Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/145

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Here I go again!

Hi everyone. This is my first time here. I have tried so many different ways to lose weight, I just never stick with anything. I recently quit WW. which i really liked. I'm excited about joining you guys. I don't have alot of support at home. NO one that can relate. so This is the beginning of my journey. i need to lose about 140 lbs. Which sounds like alot, so I'm going to start with 25lbs to start. it doesn't seem so over whelming Talk to you all soon
kalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #2  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

Default welcome

Welcome I am pretty new here too and I live in Maine too! I can relate to having a lot to lose we are both in the same boat with amounts!

I also never stick to anything. But I find that these post motivate me and keep me accountable to myself as well as the others on the board. I get so much satisfaction from moving my ticker down....even if its just a pound!

I think your idea of breaking it into smaller increments is a good idea!
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME!!! This is a great place for ideas, inspiration and support. Check out the stickies at the top of the page for info, pics and exercise goals! The main action happens on the numbered threads -- they move fast but are a great place to get to know everyone!

I'm just curious why you quit WW if you liked it (money?) and what your new plan of attack is!

Also, it's a great idea to set mini-goals. Makes it much more manageable in the mind -- and don't ever lose sight of the fact that this is a mental journey as much as a physical one! One of our members (Catherine-- hippievanlady) is famous for saying she can't lose 100 pounds, but she can lose 1 pound 100 times!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Good luck and welcome. There's great support here; it's been a big help to me to just read everybody's stories and check out the success stories. I hope you find a system that works for you; even if you can't attend meetings, you can still do the WW system at home. Check out the online version as well.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I was never motivated in the past either. I'd be gung-ho, super good for a day or two, then quit. 3FC has totally changed that. I see others who've come so far and they inspire me. I see others who trip and fall just like me; helping them dust themselves off reminds me to dust myself off when I fall. I see others who've had harrowing ordeals and embarassing experiences and I'm so relieved I'm not alone out there.

It's a long journey, but with this super fabulous group of people, it suddenly becomes attainable. And I think that's what counts most.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #6  

Welcome!

I am relatively new here as well. These are a great bunch of folks! I don't feel judged, but I feel accountable. I have NOT exercised for so long, so consistantly in my life. It's not a whole lot, but it's my little start. I've not used any of the multitude of excuses to stop that I've used in the past. These people continue on their weight loss journey through things that happen in life... in SPITE of life! I love that about them. I can do it too!!!

Hang around and absorb the energy.. it's addictive!

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/295/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome. Yes I stopped WW because of the cost. I don't work in the summer months, but my intention is to still follow the program, I have alot of the papers and books to continue, my hope is to get the support here to take the place of my weekly meetings i'm going to miss. Still learning the web site. couldn't find my post for a bit.
kalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #8  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Welcome kalani
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #9  

Welcome! It can be so hard when you have no support! Luckily, you have found the perfect place for that, and more. It helps immensely! 140 seems like a lot to lose, but look what some of the people here have done! It is possible, and as long as you are here, we will behind you every step of the way!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #10  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Welcome, kalani. The best advice I can give you is to stick around and post even when things don't go well. You'll find lots of support. For me, that helps me get back on the wagon quickly instead of falling off and staying on my butt down in the dust for a few months.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

amen amen amen.

Just check out the weekly thread and you'll see what we mean!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote