Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 206/t/150

Height: 5ft2

Weighed in at 189.8 this morning...so excited to finally be out of the 190s....
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome AriesNV and qtee!

I'm still at 186, but I think I'm losing again.

This might be TMI, but does anyone else weigh in first thing in the morning after making a trip to the bathroom? Lately, the iron in my multivitamin has been making me constipated. I could not get a good weigh in this weekend, it has been so frustrating!!! I'm only aiming for a pound a week, so seeing the scale go up 3 isn't even possible. I might splurge by a couple hundred calories over the weekend, but I'm not eating enough to gain pounds of fat back. Some of it is water weight for sure, because that always happens with salty foods, but I just want to be regular again, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

I been in the 180s for a week now. I think I'm solidly here. I weighed in at 185.3 today. I'll have to stay at this weight 2 more times before I change my signature. I'm here but it still doesn't really feel like I'm here yet. I remember just wanting to reach Onederland for the first time in 6 years. Now I'm in the 180s and I'm still thinking that I haven't really done anything. Why isn't this weight loss of nearly 50lbs making me ecstatically happy?!

@gretel - I too am a daily weigher. Keeps me on track for the most part so I know what works and what doesn't. And of course I weigh myself AFTER my trip to the bathroom.

@Ross111104 - I know what you mean about the running. I started attempting to run last Fall. It was beyond difficult for me and I kept getting side cramps. But I kept at it and I achieved my longest distance of 4.25 miles. I was totally sweaty and disgusting afterwards, but I did it. I generally just run the 3.1 miles (5k) on the treadmill when I do decide to run. But boy does it take a lot out of me. I'm still not a "runner" per se. But you can train yourself to do anything so long as you want it badly enough.

@qtee - Congrats! Welcome to the 180s! Did you play the Rocky Theme? I know I did.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

welcome aries! I promise you c25k is the way to go- I am doing c210 k and I love it.

Hi qtee! Welcome and let's get going!

I'm the same way Learning 2 live- I like to "make sure" I'm at that weight before I recognize it LOL

Gretel: YES! I so do this - first thing, after pottying!

I did have my first "bad run" yesterday. I just mentally wasn't in it and we got some bad work news so it put me in a terrible funk. My side was spilting and my knees hurt. It's the first run I just couldn't finish. Tomorrow is a new day though and I have to push through. I ALMOST feel myself losing my momentum and losing the motivation, which I just can't do- I can't lose it because I need to reach this weight by September.
I'm just so tired of pushing back deadlines and letting year after year go by, not really doing anything about it. I'm sick of starting over and not even getting close to my goal weight.
***can you tell I'm freaking a little bit??!!!

Thanks for listening to my little rant ladies... I'm just so sick of it, I could cry and cry. but that doesn't really get me anywhere, but still fat and out of kleenex!

Last edited by angiemama; 03-13-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #455  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretel View Post
Welcome AriesNV and qtee!

I'm still at 186, but I think I'm losing again.

This might be TMI, but does anyone else weigh in first thing in the morning after making a trip to the bathroom? Lately, the iron in my multivitamin has been making me constipated. I could not get a good weigh in this weekend, it has been so frustrating!!! I'm only aiming for a pound a week, so seeing the scale go up 3 isn't even possible. I might splurge by a couple hundred calories over the weekend, but I'm not eating enough to gain pounds of fat back. Some of it is water weight for sure, because that always happens with salty foods, but I just want to be regular again, if you know what I mean.
I actually go downstairs, drink some coffee, use the bathroom and when it's time to go back upstairs to start getting ready for work, I'll weigh myself. I weigh myself multiple times a day sometimes...just out of curiousity...after sex (TMI sorry), after bathroom...etc. It's just a laugh when you see how many ounces or whatever you lost from doing certain activities.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #456  
Results>Reasons

Thanks Angie!

I really do want to just be able to go for a run....it looks fun, refreshing and scary at the same time...but like I said, I envy everyone doing it! I'm definitely going to keep trying.

Weighed in this morning. 183.2!!! Come on ladies, let's go into the 170s together!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #457  

way to go aries! 183- woop woop! awesome

I weighed in at 181 this morning- YAYAYAY! Finally some progress- I've been at 182 for two weeks now so I'm thrilled to see the movement.

I got back to the running yesterday- 2.40 miles in 25 minutes- so I'm pretty thrilled that I'm getting farther and farther along. At my physical best five years ago the longest I remember running is 23 minutes - I've never been longer than that, so 25 is a pretty huge accomplishment for me.

I'm training for a half in August and every time I run, I feel more and more like I can actually do it- like I'll really be running it!

Where is everyone else? Don't lose out ladies!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #458  
Results>Reasons

WooHoo Angie! I'm still at 183...I hopped back up to 184 the next day and then managed to get back down (obviously weight of food/water/etc/etc/)

I can't imagine running 5 minutes straight, so 25 minutes IS like running a marathon, in my opinion! haha so good for you!

You're so close! Next week you'll probably be joining the 170s crew!

Keep up the great work!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Hoping I'm still in the 180s

Hi ladies! It's been a while, but here I am with another weekly plan As you can see by my post title, I really hope I'm still in the 180s. Currently, I'm too afraid to step on the scale. I know I've gone back up a little bit, but I'm going to get through this week before I step on that thing, haha.

Anyways, I finally feel like I know what I'm doing at my new job to be able to step away for a few minutes for a snack. The good thing is that I'm back to bringing my yogurt and cottage cheese snacks to give me some calories before lunch. The bigger meals were making me sick to my stomach (too much food at once) and making me binge at night. [This is interesting. My theory is that my body thought I was binge eating with the larger meals, so that I continued the 'binge' when I got home.] But, I was being patient with myself - yay me! - and here I am with another weekly plan.

Food
Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (150 cals) or homemade breakfast burrito (300 cals)
Coffee: 1 travel size mug w 1/2% milk (150-200 cals)
Snack: 1/2 cup yogurt with 1 tsp honey (130 cals)
Lunch: 1/2 turkey and munster sandwich on WW bread (250 cals) + small salad w olive oil basalmic dressing (200 cals)
Drive home snack [may sound crazy, but it prevents me from binge eating the second I get home, lol]: carrot sticks (60-70 cals?)
Dinner: Tofu & veggie stir fry with noodles or fish and veggies (always my downfall, not even going to approximate calories until I'm being honest with myself, lol)

I have an exercise plan, but I'm going to take it day by day. That's all for now. Wish me luck! THis adjustment is getting frustrating and I just want to feel normal in terms of my fitness goals once again.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Last edited by coffeeshopgirl; 03-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #460  

Thanks Aries! I get that water weight, sodium gain all the time. I start to get upset sometimes then I remember that higher number is still lower than I was a month ago and it usually helps

Hey coffee! I was wondering what happened to you! Sometimes it's better for me to just bite the bullet and step on the scale, but all in your own time! I find it's usually better than I'm dreading so I hope it's the same for you!

I ran again today. I feel like I'm getting better and better at that- I really just need to incorporate more cardio since 35 mins three days a week is definitely not enough
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #461  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Started running again this morning and it felt great to be back out there. I got a knee brace so I'm hoping that will help with some of this knee pain that I've been having. I also have gotten serious about my food again. I had been slacking off on measuring and then acted shocked that I stopped losing weight. I kept calling it a plateau but it reality my calories were much higher and I was eating like someone in maintenance so mystery solved.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #462  

HAHA! Chickieboom- I do that ALL the time.... it's funny to me because I'll walk around being like... oh this plateau is so rough and I just can't bust through... yeah I'm sure it had nothing to do with the ben&jerry's I had the night before.
It's interesting how our minds can trick us.
Good luck on the run with the brace! It's a fear of mine to injure a leg part and not be able to continue... scary to think.

I really need to make it to the gym today- no excuses! I ran yesterday, but I need to up my cardio big time. I hate the elliptical at my gym (I usually love it, but the the one they have is crappy and very cheap). I don't feel like I can really get in a motion on it, but it's better than sitting on my butt watching dvr! LOL

Happy Monday Ladies!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

Ok coffee your plans are the best! I live just reading them and wishing I could be like you!

The plateau wording is so funny! Exactly. I am on a "plateau" too! Has nothing to do with I have completely fallen off the wagon with my calorie counting and no eating after 7. Ha ha. Plateau my butt. But don't tell anybody! Lol!! Just sad. Smh
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! So, I'm old, tired, fat, and sore. That being said, lol, I did my work out today right after working a 10 hour day. Yay me!

As far as dinner, we made a tofu stir fry with noodles. If I had to approximate the calories, I'd say dinner was about 600 calories. I'm craving chocolate like crazy though, thanks to TOM.

Overall, I'm happy that I did my workout today. It shows that I'm getting used to the new job and that I am gaining my energy back. Proud of myself, even if I grab half a chocolate protein bar

Happy Monday all!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #465  

LOL Ross- you're too funny- that's so what I go through sometimes.

Coffee- WAY TO GO! Awesome job on working out after a LONG day at work. That's the toughest to go on after and you just want to go home so good for you!

I did the elliptical today for 30, which I'm proud of, then weights and squats, lunges, crunches, etc at home
Closed Thread