Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #46  
Superstar!!!

S/C/G: 314/30/150

Height: 5'5.5

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing on this board...sorry.

I have my weekly weigh in ( with myself at home lol) tomorrow. It'll be my first week since I started my new get healthy plan, so I'm excited to see if I've had any progress. I've just started calorie counting and am adjusting to actually having to pay attention to what I eat, instead of just putting whatever into my mouth.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #47  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to say hello and say I hope you are all doing well!

Lesley - I do have some before pics of the bedroom and I will have after pics when everything gets put back up. Today the curtains went up but I'm waiting for this weekend to tackle the drape thingy that goes over the bed. I surely will post when we're done though!

I hope everyone had a super day - gotta run, AI is on!!!

Cris
Old 05-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick one, and I'm off to the gym!

Shannie - and good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!

Cris - Can't wait to see those before & after pics!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannie1985 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing on this board...sorry.
Shannie -- WELCOME! As for what to do... read, comment, learn, talk -- get and give support! It's a great place for that! I will note that these threads move fast -- we talk a LOT!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #50  
banned

Well, so far, so good; no more "attacks" like I had late last night. All food and liquid seemed to pass through without any trouble and I was able to work out for 45 minutes without pain. I have a feeling I must have had some trapped gas between the band or something and it had worked its way out. I started feeling closer to normal as the day progressed anyway and even more so after I took my mile walk this evening.

Two days to weekly WI..wonder what the numbers hold this week? I should also measure myself just for the heck of it too.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #51  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

cdncat~ I bought mine at Sears. I think it is 380lbs and it also is weight watchers. And I live on lil ole PEI.

Brenda
Old 05-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #52  

Unhappy

Motivation is almost non-existant for me, even in the best of times. With not having a scale, I have no idea how much my starting weight was. I also have no idea what progress I'm making or not. I'm having a very difficult time finding any motivation to continue with this. For all I know, my weight may not even be budging at all or heaven forbid gone up.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #53  

catlover -- even without a scale there are lots of ways to measure progress. Taking measurements is easy to do and can help. Sometimes at our starting weights it can take a while to see changes in clothing, but that's another.

Or if you begin exercise -- of any kind -- track your progress. Can you walk further? faster? do more in general?

I think sometimes we give the scale way more power than it deserves.

As for motivation... that's tough. I know mine comes and goes, and that I can't always rely on it. I try to focus on commitment rather than motivation...

This is a great place to ask questions, get support and just gnash your teeth -- as a group we often have great ideas!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 AM   #54  

Quick post before bed...I posted this on the exercise thread, but I'll go ahead and post it here, too. Tonight, Andrew & I got ready, and headed to the gym. The street lights were out downtown, which was odd. Then, we got to the gym, and it was closed! The power had gone out half an hour before we got there! BAH! We only live a mile away...so it's crazy that our power wasn't out, too! Tonight was supposed to be my cardio night, but Andrew & I walked in the park for about 20 mins to make up for our lost workout night, and I'll have to do at least 15-20 mins cardio along with my weights tomorrow, to make up completely for today! Heh.

Well, I'm off to bed. It's an EARLY morning for me, and of course....another busy one! When do I get a BREAK?! lol.

NIGHT LADIES!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #55  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-I don’t know how you have the energy to breath let alone clean house. You better not mess with your diet anymore. You’ve had one scare, and you need to do what the Dr. says, or else I’m going to hop the bus to Idaho and kick your butt. 160 calories wouldn’t run your body for a half an hour. You’re just lucky that Greyhound is on strike here right now.

Wyllenn-The biggest problem I have is not so much figuring it out, I could probably do that eventually, but the lack of “before” pictures. That would be my first advice to someone just starting this process – take pictures. We hate looking at ourselves, but when we are smaller, we will be so grateful for the chronicle. Yes, it should be just about a week from now depending on the government. I am figuratively treading water until then, just trying not to sink.

Bloomer-If you don’t sleep well, you may have apnea. As Annie can tell you, it is hard to lose weight when you have that undiagnosed. I spend half my time anymore trying to minimize damage.

Emily-I hate to say this, but have you considered gout? That can cause big toe pain, and it is more common now that most people realize. If it is a corn, and man do those hurt like crazy, I found that these little round toe bandages are Godsends.

Peggy-I tried really hard to pick up the green tea habit, but I just can’t stand tea. I finally gave up and got the green tea pills from GNC.

Leslie-I’m feeling better today mainly because I’ve had chocolate. I have been craving it like crazy for a week, and finally just said the **** with it and had some. I am physically feeling better, not just mentally. I have read that chocolate cravings are a sign of magnesium deficiency. One of the large grocery stores here have come out with a Gatorade knock-off that is sugar free that I am going to try to see if I’m having some electrolyte problems. I take lots of vitamins, and eat a nutritional diet, but I think my water pill may be depleting me. I’ve got to try something. I’m tired of being tired and in pain from over working myself trying to compensate. I understand about feeling like you aren’t contributing. I haven’t had a job in 15 years. I know that we would be better off if I could work fulltime. I survive it by subtracting from the outgoing side of the equation rather than adding to the incoming which I can’t do. Every little economy I make allows me to feel like I am contributing to the bottom line.

Nancy- I always hated moving, so I don’t envy your “exercise” plan at the moment.

Ammi-I hope that Daren is feeling better. I’ve had angina, so I know that it can be painful, and really scary. I haven’t really had another bad attack since the medication after the first one. I hope they find out what is wrong quickly. AND my first thought on seeing your new picture is what the heck is someone so skinny doing hanging out with us. That’s the kind of “after” picture I want for the back of my book.

Catlover-I got my 380lb. scale at XSCargo in Edmonton. It was last year’s model so pretty cheap. I’m border line on the ERR message, but I’m hopeful that any day now, I will be back small enough to register. Wal-Mart carries the Weight Watcher’s ones and so does Linen’s and Things. When I started I wasn’t sure either. I tried using a tape measure, and that went no where quick. I got weighed at a truck stop and at a fish market. That embarrassment is still vivid, but I think it was important to know, no matter how bad. I used 2-3 scales at a time with a piece of wood connecting them. Felt silly, probably wasn’t perfectly accurate, but gave me a decent amount lost.

Shannie-Welcome, That’s the first hurdle, just taking notice of what you are eating. I’ll bet I used to eat 10,000 calories without realizing it. I’d tell the doctor in complete honesty that “I just don’t eat like that,” when he’d ask what all I was eating to get to be 600 lbs.

As for me, it has been another busy week. I feel like I have been running into a stiff wind and getting no where. I have never felt like giving up, but sometimes I feel like my body is giving up. I can’t exercise harder. Every joint is screaming at me. I had choir practice tonight, and didn’t think I would be able to walk the 2 blocks home because of the pain my feet were in from all the walking I did yesterday. I’m exhausted and just so tired of this. I’ve been fighting for almost 6 years now. I should have reached my goal weight a long time ago. I know I have to do this the rest of my life, but I don’t understand why it can’t be just a little easier. I keep thinking that as soon as I can go to the pool that I will feel better. I’m just trying to hold on, but I feel like my fingers are starting to slip.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 300/300/155

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies,

I am very thankful I joined this site. As of today I have lost 3 lbs. I am very excited, because I have been trying to budge some weight off since Christmas. I beleive it is begining to move off because I can communicate my feelings about my weight freely. Thank you to all for making feel welcome and comfortable.

Have a great Wednesday, Sally AKA the Night Owl in Nevada!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #57  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Just wanted to say hi, i havent posted in a few days due to my schedule. i have tried to keep up with whats going on , cause i missed everyone
ANNIE: i love your picture you look so cute and the wolf/dog is adorable! hope your feeling better and please dont let your calories get so low again!
AMMI: your new picture is great too, i really need to take one of me and post it soon.
CATHERINE: im sorry you are not feeling well. as for motivation and such, you truly have given me so much inspiration through you journey and your experiences. i too should have been at my goal wt a long time ago. everytime in the past when i reached a certain wt, it was like it was "ok" for me to stay there. i dont know what is different for me this time other than i am absolutely sick of being fat! dont be so hard on yourself, to me your awesome!
TO ALL THE NEW LADIES: welcome, and i can totally relate to all your struggles. i spent the better part of my life "morbidly obese" (dont you love that word, ha-ha) , then severly overwt, now just overwt. its been an off and on struggle for me and others, but all i can say is, DONT GIVE UP!!!! the way i feel, the difference in my apprearance, the ability to wear "normal" clothes, not to mention the compliments, is totally worth it!!! you can do it ,and you deserve it for yourself
Ok, i need to get ready for a busy day. i am doing fine with food and excersise, and i hope to see a loss this week. i feel like i have been eating more, but its all "safe" food so hopefully i havent done any damage.
i hope everyone has a great day, and hopefully i will be back tonight
Old 05-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #58  

Catherine -- I so appreciate you sharing your insights and your struggles. I am trying to hold on with you until you can go swimming! It will be so much fun to cheer you on as you lose. Remember it's just a week. You can't do that much damage in a week, especially if you're trying to hang in there

Man, I need that advice myself! This week has been a little better than the 2 that came before it, but I am still struggling. I'm writing everything down, but I'm eating more than I should be still. I think my craziness will continue for 2 more weeks. So I'm just going to try to do my best until then, and then reassess. I just can't wait for this term to be OVER!!!

So, I'm going to take my own advice (thus illustrating to me, yet again, the value of 3fc!)
Old 05-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #59  

Just flying through this morning. I have to get all the paperwork done this morning, so I can drive home my new car today!!! I've VERY excited! I'll catch you all a little bit later, when the craziness has died down some.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #60  

I've decided that I'm going to look for a Weight Watcher's scale at Sears. I checked out Sear's website and they have 3 that I can pick from. They all have a maximum weight of 380 lbs. Now, I have to hope that I don't weigh more than that.

I'm sorry for being such a MAJOR pest about this. again for all the great help y'all have been. Wish me luck when I go to the mall on Friday.
Closed Thread