i loved it!!It was a great way to track weight loss and also see the big picture of what your doing overall..not just the weekly stuff.

catherine_ how are you going to find time to do your sewing when school starts?? My baby came home kinda overwhelmed from her 1st day in college.

debbie_ im with tony i want the name of your shop...please.

Well I started back exercising yesterday..I jumped on the minitrampoline..It was hard but felt good afterwards..my legs were like jello at first when i got off it. I was up to 30 min when i stopped jumping before but will take some time to build back up..Hubby isnt into lifting yet so i may have to hold off on doing that..just cant do it alone..I see to many creepy crawlie things in my basement alone...lol
Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #39  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

GOOD MORNING!

Anyone have any NSV's? ooh oohh I do! I am now the same weight I was when I was pregnant 7 yrs ago. And DH has stopped wearing ear plugs to bed and when I asked him why his response was that I dont snore as much. I never relataed snoring to weight gain. But I guess the more I gained the more I snored!

Ratkity - Hope you start feeling better soon!

Angie - Good news on the blood work results. Keep up the great work!

Carol - I read in the news that they ARE there for your DH birthday. Sorry you missed the news flash! Aren't men too funny! My DH does that too. Thinking that stuff is all about him! LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #40  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Debi - "Hubby isnt into lifting yet so i may have to hold off on doing that..just cant do it alone..I see to many creepy crawlie things in my basement alone...lol" --- I dont like the creepy crawlies either! I am still finding the odd stoaway from camping...good thing the cats & dog take care of them!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

I think my basement is in need of a good vacuming and and wall sweeping down..maybe i can suck up some of those nasty spiders and rolly pollies..The guy is due to come in late sept to spray the house. He is suppost to come twice a year but didnt come in the spring this year because our basement was wet from a flood. LOL so until he comes i may just stay out of the weightlifting side.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Catherine, Good to hear that himself arrived home safely. And good news about the your pool being open to the public again. I bet you can't wait to get back in there. It sure sounds great. Have fun at school. I remember getting all the supplies together too, it WAS fun!!!

Carol, Tell Ed !! The sound of those planes flying overhead is awesome. We used to live near March Air Force base in California, and when the Blue Angels came, it was fantastic!! Enjoy the show!
Who won the BL?

Angie, that's great news on your A1c!! It sounds like the work you've done to lose weight is already affecting your health in a positive way. Keep up the good work!

Toni, thanks so much for telling me about the Etsy. It's been sorta fun putting my stuff on there and I'm already a favorite of a few people. Its http://wuddlefuts.etsy.com. Yep, Wuddlefuts is the name of my shop. They said to give it a name that would stick out, so I hope it peaks people's curiosity, so they will come on in. I don't have that much on there, but I try to add stuff each day.

Ratkity, did he check you for vertigo?

Debi, thanks for wanting to check out my stuff. I put the site in Toni's personal.

Julia, great NSV!!!!

Not much going on here so I think I will go a WATP dvd before I talk myself out of it. Have a great day chickies!!
Debbie
Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello,
Well it was a good day, I need to get 1 more water in and then I will have it in for the day! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I got up and did 48 min. on the WII fit, and then I did 3 miles on the treadmill and then did some lifting! I feel kinda guilty I didn't ride bike. Yesterday was walking 20 minutes the dog and worked outside all day. Day before walked 6 miles. So I have done well this week. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. The girls are off to school! Maybe I will do nothing. . . . wait, I have to go get groceries! Blah! Well, I am going to go get girls to bed, they are so excited. I will yak later. Penny
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

I'm pooped. Yesterday when I got home from the interview the place that I interviewed with on Friday called and offered me the position. It is part time which is sooooo good for me due to some emotional/panic/depression issues I am having right now. Not as great for the pocket book but DH has assured me it will help a lot. So, I started work today and came home and scrubbed my house for my niece's visit. I wasnt' expecting to work this week so put of the major cleaning until today. I got it all done though and baked about 160 peanut butter cookies for this huge cookie jar that I have here for DH. It filled it up to the brim. lol.

Today at work was just orientation so not much to report. Tomorrow is going to be more training. I think I will like it enough for a while to keep it. It has been a huge problem for me in the past to keep jobs. Well, you guys can probably tell. I usually get panicky and can't go. I am feeling much better now with that issue and praying it is gone forever or that I can mangae it better. I need to work financially so that is a must for me. I only have to work 4 hours a day possibly work 5 hours per day 4 days a week. We'll see what they say.

No time for personals but I am thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers. I may post sporadically for a bit due to company and work.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #45  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

in response to those of you about DH & DD's conversation....she appologized to her dad for her "tude" and all things are better.

She moves into her new college and new dormroom tomorrow.....I was going to drive her down so I could take the truck with her fridge since it wouldn't fit in her car....cept her new roommate called and said she already had one.....so no need for mom to take a day off work....since this is her 2nd yr in college not that big of a deal......her brother is at this college has an apt nearby so she drove down tonight and he is going to orientation with her tomorrow and showing her around so she can find where her classes are at. She has an interview for a job and Chickfila....she worked here through HS and got a great reference.....so she should be working in no time.

youngest DD has been sick..........now get this........she did not want to take today off so Dad could take her to Doctor........because at her HS they have an incentive program........don't miss a class.......don't take the final exam for that class. Even if the absence is excused she would have to take the final exam.........she is in all AP(advanced placement) Classes and absolutely does NOT want to take these exams........so this afternoon I took her into urgent care.........grrrrr...........so for her NOT to have to take the exams I have to pay more for the urgent care center LOL go figure! She has a sinus infection and strep....doc says she can go to school tomorrow unless she has a fever........she hasn't run one and knowing her she wont even if she is LOL

I have been struggling.........not keeping track of what I eat is the biggest stumbling block.......I know this......just cant seem to get past it......I haven't been binging ........been eating decently.....a few more snacky type food then I would normally eat if I was keeping track.....I'm staying the same weight so I must not be eating too aweful bad........

I need to get beyond this!!! I so want to be able to say I've lost 60lbs........right now its close to 50lbs.....but still not even 50....I know this is all my doing.....

work has been crazy.....one student has had some major outbursts and with the other asst in the room pregnant leaves me and the teacher to deal with all the heavy lifting and manhandling (lol) so its tiring......there is alot of mental crap going on with the other asst.....feels like I'm back in HS with girl drama........anyhow trying to just let all that roll off my back and not carry it around with me....its hard.......plus finances are tight........things are not getting paid cuz money isn't streatching like it use to....DH's gas is eating us alive! matter of fact his 1/2 tank has to last him till the 28th ummmmmm and he drives an hour each way daily! LOL so God has to do a miracle or somethings gonna have to give LOL I'm not worried about finances cuz I know everything always works out in the end......its just in the back of my brain you know......

The teacher I work with told me she is thinking about dropping down to elementary next year....like K or PreK and wants me to come with her......not sure how that will work.........not that I wouldn't love to go with her to whatever grade level she is doing.....but, not sure I or she could convince the next school we are a package deal LOL!
So we will see where God takes that item on the many items that are floating around the back of my brain! LOL

ok so I KNOW that I have to stop in here daily so that I will get back on track........it maybe a while for me to actually get myself motivated but I know I have to read daily so that I can stay focused on my goals!
Closed Thread