Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #61  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning everyone and to the new girls. I do love it here. it keeps me going even if it's just knowing I'm not the only one struggling.
Although, for the last 2-3 weeks, I have been doing well food wise. I haven't been exercising, it's just so painful. I do plan on taking at least one of the dogs for a walk today. Even if it's only for ten minutes, it'll be better than laying in bed or the recliner. My son's wedding in in September, and I want to weigh a certain amount, but I'm afraid to set that high of a goal. In fact, I'm afraid of more than 10 pounds a month. Even that feels scary at times.

Catherine, I say all that cuz I've grown fond of you. All we can do everyday is our best. Sometimes, it's the best we can do minute by minute. Personally, I think you should lay off the exercise for a couple days and let your body heal. You've come so very far to not hang on. We're all here for you. to you.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #62  

OK, this is my first go at the personals, so please bear with me.

shannie ~ I'm new too and also from Ontario, Canada. I'm basically doing the same as you are as far as an eating plan. on your weigh-in.

Cris ~ Sounds like you're decorating. I watch a lot of decorating shows on TV. I look forward to you posting before and after pics. Will they be in this thread?

LAnne ~ I'm glad the pain is gone and you're feeling better now. on your weigh-in.

wyllenn ~ for the reminder of measuring myself. I do want to do that as well, although I'm not so sure I'm ready to see the numbers. I hope your craziness ends soon.

hippievanlady ~ Great suggestion to take before pics. Now, if I can only find someone who has a camera. I can only imagine how embarrassing it would've been when you were weighing yourself at truck stops and fish markets. I'm that you're not losing weight as quickly as you would like. I usually lose slow too. I've heard that the slower you take it off, the better your chance of keeping it off. Of course, that thought never helped me feel any better when the number on the scale wasn't moving. Keep hanging in there.

Sally ~ on the 3 lb. weight loss.

Kaley ~ on the new car. How exciting for you.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 455/435/150

Height: 5'5

good morning everyone

best of luck with the scale hunt.. it can be a bit frustrating.. I actually found mine through ebay.. The company is myweigh thats their website also.. They have 2 models in the higher weight limits, one for 440 and one for 550.. It measures in pounds and killos. I am pleased with mine.. Hubby and I had a good laugh though as it has a talking option and he didn't know and he stepped on one morning and got rather embaressed and says boy, no keeping that a secret lol

So if anyone needs a scale thats 380 + you can check out their website..

Rochelle
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Well as promised here I am again today. I’ve taken Beth to have her hair cut, and it’s very pretty but she doesn’t want me to take pics of it until after I dye it PURPLE for her Well she’s 16 tomorrow so if that’s what she wants that’s what she’ll get

I also went to the docs with Daren, and he has to go for some blood tests tomorrow plus they’ve put him on tablets as a preventative measure to prevent his arteries clogging with cholesterol. I’ve got to have blood tests too, my dad died of a heart attack when he was 60 and that supposedly could put me in an at risk category. So it’s blood tests galore tomorrow! What a great start to Beth’s birthday, going to the hospital to have the tests.

Sandy - thanks for hoping Daren is ok and wishing Beth a happy birthday. How are you feeling now, did you manage to get one of those cushions I suggested to help with the sore butt?

Thanks for what you said about my pic too. I can’t remember the first avatar pic I had on here, but as I know I have changed a lot I don’t need to remember it to agree with you that it’s different to now. If only I could get the rest of my body to look as slim as my face!!!

Kayley - that’s great that you are soon to be the owner of that fab car. I can just picture you driving to the concert with your newly burned music blaring Have a great time.

Thanks for the birthday wishes to Beth and for the compliments on my pic

Cdncatlover - hi and a belated from me. I do try to post often but sometimes it’s just not possible. So I ‘m sorry I missed welcoming you earlier. I hope you find a scale soon That said, please don’t be offended, but I do think you are placing too much emphasis on the scale. Yes it’s helpful to have one and to make sure you are going the right way with your weight loss. But you can also tell by measuring yourself, also by how you fit in your clothes, and by how you feel in yourself. Be proud that you are at least doing all you can to lose the weight, and when you do get scales it will be lovely to see that you have had a loss. If you haven’t though, don’t be downhearted, just make it make you more determined to keep on trying. Your efforts will be rewarded

Heather - what you wrote about my pic made me smile Thank you. As I said to Sandy, all I have to do now is get the rest of me looking as slim and I’ll be one happy lady

Shannie - Glad you found us. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I am sure that just calorie counting and being aware of what you eat will make a big difference to you and you’ll already see a good weight loss. Please do come back and let us know.

Cris - hi. Hope you enjoyed AI. I don’t get to watch it until Friday and I have no idea who is going to win. I thought Melinda might, but as she’s been voted out already (unbelievable) I don’t know how America will vote now.

LAnne - sorry that you had a scare the other night, but I am glad you are feeling much better now. with your WI.

Catherine - oh I didn’t realise that you could suffer angina, but not have to have it forever! That’s good to know. At least if Daren does have it I know it doesn’t have to be for life

I love what you said about my photo, I really wish all of me was as skinny as my face looks!! Thanks for the compliments though

I am sorry you are struggling so much at the moment and feel like you are losing your grasp on the weight loss. I wish I could think of something profound to help you, but all that comes to mind is to not be so hard on yourself. You have come so far, even if you didn’t lose another lb you are still amazing. Try to keep positive, and if you want a break from the dieting, have one, but just try to maintain while you are having it

Sally - a belated from me and on the 3 lbs loss Where in Nevada do you live? Wanna swap homes for a while I’d love to live in Nevada. Don’t know if you’d like to live in cold wet Wales though

Kymberly - great to see your post and thanks for the compliments on my pic

Ok gotta run now, it’s time to make tea, and then I am going to flake out for a while before colouring Beth’s hair. Take care all and I’ll pop back on before bed time.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #65  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quick pop in here....

Ammi, You look amazing. I saw your head shot and then I went and looked at the picture page. You have come so far!!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm the proud new owner of a Kia Spectra LS!!!!!!!!! I am BEYOND thrilled! When Andrew gets home, perhaps I'll have him take a picture of me next to the car...but if I don't get the nerve to do that (lol), then I'll at least post a couple pics of my new baby. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Mom & I met for lunch, and walked 2 miles in the park (40 mins), so I don't have to do my cardio tonight at the gym, and can just focus on weights tonight. Well, I've gotta call Andrew, and see when he's going to come home, so we can run to Walmart, then fill up the car before the prices go up for the holiday weekend. It's already $3.40 a gallon. Going to take the car to get washed, too....

Lots still to do today...whew. I'll try and hop back on here before the gym, and if not before, then definately after. Hope you're all having a great day! It's sunny & 92 degrees here!

Cat - for your success at the mall!!

Ammi – Good luck dying Beth’s hair! Is she doing full on purple, or a reddish-purple. I used to love dying my hair all sorts of colors….and I still would, if I didn’t have to go out and find a “real” job. Haha. I hope Daren’s tests come back alright!!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Everyone of you lovely sweethearts, please don't worry about my calorie intake. I will not do that again. I was not so bright in my thinking. lol. I am happy to be back op all week and exercising like I should be.

To all the loosers: Congrats

To all who are struggling:

Catherine: Huge Hugs to you and some I have tied a virtual knott in the end of your rope so you WILL NOT SLIP OFF! Hang on my friend. You are almost in that I think you should just sit in and do some flutter kicks until your feet are not hurting!

To all the new people: We are glad you are here.

Ammi: Happy Birthday to Bethy! Hugs to you and Darren and hope all the tests come out Super. And just because I know you love it a big for you

I have been cleaning my house today and I am almost finished with the chores that I set out to do. I still need to ride my bike as I just got back from the pool. I think I will watch something that I have on Tivo and ride my bike in front of the TV.

Kayely: Huge Congrats to you on the new car!

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon (almost evening!!) Ladies!!

I am posting at this time because I will be working OT until next Thursday...thank goodness we have Friday and Monday off because I would really be dead!!!!
It's crazy here as usual...Scott registered for college today, Sammi had a field trip to work the Student Council annual carnival for one of the AHRC organizations around here (I think it means Association for Handicapped and ******ed Children if I am not mistaken), we are still waiting on a guy to come give an estimate for work done on the house, and I haven't even started dinner yet!!

Kayley: on your Kia! I love mine...what color did you get?

Ammi: I love the new haircut!! I think your new shirt looks AWESOME!! So stop the talk about the rest of you catching up ...I think you look wonderful!! I hope Darren is feeling better.

Catherine: Oh sweetie...just think of how far you have come!! 206 lbs is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just hang on a little longer until you get to that pool!! Maybe you should take a little rest until then. You will be amazed how easy it is for your body to exercise when being held up by the water, and you wont hurt so much afterwards! (and to sweeten the pot, there is no sweating! )

Cdncatlover: I loveyour ending quote...I have 3 kitties and there is nothing like a purr to make me happy!
at the mall Friday!

Shannie: This is a great place for info, support, and wonderful friends!

Sally: on the -3!!

The boys are almost done mowing the lawn, so I guess I should at least think about starting dinner! A woman's work is never done!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the evening!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah...and since tommorrow is WI, I better get to move my ticker down or I pity anyone who gets near me!!!!
(Catherine~I am reving up my Mini-Van just in case!!!)
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #70  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am feeling better. On good days I can handle the fatigue that comes with being on a diet, and the just hating to be on diet stuff and cravings, but when I am in too much pain I reach my max gross load. I guess I reached it yesterday. I’m going to rest from most of the exercise for a couple of days with just some light walking. I broke down and bought new shoes today, and some halo heel pads for the plantar. I had been cutting my own out of old mouse pads, and that is fine for preventative purposes, but when I have a flare up of the inflammation, I have to have the real ones. There are some things that I just have bite the bullet on and spend the money for.

Futurediva-I am also very sick of being fat. The last few days, that first step out of bed in the morning has been so painful that I have almost fallen to the floor. My feet are very skinny. I’m not sure why I had to lose weight in my feet first. I kind of needed them to stay fat enough to support me. I was in the wheelchair long enough that my feet had the life of Riley, and I think they are mad now and taking it out on me.

Wyllenn-I’m still trying to hang in there. My husband keeps asking me if we are eating a good diet, and I always say yes, just too much of it.

Kayley-I remember how much fun it was to buy new cars. Enjoy it.

Sandy-I am going to lay off for awhile. I’m getting tired of smelling like icyhot. I get it into my head that if I’m not losing weight, that I just need to work harder, and that if I drop from it, then that is just the way it has to be. I can’t exchange one obsession for another. My body has been through too much for me to be so hard on it that I hurt myself.

Ammi-Purple hair!?!? I thought the kids had gotten through that phase and were into dye their skin and piercing it. Would you have to coordinate your wardrobe to match? My angina was stress and high blood pressure induced. As long as I take my blood pressure medicine, I have no problems. They put me on a nitro pill that is extended release sort of. Instead of waiting for an attack and then putting one under the tongue. The pain is basically from the muscles around the heart not getting enough oxygen. That can be because of blockages, or in my case because they were squeezed shut by the high blood pressure. When they have tried taking me off the meds, I don’t have chest pain, my blood pressure goes up. The nitro relaxes the vessels somehow.

Annie-I’m hanging on to the knot you tied. I’m going to just do flutter kicks for now. They don’t hurt, and actually seem to help my feet not hurt so bad. Some times I just feel like it is never going to end. I forget what it feels like not to hurt.

Donna-I had gotten up to 9 hours of water aerobics a week before moving to Canada. I’ve been out of the water for 16 months now. That’s too long. For someone with my history of injuries and arthritis, the water is the only place that it is actually safe for me to exercise. I am counting the minutes. Oh, and if you have to run the scale down, make sure it is dial side up. They should see it coming. Of course if you are squeamish, you could give it a blindfold and last cigarette.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #71  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies!

Not much to report here...I've stayed op so far this week...but it's usually easier for me during the week. It's the weekends that kill me.

We are expecting warm weather for the next couple of days so I'm looking forward to that....you would think someone like me with so much insulation would not be freezing cold all the time, but that is not the case with me!

Ammi - Purple hair, that's fantastic! My kids love dying their hair...unfortunately their father doesn't approve so we end up doing the colored gel every day. I hope she has a great birthday. I'm not sure who will win AI...my favorite was voted out some time ago and I became somewhat indifferent at that point. My daughter picked Jordin and Blake right from the beginning so she is happy.

Kayley - congrats on the new car! Although...did they not fill up the tank and wash it for you before you picked it up? In any case, I bet you are pumped about it!

catlover - yes, we are remodeling the house, room by room. We did the kids rooms last year, now we are doing our room, then the living room, and then the kitchen. I love watching those remodeling shows...especially the ones like Design on a Dime! That's right up my alley!

To everyone else...a big Hope you all are well and having a great day!

Cris
Old 05-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #72  

Question

What is the purpose of drinking water while dieting? Also, how much do y'all drink? Can I substitute some of it with Diet Pepsi?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #73  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

It actually takes water to metabolize fat so that you can burn it. It also takes water to rid the body of retained fluid. I know that one doesn't make sense. It also makes you feel fuller. I heard Dr. Oz on Oprah say that fluid is fluid no matter where you get it. I use a lot of sugar free koolaid.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

All the new research suggests it doesn't matter, for hydration purposes, where the fluid comes from (water, coffee, etc).

I do try to keep hydrated but don't count my liquids. I drink when I am thirsty and make sure to keep hydrated following exercise.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #75  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Dear ladies! I've been gone again lately. I keep thinking I'm catching up and going to have some free time, but the phone keeps ringing with more stuff to do. I have a feeling that's going to be my life this for the rest fo the summer, but in reality, I love it - horses, horses, horses!

On the other hand we're having a crisis here as well, Bill is suffering more than me, but together we'll be OK. The company we've been affiliated with for the last 7 years has totally lost their freaking little minds and has decided to burn every single driver they have, the good and the bad, and it may very well do them irrepairable harm as well. We have to find a new company immediately. On top of that, this weekend is...(insert chilling hunting-shark type music)... the wedding from ****.

I'm looking FORWARD to next TUESDAY, when it will all be just a wretched memory. I still don't even know what evil SD's last name is about to be. Do I care? No. I just want it over.

Been doing much better foodwise now that all the birthday bashes are over. It summer. The excuses are almost gone. I'm finally getting back in the swing! But this starting over 5 times a week is getting REEEEEALLY old!

Take care friends!
Closed Thread