Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default **Kid Chat Week Of: 1/18**

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, it is such yucky weather here this morning. A mix of rain and snow. Thank goodness it has warmed up (31 degrees). Otherwise it would be very icy outside.

We have to give the dog a bath today. I hate bathing the dog. It gives me asthma and turns my bathroom into a disaster area. DH is supposed to do the actual bathing so we will see how it goes.

The fan worked a little bit. He slept in his crib for 2 hrs, up 1/2 hour screaming then 20 min to nurse to sleep, back in crib for 1 1/2 hour, nursed back to sleep and then in the crib for 2 hours. So, I would consider that partially successful.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:45 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All,

I'm soooo sick. Peter was up a lot last night, just coughing. Wish I could do something more for him, but I can't. I'm going to call the Dr. tomorrow though, and see if I can get him in. I'm not sure if I've got a sinus thing or a head cold. Probably sinus...

It's snowing like b*tch here. We've got a few inches. It dusted overnight, and was changing to something this AM, but then it started with the snow again. We were only supposed to get flurries I thought!!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #3  

hi all. It is snowing here also and it was not supposed to; so maybe there will not be any accumulation.

We saw 'Cold Mountain' yesterday. it was great.

Karen - sorry about your lack of sleep. ~ I had to laugh at your current break from your MIL - I guess I am kind of on a break from mine also.

Jackie - you can pop over here to clean out kitchen cabinets anytime . . .

Lauren - hope everyone gets better there.

Rabbit
**1 down, 24 to go
Old 01-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #4  

Happy Sunday to all........

Lauren: Sorry you are sick. Hope you get to feeling better.

Karen: Sure wish I could box up some sleep and send to you.

Rabbit: I have not seen that movie, but it looks like a good one.

As for me today, I worked for 4hrs this morning. Came home, did some more housework, went to our property and looked at the slab they poured last week trying to imagine where everything will go.

I walked 25 mins today!!!!! WooHoo. I am going to try and walk a lot this week, providing we have nice weather. It was so nice here today around 70 or so, sorry to all those who have snow.

Hope everyone is having a good stay. I am slowly getting back on track from the TOM last week.

Jackie
Old 01-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  

hello!

I lost 2 pounds this week. Woohoo!

Cold here today. Must get busy. My sister and niece are coming to visit today. They are from out of town and have the day off school. I guess we are going shopping.

DH has to go to Virginia over the weekend so I am going along and will visit with ds!

Rabbit
**3 down, 22 to go!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #6  

Hi guys,

I am hanging my head in shame. I have put back on all the wt I lost while I was preggers and then some. I'm such a dummy. Rabbit--I am joining the challenge. I have been doing OK today, just have to get in the exercise. Baby is napping but as soon as he wakes up (and is happy about it), we'll go down and walk.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #7  

Not a whole lot going on here today. My boss let us off @12PM due to MLK day. We were all surprised, but happy. I have had a bad sinus headache yesterday and today. Wanted to walk but so windy outside that I did not think it would be a good idea with the headache. Instead DH is showing me some things I can do on the total gym he has. I will let you all know how that was.

Rabbit: Congrats on your loss. You are doing great!!!!! Have fun on your trip to VA.

Lauren: How are you feeling?

Karen: Hope you guys get to walk today

RR: Hello and hope you are doing okay.

Well I need to go, DH is offering to make chicken stir fry for dinner if I help him cut the veg's up.

Jackie
Old 01-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #8  

Well, after thinking about my last post, I decided to get my lazy sinus headache up and do something. So I put on DS bogin, his nice heavy jacket and got on my bike and road thru the neighborhood for about 15 minutes. I also did about 10 mins on the total gym. (that was my first time) Needless to say, my headache has let up. I am doing no soda, lots of water, exercise, now if I could just lay off the chocolate. That is my next thing to work on, cut out as much sugar as I can.

I just had to tell someone and could not wait til later tonite.

Jackie
Old 01-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, this is the third time I'm trying to post this!! :angry: :zipped: Peter has an ear infection and upper respiratory infection. He's on Amoxil twice a day for the ears and nebulizer treatments every 4-6 hrs. around the clock for the URI. Did the first treatment in the office, he flipped out. Like I was killing him!! Not going to be a fun couple of days.

I dug out some Entex from last year's sinus infection and am taking that. I'm not infected yet, because everything's coming out clear/cloudy, not green or yellow, but I have some ZPak if it starts. He's acting fine...just a little whiney. I, on the other hand, am miserable.

I'll try and respond tomorrow, if I have more energy.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:47 PM   #10  

Lauren: Hang in there and get better!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:19 PM   #11  

Hi Guys,

We walked for 1/2 hr on the treadmill tonight. I took Alex in his backpack so it was like an extra 30#. Whew, was I tired. Then DH took him. The boy was looking decidedly tired. I tried to nurse him to sleep and the booger bit me three times. I removed the boob! I made him go to sleep with just the pacifier. Little turkey. I did better on my eating today. I think one of the reasons I've been so bad is because I felt so deprived while preggers 'cause of the GD. I'm taking things slow and cutting down then I'll start counting points again. I think the challenge will help me. I need to feel responsible to someone. I'm even cutting DH down. He looked at his dinner with sad puppy dog eyes tonight!! We had 3 pierogies (serving size on the bag, we usually have 5 or 6.) 2 1/3 oz smoked sausage, sauteed onions and broccoli. DH has to find more veggies he likes. He's getting tired of broccoli, salad and green beans. Those, artichokes, corn and potatoes are it for him.

Jackie: Yeah on the exercise especially since you didn't feel well. It's hard when you don't feel good.

Lauren: Oh man, I hope you guys are feeling better soon!! Yikes on the breathing treatments. Poor little guy.

RR: Hope all is well.

Rabbit: So cool on the three pounds! You go girl. I bet you are excited to see DS. Hope you have a good visit.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:34 AM   #12  

Hi All!!!
It will take a while for me to catch on to you guys.

I am on southbeach and lost 7.5lbs in the first 2 weeks started on phase 2 and gained a lb.
LBH- I am also down w/ a cold turning to sinus again.. thepressure in my head is the worst- and having a cold you feel like non stop eating!! and I would love to lay around all day but with 2 kids it is nonstop going.

I am going to try to get my butt up today and do my treadmil even if it is 15 minutes it is something.

well guys have a good day and I hope we are all feeling better soon..
Old 01-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #13  

hi all.

Things are going well here. I have been really hungry though, I guess pms is striking.

Karen - hooray for the exercise and welcome to the challenge.!

Jackie - yeah for the biking and the total gym!

April - welcome! So phase 1 only last 2 weeks? How long is phase 2? And how does it change?

have a good one -

Rabbit
**3 down, 22 to go
Old 01-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #14  

phase 2 you introduce carbs back in and for me that made me gain a lb- so I have again elimanted the carbs- well the oatbran bread and I am having a SF FF yogurt by blue bunny-- the black forest crubs my cravings for choclate. it is really good

That hungry feeling will pass - or get easier---

hang in there!!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #15  

Hey guys. I have to get the oil changed in car this afternoon and then go back to work. It will be late when I post.

Don't have time to respond to everyone. I am going to try and fit in a walk this afternoon. I will let you know how I did. Also did pretty good on eating so far today.

Jackie
Closed Thread