Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #16  

Hang in there. You can do it!!!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I second what Jen said about good and bad days. I had a couple of very bad days last week, but this week I am firmly back in charge. And I will ride this as long as it lasts!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:24 PM   #18  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Lilian, Gosh, I know exactly what you are going through.

I signed up on the site in October, lost 30 lbs by January, had a setback, and gained 20 lbs of it back. Then I just got fed up, I got tired, of all the promises I made to myself and broke over the years---of always having to start over---so I started all over again. Now, I have hit 250 for the 3rd time in the past few years.

Just keep going. Just get right back on there and don't look back. Pretend the setback never happened and do it now, at this moment, do not wait for tomorrow. You are strong, because if I remember correctly, you lost about 25 lbs .... that's a great amount, and you can do it again!

Keep on Keeping On!
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

While I agree with what everybody else has said, I think it also wouldn't hurt to deal with the family issue. Maybe you are going to have to be assertive enough to just say, hey, no more crap in this house. You are not talking about vanity pounds; this is your health and ability to move that is at stake.

I know you are a caregiver for others. Time to point out that they need to care about you as well.

God bless. I hope you can work through this tough time.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I stole this from Krista Scott-Dixon at www.stumptuous.com
You see, progress is not exactly a linear onward-and-upward thing. It's more like a thousand little tiny stops and starts. Even for the so-called experts, life intervenes with multiple pressures to fail. It doesn't get any easier. You just get better at managing it, problem solving, and coming up with creative strategies to combat it. You get better at saying no to things that rob your of your energy and better at saying yes to the things that are truly valuable and essential. There is no better time. There is no better life stage. All you have is now; all you have is you. These things that seem to impede you - you don't wait till they're done then start your life. They are your life.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #21  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Liliann
Speaking as one of the ladies here that have lost 100+, please know that we too have the same struggles. There are times we fall off plan. Many many times. The key is to keep trying. I will tell you however that once you start losing and noticing changes in your body as well as other people noticing, it makes it easier to keep moving forward. Right from day 1 I told everybody I knew that I was going to lose 200lbs. I knew that in my mind, I would not disappoint myself and not reach that goal. Mind you, I was hoping to get there by now but no matter how many times I fell, I owed it to myself to keep going. One of the ladies on here (sorry I forget now who it was) has a motto that really spoke to me. Progress not perfection. No truer words for sure. 2 steps forward and one step back is still one step forward. Please remember that.
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #22  

Susan -- That's a great quote, and SO TRUE in my experience. As Brenda also said, this whole journey is bitty steps forward and back. Luckily, I did have a time when I went mostly forward, but the issues are just too big and life too complicated to make that possible all the time!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #23  

You can pick up from here, and keep going. Don't let this stop you! You were doing so well, you KNOW you can do this. Temptation is hard, and sometimes gets the better of us, but after that all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on moving forward! Having a house full of people who don't have to lose weight is a tough situation, but you can get through it. Don't give up! Like you said, just take it hour by hour. It is possible!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #24  
300+ Chick

Susan.. Thank you so much for the quote..Very uplifting and wrote it down on my notebook. I will keep reading that and other motivational sayings that I gathered. Again, Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you ladies again for the wondeful uplifting support you have given me..It does help and Thank God, am not alone on this battle. You all are my cyber angels and am truly blessed.

My tough time came about over the weekend when my older sister was admitted to the hospital for infected bed sores and yesterday, found out she won't be coming home, but will be in a rehab for continue antiboctics treatment for 6 weeks. I just need to handle family stress/crisis more better and not lean on food as for my comfort zone. I am starting fresh and will stay focus ..

Again, Thank you all for the kind support given.. You are all so wonderful.. We can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #25  

Liliann -- Glad you are feeling a bit better!

Honestly, learning how to handle stress better is something most or all of us need to work on. I know it's one of my big issues!! One of the first steps is learning to start over when you stumble, rather than giving up.

This is a long, hard process, and I don't think we can expect perfection.

And this is a great place to come for support! I'm glad you came back!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #26  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Lillian, I hope you can see what the rest of us see....

You are SO MUCH MORE than just numbers on a scale. You are a flesh and blood human being with a generous heart, who takes care of others, who has ups and downs, who loves and is loved.

Don't let three little numbers determine WHO YOU ARE!!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #27  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Lilian what plan are you on? Is there any way to get your family to keep the junk out of the house?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #28  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lillian, when my Dr. told me that I had to take the wt. off because my health was so bad, I got angry and cried like a baby. I felt totally hopeless, helpless and mainly wanted to just say to **** with him and find a new Dr.

Money was tight. I had just been so ill that I was forced to stop working. I finally came to the conclusion that I deserved to try to restore my health. Even if the cost was higher, I deserved to be able to feed myself the right food that would take the wt. off of me. After all, my kids deserved to have a mother and DH deserved to have his wife.

I began on Atkins as my Dr. told me to do low-carb. I still bought bread and such for the others but not for me. I severely limited the junk food coming into this house. The others didn't need to lose weight, but they didn't need to eat Junk either. I learned recipes on here that would satisfy my needs and the "good taste" needs of the others.

I'm now calorie counting and I do have more "snack" food in the house for the others. I've learned that I can't totally deprive myself of the not so healthy stuff. Such as an occasional serving of baked pringles when others are eating regular chips works great for me. An occasional hotdog is great and I buy the LF turkey ones and noone knows the difference. I use LF cinnamon graham crackers as a treat for me (130 cal's for 3 big crackers). These really help when everyone else is having a treat. I keep SF jello made up as a snack with FF coolwhip. I learned that if I "can't beat em, join em". This way, I don't feel deprived and still stick in my calorie limit. No one even noticed when I switched to low-cal butter, or skim milk. They did notice the 98% LF popcorn. I use mine and they have their fatty popcorn to eat. I keep plenty of fruit on hand for everyone. I occasionally have baked fries and everyone likes them, no sense in any of us eating a bunch of grease. No one noticed that I buy LF mayo, LF sour cream and LF cottage cheese,LF sliced cheese, LF cheddar cheese,LF salad dressing. No one cares because our food still tastes good.

I guess what I'm saying is, I didn't totally eliminate all snacky foods from my "diet". I just made lower cal/ lower fat options available for me so that I could still eat and feel satisfied.

Hugs, I know that it is a daily struggle with having other members of the house that don't need to lose wt. But, you can do this. You deserve it.

I know that some people eat only "whole foods" and would consider the way I eat as not so healthy. I'm OK with that. I have to do what works for me. And this works.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #29  
300+ Chick

Thank you Jasmine and Lilybelle.. I am finally back on track and doing well now.. My mom is a worry wart and snacks alot, which she also needs to drop a few Lbs, since she always complains her clothes are to tight..she have a tummy and weighs about 190. One of my sisters, which she is thin, 120 Lbs and can eat junk foods and not gain an ounce. So have to learn on saying NO,as well eat things in moderation and small portions that fits within my plan.

Again, Thank you all so very much!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #30  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

Omg, Liliann...I am in the exact same state of mind as you right now...damn 400 (hate that number!). I sometimes feel absolutely no motivation and other times, I'm good to go. I used to think I had to be perfect all day, everyday. I've recently started to cut myself a little slack, hoping that it'll all just fall into place, one pound (or two) at a time. I guess all I can say is, when it's a good day - roll with it. When it's a bad day, brace yourself.

BRENDA....YOU ARE MY IDOL!!!!!!!!
Amy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote