Old 07-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #76  

Spinach orange smoothie
Ingredients:
> 1 navel orange, peeled.
> 1/2 banana, peeled
>1 cup tightly packed spinach
>1/4 cup coconut water, adjusted as desired
> ice
Direction: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on a high to combine.
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #77  

Carrot cake smoothie
Ingredients:
> 1 large carrot, peeled
>8 walnut halves, preferably soaked overnight
> 1 tsp ground cinnamon
> 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
> 4 dates, chopped and pitted
> 120 ml almond milk or more
> 1tsp vanilla (optional)
Direction: Simply blend all the ingredients together.
qualityinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #78  

S/C/G: S.215, C.203, G.165

Height: 5'7"

Default Need a Salad dressing Recipe

Hello all!!!

I am on the South Beach Diet Phase 1. Typically, you are on Phase 1 for 2 weeks but can choose to stay on it for up to 4 weeks. I am giving it a go and am on day 1 of my third week... My biggest obstacle right now is salad dressing. I am sooooo burnt out on Balsamic Vinaigrette, any vinaigrette actually, olive oil and vinaigrette, etc... Does any one happen to have a creamy low carb, low sugar recipe? Nd when i mean low carb/sugar im talking 2g or less. I know its a stretch, just a thought. when not dieting i eat salads with the wonderful tasting homemade ranch or blue cheese. these are both a no for my diet.
I'm hurtin' pretty bad!!! I can not fathom eating another bite of Balsamic vinaigrette... and Cilantro tastes like soap.
RGreyBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #79  

Default Creamy "Ranch" Salad Dressing Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGreyBull View Post
Hello all!!!

I am on the South Beach Diet Phase 1. Typically, you are on Phase 1 for 2 weeks but can choose to stay on it for up to 4 weeks. I am giving it a go and am on day 1 of my third week... My biggest obstacle right now is salad dressing. I am sooooo burnt out on Balsamic Vinaigrette, any vinaigrette actually, olive oil and vinaigrette, etc... Does any one happen to have a creamy low carb, low sugar recipe? Nd when i mean low carb/sugar im talking 2g or less. I know its a stretch, just a thought. when not dieting i eat salads with the wonderful tasting homemade ranch or blue cheese. these are both a no for my diet.

I'm hurtin' pretty bad!!! I can not fathom eating another bite of Balsamic vinaigrette... and Cilantro tastes like soap.

I feel you on the salad dressing boredom! I have a Ninja blender (although you could probably do this in a regular blender as well) and essentially make a basic mayo recipe then add some ranch type seasonings. It is fairly low carb (just monitor how much seasoning you're adding because that's where the only carbs are in this recipe) and delish.

- 1 egg

- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (most recipes call for lemon juice, but I think vinegar works much better, especially for salad dressings)

- 1/2 tsp dry mustard

- 2/3 - 3/4 cup avocado oil (you can also use olive oil, but I find the taste too strong)

- 1 tsp onion powder

- 1 tsp dried parsley

- 1 clove of garlic micro-planed or very finely minced

- 1/2 tsp salt

- 1/2 tsp pepper

Throw the egg into the blender, add the vinegar, dry mustard and about 1/2 of the oil. Pulse for 10-20 seconds until it starts to thicken up. Add the remaining oil and pulse for another 10 - 30 seconds until it thickens into a nice creamy consistency. Add the rest of the seasonings and give it a whirl to incorporate everything. I always give it a taste at this point and adjust the salt and other seasonings if needed. I've only made this in the Ninja, but I would assume that if you're using a regular blender it will still work, but you may need a bit more time for this to blend properly (but not so long that the blender starts to get warm which will have negative effects on your dressing). If you find it is thicking up a bit, but you'd like it a bit thicker, add more oil and pulse for a few more seconds (sounds counterintuitive - but trust me it works!).

That recipe would be about 5 g carbs / 1.3 g sugar / .8 g fiber, but makes enough for a few servings so it should be within your carb range.

Once you have the base down, you can add things like hot sauce and make buffalo ranch or parmesan and Worcestershire and make a caesar-like dressing. It also makes a great dip for veggies, doesn't have crazy additives like store-bought dressing, and is actually really easy. A lot of basic mayo recipes make it really complicated and say you have to stream the oil and get the egg to room temp, but I've never had a batch fail or separate just dumping everything in the Ninja.

I hope you find something delicious to get you out of your food rut!
gardner177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #80  

Great posts! Thank you very much!
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #81  

More more recipes please!))
I wiil try all
Old 07-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #82  

Hi!!
I know a good light chicken recipe!)
Bone In Chicken Breast Recipe
And Delicious!))
Old 03-20-2024, 12:27 PM   #83  

Default Healthy protein pancakes

Hello !

Here my recipe for healthy protein pancakes:
- 30 g oatmeal
- 230 g cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of cinnamon

Mix everything with a blender and cook your pancakes in a pan and that's it !
I love to eat them with unsweetened peanut butter, sliced banana and red fruits.

Enjoy your breakfast !
SarahDS is offline   Reply With Quote