Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #91  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

RunningToSmile - I'm SO proud of your running!! Are you able to get outside to do it? I'm in Nebraska, and we have been fortunate to have nice weather lately. Thursday I had to run on the treadmill and it was *torture*.

Wifey - thanks, girl!

McMommy - A BIG Congras on being 15lbs down! I'll bet you can tell a huge difference in your clothing!

kcchubbygirl - Walking IS spectacular!! Any movement is good movement! There are tons of people who make walking their sport and have fabulous results from it. Sexy legs and rear, here you come!

Caro - I hope you have fun in Miami! I lived near Panama City for a year or so in 2000. I had a small apt on the beach and drove a little truck all over checking cleaning jobs in the resort properties. Ahh...my life before we had tons of kids!

Squeak - I'm sorry you had a hard week. My sister and I don't see eye to eye most times either. I pray you both can find some peace.

Today is going to be warm and muggy here - already! I think we had about a month of spring and now it will be blazing hot til October. Boo.

Our son is off on a Youth trip to a ball game and the zoo all day. DH works Saturdays - so I thought I would take the girls and the baby to do a little shopping and have lunch. The kids have a couple of pairs of shorts, but obviously they will need a few more.

Other than that - I'm not doing a whole lot today. Maybe get some weeds out of the garden plot...fold some laundry...take a nap!

Have a GREAT Saturday all!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I came to a sad realization over the weekend. What I've been doing is that I upped my calories a bit and starting running. But the sad truth is that my joints are NOT liking the pounding they are taking with the running. Pain or not, I've kept at it, stuck to my cals. But I just cannot keep doing that to my knee's and hip's. I was in so much pain just walking this weekend. And having to force myself to eat the 1400-1600cals was just too much too! It actually caused me to gain about 4lbs!

So, I've decided to go back to what works for me. 1200-1400 cals(which I can do easily and comfortably) and Ms. Michaels dvd's. I'm starting 30 Day Shredd tonight. Gonna do this non stop, 30 days each level with a 4 day split of weight training after since each level is only 20min. The other 3 days I'll get in some extra cardio, BL Cardio Max, Cardio Kickboxing, Yoga Meltdown or just walking or rollerblading.

I'll post my weightloss at the end of each 10days! Hopefully this will get me close to my goal!

While I'll miss running, I'm excited about this!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 05-24-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #93  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey pixie, I did have fun in Miami. Thanks for the good wishes. I have a friend in Panama City. She loves it there. She's always sending me pictures of her weekend trips to these beautiful beaches. I'm so jealous!

Jenn, sounds like a great plan! I did a BL dvd with my sister on Friday and I was so sore this weekend. It was low impact but it makes you sweat! I can't wait to hear your results!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #94  
Less than 15 now!!

Jen - I'm sorry you have been struggling. I think that concentrating on decreasing your body fat % and building muscle is a fabulous idea. Running IS hard on joints! That's why there are so many ways to move your body - because there are so many different types of body.

Well, I stepped on our new fancy-dancy scale this morning that does our muscle, fat, bmi and all that and it said 179.2. I don't normally "listen" to that scale for my weight, but use it once a week to track my other numbers. I got on my scale in the bathroom and got 180.8 - I decided to take that number instead. Though I would've liked the other one better, I need to stick to using only one scale for consistency sake. Maybe next week into the 170's.

Just went out and weeded the garden plot. It's 86 and humid - phew - thank the Lord for a/c! I turned up the ceiling fan and got "snowed" on...ew...well, that's one way to clean the blades.

Taking the girls for bang trims tonight. They both said they wanted short hair like Momma's when I came home 2wks ago with my new cut. We'll see if they change their minds! My 8yo's BFF has long hair, so not sure she will want to get hers all cut off.

Not much else going on here. I ran yesterday morning - 5 miles! That's the furthest I've gone since getting back on track. It took me 1:13, but that's okay. I took my time and just didn't want to have to walk any. I have a heart rate monitor and try to keep my HR at 150 or below. I was pushing 155 that whole last mile, but it was about 75 degrees and 85% humidity - yuck! Anyway - go me...chubby didn't hafta walk any!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #95  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Wow, Pixie! WTG on the 5 continuous miles! Thats AWESOME!

Sorry, I have been sort of MIA lately--but warm weather means horses and I have five that need exercising. The good news is: that means I get exercising too! Not terribly strenous work just yet, but its better than sitting on the couch, right?

Hope that everyone has done what they need to do for May...cause this baby is almost OUTTA HERE. I joined the biggest loser challenge...but didn't really challeng myself. I feel kind of bad about that. I am thinking I am going to do some sort of Summer challenge. And REALLY push the bar higher. Things have evened out at work. House is coming along. The truth is, I will NEVER have 'the time' to get serious unless I make it.

I have seen my all time low in this month. I only had it for a minute...but I HAD IT. And now, I am going to reclaim it.

parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #96  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Still lurking...
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #97  

Hey peeps!

When does life stop being so crazy and just be normal? haha I don't even know what normal is.

I have bad news and good news. Bad news first. With all the stress, sickness and crap eating I am back up to 203.6. BUT that's totally ok, because that's life and i just need to reset myself and keep going.

Good news... FINALLY my FIL is ready to move away from my Monster n law. We ended up moving him into goverment housing but he only has to pay for electricity and $ 100 a month. FANTASTIC!! Plus he will be closer to us, very close to his brothers and sisters. Right now he gets no visitors because no one wants to deal with the ole MIL, once he moves he will have visitors most likely, every day.

My hubby and I have also finally decided on what kind of shelter to build for the mares. I am so excited that I get to bring them home and not have to board them some place else. It will be so much easier and they will have so much more contact with us. Right now we have to drive over to the barn, it's close but still... it's not home.

One more bit of good news. Next week is V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N !! Woot woot... And I get to meet one of my very best friends. We met online years ago and talk every week, sometimes several times a week. She used to live in Philly but moved to SC 2 years ago. I can't wait to finally meet her AND to stick my toes in some nice warm sand and take a stroll down the beach.

Have a good day everyone!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #98  

While I was cutting workouts out of magazines a bit ago, I came across one that was labled for a "vacation workout" with strength bands in Muscle and Fitness Hers. They looked really interesting. So I wondered where they got the bands from. Turns out that they are selling them. For Her(up to 100lbs resistance) and Him(up to 388lbs of resistance). This may be the last piece of my home gym! With the door anchor, I can simulate ANY exercise that uses the machines at the gym!

Check them out...http://www.strengthbands.com/ I may have to invest in these!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #99  
Counting away!

Very cool, Jenn!! I never thought to do a lunge with a resistance band... I bet that builds some sweet muscle in the thighs. I am going to ponder this.

And squeak, it makes all the difference in the world when you switch to a backyard situation with your horses. I LOVE being able to walk out anytime and visit with my herd. Although I do miss the social aspects of boarding. I often find myself riding alone. I miss working with other people.

And for me: I JUST got my permanent crown on the first rootcanal I had done. OMG. OUCHIE OUCHIE! Lots of shots. Lots of pain. But its pretty and the color match is phenomenal! So I guess thats whats important. Is that the tooth was saved. I have one more to do... then three fillings and hopefully the tooth drama will be over! (PLEASE GOD let it be over!)
Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #100  
Less than 15 now!!

MelO - love ya, Lurker!

parkedout - tooth drama....arg! SO SORRY for you!! I have a cracked molar that I need something done with...but we put full braces on our 11yo and DH had 12 extractions and upper dentures - both this year! Think I will just chew on the other side...

Jenn - I'm totally checking out the bands as well. DH and I have most of what we need in the basement as well and this might just fill those gaps. I love being able to workout at home (makes no room for the "I have kids" excuse!). Thanks for sharing that link!

Squeak - Life never stops being crazy. It's alway something. I'm sorry you've had a string of things lately. It does make it difficult to make yourself a priority.

This morning I think I overdid it. I wanted so badly to complete my morning run in under 40:00, that I stopped paying attention to my HR Monitor and just went all out. I made it - in 39:27 - but have been SO run down today I wonder if it's worth it.

I did weed the garden yesterday during nap time, so I'm thinking I might lay on the couch while the Little Ones sleep. My big ones are at an end of year party with our Home School Association, so it might accidentally be quiet around here!

Swim Lessons tonight for the Big kids, then check ups for the Little's in the morning. Susan's 3yo and Cameron's 1yo check ups. **cry** they are getting so big! Seems like just yesterday that Susan was born.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Well well ladies I am back in force
Haven't been sick for a while, that's the good news (touches wood)

I really want to improve my health and one of my good motivation is that me and my sister are going to a concert in august to see our favorite band of all time and we treated ourselves with VIP passes... wich means we will meet them

That also means I don't want them to see me fat, sweaty and ugly as I am right now, oh nooooes.

MOTIVATION MOTIVATION hehehe
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #102  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Ladies, this morning I am walking on sunshine! I got a whoosh this morning, my workout yesterday felt great, and I have memorial day weekend to look forward to.

Happy!!!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #103  
Counting away!

mortonpixie Thanks! At least its not hurting today... and it sure is pretty! I am thinking of getting my son some swimming lessons. We don't have a pool--so I can't teach him myself.

willa What band are you going to see? And its nice to see you!

Melo Come out and play! I miss your posts!

ReboundCongrats on the whoosh!

I watched Biggest Loser last night with a sundae from McDonalds and a cheeseburger. Stayed up until 11:00 pm and have a mild sunburn from horseback riding yesterday.

But I MADE myself do at least a mile this morning. If I can't take a big bite out of my day, I can take little bites. One more mile will be two. Add in an hour of riding and lifting that 45 lb saddle to face level a couple of times and I am not exactly inactive for the day.

I need to stay focused. Does anyone else find the changing of the seasons causes a small crimp in their schedule? Things have to be done at different times. More sunlight means more outside time. Less planning time.

I'm not complaining, but EESH!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #104  

To my fellow Criminal Minds Fans:

Do you ever wonder what exactly is going on between Garcia and Morgan? Some episodes I think "Awww they're just really close friends. Almost sibling like" then there are those episodes where I think "Dang it Morgan, will you kiss her already!" or "will you two just confess you're into each other already".
Old 05-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #105  
Because I Can

Jenn, she can't have him. First of, he's my back-up plan. Second, she's gay and her girlfriend prob wouldn't like it.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote