Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #91  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

you whoooo Jillllly bean!?!?! Where are you!?!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: I am so glad that you are in a better space. I am feeling so wonderful most all the time. It really is amazing to me how loosing just 54 out of the hundreds I need to loose that I am feeling so much better. I made a promise to myself to walk every day. That is so hard for me. It really hurts my hips but I only do 10 minutes and I think it is important for me to get into a habit of doing it now and not waiting until I have my surgery before I start walking. Sorry that your feet are so hurting too. That is such a painful thing to have. I had it really bad one time and it flared up so much they were giving me cortisone shots and then a walking cast to try to help it. Hopefully yours will start feeling better soon.

CndCatlover: Thanks for the info on Nikes. I used to wear only nike and birkenstocks when I was a teenager in CA. I haven't had a pair in forever. I will look into buying some soon for my DH. I'm glad you have hot water now. What a blessing!

Michelou: How you do the smileys is when you are making your post hit the "go advanced" button on the bottom and it will take you to a different page. Once there click on "more smileys"I think it is called. Then you place your curser where you want the smiley then go to the smileys and click on the one you want. Hope that helps. Big congrats on not eating from the stress!

Storey: Wow so you are a pretty new Lapbander. Good for you. Maybe you were juse swollen that is why you have not lost a bunch. It is much slower than Gastric Bypass though. I am so excited you get to eat. lol. Being on a liquid diet for 7 weeks now I know how wonderful that must be to get to eat. I hope all goes well with the band when you eat. Remember to chew, chew and chew! I am hoping to get my band in July. Good luck to you. If you go to Obesityhelp.com there is a great lapband forum there where there are lots of vetran banders who can answer your questions if you have any. Hugs.

Cris: So sorry that you never got to see a moose. I just really love seeing all the wild animals in their natural environments. Since moving up to Northern Idaho we have seen so many. I really feel blessed. Hope you get so see one some day.

Xena: So sorry you are in such pain. I hope your foot feels well enough to at least walk slowly for the race. Hugs.

Patti: I hope your knee stops giving you fits soon.

Brenda: did you enjoy your working in the yard? I hope so. Hugs.

Well, I did all my exercises today and sense I made my goal of 10% I get a few "treats" non food ones of coarse. One of them is another charm for my bracelet and I chose an Indian head dress to represent my Dad and step mom for their support both emotionally and they recently sent me $1000 towards my diet stuff. I also got a facial at the beauty school here in town. It was nice. They massaged my face, shoulders, hands and feet and rubbed all kinds of cleaners, lotions etc on my face. It felt nice but something got in my eye after wards so now I have a watery eye. lol. I also get to have my hair colored. I am boring and will have a touch up of all the grey to match my natural color. I wish I was brave enough to have them chop it all off too. My DH loves long hair and assures me that I will like it too once I lose weight. I'm not so sure. lol. Well, I still have to do my 10 minute walk so I better head out now. Hope you are all well and happy. Missing the MIA chickies too.

Blessings and Hugs to you all,
Annie
Old 05-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #93  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

Whoa, this thread is hopping this week!

Just wanted to hop on real quick to say that we're heading out in the morning for the weekend. We're meeting friends of ours in Myrtle Beach, SC. I've never been so I'm really excited. Plus these are really close friends of ours and it's been a year since we've seen them (they live in Virginia), so it will be great to spend time with them. We're planning on geocaching a bit, relaxing on the beach (I actually bought a 'tankini' today. What fun shopping for that was - not!), eating good fresh seafood (hopefully I can stick with the broiled and not the fried stuff), and if I don't chicken out, I will also go parasailing.

No time for personals really (I have to get up in about 5 hours) but I just wanted to say to Annie and all the other losers this week! And a big to everyone struggling or otherwise having a tough time this week, especially Catherine - as everyone has already said, you are very much an inspiration and you deserve not to give up on yourself. That's just so disheartening about the health card and everything. I know that feeling of being a 'non-person' in the eyes of the government and it's tough. Sounds like you are having to go through way more bureaucratic hoops that I did, though. My heart goes out to you and I know you'll make it through this somehow, someway.

Alright, I'm off to wrap up a few things before heading to bed. I can never sleep well the night before we leave for somewhere, I have everything I need to bring and do running through my head.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend - talk to you gals on Monday!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:16 AM   #94  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I've tried repeatedly to post, but kept getting "stuck." It never completes the posting. Perhaps they're working on the site???

If this goes thru, hugs to you all! Let's come back with good news to share tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #95  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Hope everyone stays on track for the day! Wooohoooo. Yah yah try to stay positive. We had record breaking heat here yesterday.. 87 degrees... and supposed to do it again today so I think I will drive to a store and walk inside LOL.

Hey, I know a couple of you were praying for my pastor's little girl (just turned 4) who almost died and has severe brain damage. I am happy to report that she is making super progress and was able to enter live-in rehab. Still a LONG way to go but she continues to slowly regain some of her bodily functioning and mental capacities. Sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow but getting there. Would appreciate prayers for Annie from those who are "pray-ers." Thanks!

Misti
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #96  
aka Valerie

Last night's post, trying again:

ANNIE! Holy Smoke! I am SO excited for you!! CONGRATULATIONS on SHATTERING that 460 mind barrier. You are TOE-tally on your way now!!

BRANDNEWME, Thank you for your sweetness!! I’m trying hard to get back here more and more, but it seems like that list is moving faster than ever before.

BRENDA, How are those flowers doing? I’ve been given several beautiful plants lately, but haven’t gotten any of them planted. Just watering them is a challenge. I hear you on the “re-starting” your life – I’m there as well.

NANCY, I’m SO proud of you for handling things with your ex the way you did. I can only imagine how stressful it is to try and move on with him so close all the time. Tomorrow morning take a look at what’s below HIS beltline and tell him how droopy HE is! HA! Anyway, you’re doing great! And I’m glad you had that NSV from that woman at the gym.

CATHERINE <hugs> You rock, and don’t you ever forget it!

MISTI – Always great to see you here!

Well, I ALMOST got back on Gabriel (horse) last night. You don’t notice it so much standing beside him, but when I climb up on the mounting block and can look down at him, he has the most incredible broad back – it’s like a SOFA! He’s really filled out this past year!

He’s pretty quiet and calm when I’m on the ground and someone ELSE is climbing up on him and walking around, but when I get up there he keeps turning his head all the way around to look at me and bump me with his nose. He gets a little nervous when he can’t actually SEE me I guess. So I put a friend up on him a couple times. Every time we do that sort of thing and treats happen instead of anything bad, I figure I’m one step closer to riding him myself. Someday soon…

I’m not 100% op yet, but I’m doing SO much better than I have in a long time. I’m feeling success just around the corner, almost within my reach. I know that I can do it, I just have to keep on trying. And WYLLENN? I promise – I PROMISE – that tomorrow I’ll pick up my weights again and get with the program. I just don’t quite feel up to lots of aerobics yet, but muscle burns more calories than fat, and I CAN build muscle!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:41 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Morning, everyone. Sorry still no time for personals, as today's going to be another BUSY day. I'll be SO glad when things are back to normal. Going for a hike this morning on some trails with my Mom, and then out to lunch, and then loads of laundry, dishes, and everything else to do. Blah. Tomorrow morning is the funeral, so I don't know when I'll have a chance to get caught up. Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #98  
aka Valerie

MISTI- Little Annie has my prayers. I can't imagine what her family and loved ones are facing. I'm so glad she's heading in the right direction and has the love and support she'll need.

Busy Kayley-Bee, I wish I was walking trails, too - but I'll have to settle for joining you on a laundry mission. I hate laundry. But not as much as I hate dirty clothes, right? HA!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #99  

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies!

I am happy to report that I am still sticking with my re-commitment to exercise. I know that I need to do this to achieve my goals...not to mention the great health benefits to it. I rode my stationary bike for 13 mins this AM and will go to the reservoir after work for a 40 min walk. It is beautiful there and helps clean out the cobwebs and dust in my brain after a long day. I am trying to get in more "steps" again as well.

Valerie - I cannot tell you how great it is to read your experiences with Gabriel. I cannot wait until I can fulfill a personal dream of mine and take riding lessons. That will be so awesome! I hope you can ride your big guy soon!

Nancy - Good for you for taking action regarding your ex. When someone has nothing of substance to argue about they will start making fun of appearance, etc. Remember, you were the one trying to be nice and end the relationship in a mature way and not leave him high and dry. Let him take the low road...you continue on the high road!

Catherine - I don't know what to say. I have never been in your exact shoes, so I can't say I have, but I know that I always look forward to your posts. I hope you have been able to shake this blue funk and move forward. You have so much to contribute!

Lesley - Have fun in Myrtle Beach! It is a lot of FUN! My sister has a beach house just about 45 mins north of there in North Carolina and in my younger days we used to go down there and hit the clubs dancing and stuff. Loved it!

Annie - Good for you! I am so happy that you have passed a milestone and that encourages you to go even further! The pampering at the beauty school sounds fabulous! I think when you hit your next milestone you should do whatever you want to your hair. Cut it a bit if you want to! My hubby likes longer hair, but I tell him when he will pay for someone to come in daily and make that long hair look fabulous before I leave for work every morning, then I might consider it!

Jillybean - Where the heck are ya girl????

Xena - OUCH re: your foot. Hopefully its nothing, but definitely see the doc about it!

Well..thats got to be it for now. I must get some work done. Have a GREAT OP day everyone!!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #100  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, at the moment I am up 7 pounds over my ticker. I am going to give myself one more week and then I will adjust it to the correct amount. I really hate putting my ticker up, but I also need to hold myself accountable. For awhile I kept telling myself that while I wasn’t losing at least I was maintaining. It was true for awhile too, and then it crept up.

I had two NSV’s yesterday (and another day on plan – discounting the one tiny bite I will mention). First, I went and saw an apartment after work. Once again, it wouldn’t work. This one didn’t have a kitchen. It was just two rooms that were once this woman’s attic. She said she could put a fridge and microwave in there, and a stove later if I wanted, but there was no sink! There was also no separate entrance, so I would have had to walk through this woman’s house. She had a small puppy and had gates up everywhere. That would be a total pain to deal with. It was cheap, but there was a reason! Ugh!

But, instead of getting all depressed like I have in the past and just heading home, I headed back to my office building and went to the gym. Then, later on after a good dinner (shrimp and green beans over brown rice – yum!), I went hunting for something sweet. I opened the freezer and there was my ex’s ice cream cake. I opened it up and took a tiny piece of the frosting off the side and put it back. In a few minutes I then took the cake out again and was going to have some more, when I stopped myself. I strongly, out-loud, told myself that I didn’t need this cake and that I should put it back right now. And I did it! I also didn’t have anything for the rest of the night, even though I thought I was feeling hungry (not really sure if I was – it was one of those things). When my ex got home later I told him that if he didn’t eat the cake tonight before he left for the weekend (he is going to visit his parents), that it would be gone and not because I ate it. He hates throwing out food (it is one of his pet peeves) so I can be assured that he will eat it tonight so that it won’t tempt me any more.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #101  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I'm not gone. Having computer problems at home. Hope to be back on line next week.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Lesly: Oh, please don't chicken out on the parasailing. That is one thing I soooo want to try when I loose more weight. I hope you have a blast on your Vacation.

Val: I had trouble posting last night too. Glad you finally were able to post. Great news with Gabe. I can't wait for the day when you say you rode him for a while with no problems. You will get back on track soon. Just be happy that you are better than you were. Any little bit helps. Hugs.

Misti: Thank you for letting us know how Annie is doing. I have been wondering many times and I will continue to pray for her.

Kayley: Hugs to you hun. So sorry that you have to go to a funeral tomorrow.

Peggy: Great job on Walking. I would cut my hair if it didn't make my head look like a big pea on top of my shoulders with short hair right now. (Ammi gave me that image when we were chatting about short hair one time and I just loved it.) lol.

Nancy: Sorry that the apartment hunting is not going so great. One will happen for you I'm sure. I am so proud of you for not eating the cake. I talk to myself out loud at times I am struggling with eating too. It seems to work. lol.

Well, it is still pretty early and supposed to be WARM today here. I need to go and do my walking before it gets too warm. Hope you all have wonderful op days.

Where are you Sharon, Lisa, Jilly, Ammi, Sandy?

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #103  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, I am in a better mood if I'm still not OP. I'm in a pretty good mood considering that I am on crutches. I have not just plantar, but actual heel bursitis all the way up into my Achilles tendon. I'm wrapped up with it elevated right now. Himself even did the laundry this morning so that I would stay off my foot. I'm just going to try to heal first. I'm sending off my first assignment today. At least I can do that sitting down. I'm going to put a Futurama Dvd in and allow myself to vegetate some. It is actually comforting to know that there is something wrong, and what it is, rather than just be in pain all the time. I'm hoping to be better by Saturday. The Police are here in concert. I won't get to see the show, but I will get to hear it. My church does one of the concession stands at the stadium where the Edmonton Eskimos football team plays, and that's where the concert is. I will be sitting in the kitchen fixing stuff, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to hear the music. It is always so loud. Thanks to everyone who has been wishing me well. I'm going to be fine. I think I just need to give myself a little more time to get back on track.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #104  

It's sure been busy....and HOT today! Mom & I went to a nearby park where they have hiking trails. We walked their longest trail...60 mins of good walking/climbing/hiking!! It was about 90 degrees, even though it was only 10:30am! Definately glad we brought water with us! We were definately ready for some lunch by then! She took me out for my birthday, and I stayed within the points that I let myself have for this lunch, and still had exactly what I wanted! Loving Weight Watchers SO much! After that, we came back here, and then I put in a couple of loads of laundry, and headed off to the college, and registered for my Sociology class. I was only the 6th person to register for the Summer, and if we don't get 8 people, the class won't go! I'll know by Wednesday or Thursday. So, I'm not going to go and buy the book until I know for sure! Back here, and put clothes into the dryer, and put another load in the washer. Still have a sink full of dishes to do, but I wanted to pop in here with at least a FEW personals!

Oh, and I have a NSV to share! This past week, when I weighed, I had maintained, but Andrew said that my body looks like it's compacting a bit! Probably all the working out I've been doing! Yay for weight training & cardio! LOL!

Peggy - Glad to hear that the exercise is going well! Enjoy the reservoir! I love going to lovely places like that to just walk, and clear my mind. It's so refreshing!

Nancy - You're telling me! I loathe making my ticker go up. Especially a lot. But hon, 7 pounds is NOTHING compared to what you've already accomplished! Wow, that apartment sounds really crappy! I could NOT live without a kitchen! I love to cook too much! Glad you're not going to take it. Fantastic NSV avoiding the cake! Ice cream cake is the WORST...I would have probably cheated, and had some! BAH! I love it so. LOL.

Scarlett - Hope you get your computer issues all taken car of!

Annie - Hope you got that walk in before it got TOO hot!

Catherine - I hope you are feeling well enough to go on Saturday. That sounds like fun, even if it's just working the concession stand. Sorry to hear that your foot is doing so poorly right now.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #105  

Yesterday, when I was at the DMV, renewing my license, she asked for my weight. Michigan never put weight on licenses, but I think they might now. I lied, of course. Very sheepishly, I said I weighed 260. Blah. And the picture they took....SO not flattering. Yuck.
Closed Thread