Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #46  
Reads the scale too much!

S/C/G: 182/182/160

Height: 5'8"

I had to weight less than 186, and I weighed 182!! I passed!!

Now that that is behind me, I am losing weight for myself...not for the weigh in.

I told myself that once I made weight I would quit smoking as well. I waited until I made weight because I didn't want to gain wait from quitting smoking and not pass. I went 8 hours yesterday without a cigarette while I was at work, but I smoked 4 at home. It's now been 9 hours since my last one yesterday.
memorysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #47  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Losing weight AND quitting smoking.... you're cleaning up your act aren't you!

I quit smoking about 2 years ago. Its been a tremendous life change. I know that there are people that quit and lose at the same time. You can be one of them!

I, personally, gained 30 pounds because I replaced my smoking with eating. Now, two years later, I am working on the weight.

Good Luck! You're doing awesome!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 217/180/135

Height: 5'3''

Smile New Fat Chick!

I'm new here, so hi everyone! I guess I'll start with: 5'3'', use to be 217, now I'm 180. Lost weight gradually doing zumba, and changing my diet. But now I'm stuck. I havent been 180 since high school, which is a plus but at the same time, sounds pretty bad. I know that one of my problems is that I get bored pretty easy, and I dont have much of a support group around me. I've taken alot of criticism from family members, so thats always a set back for me. But I just recently started to ignore them all. And I also purchased the Insanity workout. Should get it sometime this week.

If anyone has started insanity, please let me know what you think of it. And any info that you think would help me, is greatly appreciated!
Bella21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #49  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Good for you memorysan!!!!! Hope you're still getting better at the workouts. Waiting for the next update & pic....
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #50  

Hey, I'm back! Don't worry I didn't forget about this thread.

My recovery week ended up being more of a "recovery" than it was supposed to be. I took the week off except for a couple of easy (not Insanity) workouts. I paid for it though!

I did the fit test on Monday and all my measurements were exactly the same as 3 weeks ago...I got a picture, but I haven't compared it yet. I bet that won't make me very happy either.

I was supposed to do 2 workouts (fit test and another) Monday, but I played basketball pretty hard during lunch and was pretty sick, so I didn't have the energy to do the second. I guess I'll have to make the basketball a substitute because I did get two workouts in...just not 2 Insanity workouts. I took yesterday off because I was still sick, so that will be my day off for the week.

...which makes the workout I did today the first Insanity workout I have done for month 2. It kicked my @$$!!! I am so drained of energy now I am having a hard time mustering up the energy to type this!

I learned my lesson! I should have done the recovery workouts to maintain my fit level during the recovery week because I had to stop MANY times today and I was going pretty slow as it was. I don't know if I am still a little sick and that is making it worse, or if it is just because I didn't work out enough last week, but today was HARD!

I'll try to get the comparison pictures up tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be embarrassing. If it is, that will be more motivation to make my next picture look much better than this one!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #51  

Oh yea, and the quitting smoking thing didn't happen either...I'm still a smoker.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Just found this thread and just read thru it. You are doing great! I look forward to watching your progress.

I have the insanity videos, and have attempted to start the program a couple times, but have never committed to it. In July, I will be starting the series with a group of people. Although, we are only going to meet up 3 times a week - and change up the program into a 18 week program instead of 9.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote