3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30-somethings May chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/200793-30-somethings-may-chat.html)

MisfitRycher 05-01-2010 01:53 PM

30-somethings May chat

Here we go with another month...

And I have good news!

I'm down another .4 of a pound since I got that infernal scale! I weighed in this morning and saw "221.2" on the readout! :carrot: So I have officially lost 1.2 pounds in the last month and a half. Once I get a workout regimen going I can only lose more!

Here's to a good month! :D

Mollz 05-01-2010 10:22 PM

Rycher: Awesome job! Keep it up and the pounds will melt off. Have a :hug: :D I finally got my scale to move this week, going to be just about a pound by Monday (US time, rather than Monday my time).

I'm taking a quick break from my paper that's due to catch up on the forums. I just got my mythology paper back, got an A-, so very happy with that. Take that Dionysos! :D

I need to get my life organised, so I think next Saturday after class (or this week if I've got a little time off), I'm going to get an organisation board, one with a whiteboard on one side and a corkboard on the other. I'm also going to grab a smaller corkboard and put all my wishlist stuff on it (a wish board).

Need to get back to it. Talk to you ladies and gents later... after this paper is done. ;)

lauralyn 05-02-2010 08:47 AM

MisfitRycher~ Great job, keep up the good work!

Mollz~ An A, thats AWESOME!!

Today I jumped on the scale this morning and saw 150.0 YEAH!!!

Off to have coffee with my husband and start our day, have a great one everyone!

nassmom 05-02-2010 09:48 AM

Hi all!! I have REALLY fallen off the wagon this past month and a half or so. I am not weighing again until tomorrow, but I know that I have gained. :( I REALLY DO intend to get back into the healthier lifestyle that helped me to lose 16 pounds in Jan and Feb (even though I gained back almost half of it now, I am sure) . I just got a bike and have already been riding it a lot. It is fun to ride with my son and hubby. I am about to go and post on the new facebook page. So I will be seeing you all there too!!!

Thanks for being here for support!!! I will update my ticker tomorrow. I just can't weigh today. :o

parkedout 05-02-2010 01:52 PM

Good afternoon girls!!

Its May already. :o I have been studying some techniques for coping with my food lust....er.... realtionships!:D Getting my head in the right place to make this a permanent change has been more work than I anticipated. It will all be worth it...but right now its more work than pay-off.

I hope everyone has kicked off the month with an awesome day! For me its been full of accessing April and making goals for this month. I love plotting!!:D

sarahtmomof3 05-02-2010 09:38 PM

Hello Ladies it sounds like most of you are off to a great start. I keep meaning to join in the chat thread but its so hard to keep up with!!!

Nassmom, you can do this. The thing that I keep telling myself is keep on keepin on! If you have a bad day, it doesn't have to ruin your month. Let that day go and pick up where you left off. I know I'm off track if I start avoiding the scale and I force myself to get back on it. That really motivates me.

I'm excited for a new month, I'm hoping to get into the low 150's by the end of this month. Its my "time of the month" and I've been consistently 159 every morning for the last 4 or 5 days so I have my fingers crossed that I will see that number in the morning!

My kids just left to go to Dad's house today (they go every other week) and I usually do better on my eating and exercising when they are gone... I have less responsibility when they aren't here and more time to spend in the gym. Lately I've fallen in love with the cardio cinema, I rarely watch movies so I have yet to go in there and have a movie playing that I have already seen. It keeps me on the treadmill longer because I want to know what happens!

Mollz 05-02-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahtmomof3 (Post 3273817)
My kids just left to go to Dad's house today (they go every other week) and I usually do better on my eating and exercising when they are gone... I have less responsibility when they aren't here and more time to spend in the gym. Lately I've fallen in love with the cardio cinema, I rarely watch movies so I have yet to go in there and have a movie playing that I have already seen. It keeps me on the treadmill longer because I want to know what happens!

You watch movies while exercising? I love doing that! I take my step out and climb stairs for a couple of hours watching movies. When I was a kid, my mom had a NordicTrack and she would watch Jeopardy and do her workout. I would watch Knight Rider and when she wasn't there, I'd watch Jeopardy and answer the questions, then keep on skiing till the CBS Evening News came on. ;)

Ahh.... nostalgia. :D

nassmom 05-03-2010 09:43 AM

Ok. Today is the day. I am back on. 227.5 today. So I have only lost 7 pounds now!! I was up to 16 pounds lost!!! Well, I can do it and today is the day!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!:)

squeak351 05-03-2010 09:47 AM

Good morning everyone!

Mollz- congrats on that A, you deserved it!

parkedout- lust for food, lol , I got a kick out of that. I do the same thing, I looked at doughnut this morning and was lusting over it, but I didn't get one, just so not worth it. Although.. fresh hot krispy kremes come by and I probably will not be able to tame my lust.. :devil: We looked at two Thoroughbreds this weekend. Absolutely beautiful and so sweet. One is a bit fiesty, the other is sweet as sugar with the best manners. DD had her out walking her around and all she had to do was think about what she wanted the mare to do & she did it. It was funny seeing a little 65 lb kid controlling this huge 16.3 hand high horse. Once we get a proper barn built we will be moving them over to my sisters. She is getting one and me the other. (I am taking the sweet one! )

lauralyn- I dream of the 150's. Honestly at this point, I'd be happy just to see 199.

I've been laying low lately. My sinus's are acting up again and I feel like my head is in a bucket of water. :( DD has it too. We both layed around yesterday evening and slept, or watched tv. Something never one of us do. The dizziness and nausea is getting to me. Not been eating right, actually not eating much of anything. The upside to being sick, I've lost 1.4 this week. :D

parkedout 05-03-2010 10:51 AM

Morning Ladies! Well, its weigh day...and the scale went the right direction. I was hoping to at least maintain my Friday weight--and I did better than that! I also lost half a pound! I know its not much--but it adds up. I am at a new alltime low: 201.2 I see myself breaking into ONEderland this month~ EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Its been at least three years since I have seen the one-hundreds!~:D:D:D

Happiness.

Been thumbing through several resources as far as curing my 'food lust'. Beck Diet Solution, Self Hypnosis, and a few really awesome blogs. I don't think any one thing is going to get it done. I combine many methods and will find a way that works for me. :)

My goals this week:

Continue good habit setting (so far: SLEEP, vitamins, water and moving!) and adding this weeks challenge:

Mindful Eating. No tasting, picking or anything remotely close. (This is a biggie--I may have to work on this one for a couple of weeks before I get it down--but thats ok.)

Mollz LOL-- I loved your nostalgia! ;) I use my step while watching my program that I DVR. Its so nice. Mindless moving! :D

nassmom Seven pounds is great!

squeak351

I hope you get to feeling better! And don't forget pics of those new horsies!! :) I have been shedding mine out... and taking photos like crazy. Once I get them all done up I will post pics of my little herd! :D Grooming is awesome toning work! And mentally great as well!

Violin Jenn 05-03-2010 12:28 PM

Good Monday afternoon ladies!

This morning was weigh in day for me and I lost 4.6lbs!! :goodscale:goodscale:carrot::carrot:Thats 8lbs in 2 weeks!! Thank you to Ms. Michaels for my daily beatings via dvd:kickbutt: and a couple of good runs! When I lose 1.4lb more, I get to treat myself to Ms. Michaels new cookbook!

I think I'm going to have to slowly start to up my calories. I'm getting pounding headaches that only go away when I eat. Maybe up them only when I have a run planned or something active like that.

I didn't make it to two laps around that 2.2mile loop in the neighborhood behind my apartment complex this weekend. But that's okay cause I'm making that my Summer Fitness Challange! I'd like to be able to run 2.2 mile loop non stop by mid October!:D

Mollz-Congrats on the A-!!!!:bravo::dancer::woohoo:

Squeak- I feel your sinus pain! Mine are making me miserable too. But if I take meds I'm likely to resemble the Seven Dwarfs stoned! I don't like taking meds of any kind, so keeping my body cleansed of it, makes the side effects much more powerful to me.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Keep moving :coach:and keep eating healthy!:chef:

LOL! I just love this guy---->:crazy::crazy:

MCMommy 05-03-2010 02:14 PM

Mollz good job on the A!

Parked I can hear onederland calling your name!!

Squeak Two new horsies...so jealous, we just sent mine in for a "tune up" she will be spending the month of May with the trainer that gives my DD her lessons...ddin't get on her enough this winter and she is being kind of lazy!

As for me....bad weekend, big party at my house...all the yummy leftovers in the fridge calling my name...especially that potato salad :(

My DH is home from work today, hopefully he will polish off the potato salad before I get home. All that partying put me up almost half a pound over the weekend. Not quite the direction I was hoping to go but still aiming for a 2 lb loss this week, just need to get my butt back on the treadmill in the mornings!

This will be a good month because together we are stronger that we are on our own and with your support we can do this!! :carrot:

Mollz 05-03-2010 09:00 PM

Parkedout: Awesome job. Onederland has your name written all over it!! You can do it! Those are some awesome goals that you've put forth for this week.

Nassmom: good on you for jumping back on the bandwagon. The hard part is definitely getting back on. We know the habits we need to keep up with, but sometimes sliding down into the **** that is blissfully unaware of calories and fat grams feels so good!! :devil:

Thanks for the bravos guys; made me feel all tingly. Woowoo. :D :o

Squeak: Sucks about the sinus problem. Probably caused by the change of season. DH gets sinus problems bad for a week or so when the weather starts getting either really warm or really cold.

Jenn: Awesome job on the weight loss!! Keep it up and let us know how the new cookbook fares. Sounds like a great reward. :D

McMommy: I'm not big on potato salad (don't like mayo), but I hear you about the leftovers. DH and I eat any leftovers, especially the chips, lollies and dessert!

Well, back to the doctor this morning and this locum made my blood boil! He told me that just having signs of PCOS doesn't mean that I've got it- I would need a scan to determine it, and according to my scan, I had one cyst (2cm) on the left ovary, which means only that I'm ovulating from that side this month. He asked me how the doctors arrived at my diagnosis and I told him that the gynaecologists asked me questions about my past history. According to this locum, dark hair that goes away once the pill is started doesn't count, neither does being only slightly overweight (235 pounds at my highest weight ever isn't "slightly overweight" enough; I'd need another 30+ pounds!), and not menstruating doesn't count either. He had a condescending bedside manner and was arrogant, like he should have been doing some kind of expensive surgery on the Dalai Lama.

I went away feeling like I went back to square one, not knowing what's wrong with me. My granddad was a gynaecologist; I wish he were alive so I could talk to him.

Anyway, I'm finished with my philosophy paper, so I've only got 1 left this term, due in 3 weeks. After lunch, I'm going to start on it.

MelO 05-04-2010 06:56 AM

I am going to appologize in advance for making this post all about me. I am freaking out. (185 5-1 for future personal reference.) Anyway, I think I have to eat more or cut back on my exercise. I have been doing everything that I could think of to have a steady weight loss. After talking to a guy at the gym tonight, the pieces have kind of fallen into place. I have been getting headaches. I have been getting dizzy. I haven't been able to increase my weight I am lifting. I'm sleepy. Tie that in with my weird weight loss and I think I have too much of a caloric deficit. The idea of eating more or decreasing my exercise is REALLY scary for me. UGH! Sorry this is all about me. I have been reading the posts, but it's 4 am so I will respond to them tomorrow. I'm ready to cry. I need a cheeseburger. STAT. j/k

Bigknitter 05-04-2010 09:15 AM

Jenn way to go on your loss!! That's awesome :)

I jumped off the wagon this weekend, have no clue why really. But after only eating raw for 10 days and then indulging in some salty foods, wow, I am up about 5 pounds! I know this is all just due to the sodium so I'm not freaking out. But I AM getting back on track, right now. I'm going to finish out my challenge without going off plan again, because I feel freaking great when I am on plan and doing what I set out to do. I just wonder why I keep doing this over and over to myself? I need to figure it out. Anyway.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well!!