Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #16  
Reads the scale too much!

S/C/G: 182/182/160

Height: 5'8"

I have learned that Insanity is actually 63 days (9 weeks) long, not 60 as advertised. Since I just finished day 3...I now have 60 days left.
memorysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
I for one am anti drug. I think our society pushes drugs when they are not necessary, of course sometimes it is necessary, but often it's not.
I'm not trying to argue with you, but I believe advances in medicine is why people live longer today than they did many years ago. I'm not saying they are all good (and nobody actually needs weight loss pills to lose weight...it can be done without them...I'm just looking for that extra push).

***If you are easily grossed out, don't read the next part***

I have noticed, looking in the toilet after I do #2, that there is an oily substance floating on the top of the water. That is the fat that my body is not absorbing due to me taking Alli. (sometimes there is a lot of it...which makes me think that if Alli only stops 1/4 (which is what the reviews say) of the fat from the food you eat from being absorbed then I am eating WAY too much fat...this has me thinking about what I am eating as well.).

***Gross part over with***

Of course you could get the same effect from eating 1/4 less fat but, like I said, I'm looking for that extra push to help me lose weight. I am guilty of not watching what I eat as well as others on this forum do (although, I'm doing much better than I was before I decided to lose weight)...so every little bit helps.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #18  

Just finished day 4. Cardio Recovery...easy day. It was mainly stretches. The only times I had to stop was when he had me holding a position for a long time...gotta build them legs up to be able to hold it for that long.

The first month is supposed to be hard, but it's supposed to build you up for month two, which is supposed to be the real hard stuff. I don't get discouraged if I have to stop for a few seconds during an exercise this week because I see it as building myself up and I'm sure I'll be able to do better later.

Digging deep and doing the best I can!

Today was no cardio...tomorrow is called Pure Cardio...I'm sure I'll be hurting after that one!

Last edited by memorysan; 05-13-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #19  

I need one more post to be able to post a pic...so the next post will be my "before" pic, so you can see where I started.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #20  

Here it is:

Last edited by memorysan; 05-13-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Techincal dificulties with the picture...got it figured out now.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #21  

Well, I didn't do my workout last night (went out drinking), but Sunday is supposed to be an off day. I'll just move yesterday's workout to today, today's to Sunday and be back on track by Monday (making yesterday my day off instead of Sunday).

Last edited by memorysan; 05-14-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #22  

Well, I did Pure Cardio today...WOW is all I can say! It was pretty intense with NO BREAKS!! Well, there were a couple of breaks during the warm up/stretch part, but NONE during the workout which is the hard part.

Needless to say, I had to stop several times...but so did the hardbodies in the video...and they took longer breaks. I just stopped for 3 or 4 seconds each time and jumped right back in.

Before the workout part of it started, Shon T., himself, said he was nervous about this one.

That was supposed to be Day 5, but I'm really 6 days into it because I moved tomorrow's break to yesterday...I'll just say I'm done with the first week after tomorrow's workout and I'll be back on track.

Last edited by memorysan; 05-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #23  

I really should have taken a side shot for that before picture, because my stomach sticking WAY out is what I'm most worried about and you can't even see it that much in the front shot.

I would love to turn my keg into a six pack!! I know that will take a long time and a lot of work...right now I don't see myself ever having one.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #24  

I survived one week of INSANITY!!! Only 8 left!

Since I have been through all of the routines for the first month now (they repeat for the rest of the month), and since I'm the only one posting on here, I will slow down on the posting. The next one will probably be after the next fit test to post how I did.

I will say that I have added a recovery formula (drinking the first one now) to my diet, right after the workout. I didn't go with the Beachbody one though, I'm using Optimum Nutrition (ON) 2:1:1 Recovery. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm still taking Alli with every meal and a multivitamin and calcium/Vitamin D pill before I go to bed (I had a stress fracture a week before I started Insanity and Insanity is high impact...the extra Calcium and Vitamin D are for my bones.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Wow!!! Good for you!!! 1 week complete! I really enjoy reading your posts too because I'm trying to psych myself up to do insanity (as well as spend the $120 on it - ouch!) because I think it will definitely whip me into shape much more quickly than other workouts will.

Congratulations on your progress you are doing great!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 AM   #26  

Thanks! It's nice to know that I'm not talking to myself in here...hehe!

I'm not going to post every day from now on...I'll post highlights.

I'll post more often when I start the second month because the workouts will change.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #27  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Great job! Keep it up I'm anxious to see if the infomercials are true. It looks so intense!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #28  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Yes, definitely keep it up. I just found your post today but I'll be watching....that sounded eerie, hehe.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #29  

I was COMPLETELY drained yesterday. I don't know if it was the recovery drink (seems like it could be because the day before was the first day I tried it) or if my muscles would have been that tired by this point anyway.

I had a hard time staying awake at work, and I slept most of the day away after work.

It's weird because the recovery drink is supposed to make you recover from a work out FASTER! Now, I don't know if I should just not try the energy drink any more or stick it out thinking that my body just wasn't used to it yet.

Anyway, I didn't work out last night because I didn't have ANY energy. I know it's bad, but I felt like I would have been lazy during the workout anyway because I didn't have much to put into it.

I feel a little better today, so I guess yesterday will have to be my day off for this week.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #30  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Good for you for fnishing the first week of Insanity! I've never heard of it, but it sure sounds hard. I've noticed that when I work out, I need more sleep, especially after weights. If I do weights on Monday, I don't need more sleep Sunday night, but if I don't get enough sleep Monday night, I'm very drained on Tuesday.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote