Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #91  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi – I hope you feel better! Here are some positive vibes

Brenda – Congratulations on the 8 pound loss!!! That is fantastic. Your peanut butter solution sounds pretty good. I too have very little restraint when it comes to PB and it is so difficult to measure out.

Catherine – That is odd that you are feeling nauseous in the morning. I think getting it checked out is worth a new pair of shoes.

Shadie – Dimples thwarting pizza! I love it! Congratulations on taking 3 inches off your waist.

Patti – That is fantastic that you are almost done with your Christmas weight. Has the Wii been helping?

Sharon – I am glad that TOM finally came and that you can stop worrying. That was such a cute thing of Aiden to say.

Annie – A half hour a day on your bike is so amazing! You are so inspiring. I wanted to mention from before, please never apologize for when you are doing well even if others are struggling. It really helps to see people doing so well and can help lift others’ spirits up.

Michelle – Sometimes when things are easier to do it is a better excuse to put them off. That being said, get yourself to a doctor! You wouldn’t want to damage your hearing over something that could easily be fixable.

EmilyMay – That is so cool that you are feeling so great about going to the gym. It is so much easier to do when it is a pleasure. Is it possible to find a place you don’t have to pay for every time you go?

Thanks everyone for your feedback on my post yesterday. I had a good session with the counselor and explained everything to him. He understood what I was saying and thought that it is time for me to end the relationship. I am not sure when I will do it – perhaps some time this weekend or I may wait to do it at our next counseling session on Thursday. I will just see how things go. One thing that I said while we were talking – it just popped out of my mouth – was that I am at an emotional plateau with my weight loss and that there is something I need to deal with before I can move forward. It is probably my relationship that is the issue, but it will take some work. Hopefully trying to forge ahead with weight loss will also help cause some type of catharsis that will help move me forward. It sucks to be stuck!

Even though I wanted it to be a good week, it was still rough. Things got kind of ugly between the woman at the B&B and me when I told her I was only going to finish up what I was doing. Hopefully we have resolved it enough so that when I go there tomorrow it won’t be miserable. I also received Godiva chocolates on Valentine’s and I couldn’t resist them. We are going out tonight to eat and see a movie – a delayed Valentine’s Day thing since the movie I wanted to see came out tonight (Bridge to Terabithia). It is a little odd to be doing a Valentine thing when we are about to break up. My BF has been trying so hard to do better, and he has been. The problem is that I don’t think there is anything left to be done. What isn’t meant to be can’t be fixed by doing more.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #92  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Annie~ How are ya? Thanks for the back up regarding not gaining in the winter. I have to NOT use it as an excuse to NOT lose though. I give myself way too many excuses.

Lilion, I'm so glad you're feeling better today. I think I live for late spring, summer and early fall. I love baking myself in the sun. I know, I know, it's bad for my skin. But it's so, so soothing and comforting. I'd rather bake in the sun than keep getting bigger and bigger.

Vamp~ Glad to meet ya!

Sharon~ At least you know you're not pregnant. My dr just said to go with it when tom are so whacked. (figures since he's a man) Really, I love our doctor. But, we all know now I can't take hormones since this stupid blood clot. DH and I did go back to Red Lobster with their vouchers. We got a good waitress. But, the food wasn't ready on time, she forgot several things. Like part of Andy's meal, lemons for our tea etc. She also told us that the young man we spoke to the night we were there the first time, was there for training and had been sent back to "his store" just 1-2 days after our night mare visit. The food was mediocre. All in all, it was very disappointing. Especially since we love seafood and there really isn't any other place in town that supposedly specializes in seafood. Guess I'll just have to buy it fresh and make stuff at home. I hope you get a good report from you dr on the "bad cells" etc. xxxxxxxx

Patti, Glad your scale is moving down again!

Ammi~ Sorry you're not feeling well. big, big

DD's birthday is Sunday and I baked her cake today. Still have to decorate it though. It's a butterfly cake. I'm certain I'll have a piece of it, but not a huge piece. We're taking her to Chuckie Cheese for her birthday. We have never been so I know she'll be excited. Got her a new pair of shoes for basketball. Not high tops, Catherine, I couldn't find any in her size. But they're not the low cut ones either. Andy wants to get her a new loft bed. We went to look at them the other night, but he hasn't made a final decision yet. Step daughter is at her mothers for several days. Til Sunday. I am amazed at how much calmer things are at home when she's at her mother's. Even the dog is more relaxed.
We have gotten so much snow this week that the city is having a hard time finding places to put it. Therefore, Abby's basketball practice for tonight and Saturday has been canceled. They literally did not have enough room for parking. Plus, none of the other teams had been able to practice this week. We still haven't heard about her Sunday league at the high school. However, the kids didn't go to school since Monday, so I doubt she'll have her Sunday game and practice.
I've not been completely op, but I know I've made better choices. How do I know, cuz I'm not carrying any of the guilt I get from being naughty.
Did anyone watch Dr Phil today? It was a very touching piece on a woman who weighted 500+ and a man who weighed at least 1,000 pounds. It made my heart hurt to watch how those people struggle. But, their struggle is exactly like mine. I went to Dr Phil's web site and checked some things out. He always makes perfect sense. Has anyone read his diet book? Is it any good?
Or is it just a way for him to rake in more money?
I hope to check in later. If not, maybe tomorrow. Keep working hard everyone!
XXX
Old 02-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I have to say I love Dr Phil, everything he says is so.. common sense! I haven't watched the episode yet but have it recording on the DVR so I can watch it when I get home from work. I haven't read his book either but I'm very tempted to buy it. It isn't until recently that I've really come to terms with the fact that maybe my weight didn't just happen from inactivity but really drives from somewhere emotional deep down.. I know he says that the weight isn't the problem, it's what drives the weight gain that's the problem. Oh heck, I'm going to go buy the book right now.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #94  

Nancy i think the WII helps in the fact that i get so engrossed into what i am doing i dont focus on food... plus i have been better on PROGRAM AND SLOWLY GETTING BACK INTO MY EXERCISE!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #95  
sandybar

Vamp, Read your blog and loved it. I have almost the same emotions as you. Let me know what you think about the Dr Phil book. I don't have much money to spare so if you think it's a waste, I won't get it.
Enjoy your water class. I loved mine when I had a gym membership.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #96  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
there are lots of us here sick of 'existing' rather than living, watching rather than taking part and our bodies not being able to do what our mind/soul wants to do.
Sharon, you have beautifully worded what I am doing to myself and you weren't even talking to me! These words jumped off the page at me. Thank you for saying them. I must remember them.

Catherine, thank you for sharing your story. What a horrific thing to go through. I could not be happier you have found someone who loves you and who you feel safe with. Bless you.

Nancy, I understand completely what you are saying. Sounds like you really have done the work to make a good and well-thought-out decision regarding your relationship. I can't wait to see what wonderful things are in store for you once you get past this turmoil.

As for me, it's been a busy workweek. And that has spelled disaster on the weighloss front. I have been eating non-stop and not exercising. I am really disappointed in myself but am trying to wipe the slate clean and just start over with no guilt. I don't know what damage I have done at the scale as I skipped my weighin this week. Well, I have confessed now, so that means I have to do what I said and start with my clean slate right now.

Other than that, I got my calculus test back yesterday and got an 89. On one hand, I was extremely happy with that considering that is the first test of any kind I have taken in almost 15 years. On the other hand, I was always an A student so missing an A by one point really sticks in my craw. I'll just have to try a bit harder next time.

Take care everyone. Have a great weekend.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- Getting that nausea checked out might end up being worth more than just that pair of shoes! Keep us posted!

Nancy -- Sounds like you have made a sound decision. It won't be easy at first, but should be worth it in the long run. Good for you for recognizing what YOU need!!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: :Yea for TOM!

Brenda: -8 Congrats to you! Good luck on this next week. Hope you feel better soon.

Ammi: Hugs sweetie. Hang in there.

Shadie: -3 inches on your waist is awesome. You go girl! I can't wait to see your dimples. lol

Catherine: Hugs. I think you should go to the Dr.

Mechele: My start day of the new job was put off until next Friday. Wasn't it nice and sunny today. LOL. I loved it.

Nancy: I will be praying for you as you go through this change in your life. I hope everything works out wonderfully well for you. Hugs.

Sandy: I have that Dr. Phil show tivoed. lol. I usually don't watch him but I saw what it was going to be about and wanted to see it. Have fun with your DD on her birthday outing.

Xena: 89 is soooooo excellent. Give yourself a break girl! That is almost an A. Man for being absent from school fro 15 years mastering an 89 is something to cheer about!

Well, I was Craving with a capital C some pickled green olives today. I tried sooooo hard to skip them because of the salt but, alas I couldn't resist. I think I have been sweating too much and I needed it. Hopefully it won't effect my weigh in tomorrow. If it is a gain, I won't freak out this time around. I have been riding my bike 30 minutes a day and doing the weights and situps. I haven't managed to go back to the pool. I need to because I do enjoy it so much. Hope everyone is op and doing really well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #99  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi chicks
Just a quick post to say hi. this week has been busy for me so i have missed some posts. Congratulations to all the losers, and to those struggling with things, hang in there
SANDY: i have Dr Phils book and i have read it several times. many things he says make total sense, and like Vamp mentioned, his advice is common sense. maybe you could check it out from the library. i think you would enjoy it. i recently bought a book called Thin For Life. it is a great book, with stories from people who have lost and kept off wt for awhile. it has very good ideas on food and excersise, i highly recommend it!
As for me, i have been in a really good mood this week. i really feel like i can do this i have been totally committed to a lifestyle change and i am feeling so good, i want it to last! i also had a Valentines day suprise, my ex boyfriend who i was crazy about, called me from new york, and invited me to see him! i dont know if or when i will go, but it sure was a phone call i needed at the time. i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and hopefully i can post more this weekend
Old 02-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #100  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Just wanted to let you girls know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #101  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Bit hacked off, got on scales and no loss yet and weigh in monday really annoyed cos have worked so hard especially on exercise front! But equally I know miracles don't happen in a week! So will keep on, but feel quite tearful and emotional for some reason, got so much work on, and housework, kids, exercise,argh! Its hard to keep it all going,,,,

Well, got friend over for tea now, will be nice and then I think a bit of essay work. Tomorrow I really must get at least on essay finished or I'll be behind!

Well done Brenda on the -8,

Ammi -hugs, think I know how u feel

Nancy - have joined up monthly now, so pay 68 pounds a month for unlimited visits for me and hubby, will be cheaper in long run. Good luck with the start of something new for you

Xena - oh hun, sorry u have had a hard weight loss week,I swear studying really doesn't help, makes me anxious and nibbly on the food!!

Annie, I hope the olives don't make a difference hun,I have had some salty food recently and I wonder if thats not helped with my weight constantly being the same! I know its better than yo-yoing but I really desperately want to be a stone or two lighter and want it to start coming off. Maybe I need to be tighter on my food, but I just don't want to because I am so relaxed about food and don;t want to become all stressy about it all....
Old 02-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #102  
Shadiepurple

Greetings chickies! Hope all are having a good strong weekend.

EMILY: Hun muscle weighs more than fat but you need the muscle to burn up the fat. You have lost fat but right now it is balanced by the muscle you put on from all you hard work . Don't feel down my dear . You will over take the fat with that great muscle you are building . Keep drinking LOTS of water. Water flushes the broken down fat out. Out and far away is where you want that fat to be. Love and squeezes to you.

BRENDA: WOW OMG WTG HOW EXCITING ! I love those kind of suprises . Good for you.

Cathrine: What are you waiting for hun?? Take the test.The sooner you know the better care you will take of yourself . Some times we just need a good reason to be nice to ourselves. This sounds like a super good one for you . Love and prayers to you and hubby.

AMMI; COME BACK TO US ! WE NEED YOU! !!! Come on, get back in the groove baby.

ANNIE: What kind of jobs are these that your wanting?? And WTG 30 min. on your bike. Burn out tracks on your floors yet?? LOL you go girl.

Xena: 15 years and a 89?? WTG. you didnt lose a step sister.
Did you know that if you drink cold water and eat a mint just before you have to pay attention, like a lecture, it wakes up endorfins in your brain and helps you remember more detales. I learned that in a psyc class. Keep it up lady.

Be back later to finish up on personels. Please know I'm thinking about you all. . Where is Jilly ??xoxoxox stay strong.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #103  
sandybar

Xena~ Congrats on such a good job on your test. You should be very proud of your self! I'm sure 90% or higher will be your next score!

Annie~ I hope those pesty olives didn't affect your weigh in. But you're probably right, you probably needed something in them. Especailly since you've been working so hard. Could have been a lot worse. You could have craved salty chips instead of olives.
Hope y0u liked Dr Phil's show. I was impressed by his straight forwardness while still being gentle.

Kymberly~Thanks for the info on the two books. I'll take a look at Wal-Mart and on line to see about getting at least 0ne of them. I'd go to the library, but it's so far out of the way I'd end up forgetting to take it back. Then there's all kinds of drama from the library people.
I hope things go well for you on your trip to New York.

Erika~Glad to see you. Hope you are doing well. How's Amanda???

Em~Sorry the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like. I've seen it a lot where some weren't getting enough calories. Maybe if you went to fitday.com or just counted your calories for 2-3 days it would give you a better idea as to where you are nutritionally and energy wise. Sometimes our bodies think we're in a famine.

Ammi~ I miss you too! Hope everyone is ok. XXX OOO

Catherine~ Been to the dr yet? Get yourself there my friend. You'd be the first to get one of us to go.

We got 4" more snow last night. Makes for 22+" on the ground. The last snow was light and fluffy so it wasn't too hard to shovel. My obliques have had a major over haul the past couple days from shoveling.
I've got to run to town today for a few groceries. I want tacos so bad I can hardly stand it. I think I'll make giant taco salads with low fat cheese for dinner. And I'll use ground turkey so it isn't so bad for us. It'll be hard, but I won't buy sour cream for it. I think I'll try plain yogurt instead. We'll see.
I'm feeling pretty good today. One bad thing is it's already past noon and I've not had anything to eat. I know that makes my body crazy. I'm gonna go make a protein shake, hit the shower and then go to town. I've got tons of the dreaded laundry to do too. Sadly, no football to watch as I fold it. Maybe I can find a good basketball game on tv while I fold it.
I gotta try to keep this positive feeling going for more than just today.
Hugs to all, will try to log back on later today.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

Well just got back from the grocery store. My weigh in was up by 1.8 pounds. I am not changing my ticker because I knew it would be from the water retention. I am soo puffy with it. Next week should be better. I did get two little bravo stickers at the ww meeting. 1 was for my virtual bike race on the recumbant bike that I am winning by about 100 miles. lol and the other was for not having a single piece of candy on V Day. It felt good to get those. I feel so ready to tackle this week.

After my weigh in I always go out to breakfast and eat whatever I want. NOT Today. I went to the grocery store and bought some veggie sausage and made myself sausage, eggs and toast. I used less points on my ww then I would have getting one breakfast sandwich and hash browns. I feel so powerful right now that I took control of they situation.

I have chicken breasts cooking for my lunches this weekend. Hubby likes to go out and I usually eat out with him but, I made up my mind I will do better this weekend than the last ones.

Blessings to you all.
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 02-17-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #105  

annie i love your willpower i must say good job!
Closed Thread