Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #91  

OP means on program. welcome to the site... best place for moral support and good advice!those dang plateaus i hate them but we just have to wait them out!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Jill - on your new baby niece. So glad to hear that she and mommy are doing great. She's a good size baby, did your sis end up having a natural delivery after being induced?

Patti - sounds like you make your treadmill fun with the singing and all. Do you just walk and sing, or can you manage a tune while in jog mode

YAY the FFM visited you, and about time too!! So how many lovely lbs did she take away??

Erika Leigh - I am sorry that as yet you haven't figured out a way to pay for Amanda's surgery. When you first mentioned it I am sure a few people mentioned ways that you could be able to get help. I hope you look into those things, sadly I can't offer any advice as I don't know the medical system over there at all.

As for the question about the gym I didn't answer before because again I am over here, and don't know the going rate of gyms there. BUT going on prices over here $35 for 4 months for use of the gym and having an instructor is a BARGAIN. I say go for it if you can afford it

My AVY photo was taken on Christmas morning, so the reason I am looking happy in it is because I WAS

Lilion - you are sounding like you are keeping very busy these days, I hope you aren't wearing yourself out.

Amy - I am really sorry to hear about your last Uncle passing away, and so soon after your aunty too. I can understand how it makes your mom worry seeing as she is the last of the siblings. Maybe and hopefully she will be the one to break the mould and she will live til at least 90

I love the way you talk about the 'beast' you should be a writer!! I am glad you finally heard it, and I think you should tease it a bit, get some revenge for damage it's caused in the past. Let it think you are thinking about falling off the wagon, and then WOW it with a great weight loss that will get you zooming past the 20 lbs lost and well onto the safety of the 30s

Laura - Hello and You have one of my all time fave names, your mom wasn't a Little House on the Prairie fan was she I was, hence loving that name. Or maybe you are the Little House fan and Laura is just your nick name for here, OR it's got nothing to do with the show at all and I am just a sad lonely fan of the show Anyway...........I am glad you found us. I was like you losing weight and then gaining it again, I did that all my life. Then I discovered this place and all the wonderful supportive people here, and I haven't looked back. that you will lose the weight, and keep on losing it.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #93  

Ammi just walk and sing m little heart out lol! the ticker says 2 pounds but i think it is more because left my ticker at 285 and my scales kept gpoing up and up to about 288 so since i didnt move my scale up like i should have i am just going to call it 2 pounds... does that make any sense at all?sorry to hear about your phsing troubles hope you got it all fixed now!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #94  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Just a really quick pop in during my lunch break. . . I got to try a Nintendo Wii last night at a coworkers house (I went over after a company dinner where I ate WAY too much- ugh). Just in case you haven’t heard of this, it is a game console but the controller is motion sensitive and gets you to get up and move, rather than just sitting there pushing buttons. It was pretty cool. I tried the tennis, baseball and boxing. Even though I didn't do it for that long (about 20 minutes), I can totally feel it today. I am seriously considering making one my reward for hitting 100 pounds lost. It would both be a good incentive to keep me motivated and a good investment to help me get more exercise. Plus by the time I get there they shouldn’t be quite to hard to get a hold of.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Ammi, Thanks for the welcome. I really need this. I was actually named for my grandmother - Loretta, so I'm glad they shortened it! It's funny though, I actually do live onthe prairies! (Saskatchewan, Canada)

toofatforu: thanks for the definition.

I'm actually not on any program - I'm just trying to eat right and exercise more. I feel like like I've tried them all, but I can't stick to that 4 letter word - diet. I know that lifestyle changes are in order, and I know that usually the changes don't last. That's why I'm here.

If anyone else is like me (i'm guessing you all are!) we know what to do, it's just a matter of doing it, sticking with it, and hopefully enjoying ourselves along the way. For today, I resolve to eat enough protein, eat less simple carbs, moderate my fat intake, and go for a walk. I walked a bit yesterday. It hurt a little at first - knee and ankle cramps, but I went around the block - about 1/2 mile. I wasn't stressed out in a cardio way, but my back was twinging before I was done. So today, I will walk that block again. By the end of the week, I want to be able to walk the block twice.

I get discouraged. Who cares? Around the block.. big deal. Anyone can do that. Problem is, I haven't been doing it. So this is the start. I have a fitness goal of being able to walk the block 10 times (5 miles) in 1 hour by the end of March.

If anyone knows how to use those cute characters to keep track of this, I'd appreciate some pointers, since technologically speaking, I'm a little challenged.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #96  

laura i am just like you just trying to all the right things... and try to do a very basic WW type foods and exercise. it seems to be working for me pretty good but i do hit those old plateaus!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #97  
Vanessa

Went for another swimmy today. Managed to get one of my coworkers to come with me! It was great having company! will WI tomorrow to see if there's any progress. I've been terribly bloated this week, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's no good news... *sigh*
So glad to see that everyone's doing well.. will post longer another time!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #98  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Laura -- if that is your plan, then you do have a program! Nothing has to be set. I've been here for a little while and changed my eating habits a million times!

Ammi -- you just have a glow about you! but thanks I'm hoping some of the other girls will answer about the gym. Never really been to one to know if that's good or not! The dr that she will be seeing Friday, if he thinks that she needs it then they will pay for it. I'm just holding out and praying!! (anyone can join in this -- we need it!!!)

Amy -- very sorry to hear about your uncle.

So girls -- $35 for 4 months of two different gym rooms, instructor included, on campus between classes for two nights a week. Deal or what? I need some advice!!

Oh and BTW --I've got minutes to add!! Walked my bootay off today!! 45 minutes!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #99  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Just wanted to post a quick one, i will do a longer one tonight. thanks for letting me whine, and thanks for understanding i feel much better today. my team is still 4 out of 50, so all is good. anyway, thanks a lot
ERIKA: in reference to the gym question, YES that is a great deal! the cheapest gym around here is like 45 dollars a month. i would definetly check that out if your interested.
Welcome to all the new posters, you will love it here
See you all later!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default !

Good Afternoon my dears,

Well, another day op for me! I just got a wonderful, wonderful book. I saw it on the advertisments on this website and I ordered it. It is called "You On a Diet". I have never read any diet books more than the first or second chapter. I seriously couldn't put this one down. Now, I don't know if it is because my attitude is different or because I was very much enjoying it. I was laughing and highlighting things. Just wanted to mention it. One of the things it said they have found in a study is that if you eat 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning you tend to not get hungry as easily. Well, I tried it and I am just finished lunch. I didn't get hungry until after 12 p.m. closer to 1. I wasn't ravenous either. I was .... just hungry. So, I knew hunger was going to come and I decided to cook myself some boneless skinless chicken breasts for lunch and I love them so much I will have some for dinner. I ate four oz. and feel so satisfied. Any way. lol doing good today. My beautiful doggies are getting their monthly grooming as I write this. The grooming van comes once a month for us and they do such a wonderful job. My big babies come in all smelling good and fluffy and not shedding. lol. Tonight we change their bedding too. lol. They have sheets on their beds and every Thursday or Friday they are changed and washed. Not spoiled much. lol.

Zelma: So sorry that you are having a hard time with TOM. That stinks and is something I definately don't look forward to. I am glad that you are getting back to normal and you seem to be doing okay. Wel, as okay as you can be at this time of your life. Big to you. Glad you have such a doll of a hubby like I do. They truly are treasures from God.

Ammi: I learn sooooo much from you. I am so internet illiterate. lol Phishers and spammers. Okay, spammers I know but phishers are a new one for me. lol. I didn't wear my new jammies yet. I decided to use them as a REWARD for my weigh in on Saturday. Yes I said reward. I better have a loss dag nabit! lol. So, I am planning on a loss Saturday and decided to reward myself with brand new jammies!

Erika: I think that $35.00 is excellent for a gym membership like you described. I have to pay $48 for 12 times swimming. I had to pay $30 per month for Curves so, I think in my opinion it is great!

Jillybean: on your new baby niece! Wonderful news.

Patti: Woohoo. A loss is a loss. Way to go girl.

Lilion: I was cracking up at what you wrote to Catherine about the last bit of weight is the hardest to loose. I know it isn't funny but your analogy about company that comes and makes themselves comfortable really got me thinking. I hope my weight doesn't feel at home cause my last company that really stayed was my sister and her 4 kids and they wouldn't leave for 3 + years!!!! Hang in there. You need to do this to your weight. Get Out! and then slam the door in it's face!

Luminous: So sorry to hear about your Uncle. I have an idea for you. Like Lilion, grab a sword or pitchfork or whatever sharp tool you can get ahold of and stand your ground. Stand tall and tell that 20 pound monster see ya. Tell it that he/she/it doesn't even exist anymore because you have already defeated it. Yes, you have. You are now at a 21 pound loss so hasta la vista 20 pound monster hit the road cause you are not even real anymore!

LauraG: So glad to have you here. This is a wonderful place and I hope that you are able to make as many friends for life as I feel like I have. They are all so loving and encouraging. About your walking. I think that is wonderful. I myself just started to add walking to my exercise routine today as a matter of fact. I had these brand new videos that my sister sent me and I have never opened them. Well, today I opened the "Walk Away The Pounds" Video for 1 mile walking. I couldn't even hardly begin to do it. I was only able to do 5 minutes of it. I think they call that the Warm up. lol but, I did some of it. I will continue to do that same 5 minutes over and over again until I can do 6 minutes and so on. Just do what you can and push a bit more after your body is used to something for a while. You can do it. Again, so glad to have you here.

Nancy: Oh. Nintendo WI sounds like I would like it for a Reward too. What a great reward. I will put that on my list for maybe when I get to the 3's UGH! I'm glad that you had so much fun and it was a workout too. Wonderful. HOpe you are haning in there and that you are feeling better about your boyfriend and life in general!

Vanessa: Good for you swimming and turning your friend into a lunch time swim budy! Excellen. Just keep my friend.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #101  

Annie you gave me an idea! treadmill is too hard on my knee... maybe hubby will buy me a WII!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #102  

Patti - you are going to have to make sure you keep that ticker updated so you know exactly how much weight you have lost on the 2 lbs or whatever it actually was, it's brilliant that you are being rewarded for all that exercising through your pain

LOL I think you've got more chance of getting a Gazelle rather than the Wii You can certainly give it a try though

Nancy - that Nintendo sounds like a great reward for getting to 100 lbs lost. I bet my hubby would love if I made that my reward, only if I did, I'd not get a look in I know you don't use the remote control, but I think the things you do with the Nintendo Wii are very similar to some of the stuff you can do with the PS2 Eye Toy. I love playing on that, and they have this mini game called boot camp where you have to do the same actions as the guy on the screen. Daren and I had a go of it at Christmas, if I am brave I will post the pic of us playing it

Laura - OK so I was right at my third guess that your name has nothing to do with Little House on the Prairie That's cool that you live on prairies though, do you have any photos you could post on the picture page. I bet it's so pretty where you are? Or am I just fooled by what's on the TV show?

You certainly sound very motivated and have a great idea of how you are going to change your life for the better. I particularly love your plans for walking, and you are so right, what you struggle with now you will find gets easier and easier the more you do it.

Vanessa - great news about the swimming again today, and that you have encouraged somebody else from work to go with you!

with your WI tomorrow.

Erika Leigh - I really hope that when Amanda sees the doctor on Friday he will agree that she needs the surgery and that they will cover the cost

I see you have had some replies about the gym now, it seems it's unanimous that you really will have a bargain!

Kymberly - so glad you are having a better day today

Annie - I have seen that book advertised a lot, but I assumed it was going to be a diet plan to follow and as I love WW I didn't pay much attention to it. Is it all just great diet advice, or is their indeed a diet to follow?

Great idea to keep those new PJs for Saturday as your reward for losing weight, and I love that you are being so positive. I know you will lose weight, I just can't wait to hear just how much

I'll explain all about Phishers to you when I email, for now you just need to know they SUCK

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #103  

Ammi you are so right there lol
Old 01-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #104  

Patti - I thought I might be Have a great night, I am off to sleep now.

Take care all and I'll be back tomorrow

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 330/288/150

Height: 5 foot 7 inches

Erika~ The gym here is $36.00 monthly...sounds like you have a good deal! I would jump on it! Gym isn't in our budget right now...hopefully, by May or June though!

Ammi~ I was 291 last week when I weighed...but I haven't seen 280's for over 4 years! It is amazing what I get excited over! Every time I dieted I would hit about 290 and drop the diet...lol. I am pushing myself to be 284 by the 31...but we will see. Oh and cleaning...yeah, the girls are the messiest! They have jewlry, make up, CLOTHES, SHOES, books, and CD's every where. The hard part was the clothes...which I am bagged up to get out of their room and now am going through them...ugh!

Annie~ Thank you! I remember when I first started reading the posts on this thread and knew it would be good for me...you all are such an awesome supporters! Sometimes, I really need a or and you all know just when to give that to each other! I have seen that book...but didn't pick it up to read more...now I want to go to the book store and check it out!

Jill~ CONGRATS Auntie!! Hope baby and Mom are doing well! She weighed in pretty good, huh?!

Laura~

I know there are tons more of you I need to do personals for...just not enough time! I am a den leader for cub scouts for my son's den...every Thursday night...leaves me taping Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy but I love him! So....running off again...
Closed Thread