Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1113

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #2  

Good Morning all. I'm just about to go and start my exercise stuff. I rode the bike yesterday for 1 hour and 30 minutes!!!! Thank the Lord I'm not too sore today. I have my weigh in tonight so hopefully all my hard work for the week will show up in a great way.

Sue: Yeah for rasberry pink trikes!!! Hugs.

Debbie54: Post and read here as often as you can. I really believe that helps us stay on track. One of my sisters and her 4 children moved in with my DH and myself and stayed for 3 years. We went from just my DH and I to instand "Brady Bunch" style family. lol. It was fun for a bit but glad they are in their own place now. Good luck to you hun.

Well, I hope everyone is well and staying op. My niece is coming today so I am excited. Gotta go now.
Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 07-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #3  

way to go Annie on the bike riding .. send me some of that energy i could use it lol.HELLO AMMie i know you are lurking somewhere.. or are you playing games lol1
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #4  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for starting us up Annie! I wanted to say that I loved your post on the last thread about beginning to do more and just participate in life more with the weight and excersice changes you've made. I'm experiencing similar things and it's truly one of the best gifts of this type of journey.

I am a member of my local YMCA. It is a beautiful facility that is only a few years old. It has two pools, a gym and a complete cardio/weight training area with a walking/jogging track. Despite all this great stuff, I just use the pool. I have told myself that I'm too fat for the treadmills, the stationary bikes, the weight training equipment. I am one of those fat chicks who has really let my weight dictate the things I do and try, and as a result my world is a lot smaller than it needs to be.

Inspired in part by Heather's post about not waiting to live your life on the 'Stories' thread, I have decided that I will explore whether or not I actually *am* too fat to start cardio and resistance training at my Y. I suspect that this may turn out to be a restriction that was only in my head. I will make an appointment with one of their personal trainers tomorrow, and see what they have to say.

While I'm on the topic of inspiration, I wanted to let Catherine know that I have applied to the University of Athabasca to one of their post diploma programs that allows a couple of years of credit for technical college work. This would allow me to graduate with a 4 year university degree after earning 60 credits rather than 120. I have a handful of credits from my local university that may or may not count as well. Catherine's discussion about continuing her studies and finishing off things started got me thinking about doing the same...I'll let you all know when and if I am accepted.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #5  

Good Morning everyone

I haven't posted in over 2 weeks, so I'm going to forgo personals. to everybody who lost weight, for those who didn't. to all for a good week this week with a loss on the scale.

I lost 3.1 lbs since my last WI.

Last edited by cdncatlover; 07-02-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Chickadees!
I'm so shocked I almost fell over this morning when I jumped on the scale, ok, not jumped, I would of broken it, but I actually lost 3lbs since last WI on Monday. WHOO HOOO!!!! YEE HAA!!! I had been at 333 for so long I didn't think I would ever get past it plus with all the junk I ate, I thought I would of gained, but I think because I was moving more, mowing, painting and stuff, that I burned up calories more. Hey, that moving and exercising really works!!!

Annie: Congrats on all the bike riding. That is so fantastic!! I guess you know what I'm going thru with the houseful. I just wish my dear DIL was a little neater, their bathroom is a shambles already and we have some people from California coming up at the end of the month so she is going to have to share and clean up after herself!

MetaChick: Just make sure you ask your doctor how much you should be doing as far as the exercise goes. I've been watching a program called "Big Medicine" and even those who weigh close to 800 or 900 lbs have been allowed to exercise from their beds. Just start out slow and steady and you'll be able to do more each week. Also, congrats on heading back to college!!

cdncatlover:Congrats on the 3.1lb weight loss!! Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone has a great day and keep moving and losing!!!!

Debbie
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – I love your new photo – you look beautiful!!

Brenda – You too! I love your new pic with your dh!

Vortex – If you have some money to spend and/or can get something on sale, Junonia has really nice suits.

Meta – You definitely aren’t too fat to start cardio and weights at the Y! I started at 343. I was definitely really nervous at first, but once I got in the groove I ended up loving it!

Well, I am all moved in! Well, more accurately all the boxes are here and some are unpacked. I got most of the kitchen stuff put away, so at least now I can cook. I got my cable and internet installed today. I have two more days to finish everything up before having to go back to work. Even so, I think I am going to head over to my office building and use the gym tonight. I really want to get totally back in gear and that means no excuses for not getting in my exercise!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #8  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Afternoon All ~

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I took my first trip to the market today since I had hurt my back a couple weeks ago and while I made it through the entire trip, at about 40 minutes in, I started feeling the muscles in my back across my hips starting to protest having had to go walking for so long. Yeesh...

I am still bouncing between 370 and 372 and at this point, I am attributing that to TOM approaching. I have been eating well as of late and just getting back to exercising, so hopefully I will see a downward trend with all that.

I had to reschedule my appointment with my surgeon for my check-up on whether or not to have my band filled to the week after next. I am thinking at that time I am going to go ahead and bite the bullet and have it filled a little more. I have also started having tenderness around where the port is for my band and as of this writing, I am awaiting a call from one of the nurses at my surgeon's office to give me an idea of what it could be.

Oh, by the way, I did finally find a market that carries Skinny Cow stuff, however, I can't see eating it. While it does have less calories than other ice creams, I can't trade in that for carbs. Though, that was for the little ice cream sandwiches that they make. It's seems to be the only item from Skinny Cow that they carry. Is just the ice cream any different as far as carbs and such go?

Anyway, I have rambled on enough, I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie - Thanks for starting the new thread -- I completely forgot this morning!

Metachick -- Oh, you GO! Check out what else the gym has to offer!! Do make sure you take it easy, but you may very well surprise yourself with the exercise!!!

Nancy -- I was wondering how the move went. I bet you're exhausted but feeling good? I hope so!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Meta-I had a great Canada Day, thanks. Don’t’ forget to check with the doctor before starting cardio. That’s great about Athabaska. My husband is always getting disabled people he meets through his work signed up there. You will be surprised how much of your credits will count.

Debbie-Try to remember to take care of yourself during this very stressful time. I have a feeling you are going to be taking care of everyone including the zoo.

Annie-I hope you have fun with your niece.

Nancy-I’m glad you are getting settled. It will make stuff so much easier.

Two weeks in on the new diet, and I have stayed op, and haven’t gone over 1700 calories a single day, but still have yet to lose an ounce. I’m starting to think there is something wrong with my scales. I have scale issues. I’m about ready to go back to using two cheaper ones instead of this fancy digital that never moves.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody. Heather, yah that Annie bounced our butts right out of that other thread in her BIG RED LETTERS!!

Wow I had a really low today on the exercise and have to work a lot of overtime tomorrow so may not get much. But THEN I have a five day weekend yippee!

Blessings to all

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-03-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- That scale is clearly Maybe it needs an exorcism!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,

Patti: okay even though it says , I threw a bit of energy in with it!

Meta: I am so proud of you for all the changes you are making! Good luck in everything you do.

Catlover: Congrats on another -3.1 pounds. You are doing so well.

Debbie54: Huge Congrats on another -3! I love happy surprises. I really enjoy "Big Medicine". How about you?

Nancy: Thanks for the Avatar comment. I am so glad you got all your stuff in your new place. Wonderful that you can take the next few days and settle in pretty much. You will be so tired when you head back to work you may actually look forward to going. I am proud of you too about getting back to and diet!

Storey: I hope you feel much better soon and you are not infected or anything.

Heather: No problemo

Catherine: Maybe you should up your calories for a bit again? Go back and read your diet journals and see what worked before! I know you can do it hun.

Sue: I'm glad that you noticed that when I say a thread is closed it is closed! lol

Well, My niece got her today when I was swimming. I had left her a key so by the time I got back home she had unpacked her stuff into the dresser and closet etc. We spent the day driving around looking at Coeur D Alene and then she went with the weight loss clinic with me. She is 5 ' 10" and a little less than 140. She looks great but wants to tone up a bit so she will be exercising with me as much as she can. I did well today after my 6 pound unexplained gain last week I lost 15 pounds today! I was thrilled to see the 420's even if it is high 420's! Nice to see the scale go the right way again. I have 16.5 pounds to go before I am at 59. something BMI ready for my surgical appointment.

Val, Ammi, Shadie, Zelma, Sharon, Emily, Brenda, Brandnewme, come back out and see us. We miss you so much.

Blessings to you all and big hugs to those who need it.
Annie
Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning everyone.

Just checking in bright and early... LOL it is 4:20 but I have to go to work early this morning so am up with my hot lemon water and mug of coffee! My weight is still staying in those same three pounds I have been battling since June 14! But I am staying OP so they HAVE to get off me eventually and take their buddies with them.

Hope everyone has an OP day!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #15  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls
I am here to confess I had a pretty rotten weekend with my eating. Cravings beyond control and I just ate whatever. Yesterday I made it back to the gym and "almost" OP and today I am back, full force.

I am going to run and put on my sneakers. I think I need to go to the treadmill for a bit. I havent used it in.... 3 months or so. They don't even have one at the gym I go to . They have a walking/running track instead. I'll be back later....

Annie~ I am SO very proud of you!!!!!

B
Closed Thread